No self respect / backbone

Selkirkhmfc1874

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

To put this in perspective, Dundee Utd dealt with us over Neilson (and the coaches) while we were suing them (or weren't but they chose to make it that way). Supporters have their beefs, clubs have to act professionally.

Alienating a percentage of your fan base isn't acting professionally. Are we more or less likely to put that little bit extra finance into the club, if we are pissed off with the actions of the board ? Bottom line is that Ann Budge wants to squeeze every last possible pound out of us, that's easier to do if we don't feel angry/ passed off by the board. I feel at times Ann Budge really does take our loyalty for granted.

Edited by Paul Shark

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

4 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Whilst I agree with the sentiment of most fans here I find fuelling this faux rivalry between us and St Mirren the saddest thing about all this.

They've been trying so hard  to be relevant to us and the fact many on here are now being plastered all across the evening news and rival fans forums is giving them everything they want.

The day I become bothered with the likes of St Mirren is the day I give up with football. 

My personal view is I have no rivalry with st mirren , just a very healthy hatred of them . 

Just when we’re heading in the same direction as a club along comes something that puts us at  loggerheads amongst ourselves it certainly is a case of 

#only Hearts 🙈🙈🙈

letsalllaughathobos
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

I don't agree with the decision but I doubt Robbie gives two hoots about fans having a go at him. 

After all, it's not as if there's going to be any fans inside Tynecastle for months, in fact I doubt we will see a significant number of fans inside the ground during the forthcoming season.....

Your first sentence is everything that is wrong at hearts since Ann took over, goes yer money and do as your told attitude, 

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

To put this in perspective, Dundee Utd dealt with us over Neilson (and the coaches) while we were suing them (or weren't but they chose to make it that way). Supporters have their beefs, clubs have to act professionally.

How does that fit in with the manner in which last season was brought to an end and how, or why, clubs

voted the ways they did.

5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I don't agree with the decision but I doubt Robbie gives two hoots about fans having a go at him. 

After all, it's not as if there's going to be any fans inside Tynecastle for months, in fact I doubt we will see a significant number of fans inside the ground during the forthcoming season.....

... and he'll have probably fked off to some English 2nd division nonentity again, by then anyway 😀

15 Apr 2020 - St Mirren vote in favour of ending the season early.

9 May 2020 - St Mirren one of the clubs in the Premiership who scuttle reconstruction talks.

12 May 2020 - St Mirren vote against an investigation into the Rangers dossier concerning the SPFL.

20 May 2020 - Tony Fitzpatrick insists there would be no chat about reconstruction had St Mirren or Hamilton been bottom of the league. https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-reconstruction-plans-dealt-huge-22060358

15 Jun 2020 - St Mirren vote against league reconstruction.

Sep 2020 - St Mirren: "We're having real problems, can we borrow your goalkeeper?" Hearts: "Yes, of course."

And folk wonder why we're upset at this.

(all details above are as far as I am aware)

Edited by redjambo

28 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Just sent this to the club:

“It’s probably been brought to your attention but, thought I’d mention it anyway.  The loan of a keeper to St Mirren is not going down very well in the hearts fan base community.  They were one of the clubs that had a kick at us when we were down.  Contrast how galvanised our support has been over the last few months standing by our beloved club then this loan comes along and fans are saying “we’ve done what!!!”.

Can I ask that you communicate this message upwards please”.

Id suggest if you want to send an e mail with a similar statement......or don’t 

They know my thought also.

8 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

How is it a faux rivalry? I have a rivalry with every other team in Scottish football.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but if we see ourselves as their rivals it is in my opinion the mindset of a smaller club.

We've laughed at the likes of Motherwell claiming to have a rivalry with us.

For me the only rivalry we should have is with hibs, the old firm and Aberdeen every other club should be irrelevant.

Doctor FinnBarr
1 minute ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but if we see ourselves as their rivals it is in my opinion the mindset of a smaller club.

We've laughed at the likes of Motherwell claiming to have a rivalry with us.

For me the only rivalry we should have is with hibs, the old firm and Aberdeen every other club should be irrelevant.

Utter nonsense.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Torn here. Yeah, I'm raging that we've helped out St Mirren and helped avoid a bit of a headache for the league. On the flip side though, he's total garbage and showing it today so it's nice to see them hammered, even if it is to Hibs. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Only Hearts lasted until the Hearts supporters poured there money into the club with FOH monthly subs at record levels 2 months in a row , 11.500+ season tickets sold , strips selling well and the restaurants , bar etc doing well apparantly.

The decision to loan zlamal to st lie down is a smack in the face to the Hearts supporters yet again and once again demonstrates the powers that be inside Tynecastle don't give a flowing fcuk about us and only use logos like Only Hearts to suit there agenda which was to avoid alot more criticism after last seasons shambles and to sell season tickets , strips and various other things !! I'm absolutely disgusted that the decision makers within Tynecastle are once again showing total disregard for the very supporters who pump in excess of 150k into the club on a monthly basis and at every stage have backed the football club. SHAME ON THEM

Make no mistake this is on the managers head, a disgraceful decision. 

11 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

My personal view is I have no rivalry with st mirren , just a very healthy hatred of them . 

Just when we’re heading in the same direction as a club along comes something that puts us at  loggerheads amongst ourselves it certainly is a case of 

#only Hearts 🙈🙈🙈

I agree with that tbf. The club should only have taken on the strap line if they agreed and were going to follow a siege mentality mindset.

It shouldn’t be a surprise as the club, since Budge has arrived, have been fairly pragmatic in their approach. 

It’s a shame that it’s caused this wedge already and puts unnecessary pressure on Neilson and the team.

This is a disgrace no way we should be helping teams like them. 

What next Bobby picks up covid in the west comes back and infects our squad. Back to no training SPFL fine is for being stupid (again) in helping teams that hate us.

When will management learn?????

Ainsley Harriott
3 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I am sick to death of Ann Budge and this Hearts board.

One PR and decision making disaster after another.

I long for the day when she leaves my club.

Agree she just doesn't get it

Doctor FinnBarr

😂 you keep on wetting your pants to St Mirren then.

What part of me seeing every other Scottish team as rivals is it your struggling to understand?

I agree with that tbf. The club should only have taken on the strap line if they agreed and were going to follow a siege mentality mindset.

It shouldn’t be a surprise as the club, since Budge has arrived, have been fairly pragmatic in their approach. 

It’s a shame that it’s caused this wedge already and puts unnecessary pressure on Neilson and the team.

Taking aside the the other club that’s involved , the comment made from Hearts/Robbie was “it gives him game time “. I’d get that if it was say 6 or more games but 2 games !!!

I’d be making sure when he comes back that after being checked for the obvious Covid infection ( and others picked up in paisley ) he’s still kept well away from the rest of the squad and trains on his own , which will render his game time useless anyway . 
Bizarre decision 

Toxteth O'Grady
2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

This has nothing to do with Budge.

It has - she appointed the Manager. A guy who also had a PR disaster the last time he was here with his money spinner comment

Just now, CloustonHMFC said:

This place is a riot and our support are a bunch of petty, entitled, petulant children. No better than Rangers or Hibs fans.

Don't get stressed about it. Shrug your shoulders, accept others have opinions. Your comment is petty also.......

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, baddab said:

This is a disgrace no way we should be helping teams like them. 

What next Bobby picks up covid in the west comes back and infects our squad. Back to no training SPFL fine is for being stupid (again) in helping teams that hate us.

When will management learn?????

Absolutely, can’t see any positives at all in this decision. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

This place is a riot and our support are a bunch of petty, entitled, petulant children. No better than Rangers or Hibs fans.

We’re you alive in 1986? Do you think it’s ok that St Mirren as a club have said we deserved to be relegated and even last week still take the piss? Can you give any positive of loaning them Zlamal?

Don't really care that Bobby has gone on loan to St Mirren.

Its business to loan him out.

Not as if we will miss him.

Only way we get back at these other clubs is by sticking together and winning.

Refusing a loan would make us look petty and sad in my opinion .

We are a class above the other lot, don't bring us down to Hibs class 🤮

2 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

At the moment hibs class means they are in the top division and scoring goals whilst we got booted into the championship and are preparing for life with Craig ******* Wighton up front. 

We should be very petty right now because I am still raging about where we find ourselves and how we got there. 

And the club shouldn’t think they are off the hook because we remember how awful we were last season. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

One thing I will say is that we desperately need the season to start. We’ve had next to nothing to be positive or upbeat about for ages. Need the football to get going again 

Thinking about this further - Is it possible the club seen this as a way to get it up Hibs and thought it would keep the fans onside?

St Mirren didn’t have a goalkeeper and were faced with playing Hibs with an outfield player in goal....until we come along and offer to help the team Hibs are playing....

Probably not.

A massive misjudgment either way.

21 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

👍

4 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Thinking about this further - Is it possible the club seen this as a way to get it up Hibs and thought it would keep the fans onside?

St Mirren didn’t have a goalkeeper and were faced with playing Hibs with an outfield player in goal....until we come along and offer to help the team Hibs are playing....

Probably not.

A massive misjudgment either way.

We should have just stayed out of the whole situation. There was no way we could benefit out of this situation. 

the only way we should be doing business with these clubs is if it has a direct benefit to us.

Leveins Battalion

Been out all afternoon after this was announced so had some time for reflection.

My initial reaction was that of disgust.I ask myself why I am disgusted?..Zlamal is pish,I would rather he was gone completely,so why am i so angry?

I am angry because i am sick of our owner and the board at HMFC,i am sick of Ann Budge and her statements.I am sick of them taking our support and the FOH pledgers for mugs.The reaction of our support has been unanimous here,whether it was Robbies decision or not they have made a huge boo boo here.

What do I expect now?Nothing,I expect silence until they are pushing the restaurant,a signing for the womans team or a Big Hearts related post.The football club is 2nd fiddle to Budges ego.Sick to **** of it all!!!

12 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

Indeed, especially given our three keepers were almost certainly the only ones in the Scottish game that could have been loaned to St.Mirren.  Sometimes folks need to understand the situation before losing the plot. 

I honestly don't know what the club are thinking these days. The boards run the club like an absolute shitfest for the last 4/5 years and just when you thought things had changed for the better they prove that they still can't make the right decisions.

It's meant to be fan owned, I'm not saying every decision they make has to be overwhelming popular but ffs do some due diligence, have a think or, a wee Chinese Parliament about it. It was a fantastic opportunity to tell St Liedown to go and take their faces for a shite, instead our jellyfish board bend over and take it up the hoop again. Grow a feckin backbone, ffs. 

4 hours ago, Gambo said:

I'm not fussed about Zlamal, St.Mirren, who they are playing today, i am though bothered that a decision taken by the club today is the polar opposite of 98% of Hearts supporters wishes.

Wait until Hibs or Celtic have a similar problem. We’ll be first in the queue to help them out.

Only Hearts - until the opportunity arises for us to be a doormat. 

best in the land
23 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

How much have hibs and rangers fans donated to their clubs? Hearts fans no better though? Aye ok. 

Budge is as soft as shite and neilson has done himself no favours with this decision. 

Sick of budge showing no respect to the fans and this just takes the piss. 

They're so out of touch with the fans. 

Disgrace of a decision. 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Indeed, especially given our three keepers were almost certainly the only ones in the Scottish game that could have been loaned to St.Mirren.  Sometimes folks need to understand the situation before losing the plot. 

We loaned one of these keepers from Livingston - what am I missing here?

57 minutes ago, redjambo said:

15 Apr 2020 - St Mirren vote in favour of ending the season early.

9 May 2020 - St Mirren one of the clubs in the Premiership who scuttle reconstruction talks.

12 May 2020 - St Mirren vote against an investigation into the Rangers dossier concerning the SPFL.

20 May 2020 - Tony Fitzpatrick insists there would be no chat about reconstruction had St Mirren or Hamilton been bottom of the league. https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-reconstruction-plans-dealt-huge-22060358

15 Jun 2020 - St Mirren vote against league reconstruction.

Sep 2020 - St Mirren: "We're having real problems, can we borrow your goalkeeper?" Hearts: "Yes, of course."

And folk wonder why we're upset at this.

(all details above are as far as I am aware)

I might add to this in May of 86 St. Mirren roll over to give celtic a title over Hearts! That is the worst part of this, I never forget!

5 minutes ago, leginten said:

Wait until Hibs or Celtic have a similar problem. We’ll be first in the queue to help them out.

Only Hearts - until the opportunity arises for us to be a doormat. 

Don’t think so. 

4 minutes ago, iainmac said:

We loaned one of these keepers from Livingston - what am I missing here?

So the loan keeper from Livi can’t be re-loaned. Gordon is injured. Stone is going for an op. Bobby is our only other keeper. We are the only team outside the top league that currently has a game-certified testing programme in place. Bobby was the only keeper in Scotland that St.Mirren could play.  Doubt if many English clubs would hand over a keeper on day 1 of their seasons. 

A massive own goal by the club over this. Although it could be viewed as petty, you would only take that view if you were not a die hard suppporter. The fact that no one in Management appears to think there is anything wrong, shows contempt for its supporters. The very fact for the first time in our history we have been expelled by the majority of other Football teams, should mean No Mercy when it comes to all our dealings with them.

It is a great pity Ann Budge's financial running of our club, is not matched by her passion for the team. Most of us have great passion which in turn amplifies any slight against Hearts, into all out retaliation!!

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

So the loan keeper from Livi can’t be re-loaned. Gordon is injured. Stone is going for an op. Bobby is our only other keeper. We are the only team outside the top league that currently has a game-certified testing programme in place. Bobby was the only keeper in Scotland that St.Mirren could play.  Doubt if many English clubs would hand over a keeper on day 1 of their seasons. 

Why couldn't have St Mirren went to a Premiership club?

Genuinely gutted that we loaned him to them. Don’t understand the logic at all given how we feel about that club in particular. A spectacular own goal by the powers that be and I’m raging.  Whatever next ? Loaning players to Ross County and Ayr Utd ? 
just fek off . A kick in the teeth