• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

Leeds falling apart again by the looks of it...

They certainly are.

Arthur Morgan
4 minutes ago, benny said:

Happily Leeds are hibsing it.

I don't think anyone outwith Leeds fans actually like Leeds, me included :jjyay:

DesertDawg
11 minutes ago, benny said:

Better team by far won by 4 goals.  As the commentary team said, if Marti Cifuentes win ratio is applied to the whole season, QPR would be in the top six.

rmreido

Ipswich now got a great chance to go up, win their next 2 games, job done. Tough tho, both away, Hull tomorrow, Coventry on Tuesday ...

I hope they do it.

DesertDawg
9 minutes ago, rmreido said:

Ipswich now got a great chance to go up, win their next 2 games, job done. Tough tho, both away, Hull tomorrow, Coventry on Tuesday ...

I hope they do it.

Two draws and a win will do it but if Leeds don't beat Southampton then one win will do.

tian447
8 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Which is proof that the word defensive doesn’t necessarily mean bad. It can be a route to success when you’re up against a side who have very dangerous attacking quality at their disposal.

A certain group of fans seem to believe that simply attacking the opponent and taking zero consideration or measures against their more dangerous attack is the way to go 100% of the time. Huv a go. Folk think that’s the only way to win a game. Nonsensical point of view which shows a total lack of knowledge of the sport of football. 

Defensive isn't bad, but it has to be backed up with the ability to be lethal on the counter attack and guarantee that you will make the most of the few attacks that you have. 

What doesn't work is sitting behind the ball and hoofing it forward, hoping for the best. See: Hibs. 

Mikey1874

In case anyone missed it, Leicester won't be getting a points deduction this season for their massive overspending which helped them get promoted. 

Probably fair enough, as Leicester wouldn't have been relegated if Everton's first points deduction had been applied last season..

tian447
48 minutes ago, benny said:

Weekend coupon ****ed by 10 past 8 on a Friday night. 

Got to be some sort of record! :lol:

I'll double down and pick another absolute loser tomorrow morning. :thumbsup:

Bongo 1874
48 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Better team by far won by 4 goals.  As the commentary team said, if Marti Cifuentes win ratio is applied to the whole season, QPR would be in the top six.

I'm impressed by him so far.

Edited by Bongo 1874

skinnybob72
2 hours ago, rmreido said:

I hope they do it.

Back to back promotions if they do! 

Fraggle
10 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

In case anyone missed it, Leicester won't be getting a points deduction this season for their massive overspending which helped them get promoted. 

Probably fair enough, as Leicester wouldn't have been relegated if Everton's first points deduction had been applied last season..

I thought their points deduction was for over spending whilst they were in the EPL, not for what they've done this season?

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
12 hours ago, rmreido said:

I hope they do it.

Hope they go up.  Got a bit of a soft spot for them given what they achieved in the 70’s and 80’s - with a good smattering of Scots too, although that was common at most of the high performing English sides of the time

Wark, Brazil, Burley etc

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, Fraggle said:

I thought their points deduction was for over spending whilst they were in the EPL, not for what they've done this season?

Then there will be 2 points deductions then. 

milky_26
1 hour ago, skinnybob72 said:

Leeds are due other clubs £190m in transfer fees - if they don't get promoted they could be in a bit of trouble. A squad that cost c£200m and hefty parachute payments really is a massive advantage over most of the Championship clubs. 

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2024/04/11/leeds-united-financial-news/

if they dont get promoted they will need to sell a number of players probably gnonto, rutter, gray and sumerville. that would make a good dent in it but would weaken their chances of getting promoted next season

Gundermann
6 minutes ago, Cade said:

BBC standards as high as ever, I see
xiq4ocx.jpg

THEY'RE season

:vrface:

That's awful.

Liverpool Hibsing the league. Would rather them or Arsenal than Man City.

I wonder what Klopp said to Salah on the touchline before he was subbed on.    Some finger pointing and raised temperatures from Salah.   He didn't look happy until Moyes said something which made Salah smile. 

Sooperstar
19 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

I wonder what Klopp said to Salah on the touchline before he was subbed on.    Some finger pointing and raised temperatures from Salah.   He didn't look happy until Moyes said something which made Salah smile. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Another club might have sacked Klopp. 

For finishing behind Arsenal and Man  City?

Mikey1874
4 minutes ago, benny said:

Everton safe.

As long as they withdraw their second points deduction appeal. A new panel can change the penalty.

Everton need to keep adding points, coz you never know what nonsense the PL will come up with next.

They go on about Klopp being this Liverpool legend and yes he won the CL but being their 8 years or whatever it is and 1 league title is hardly amazing - Danny Murphy and other ex Liverpool players seriously have some weird obsession that Liverpool have been amazing under Klopp but the stats don't lie they've generally played 2nd fiddle in that time to City 

Armageddon

Defo a free kick there for the Chelsea 3rd goal, how could the lassie commentator not even mention it, it was as clear as day!!

Chelsea can be horrendous but also sensational 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

rmreido
17 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Good game with Hull and Ipswich. 3-3

Great watch, but how on earth did Ipswich not win it at the end.

neilnunb
5 minutes ago, rmreido said:

Great watch, but how on earth did Ipswich not win it at the end.

Shame

GOAL_-_Blank_WEB_-_Facebook_-_2024-02-12T135612.655.jpg

Seaside Dave

With being 2 up big missed opportunity from villa. But hopefully at end of season that points give them 4th over ange 

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, rory78 said:

They go on about Klopp being this Liverpool legend and yes he won the CL but being their 8 years or whatever it is and 1 league title is hardly amazing - Danny Murphy and other ex Liverpool players seriously have some weird obsession that Liverpool have been amazing under Klopp but the stats don't lie they've generally played 2nd fiddle in that time to City 

It what the fans think if he’s a legend or not.

Seymour M Hersh
12 hours ago, rory78 said:

Is that the same City who have 115 charges of financial cheating pending against them?

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Bazzas right boot

Ironically if Arsenal beat Spurs it has a bigger chance of making the Spurs v City game irrelevant for Spurs, which won't suit Arsenal. 

Bazzas right boot
15 hours ago, rory78 said:

It is amazing to Liverpool as they hadn't won the EPL ever. First league title in decades.

It's all relevant.

City have been the dominate team, no one is debating that.

Sooperstar
15 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Defo a free kick there for the Chelsea 3rd goal, how could the lassie commentator not even mention it, it was as clear as day!!

Chelsea can be horrendous but also sensational 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

The consensus between Lineker, Shearer and Wright on MOTD was that it wasn't a foul. I completely disagree with them.

martoon

North London flairmeisters 0-1 Arsenal. 😊