English Premier League.

maroonlegions

Prem league is very poor league these days from a natural point of view, not sure whats the cause - could be any of these: teams petrified of losing games as managers sacked so quickly/fear of dropping out the league and losing all their money.

Zero genuine rivalry, doesn't appear to be any aggression or passion from players, every game is so subdued, players look dead behind eyes from their 250k a week wages.

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

I don’t know any such thing and neither do you.  And there’s no deflection at all, I’m just highlighting the fact that none of us know what’s going to happen.

On previous form do you see Sturgeon's lapdogs jumping to relax restrictions?

Swinney is already laying the ground for a continuation. 

1 minute ago, Jambo92 said:

Prem league is very poor league these days from a natural point of view, not sure whats the cause - could be any of these: teams petrified of losing games as managers sacked so quickly/fear of dropping out the league and losing all their money.

Zero genuine rivalry, doesn't appear to be any aggression or passion from players, every game is so subdued, players look dead behind eyes from their 250k a week wages.

Chelsea v Brighton was pretty exciting. 

Try watching Scottish football. 

6 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Two of them were postponed due to waterlogged pitches.  Your point is? 

Continuation is not true! And some people struggle to see the obvious!

Back to thread … full EPL programme this evening!

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

On previous form do you see Sturgeon's lapdogs jumping to relax restrictions?

Swinney is already laying the ground for a continuation. 

I’ve no idea, presumably she’ll act on advice from the scientists.  We’ve still got 19 days until our Premiership resumes, Omicron is spreading like wildfire and a lot can happen in 19 days.  I’d be very surprised if games get stopped, just a question of how many fans are allowed. 

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’ve no idea, presumably she’ll act on advice from the scientists.  We’ve still got 19 days until our Premiership resumes, Omicron is spreading like wildfire and a lot can happen in 19 days.  I’d be very surprised if games get stopped, just a question of how many fans are allowed. 

The Premier League already has …

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Continuation is not true! And some people struggle to see the obvious!

Back to thread … full EPL programme this evening!

What do you mean continuation is not true?

Meanwhile, 30 games scheduled for the 4 leagues in England tonight and 19 postponed due to Covid!  NINETEEN!

Back to thread - there wasn’t a full EPL at all tonight, there were only 2 games!  However, 2 EPL games postponed due to Covid yesterday , another 3 on Sunday past plus the Everton v Newcastle game tomorrow.  They seem to be having huge problems getting games played in England at the moment, you’re surely not denying that?

Fozzyonthefence
11 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

It was crap. 

Chelsea looked a bit of a shambles at times in the 2nd half, didn’t look like title contenders at all. And they soon won’t be.

8 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

What do you mean continuation is not true?

Meanwhile, 30 games scheduled for the 4 leagues in England tonight and 19 postponed due to Covid!  NINETEEN!

Back to thread - there wasn’t a full EPL at all tonight, there were only 2 games!  However, 2 EPL games postponed due to Covid yesterday , another 3 on Sunday past plus the Everton v Newcastle game tomorrow.  They seem to be having huge problems getting games played in England at the moment, you’re surely not denying that?

The fans are loving those that are played …. turning up in huge numbers, real football …

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Stopped …. all games postponed!

Ah the Scottish Premiership, thought you were talking about the English Premier League.  I was talking about all the Scottish leagues - they’re carrying on except the Premiership which is having a winter break as planned (well almost as planned, it was brought forward a few days).  But you know that. 

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

The fans are loving those that are played …. turning up in huge numbers, real football …

Pity most of them are called off though. 

And did you see the crowd at the Brighton game the other day?  It was like Easter Road!

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

7 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Pity most of them are called off though. 

And did you see the crowd at the Brighton game the other day?  It was like Easter Road!

Yep it was 30,141 ….

… whilst the Amex is a great stadium (one of the best in Britain) it’s only accessible (for the majority) by public transport … a Sunday … 26/12 … understandable why some were not able to make it .. [well done Brentford for busing their fans there]

👋 💤 

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Yep it was 30,141 ….

… whilst the Amex is a great stadium (one of the best in Britain) it’s only accessible (for the majority) by public transport … a Sunday … 26/12 … understandable why some were not able to make it .. [well done Brentford for busing their fans there]

👋 💤 

I was talking about the attendance not tickets sold.  It was nothing like 30k, that’s the capacity, there were literally thousands of empty seats.  I didn’t know Brentford had put on buses though, good on them.  I was wondering how their end was full. 

9 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Some headlines from Chelsea's accounts

On paper they look in the same situation as Barca, except they owe the money to the guy who owns them.

6 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Spurs have been given permission for safe standing areas from January the 1st. I’d expect lots of other clubs have put submissions in as well. 

City have it in now.I was in the section for one game.

Prefer sitting myself but  good for fans that like to stand.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-safe-standing-etihad-21371514.amp

Arsenal look really good lately. They are dominating Man City at the moment. Lacasazette  looks a really great player. 

Full house as well. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Xhaka isn't very clever. Soft perhaps but very avoidable. 

Soft but pulling a shirt is a yellow card and therefore it’s a penalty too.

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Soft but pulling a shirt is a yellow card and therefore it’s a penalty too.

Yeah.

VAR told ref it was a penalty and ref agreed. Without the unnecessary shirt pull doubt it would have been given.

City have done nothing to get back into game as well. 

1 minute ago, Cade said:

Arsenal have 100% hibsed this game

Their players have completely lost their heads.  Why they didn't just play on after the pen, I'll never know as City weren't in the game until the red.

Arsenal: Stupid penalty to give away. Sitter missed. Two needless bookings leading to a sending off. 
Can they hold on for a draw? 

HartleyLegend3

Absolutely hate VAR.. 

I do not want it in Scottish football. 

VAR is only used at the refereeing teams discretion. 99% of possible fouls are ignored and 1% that are picked up, change games. 

It's a farce. 

4 minutes ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

Absolutely hate VAR.. 

VAR is only used at the refereeing teams discretion. 99% of possible fouls are ignored and 1% that are picked up, change games. 

It's a farce. 

Correct

This clear and obvious error is a load of bollocks.

Penalty for Arsenal in 1st half not given

Penalty for MC in 2nd half  given.

What was the difference?

5 minutes ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

Absolutely hate VAR.. 

It's a farce. 

Or Xhaka doesn't grab the City player's shirt.

8 minutes ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

Absolutely hate VAR.. 

It's a farce. 

What VAR would do is level up the inconsistencies and cheating the Weegie Uglies get away with week in week out. That of course is if the adjudicators are impartial and are not infected by biased too. 

Edited by Boy Daniel

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Or Xhaka doesn't grab the City player's shirt.

How many shirt pulls in the box go unpunished in a game?

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

The City wank went down faster than a Leith rent boy in the cludgie at Easter Road.

Accurately summed up as usual Jonno

3 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

What VAR would do is level up the inconsistencies and cheating the Weegie Uglies get away with week in week out. That of course is if the adjudicators are impartial and is not infected by biased too. 

So suddenly the refs who are biased week in week out, are going to find their impartial outfits when VAR arrives?😂

This offside law that is in vogue just now is just plain stupid. That Saka offside run was mikes off side before the whistle actually blew. 

2 minutes ago, merrymac said:

So suddenly the refs who are biased week in week out, are going to find their impartial outfits when VAR arrives?😂

Highly Unlikely 

Arsenal are a work in progress. Just a blip today and they hopefully learn a lot. 

One of Liverpool or Chelsea need to win every game now. 

9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

That was some miss by Martinelli.

VAR didn't do that or persuade Xhaka and Gabriel to be pricks. 

No but VAR basically decided the outcome

Unknown user
35 minutes ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

Absolutely hate VAR.. 

It's a farce. 

Me too, been against it from day one. It'll cost a small fortune to still be raging at the end of a game

John Findlay

All this game has proved to me is that VAR officials get it incorrect. Was a penalty for Arsenal in the first half. Not given. Penalty for Man City second half given. VAR should be scrapped forthwith as it is not being used in the manner it was brought in for.

It's use in the EPL has been a farce since its inception.

Any time in the last 5 years or so, Citeh would have smashed Arsenal.

Today, Arsenal are seething at dominating the game but losing.

Progress, of sorts. 

Mind that Arsenal had their worst ever start to a Premier league season but are somehow up in 4th.

29 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

All this game has proved to me is that VAR officials get it incorrect. Was a penalty for Arsenal in the first half. Not given. Penalty for Man City second half given. VAR should be scrapped forthwith as it is not being used in the manner it was brought in for.

It's use in the EPL has been a farce since its inception.

Exactly this clear and obvious error is a lot of pish it’s either a penalty or not