• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• Maroon Sailor

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That has to be a sympathy call VAR decision to overturn penalty decision.

Foot on line when fouled, but saying tackle was outside, which is dubious, but the tackle continued on to line anway.

1 minute ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Southampton must be playing bad if United scored 4 . 

Southampton had a player sent off after only 79 seconds. For once it wasnt debatable as it was a horrendous foul.

That Southampton manager needs to learn about something called damage limitation. Not the first time they’ve been utterly humiliated under him - a friend told me he saw him saying “come on lads we can get one back” at 7-0. 

alwaysthereinspirit
6 minutes ago, Barack said:

Say what you like about the red. Ruthless & professional from United. 

As it should be.

This. If they stay in the race then goal difference could be a thing. Not their job to stop trying to score but opponents job to stop them scoring.

We’ll read the usual “running up the score” soon enough.

Feel pretty sorry for Hassenhuttl. In the grand scheme of things, he's done pretty well at Southampton. Solid mid-table side, playing some decent football (sometimes) and still going in the FA Cup. 

Losing 9-0, twice, with the same team, is surely a first in top level football? Unfortunately, regardless of what future success he can maybe bring them, he will always be known as the guy who suffered two 9-0 defeats. Must be utterly demoralising.

Can't say I'm really surprised though. He's Austrian, but with German Bundesliga experience. As someone who watches the Bundesliga, it's great for the attacking intent, but teams aren't exactly known for their defensive solidarity, and it seems Hassenhuttl has an element of that in his style at Southampton.

Edited by Locky

9 hours ago, King prawn said:

That Southampton manager needs to learn about something called damage limitation. Not the first time they’ve been utterly humiliated under him - a friend told me he saw him saying “come on lads we can get one back” at 7-0. 

The problem with that?

The game is about scoring goals.

Just now, John Findlay said:

The problem with that?

The game is about scoring goals.

Yes let’s keep pushing forward with 9 men in the hope we get a consolation and concede 4 in the process.. that’s great for confidence. 

19 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Yes let’s keep pushing forward with 9 men in the hope we get a consolation and concede 4 in the process.. that’s great for confidence. 

I think there confidence probably went when the young guy got sent off after 79 seconds. 

Well if they react in the same way to the 9-0 defeat they suffered to Leicester last season, which was at home, I think Southampton will be just fine.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

I think there confidence probably went when the young guy got sent off after 79 seconds. 

Well if they react in the same way to the 9-0 defeat they suffered to Leicester last season, which was at home, I think Southampton will be just fine.

Very strange league this season. Southampton were top of the league not that long ago and being touted as having a great season. They are now on the same points as Palace who have had a very stop/start season. As you say, think Southampton will be fine. Expect them to go on a run soon and pick up points once they get players back from injury. Another good win for Palace last night though Townsend's miss in injury time will haunt me for a few days! Zaha out injured so expect a few defeats in next couple of games.

39 minutes ago, EagleJambo said:

Very strange league this season. Southampton were top of the league not that long ago and being touted as having a great season. They are now on the same points as Palace who have had a very stop/start season. As you say, think Southampton will be fine. Expect them to go on a run soon and pick up points once they get players back from injury. Another good win for Palace last night though Townsend's miss in injury time will haunt me for a few days! Zaha out injured so expect a few defeats in next couple of games.

Townsend miss was up there with the best of misses.

Ì think Palace playing without Zaha for 3/4 games may do them the world of good. I think he can be a bit petulant at times.

Maroon Sailor
11 hours ago, Locky said:

Feel pretty sorry for Hassenhuttl. In the grand scheme of things, he's done pretty well at Southampton. Solid mid-table side, playing some decent football (sometimes) and still going in the FA Cup. 

Losing 9-0, twice, with the same team, is surely a first in top level football? Unfortunately, regardless of what future success he can maybe bring them, he will always be known as the guy who suffered two 9-0 defeats. Must be utterly demoralising.

Can't say I'm really surprised though. He's Austrian, but with German Bundesliga experience. As someone who watches the Bundesliga, it's great for the attacking intent, but teams aren't exactly known for their defensive solidarity, and it seems Hassenhuttl has an element of that in his style at Southampton.

To lose 9-0 once can be put down as a freak result but twice is inexcusable.

I was surprised Southampton stuck by him after the 0-9 against Leicester.

10 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I do sort of respect Southampton for not binning him on the back of that, and appreciating the bigger picture of his project. It's a difficult one this time round though. As I mentioned before, he's done a pretty good job there and is building something decent at the club, but you're right. Two 9-0 defeats is unacceptable. Tbh, I'd be less surprised if he opted to walk away.

52 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

It's not a good look, is it.

I bet he was lining himself to replace Jose at Spurs over the next 18 months as well.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Ì think Palace playing without Zaha for 3/4 games may do them the world of good. I think he can be a bit petulant at times.

He certainly is. A lot of Palace supporters commenting on this in recent games. Unfortunately, our record without him is absolutely abysmal.

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I wish I could agree with you on the playing without Zaha.

On his day he is unplayable.The sort of player any team would miss.

Hard to like though.

Liverpool huff and puff to no avail and still 0-0 against Brighton late in the first half............seen this before recently at home

Everton 2-1 up at Leeds

Aston Villa and West Ham 0-0

Liverpool were always going to lose the consistency they have shown before in the previous two seasons. Impossible to

keep that going forever. 

Losing Van Dyke has had not helped

Another good win for West Ham.

Am I right in thinking Moyes was asked about the Hearts job before Stendel was appointed and he said he felt he had something still to offer in the EPL? I’m sure there was a lot of scoffing on here at the time but it looks like he was right. 

7 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Back to back home league defeats for the first time since September 2012

worse than that, the first time since 1984 that they have went three games in a row without scoring at anfield

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

worse than that, the first time since 1984 that they have went three games in a row without scoring at anfield

Not exactly the greatest opposition either

Burnley and Brighton two of them

Edited by Maroon Sailor

5 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

Am I right in thinking Moyes was asked about the Hearts job before Stendel was appointed and he said he felt he had something still to offer in the EPL? I’m sure there was a lot of scoffing on here at the time but it looks like he was right. 

Was he not asked about the job at one of the arsecheeks? Celtic, I think.

5 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

I remember he was quoted big upping the OF too.   You could say he was scoffing hearts, and the rest.   

5 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Klopp should be sacked surely?

Eye bleeding football and injuries to key players is no excuse.

No goals scored is an issue.   The goal conceded was that temp center back shocking attempt at trying to stop it.   Not a premier center back.   He will be replaced by one of the new signings, I think.    If not,  yeah, Klopp could be held accountable.   Still, the offence is lacklustre.   Or just not consistent enough.   Not scoring at home is pathetic.   

Edited by HMFC01

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

No goals scored is an issue.   The goal conceded was that temp center back shocking attempt at trying to stop it.   Not a premier center back.   He will be replaced by one of the new signings, I think.    If not,  yeah, Klopp could be held accountable.   Still, the offence is lacklustre.   Or just not consistent enough.   Not scoring at home is pathetic.   

Klopp is coming across like an absolute weapon these days.. liked him a lot but he’s turned into a right moan.

think he will be away at the end of the season. Working his ticket

1 hour ago, skinnybob72 said:

Must admit I wasn’t fussed when he came back or with his “cheap” signings. 
Once again shows I know nothing

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

5 away wins tonight in England...no draws or home victories

Its why I’ve not bothered having a bet the last 4 months. Apart from Sevco it’s all a lottery

Edited by 1971fozzy

1 hour ago, Bull's-eye said:

Klopp should be sacked surely?

Eye bleeding football and injuries to key players is no excuse.

he is England’s Lennon this season.  

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

1984? A time when they were utterly dominant in Europe too. That will be missed by many and people will pull the line it shouldn’t happen to Liverpool lol

10 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Missing the boy Jota as much as Van Dijk. 

i think thiago might be the problem. while an excellent player i dont think from the small bits ive seen of him at liverpool fits their style. liverpool are a more high press and attack with pace team, thiago is more a play between the lines clever passing player. probably more suited to man city than liverpool, not surprising since he came through the barcelona academy. He might adapt to the liverpool style and be perfect next year or maybe liverpool will change but i think he is  big part of their current problems

Anyone saying Klopp should get his jotters after him winning the champions league and league title need a reality check. The EPL will most likely see Man City/Liverpool/Chelsea and possibly Man U share titles over the next decade. The amount of Money down there make the league incredibly competitive with middle of the road teams now able to take points off the big guns due to being able to sign top players. The difference will be who ever can be the most consistent. Liverpool last year, City this year. No team will dominate for a while IMO

Moyes has done very well indeed. MOTD said that West Ham now have their highest points tally after this number of games in the PL. Well done to him. I'm sure many West Ham fans really didn't like him when he took over but he has turned it around and quickly.

As for Klopp, it is an odd season. I think he will be there (presuming he wants to be) and next season with fans back (let's hope) there will be more excitement. The Board would be insane to sack him as this season is just odd. Next season will be much better all-round for players etc.

Man City are on an amazing run - 13 wins in a row in all comps, 9 in the PL. Will they see a blip?