English Premier League.

maroonlegions

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yeah i heard it but...a striker (let's say Boyce) can now loiter beyond the final defender, no more than a few feet away, and wait for them to mistime a touch, nick round the side and get the ball? If that ball had been launched by Craig Gordon then it would be called offside as soon as the striker touched it or even got involved, no?

What's the difference?

Only if Boyce touched it without anyone else touching the kick out from the keeper. If the defender miss controls, then Boyce is quite entitled to go for the ball.

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• Maroon Sailor

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yeah i heard it but...a striker (let's say Boyce) can now loiter beyond the final defender, no more than a few feet away, and wait for them to mistime a touch, nick round the side and get the ball? If that ball had been launched by Craig Gordon then it would be called offside as soon as the striker touched it or even got involved, no?

What's the difference?

There will be a goal disallowed this season where a striker is given offside despite a defender playing the ball in-between the original pass. Guaranteed. It's probably already happened.  

It may be the letter of the law but it defeats the purpose of offside and makes a mockery of it for the reason you state.

Rio made a right arse of himself.Despite the rule being explained to him he thought it should have not been allowed.

The other clown thinking it should not have been a penalty because the ball was going wide.

BT have to get a better class of pundit.

11 minutes ago, benny said:

Rio made a right arse of himself.Despite the rule being explained to him he thought it should have not been allowed.

The other clown thinking it should not have been a penalty because the ball was going wide.

BT have to get a better class of pundit.

What about Walton though? Clueless

Jimmy Dunne left out the Burnley squad tonight versus Liverpool.    3-0 Liverpool as a consequence of his ommittance. 

:th_woot:

Edited by HMFC01

16 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

See this offside flag going up about 30secs late despite it being obvious. Doing my nut in. Just wastes time. 😡😡😡

Yeah that was drawn out too far for my liking.    It would piss me off if I had to defend that and got injured for a late call. 

Just to add if anyone missed it.   It was about 2 metres offside.  😂.    

Edited by HMFC01

William H. Bonney
27 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Jimmy Dunne left out the Burnley squad tonight versus Liverpool.    3-0 Liverpool as a consequence of his ommittance. 

:th_woot:

think he has only played a couple of games. 

rambothejambo

So far another pretty drab game. Can't believe this is the same "best league in the world" (according to some of these arsehole commentators) that I'm watching.

Just now, HMFC01 said:

Origi 😆

Hits the keeper with his first shot, now the post.    Taxi for Origi! 

🚖

Then laughing about it 30 seconds later 😐🤣

1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

:scenes:  klopp arguing with dyche in the tunnel.   Players shoving each other on the pitch at halftime whistle. 

And all over absolutely nothing 🤣

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Or the Burnley players didn’t like the sneaky kick? 

Wanting to see the replay of it again. 

Edited by neilnunb

5 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

And all over absolutely nothing 🤣

Yeah it was just a body check from Barnes then fabinhio a slight kick out at him.    Got a yellow, escaped a red card from VAR review. 

Frustrating times for Liverpool.   Klopp arguing with Dyche, class.   Need more of that fight in the second half. 

Samuel Camazzola
9 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Burnley will deserve this. Liverpool have totally gone off the boil.

Could find themselves in 7th soon. 

I think Liverpool need to freshen the squad with new players.    Some are not playing to acceptable standards.   Could do with getting that Norwegian striker at dortmund for starters ☺ 

19 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

I think Liverpool need to freshen the squad with new players.    Some are not playing to acceptable standards.   Could do with getting that Norwegian striker at dortmund for starters ☺ 

This is what most other managers struggle with that Ferguson did very well. People talk about Ferguson’s Man Utd but in reality it was a number of teams he had over the years. Wenger looked like he was going to do it but bizarrely lost the ability to sign leaders in his sides. I also think people are a bit premature writing Liverpool off this season. They’re in the worst run Klopp has had but all the top teams are capable of that this season. I still think the league isn’t done by a mile as it’s so tight at the top. 

7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

This is what most other managers struggle with that Ferguson did very well. People talk about Ferguson’s Man Utd but in reality it was a number of teams he had over the years. Wenger looked like he was going to do it but bizarrely lost the ability to sign leaders in his sides. I also think people are a bit premature writing Liverpool off this season. They’re in the worst run Klopp has had but all the top teams are capable of that this season. I still think the league isn’t done by a mile as it’s so tight at the top. 

Definitely there are more surprises in terms of league positions still to come.   I thought Tottenham had a chance with having Bale in the squad.   Turned out they don't want him. 🤣   Too unfit. 

Just now, HMFC01 said:

Definitely there are more surprises in terms of league positions still to come.   I thought Tottenham had a chance with having Bale in the squad.   Turned out they don't want him. 🤣   Too unfit. 

The return of Bale has made us realise why he wasn’t playing at Real Madrid. One paced now and that was a huge part of his game. I’d imagine Levy has made a few phone calls to Madrid trying to send him back, as Madrid piss themselves at Spurs paying half his wage. 

Liverpool have reverted back to Liverpool, just like Celtic have reverted back to Celtic. Must suck supporting teams like that. 

Klopp gradually losing his cool as well.  

Edited by gashauskis9

4 hours ago, neilnunb said:

de Bruyne out for a few weeks

Vardy also out for a few weeks

Vardy missing will cost leicester points, he's a match winner.    De bruyne, I think man City can cope without. 

Guest ToqueJambo
20 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

Liverpool have reverted back to Liverpool, just like Celtic have reverted back to Celtic. Must suck supporting teams like that. 

Klopp gradually losing his cool as well.  

The magic seems to have deserted Klopp for now but I'd expect him to turn it around. Just shows how losing just one key player can affect a team. 

Gerard will be watching with interest though. Can't be doing his case any harm if Rangers progress more in Europe and he take the title.

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The magic seems to have deserted Klopp for now but I'd expect him to turn it around. Just shows how losing just one key player can affect a team. 

Gerard will be watching with interest though. Can't be doing his case any harm if Rangers progress more in Europe and he take the title.

What is more likely is a few Liverpool players have lost their hunger and their edge. Last season they kept winning games with great desire and brilliance. 

Maintaining success is maybe the hardest thing. No real change in that squad aside from Van Dijk but Liverpool's problems aren't in defence. Tricky one for the manager. It might not be obvious until it happens. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

What is more likely is a few Liverpool players have lost their hunger and their edge. Last season they kept winning games with great desire and brilliance. 

Maintaining success is maybe the hardest thing. No real change in that squad aside from Van Dijk but Liverpool's problems aren't in defence. Tricky one for the manager. It might not be obvious until it happens. 

True, plus playing with no fans will affect some players in ways we can't really measure. In a way, this is kind of a non-season, a one-off unusual season that will always have a bit of an asterisk against it. Same for all other leagues and tournaments.

Van Dijk's influence can't be underestimated though. They only became real challengers after signing him. He was the final piece of the jigsaw and was a massive influence in terms of his play and character. Huge loss.

Edited by ToqueJambo

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

True, plus playing with no fans will affect some players in ways we can't really measure. In a way, this is kind of a non-season, a one-off unusual season that will always have a bit of an asterisk against it. Same for all other leagues and tournaments.

Van Dijk's influence can't be underestimated though. They only became real challengers after signing him. He was the final piece of the jigsaw and was a massive influence in terms of his play and character. Huge loss.

I agree about the character and you may have a point. 

It's under estimated for example how much an influence Harry McGuire is, at Man Utd. His mistakes are irrelevant compared to his drive and example. 

Maybe the likes of Salah, Trent-Arnold etc don't have it. Not enough leaders now. 

They managed without Van Dijk until last month.

The front three are struggling big time since they demolished Palace.

Robertson doesn't seem to be bombing up and down the wing as much as well.

Trent -Arnold seemingly had an 18 crosses 0 finding an Liverpool player as well.

Thiago although a cracking player seems a poor fit on their style.

Defence is still not their main problem,their attack and midfield are in a worse state at the moment.

43 minutes ago, benny said:

They managed without Van Dijk until last month.

The front three are struggling big time since they demolished Palace.

Robertson doesn't seem to be bombing up and down the wing as much as well.

Trent -Arnold seemingly had an 18 crosses 0 finding an Liverpool player as well.

Thiago although a cracking player seems a poor fit on their style.

Defence is still not their main problem,their attack and midfield are in a worse state at the moment.

They are nowhere near as strong squad wise as others in the title frame either.I think also egos are getting in the way as well now Salah and Mane don't look like they get on at all and that has been festering away for a while.

alwaysthereinspirit

Salah is absolutely crap right now. Always appears to take on one to many defenders now. Decision making is in his @$$.

12 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Salah is absolutely crap right now. Always appears to take on one to many defenders now. Decision making is in his @$$.

At this moment in time, all you have to do is make Salah go with his right foot all the time. He doesnt want to use it at all and always tries to comeback onto his left. Opponents know this and can either block him or take the ball from him. 

His form has been dipping since the resumption of football down south to complete last season.  

41 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Newcastle losing again.

Surely Bruce will be getting punted soon.

Honestly don't know how he keeps getting decent jobs.

He's as slippery as they come and has a lot of friends in the media. Been getting some lucky points in the past such as two stoppage time goals last season  verses Everton but luck is a fickle friend. Geordies have known this form dip has been coming for a long time 

Pasquale for King

Newcastle losing again.

Him and his pals like Allardyce, Pullis, Warnock, Moyes etc etc. 
Not much said from Villa about a goal from their offside player scoring after a defender touched the ball 😱🤔😂😆

Newcastle losing again.

don’t know why he just doesn’t pack it in and become a pundit. He will never make it as a successful manager

1 minute ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Rashford looks on it today. Would be pleasing to see Liverpool get papped out the cup. 

I have to say that when he first appeared on the scene I thought he was going to be another Theo Walcott, young, speedy, and overhyped by the English press before hitting a very real ceiling of what he could do. Looks like I was totally wrong though. 

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I have to say that when he first appeared on the scene I thought he was going to be another Theo Walcott, young, speedy, and overhyped by the English press before hitting a very real ceiling of what he could do. Looks like I was totally wrong though. 

That Williams playing a big part in Rashfords performance.