English Premier League.

maroonlegions

Malinga the Swinga

I see Liverpool have requested Thursday nights game v Arsenal be postponed.

Oh, wait a minute, they would be without Salah and Mane. How convenient that they now want game off.

They could play youngsters but as it's a semi final, they have come up with plea for postponement.

Clubs just taking pish now.

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Oh, wait a minute, they would be without Salah and Mane. How convenient that they now want game off.

They could play youngsters but as it's a semi final, they have come up with plea for postponement.

Covid call-offs seems just a new version of the old "appeal a red card so the player can play in the next game" loophole.

48 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

From the BBC report they are missing 3 players to covid and 3 to the AFCON. So 6 players from a first team squad of 28 that is pretty much all internationals of varying standards of national team. That leaves more than enough players left for a match day squad. Reminds of the Crystal Palace - Spurs game that Palace tried to get cancelled and then played a team that was 10 of the 11 that played in the previous match. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I hope they get told to ram it.  Klopp really is a moaning git, should be Celtic manager, he’s got all the right victim like credentials for the job.  Although you could say the same about Rangers these days too.

Jeffros Furios
1 hour ago, benny said:

Chuck them out.Problem solved.

Bunch of thieving *******s anyway .

Maroon Sailor

I assume their fringe players have got Covid or injuries.

Klopp normally plays them in this competition

The Old Tolbooth
On 03/01/2022 at 19:45, iantjambo said:

It’s going to be a long time before Utd are challenging again.

Excellent :D 

14 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Worked for Newcastle until they could spend some of their war chest :whistling:

Clubs are seriously ripping the pish now though. 

14 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

They have said pepijn lijnders has now tested positive along with some more suspected cases in the squad. However wasn't it a couple of seasons ago they got their u18s or at least a youth team coach to manage the team in a cup competition v Shrewsbury

Malinga the Swinga
15 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

They have said pepijn lijnders has now tested positive along with some more suspected cases in the squad. However wasn't it a couple of seasons ago they got their u18s or at least a youth team coach to manage the team in a cup competition v Shrewsbury

Yep, they eventually got pumped by Villa as main squad out playing in world club championship so they had to play youngsters in cup competition.

The rules state that postponed game must be played before next time. As the second leg is next week, that means game should be played within week or else, as happened earlier in competition with Spurs being awarded tie, Liverpool forfeit game.

The Real Maroonblood
13 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I hope they get told to ram it.  Klopp really is a moaning git, should be Celtic manager, he’s got all the right victim like credentials for the job.  Although you could say the same about Rangers these days too.

He reminds a lot of Mourinho, Ferguson and Wegner.

Remember when Villa had to play a team of 11 players made up of under 21’s and under 18’s? Including players having to get their parents to drive them to the ground as they weren’t old enough to drive themselves? Who was that against again? 

Malinga the Swinga
4 hours ago, Tazio said:

Remember when Villa had to play a team of 11 players made up of under 21’s and under 18’s? Including players having to get their parents to drive them to the ground as they weren’t old enough to drive themselves? Who was that against again? 

Careful, you'll be upsetting the Scouse plastics, and that just won't do. The English Celtic, from their songs to their perpetual victim mentality.

what i would like to see is the comparison of the number of players liverpool have available and the number chelsea had when their request was denied

13 minutes ago, Boris said:

Good start from Chelsea.

Yeah. Thanks for that Japhet. Love that he’s a local lad and a Spurs supporter but he’s never going to be a first pick. 

11 minutes ago, the general said:

Atmosphere is good

Makes a difference when more away fans

Spurs get the whole shed end as it's a cup game. Fair enough.

Liking the standing sections.

11 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Yeah. Thanks for that Japhet. Love that he’s a local lad and a Spurs supporter but he’s never going to be a first pick. 

Aye, sold the jerseys a bit.

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Lukaku brace, 3-1 Chelsea!

I'll need to revise that up to 5-1 at this rate...and that's being kind to Spurs.

Fxxx the SPFL
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'll need to revise that up to 5-1 at this rate...and that's being kind to Spurs.

Lukaku hardly seeing much of the ball oops just headed wide 

5 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Spurs are a fecking shambles

2-0

North London final looking a long way off now

The sooner Romero gets fit the better. The lack of a footballing centre half is glaring. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

The sooner Romero gets fit the better. The lack of a footballing centre half is glaring. 

Or any centre half.

The second was an absolute shitshow.

6 minutes ago, Tazio said:

4 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Or any centre half.

The second was an absolute shitshow.

When the signed Sanchez I thought he'd be an excellent player for them but it hasn't really happened for him.

Just now, Taffin said:

When the signed Sanchez I thought he'd be an excellent player for them but it hasn't really happened for him.

He’s one of those players you get the feeling needs to be next to a thinking centre half. All the attributes but not a leader of men. 

Just now, Boris said:

Panic bid for Souttar?

£5m + Tanganga should be enough. The EPL is a bit much for the lad but he’d stroll the SPFL. 

7 hours ago, benny said:

The fa cup game should be off as well then.

Different rules and different organisation in game cup so they will probably have to play it. FA Cup rules allow all signed players not just those registered for EPL/EFL. Includes u19 squad for instance. 

1 minute ago, jbee647 said:

Emerson Royale #12 for Spurs, a total imposter, a complete non trier, not interested at all in making any effort.

I've got to say Moura aside most of the Spurs team have looked like that when I've seen them the last 18 months or so.

Even Son looks a passenger these days imo.

Maroon Sailor
55 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Harry Kane a busted flush, or just needs a move?

Think he is making Levy regret not punting him after the Euros.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Cade said:

Tottenham Hotspur trophy cabinet remains in mint condition.

D8ARrrkXYAEmjhv.jpg

Hahahahaha I hear they didn’t build a trophy room at the new stadium, London Hibs caaaannntttsss.