English Premier League.

maroonlegions

John Findlay

Stunning goal from Kovacic.

Both defences posted missing alot.

Full backs nowadays haven't a scooby how to defend. All fine and well to be able to overlap, but to me if you are a defender then your primary purpose is to defend.

It will be a case of which defence makes the least mistakes in the second half.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Malinga the Swinga
8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Could be a big day for Tuchel.

If not already, establishing himself as the main man at Chelsea. Which is not an easy thing to do. 

He'd best watch out. If he fails to win anything this season, could easily be punted. Chelsea have previous for doing it.

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

He'd best watch out. If he fails to win anything this season, could easily be punted. Chelsea have previous for doing it.

Yeah.

Sometimes they are patient. 

Certainly not boring. 

Boyces beard
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Shite defending does make for entertaining matches. Chelsea's first was good, but others were results of pish defending.

If Souttar or Halkett defended like Chelsea guy did at first goal, we would have gone mental. Second one Chelsea watched Salah run through and Liverpool's defending at equaliser was just as bad. 

Its two teams set up to have a go that makes it entertaining, so much space available as a result which gives you end to end action. I wish all games where played so open with the emphasis on attack, its a great watch for the neutral.

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Full backs nowadays haven't a scooby how to defend. All fine and well to be able to overlap, but to me if you are a defender then your primary purpose is to defend.

Your showing your age. Fancy thinking defenders are there to defend. 

Doubt there are many full backs/wing backs who have a clue how to mark someone or cover for their centrebacks these days.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Boyces beard said:

Its two teams set up to have a go that makes it entertaining, so much space available as a result which gives you end to end action. I wish all games where played so open with the emphasis on attack, its a great watch for the neutral.

For a neutral, maybe. I doubt I'd enjoy watching Hearts defend like that though, blood pressure would go through roof.

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Sky not enough time to analyse the game's incidents because of 12 minutes of adverts. 

They take the utter piss with adverts, I turn it off until it restarts. 

Boyces beard
Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

For a neutral, maybe. I doubt I'd enjoy watching Hearts defend like that though, blood pressure would go through roof.

Aye your not wrong there, gimme a 1-0 win for the Famous and a shit game any day of the week.

3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Doubt there are many full backs/wing backs who have a clue how to mark someone or cover for their centrebacks these days.

Conte spoke about it yesterday in an interview for Spurs. Saying that he is still trying to get across that a modern full back has to be a forward or winger when they have the ball and a defender as soon as they don’t. Sounds simple when it’s put like that but some players seem to struggle with the concept. 

10 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

TAA would make a great wing back, but I think he's overrated as a full back. Wonderful when Liverpool dominate but he's a weakness to exploit for similar level teams.

I'm I don't know enough about Tsimikas as to whether this is an off day or not.

What a save by Mendy from Salah there.   Two handed  finger tips. 

Now the Liverpool keeper does a great save. Point blank.   Unbelievable stuff. 

Edited by HMFC01

8 minutes ago, benny said:

Another brilliant result for City.

Two in two days.

Good New Year for Spurs and West Ham as well.

That was a cracking game and as you say a good result. 

2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Refs and their VAR assistants show absolutely no consistency. This allowing offences because it is early in game is nonsense. If it's a red card incident, it's a red card regardless of it happening 6 seconds after start of game or any other time. 

Ref happy to book Pulisic for winning ball in tackle though.

Surely a straight red no argument

John Findlay
2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

They should do. Our own Robbie Neilson was very good at Covering for Elvis at centre back when Elvis was caught out. Which was quite often.

7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

They should do. Our own Robbie Neilson was very good at Covering for Elvis at centre back when Elvis was caught out. Which was quite often.

As far as RB/CB pairings go, Neilson and Pressley was up there. ****ing fantastic. 

Shame Neilson never got more of a look in at international level. I know latterly Hutton and Whittaker had the RB slot locked down, but who before then?

The Neilson thread is a good reminder of just how solid he was for us. I think he was about the only one to survive the 'Romanov Revolution' from Levein/Robbos team in 04/05. When you consider guys like Fysass, Tall, Karipidis etc. were brought in, thats quite a feat. 

(meaning that by the time he left, I think he was the only one that had played in Leveins team in 04). 

Edited by OTT

54 minutes ago, OTT said:

As far as RB/CB pairings go, Neilson and Pressley was up there. ****ing fantastic. 

Shame Neilson never got more of a look in at international level. I know latterly Hutton and Whittaker had the RB slot locked down, but who before then?

The Neilson thread is a good reminder of just how solid he was for us. I think he was about the only one to survive the 'Romanov Revolution' from Levein/Robbos team in 04/05. When you consider guys like Fysass, Tall, Karipidis etc. were brought in, thats quite a feat. 

(meaning that by the time he left, I think he was the only one that had played in Leveins team in 04). 

i think it might have been graham alexander as our first choice RB at that time

21 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Aubameyang to Newcastle on loan with an option to buy for £20M at the end.  Rumours this is the reason behind his recent disciplinary action and captaincy stripping. 

I would also bet that Lukaku is making stupid noises as he’s been tapped up for a Newcastle move in January.

2 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I would also bet that Lukaku is making stupid noises as he’s been tapped up for a Newcastle move in January.

Seriously!

Maroon Sailor
8 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

Seriously!

I think the only person not being linked with Newcastle is Lord Lucan

6 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I think the only person not being linked with Newcastle is Lord Lucan

😀

Seymour M Hersh
29 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Gnando heading down for talks - I’ve taken that too far.

Has he got his Lucazade bottle with him? Just in case he's caught short.

3 hours ago, OTT said:

Neilson never got an international lookin because he was average at best.

Solid enough for us, but he took two touches to control a ball before moving it on .

Genuinely not having a go, but imo he was a weak link. Cup final irony aside.

41 minutes ago, Boris said:

Neilson never got an international lookin because he was average at best.

Solid enough for us, but he took two touches to control a ball before moving it on .

Genuinely not having a go, but imo he was a weak link. Cup final irony aside.

He was a week link until we tried to replace him with Barassa and the player who's name I have forgotten in that game at Tannadice.

Good solid right back,not the greatest but a solid performer most seasons.

23 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

All Wolves so far. De Gea with a couple of good saves.

Phil Jones with his first game in over 700 days

Definitely a little rusty. :lol: 

After watch Chelsea and Liverpool going at it yesterday how shoite is the ManU game and ManU themselves... they are a bit like Hearts at the moment tip tap tip tap tip tap and that only involved  three players 🤣

Edited by jock _turd

22 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

After watch Chelsea and Liverpool going at it yesterday how shoite is the ManU game and ManU themselves... they are a bit like Hearts at the moment tip tap tip tap tip tap and that only involved  three players 🤣

Utd have been rotten. 

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

All Wolves so far. De Gea with a couple of good saves.

Phil Jones with his first game in over 700 days

When I saw him in the starting lineup I knew they'd lose and he'd be the one to gift them a goal.   Header back into the middle from him and wolves score 🤣 

1-1 at best but losing is worse :scared:

I had them to win 2-0 :facepalm:

Man United need to look back in order to move forward. They need to ask themselves why they sacked David Moyes, because from that dreadful decision they have gone from bad to worse and followed the same trend with every manager since.

If they want to do something different, have the balls to go and bring the man back.

9 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

It’s going to be a long time before Utd are challenging again.

Honestly they looked clueless and I really do not think their new man has taken them much further forward. Lot of empty ManU shirts out there tonight in my opinion.

1 minute ago, VALDOS' said:

Man United need to look back in order to move forward. They need to ask themselves why they sacked David Moyes, because from that dreadful decision they have gone from bad to worse and followed the same trend with every manager since.

If they want to do something different, have the balls to go and bring the man back.

Think you could be right there but it is just all water under the bridge.

1 minute ago, VALDOS' said:

yep, i believe if they had stuck with moyes for 3 seasons simliar to what OGS got they would be in a much better place and would br challenging for titles (i reckon both man city would still be above them)

John Findlay

Man Utd, quite simply are not a TEAM.

A collective of talented individuals, but not a talented TEAM. Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, West Ham, and at the moment to a lesser extent Arsenal and Tottenham are talented TEAMS.

Wolves were by far the better TEAM tonight. Man United have forgotten its a TEAM game. You can have as many talented individuals as you like, but that doesn't always equate to a talented TEAM.

Samuel Camazzola

Neves is a class act and would slot into any top side's midfield. 

Semedo was very impressive too. 

Sancho needs to offer more and Rashford is nowhere near fit enough to be featuring. Has looked lost since his return. 

55 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Neves is a class act and would slot into any top side's midfield. 

Semedo was very impressive too. 

Sancho needs to offer more and Rashford is nowhere near fit enough to be featuring. Has looked lost since his return. 

Rashford earns more medals outside of football now.

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If you spend £90m on Maguire you deserve to be shite. 

:biggrin: