English Premier League.

maroonlegions

Just now, CJGJ said:

Clipped slightly for me so no dive

I don't care enough to argue but it must have been ever so slightly..

If you mean the knee then it looked like he was almost horizontal before any slight contact.

Great free kick though

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, RussAsia said:

I don't care enough to argue but it must have been ever so slightly..

If you mean the knee then it looked like he was almost horizontal before any slight contact.

Great free kick though

It was never a penalty. Flung himself to the ground.

As you say, cracker of a free kick!

Good lord they’ve got strange ideas of what is a legitimate penalty down south these days. Tierney was on his way down before the very slight knee contact, which I doubt would have been enough to make him go down. Even in the post match he said he felt contact so went down, maybe I’m old fashioned but I think feeling contact is a legitimate reason to fall over is cheating. If the contact isn’t enough to make you hit the deck it isn’t enough to be a penalty. 

Liverpool v WBA just kicking off , fans at the game but there doesn’t appear to be much social distancing going on , are they in a lower tier and can get away with it now ? 

Leveinesque tactics from Moyes cost West Ham 2 points today. One up top v Brighton at home especially if that one is Sebastian Haller, despite that superb overhead kick he is the most miserable footballer I've ever seen and, at 45 million probably the biggest waste of money too. An empty jersey pretty much every week. Yarmalenko offers way more. Mark Noble, club legend though he is is finished as a Premier League player. Lucky to get a point today.

19 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Liverpool v WBA just kicking off , fans at the game but there doesn’t appear to be much social distancing going on , are they in a lower tier and can get away with it now ? 

Most games I've watched with crowds, outside of the SRU test event with only 700 in a near 70k stadium, have looked a bit 'dodgy'

Could be families and households, but it just doesn't look as if protocols are being strictly observed.  But I'm sure they are as there doesn't appear to have be any negative publicity.

Edited by DETTY29

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, benny said:

Surely it would be better having their fans in the stand at the side of the pitch.

Easier to keep social distancing.

If they are in a stand behind the goal, they will only be facing forwards to see the game, rather than moving from left to right to follow the action

Dagger Is Back

Nobody really wants to win it this year do they? Personally I think it’s brilliant that it’s still so open at this stage in the season 

On 26/12/2020 at 19:40, Tazio said:

Good lord they’ve got strange ideas of what is a legitimate penalty down south these days. Tierney was on his way down before the very slight knee contact, which I doubt would have been enough to make him go down. Even in the post match he said he felt contact so went down, maybe I’m old fashioned but I think feeling contact is a legitimate reason to fall over is cheating. If the contact isn’t enough to make you hit the deck it isn’t enough to be a penalty. 

Clearly a dive - straight from the Celtic training ground. 

22 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Salah has been crap today.

Despite his goals, Salah has been crap for a while now.

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Despite his goals, Salah has been crap for a while now.

Bit to much Christmas pudding.

Kane was poor yesterday too.

Great having so much live football but they really do push the envelope in England over the holiday period.

alwaysthereinspirit
3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Leeds 0-4 up at HT away to WBA.

Leeds have been awesome to watch this season.

Tora, Tora, Tora.

Not so much on defense.

Sheffield United have lost 11 of 14 by the odd goal and that includes 7  1-0 defeats

You don't score you don't win clearly shown....indeed you don't score you don't even draw

Fulham v Spurs off tonight

Fulham's Premier League match at Tottenham on Wednesday has been called off because of new coronavirus cases at the west London club.

The game was due to start at 18:00 GMT at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

Fulham requested for the fixture to be postponed and the decision was confirmed three hours before kick-off.

The Newcastle Liverpool game has been good. Still nil nil but Newcastle have tried to break forward and have had chances, Liverpool it has been good up until either the final ball or the shot.

I've also been impressed with McCoist commentating

Still 0-0 but Liverpool would win on points if it was a boxing match

Great couple of saves from Newcastle keeper and they are trying 100% to keep Liverpool out

28 minutes ago, Tazio said:

This Everton - West Ham game is as bad a game of football as I’ve seen in a long time. Dire from both sides. 

Yeah. Watching it too.

At least they don't get paid giant piles of money.

About 80% of the EPL players, if not more, are bang average.  

I bet there is nobody on either side under 35K a week.  Including the benches.

Bazzas right boot
36 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Yeah. Watching it too.

At least they don't get paid giant piles of money.

About 80% of the EPL players, if not more, are bang average.  

I bet there is nobody on either side under 35K a week.  Including the benches.

That's to much ffs. 

Even the benches are getting 35k a week, folk being made redundant and someone is paying a bench that type of money. 

EPL much better value (as a neutral) without crowds.  Halfway through the season and 7 points separates the top 10.  Lots of games in hand flying about as well.  

13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

That's to much ffs. 

Even the benches are getting 35k a week, folk being made redundant and someone is paying a bench that type of money. 

Don't get me started on how much the corner flags get.

Pogba earns his team a penalty, var confirmed it, I am still saying he dives by tripping himself up.    Minimal contact to make pogbas leg shift slightly to result in tripping himself up. 

3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Aye. After he sticks his left arm across the Villa player's neck.

True 😁.   Its simple things like that some people miss, including me.    Watched it back, there is a clear argument there.    You get booked for that kind of infringement.

2 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

I'm sure the wee diving p**** grealish will try his best to even up the penalty count.

I e noticed in recent games, including tonight opposition players laughing or smiling after his more fanciful fouls. Every player knows he’s at it constantly and can’t even be arsed complaining. 
A better thing though is watching Fernandes play. So many lovely touches and clever passes in every game. A player any neutral watching can appreciate and enjoy. 

WoolfordsHearts
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I e noticed in recent games, including tonight opposition players laughing or smiling after his more fanciful fouls. Every player knows he’s at it constantly and can’t even be arsed complaining. 
A better thing though is watching Fernandes play. So many lovely touches and clever passes in every game. A player any neutral watching can appreciate and enjoy. 

grealish is everything that's wrong with modern day football imo.

6 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he never played for another English club. Plays for the team he supports and is a huge hero to the fans. Maybe do a Glenn Hoddle and head abroad at some point.

Funny Villa could have been demoted. Grealish would have been punted. Maybe Mcginn and Mings too. They’d be trying to get back up from Championship

Instead were allowed to fight relegation. Added to their squad and now look a proper team - pushing for Europe

That looked like a hand ball by maguire at the end, from the cross.   Drops onto his forearm after the failed header. 

Oh well, no penalty, game over.   Challenging Liverpool for the title now. 

Utter madness that in joint first place you have two teams who lost 6-1 and 7-2 respectively on the same day!  Man U have came from nowhere.  Could be a genuine contender if they reinforce this month.  

9 hours ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

A genuine talent who can beat defenders and cause havoc amongst opposition defenders. 

Lovely legs as well 😁