English Premier League.

maroonlegions

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Battered it in from a yard out. 

Giruy, plumber!

Screenshot_20210110-173639_Twitter.jpg

That’s what I like to see. None of this humble nonsense, batter them soft. 

• Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• Maroon Sailor

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Vinicius didnt fancy the match ball afterall

Some local kid would have been sprinting out his house into the street to snaffle the ball. 

Just now, Tazio said:

Some local kid would have been sprinting out his house into the street to snaffle the ball. 

Who could blame them. I would and I'm nearly 58 now😉

Салатные палочки

This game reminds me the PS2 game This is Football where you could start out in non league and played at wee grounds with houses like that behind them.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

I'll allow the 16yr old child a modicum of happiness, for scoring his 1st senior goal.

The rest...nope.

I’d expect to carry this grinch like behaviour to extend to Hearts players in our next cup game? 

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

I'm nothing if not consistent in this train of thought, Taz, my dear fellow.

I look forward to it. 
Incidentally the young lad is Spurs youngest ever goal scorer. 

Phenomenal gesture by Spurs fans.  Buying 20k virtual tickets to help raise funds for Marine who are in shutdown at the moment.  

30 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Phenomenal gesture by Spurs fans.  Buying 20k virtual tickets to help raise funds for Marine who are in shutdown at the moment.  

Final figure is 30k at a tenner a pop. That will help them hugely with no football being paid, and is a hell of a lot more than they would have got if there had been a crowd as the ground only holds 3k. And they would have got a BBC payment as well. A good day all round for them. 

🤣 Brighton score last min and look like they win the tie...but Newport have snatched an equaliser. Extra-time.

That pitch though. 😁

10 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

🤣 Brighton score last min and look like they win the tie...but Newport have snatched an equaliser. Extra-time.

That pitch though. 😁

Proper FA cup pitch. Not helped by also being used for rugby. I was loving the pitch at Marine earlier. Slopes down some towards the corners and slopes up at other corners. We’ve all played in worse but some of the foreign imports in these type of games must be wondering WTF? 

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

The Dragons were on it the night before against the Ospreys.

The groundsman must've been like: "You ****ing what?! You've left me THIS?"

:lol:

Actually...I'm not watching it. Are they at the Newport Athletic Stadium instead of Rodney Parade?

I think it's their own ground...infact, they've just mentioned the Rodney Parade. 

Initial thought was they must share it with the rugby. Shocker 😁

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Brighton keeper did very well. Not the hardest hit penalties I’ve ever seen though. 

The other Brighton players tried their best to throw it away. 😁

Spurs - Villa on Wednesday cancelled. So Spurs are going to play the cancelled match against Fulham in the same match slot. 
It must be refreshing to have a governing body that thinks sensibly like that. 

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Spurs - Villa on Wednesday cancelled. So Spurs are going to play the cancelled match against Fulham in the same match slot. 

Spurs players gutted at last minute cancellation of their trip to Dubai ...

William H. Bonney
8 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Manchester United drawn against Liverpool in the 4th round draw

They’ll play each other back to back games. League game this Sunday. 

Sunday 17th January

PREMIER LEAGUE

• Liverpool16:30Manchester United

Thursday 21st January

PREMIER LEAGUE

• Liverpool20:00Burnley

FA Cup 4th round

Manchester United v Liverpool...likely to be Sunday 24th

Thursday 28th January

PREMIER LEAGUE

• Tottenham Hotspur20:00Liverpool

Sunday 31st January

PREMIER LEAGUE

• West Ham United16:30Liverpool

On 11/01/2021 at 13:11, Tazio said:

Fulham not happy about it at all, planning for 6 days recovery after playing QPR to then get less than 2 days notice of playing Spurs. Only informed at 9.30 on Monday morning.

4 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Fulham not happy about it at all, planning for 6 days recovery after playing QPR to then get less than 2 days notice of playing Spurs. Only informed at 9.30 on Monday morning.

The counter argument is that the original game was called off 2hrs before Kick Off

22 minutes ago, Ribble said:

The argument would carry more weight if Spurs hadn’t played at 5pm on Sunday. And in the north west as opposed to Fulham having played on the Saturday in London. 

22 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

The counter argument is that the original game was called off 2hrs before Kick Off

Don't buy that one i'm afraid, games in the winter get called off with a few hours notice all the time, it's inconvenient but it doesn't restrict a teams ability to plan and prepare. Announcing a wednesday fixture at 9.30 on monday morning when teams may already have started training effectively gives the manager only the tuesday session to work on team shape etc, not to mention that at that level the weeks training sessions and rest days etc would have been planned for playing at the weekend so prepaerations for 2 games are now impacted.

20 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The argument would carry more weight if Spurs hadn’t played at 5pm on Sunday. And in the north west as opposed to Fulham having played on the Saturday in London. 

It would carry more weight if London wasn't collapsing under the weight of Covid with hundreds dying every day. Parker is a self entitled West Ham cant. 

Handball!? Maguire again.   No handball, it came off the man utd fullbacks chest.   Wan bissaka. 

Burnley giving it their all for an equaliser.    Nearly, should've scored. 

Edited by HMFC01

Bazzas right boot

Bbc reporting "Lingard in Nice move."

Terrible reporting, that's good for him but to where and which ****ing club... 

:qqb006:

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bbc reporting "Lingard in Nice move."

Terrible reporting, that's good for him but to where and which ****ing club... 

:qqb006:

:notsure:

Seymour M Hersh

With all the chat down south about goal celebrations and how they should be curtailed I thought I'd try to lighten the mood here on JKB (Ian Maxwell letter) with a funny from Matt in the Telegraph.

fullsizeoutput_939.jpeg

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

I don't know if Sheffield United, West Brom and Fulham can get themselves enough points. But Newcastle are in trouble. Probably 3 from these and Burnley.

Brighton look good enough. 

Maroon Sailor
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I don't know if Sheffield United, West Brom and Fulham can get themselves enough points. But Newcastle are in trouble. Probably 3 from these and Burnley.

Brighton look good enough. 

Newcastle would be alright if they didn't have a manager who'd rather be in Greggs or a Kebab shop rather than on the training ground.

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Amazing goal from Ndombele for Spurs. Never seen anything similar. 

I scored a goal like that for the cubs at Meggetland !

31 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Amazing goal from Ndombele for Spurs. Never seen anything similar. 

Checkout videos on YouTube of Pele.

7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Checkout videos on YouTube of Pele.

Pele isn’t always the answer. I’ve seen plenty of his goals but don’t recall one like that. Ndombele took it with the “wrong” foot which is what makes it special. 

Just watched the Sheffield United-Spurs game. Enjoyed that. Expect the Liverpool-Man Utd game to be hyped up but be crap. Hope I'm wrong

Samuel Camazzola
22 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

That Liverpool backline is inviting a ravaging today but the way current systems are played, they may get away lightly. Still fancy Man Utd by the odd goal. 

If Van Nistelrooy, Rooney, Yorke, Cole etc got to face Henderson, they'd have a field day!