English Premier League.

maroonlegions

Commentators curse once more

Sheffield United take the lead after telling us only 2 players on the park have scored for them and no goals from a defender or midfielder...across comes the corner and De Gea is too soft and 1-0

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Classic Manchester United.   Lose to a relegation team.    Not over yet, but it's getting close.   Rotated two players in.    Tuanzebe and zelles. 

1st time in 48 years and Sheffield United win 2-1 at Old Trafford

Shock of the season so far surely.

Everton and Leicester City draw 1-1 as well

Manchester City still top with a game in hand

Anyone else a bit shocked that Liverpool didn't have a centre half lined up at the start of the window? Can't believe a team of their stature is putting square pegs in round holes

16 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Anyone else a bit shocked that Liverpool didn't have a centre half lined up at the start of the window? Can't believe a team of their stature is putting square pegs in round holes

I noticed today they might get a cb from napoli.   12 Mill roundabouts.   

Edited by HMFC01

Keeper not acting fast enough and 1-0 Liverpool...really should have tried to cut out the cross rather than let it run across him

Lead deserved though and just about right at this stage

Spurs are seriously missing Reguillon. Doherty at left back isn’t good at all. I just wish Mourinho wouldn’t change the defence every single game. 

Both the Liverpool goals are good examples of the problem with Mourinho changing the defence constantly. No real understanding between them as a group. 

Lloris poor once more and 2-0...terrible attempt at the save knocking it straight out to TAA who knocks it in the corner

BUT wait 2-1 a 20 yarder and Spurs pull one back...good strike

Edited by CJGJ

Going back to Liverpool cb problems.   That's matip out Injured again.  🤣 

They got some dodgy backup on he's been booked already.    I think they need to get another one in quick. 

Good goal Liverpool 😂 maybe handball. 

Firmino did handle but Dier did before him, but Spurs got the free kick

Edited by John Findlay

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Firmino did handle but Dier did before him, but Spurs got the free kick

Crazy decision considering dier has a handfull of firminhios shirt.    Bonkers.   Should be a Liverpool free kick. 

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

No chance. Miles of the speed of the game and Jose doesn’t seem to trust him. 

Yeah he's getting chucked.   Bit harsh on lucas getting left out though. 

William H. Bonney
6 minutes ago, Tazio said:

No chance. Miles of the speed of the game and Jose doesn’t seem to trust him. 

I heard an ex pro recently say the reason bale doesn’t play often is because he refuses to play in a certain position, right back I think. 

Good choice Jose 🤣. Lucas or lamela ⚖️

Good try Bale! You nearly hit the corner flag. 

Edited by HMFC01

Looks like the goal drought is over for Liverpool

In the last month they have thrown away points with needless draws/defeats despite dominating matches much of which is due to missed chances

However problems again in defence with Matip off and Fabinho injured...you have to think they will be forced into getting a centre back in the next few days

West Ham United away next for Liverpool and they are in form

Well Spurs got what they deserved from that. **** knows what Mourinho is up to with his tactics and player choices. Changing the defence every game, playing Rodon instead of Alderweirald against an experienced attack. Doherty isn’t good enough and brings nothing to the team compared to Aurier who at least bombs forward when needed. Not enough players in midfield. Doherty at left back. Lamela instead of Lucas Moura. He finds a winning formation then changes it as soon as it works. 

9 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Looks like the goal drought is over for Liverpool

In the last month they have thrown away points with needless draws/defeats despite dominating matches much of which is due to missed chances

However problems again in defence with Matip off and Fabinho injured...you have to think they will be forced into getting a centre back in the next few days

West Ham United away next for Liverpool and they are in form

West Ham in 5th, unbelievable.   Moyes will want to take a victory over Liverpool.    I think he can do it, Liverpool defence weak.    West ham can take advantage. 

2 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

West Ham in 5th, unbelievable.   Moyes will want to take a victory over Liverpool.    I think he can do it, Liverpool defence weak.    West ham can take advantage. 

Liverpool will be weakened but not to the point where their defence is worse than WHU

WHU have done well this season but they are playing the champions not Crystal Palace

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Liverpool will be weakened but not to the point where their defence is worse than WHU

WHU have done well this season but they are playing the champions not Crystal Palace

Bloody hell, a win against an awful Tottenham performance and the arrogance is right back.  

16 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Bloody hell, a win against an awful Tottenham performance and the arrogance is right back.  

Terrible isn't it...champions 'followers' being honest...just no right to be like that but that is how the players think also......see below

I mean in 2020 they were World champions, League winners and Champions league holders but you're right the arrogance (using your word) was not deserved in any way

"Nothing has really changed, we're the same team we always have been. We have the same mentality going into games, we respect the opposition. We have the expectation on ourselves that we should win the game and it was a whole performance from the lads."

Edited by CJGJ

You can quote Alexander-Arnold all you want but I was quoting a post where you managed to insult 2 other clubs at the same time. Both teams that are ahead of Burnley in the league, and ahead of Fulham. Nothing is a given this season in the EPL. 

42 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Ogbonna is in better form than any Liverpool defender this season.

Maroon Sailor
11 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

A Newcastle win, god i forgot what that felt like.

Extra large doner for Bruce tonight

C2vH3UpWIAAEE7i.jpg.11db5fc0ffa0efe504cc797ff834571a.jpg