English Premier League.

maroonlegions

Samuel Camazzola
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

I have to say that when he first appeared on the scene I thought he was going to be another Theo Walcott, young, speedy, and overhyped by the English press before hitting a very real ceiling of what he could do. Looks like I was totally wrong though. 

Yeah, they had Macheda about 10 years ago who showed promise an then wilted away. It's been well publicised about how Morrison was the biggest prospect and is still dotting about various clubs. 

Looks like there is more to come from Rashford too. 

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, benny said:

That Williams playing a big part in Rashfords performance.

Come on, take the sky blue tinted goggles off for a minute. He’s been very good all season against a lot of different defenders. 

Edited by Tazio

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Come on, take the sky blue tinted goggles off for a minute. He’s been very good all season against a lot of different defenders. 

It was difficult to enjoy that exquisite pass for the first goal because the liverpool defender wasn't very good.   Stunning ball 

16 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Was posting about today's game.

Williams looks slow as.

Edited by benny

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

Great freekick but thiago ducks out of it. Keeper ha no chance

Thiago was pushed by Pogba.

Edited by AWM

Bit unlucky for Lampard in all honesty, he was never going to turn the job down but could have done with another year or two before going there, then the transfer ban which meant he kind of got a free pass 1st season but had twice as many players to integrate 2nd season which just hasn't worked at all with Ziyech, Werner and Haevertz all failing to really settle. 

Shame for Frank, the fans and the club but it really didn't seem to be working. They've got worse and worse and look completely devoid of ideas. At least last season and early in the season they were scoring lots but conceding lots and it was exciting. Now they look like they don't know how to play anymore

The Old Tolbooth
On 21/01/2021 at 22:19, Tazio said:

This is what most other managers struggle with that Ferguson did very well. People talk about Ferguson’s Man Utd but in reality it was a number of teams he had over the years. Wenger looked like he was going to do it but bizarrely lost the ability to sign leaders in his sides. I also think people are a bit premature writing Liverpool off this season. They’re in the worst run Klopp has had but all the top teams are capable of that this season. I still think the league isn’t done by a mile as it’s so tight at the top. 

Liverpool are the architects of their own downfall for me, they've had a weak defence now for a long time and done very little to sort it out apart from sign VVD, as soon as he goes out injured, there's major issues. They've known about the injury list for ages and actually done nothing at all to address it, making excuse after excuse to avoid signing someone, when it's very clear that Williams is nowhere near ready for first team action. They've been linked with numerous defenders for the summer, but nothing when they really need it to bolster their title defence, it's criminal! 

Son will be licking his lips at the thought of playing down that left wing on Thursday night against Liverpool, he could have a field day! 

11 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Chelsea have now confirmed the sacking of lampard

He has been giving plenty money to spend,not worked out for him,They need a manager with good experience at that level,it was a gamble with Lampard,still he was giving the opportunity to manage his Chelsea,Abramavich does not give a manager much time ,wants quick success,otherwise your gone.

10 minutes ago, ford donald said:

He has been giving plenty money to spend,not worked out for him,They need a manager with good experience at that level,it was a gamble with Lampard,still he was giving the opportunity to manage his Chelsea,Abramavich does not give a manager much time ,wants quick success,otherwise your gone.

It's a funny one, as Chelsea are usually the most criticised for the hiring and firing approach but unlike the majority of other clubs who also partake in it, Abramovich tends to give the manager an abundance of world class talent to work with so can be a bit more demanding of more instant results. Now you can argue the players aren't always the ones the manager wanted but look at the players Frank has at his disposal and suddenly their recent performances are really not acceptable

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Benitez is available.

Think that would tip the fans over the edge 😂 might get away with it given the current situation of no fans but it would get folks backs up. Sounds like it'll be Tuchel I think.

Maroon Sailor
45 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Benitez is available.

I don't get how he is held in such high esteem. He's a defensive manager so that automatically qualifies him to be a tactical genius.

He's been dining out on that night in Istanbul

14 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I don't get how he is held in such high esteem. He's a defensive manager so that automatically qualifies him to be a tactical genius.

He's been dining out on that night in Istanbul

He won La Liga Twice with Valencia prior to winning the Champions League with Liverpool. He's also won the UEFA Cup twice, the FA Cup, the Coppa Italia with Napoli and the Club World Cup with Inter.

Not on the same level as say Guardiola, Mourinho and Klopp, but there are few other coaches in the modern game who have as good a record.

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

He won La Liga Twice with Valencia prior to winning the Champions League with Liverpool. He's also won the UEFA Cup twice, the FA Cup, the Coppa Italia with Napoli and the Club World Cup with Inter.

Not on the same level as say Guardiola, Mourinho and Klopp, but there are few other coaches in the modern game who have as good a record.

2 league titles in Spain nearly 20 years ago

I Champions League 16 years ago on penalties

I'm not saying he isn't a good manager but feck me he's overhyped. His teams are boring to watch

I’ve mentioned it before but watching the Newcastle game I’m still unsure how they get away with the numbers on their strips. They’re pretty much unreadable on telly. 

18 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

West Ham currently in 5th 😯

Played really well again tonight. Should be 5 or 6 up

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

Played really well again tonight. Should be 5 or 6 up

Don't think I've ever seen them so high up 😁😉

7 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

It’s been a while 😀😀

William H. Bonney
10 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

you’ve seen them higher, because they’re 4th. 

2 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

🤣👍  think I was too busy thinking about my Liverpool supporting cousin...who lives in West Ham territory 😃

I didn't think of it at the time.

But great to see Allan Saint-Maximin back after being laid low by Covid. One of the great entertainers. 

5 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

What an absolute farce at Man City's 2nd goal.

Linesmen have been told not to flag until the play is over.

This one did not.

I see they have changed the offside rule as well so the goal City scored last week would have been offside.

They are just making it up as they go along.

The rule should have stayed the same until next season.

13 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

Another shocker from Palace - they have a dip every season and this is it. West Ham should have had 6 or 7. Can't see where the next win is coming from. Just as well the bottom three can't seem to win at the moment but that will change. Thank you Hearts for saving my night!

McGlynn The Money

Nice goal from Villa tonight, reminds me of Robbo's opener at Easter Road in the Wayne Foster game. Left wing cross and a deft wee finish at the best post.

Stephane Grappelli

Great run from Grealish and if he'd scored it would have been a goal of the season contender. Pope was infallible in the Burnley goal though.

Smart goal.   He meant that.  2-2.was a shot cross ☺ 

PS.   Dunne is on the bench.   😬 

Edited by HMFC01

2 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Smart goal.   He meant that.  2-2.was a shot cross ☺ 

PS.   Dunne is on the bench.   😬 

3-2,now. Goalie slow there.

Stephane Grappelli
25 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

3-2,now. Goalie slow there.

Aye, really enjoyed it. On paper it didn't exactly whet the appetite but glad O watched it. What a job Sean Dyche does with Burnley every year.

Just now, Stephane Grappelli said:

Aye, really enjoyed it. On paper it didn't exactly whet the appetite but glad O watched it. What a job Sean Dyche does with Burnley every year.

Agreed