No self respect / backbone

Selkirkhmfc1874

Leveins Battalion
6 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

You really can't gauge anything based on 1000odd comments. Social media only shows a very small snapshot of opinion, especially for a football team of our size, and typically its always going to be the ones unhappy who are the loudest even if they're in the minority. For every 1000 unhappy comments there could 2000 people who didn't comment because they don't particularly care we loaned out Bobby.

This is the same platforms that have been used to punt the Only Hearts slogan and push ST sales,club shop,restaurant,FOH.

If anything these platforms help us reach more fans quicker.Not every fan on SM comments good or bad.Say we sign a player and we have 80,000 followers yet only 1.5 k like this post.Doesnt mean 65,000 dont like this signing.

Hearts on average get 40,50 comments on posts.To get over 300 now showing their anger is pretty damning.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

4 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Who cares? He’s gash. It’s not like we loaned em Boyce

If Hibs lose strikers to Covid, apply the same logic as the club has here. 

Just now, iainmac said:

If Hibs lose strikers to Covid, apply the same logic as the club has here. 

I don’t give a **** about Hibs. We’re not in the same division as them.

We’ve loaned a team outwith our division a poor goalkeeper. What’s the hubub about?

Seems folk queuing up to have a pop at the club again. Threatening to withdraw FOH funds? 

I’ll never stop my FOH subs , indeed picked up my latest certificate today at the Gorgie suite but I tell you I’m still furious about this. If this was Robbies decision then he has lost alot of good grace from me. WTF are they thinking ? It’s really stuck in my throat this. Despite the fact he is shit it’s not the point.  Be careful Hearts. Because if I see this shit repeated I’m reducing

Edited by 1971fozzy

1 minute ago, Peakybunnet said:

Not really bothered if we loan players out. Its kids that go in the huff. 

mate , help the clubs that stabbed us. Good one

7 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

Not really bothered if we loan players out. Its kids that go in the huff. 

Yep, anyone that disagrees with you is infantile. Folk on here should have took that into consideration before making fools of themselves. 

10 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

We’ve loaned a team outwith our division a poor goalkeeper. What’s the hubub about?

Seems folk queuing up to have a pop at the club again. Threatening to withdraw FOH funds? 

Why are you asking what the hubub is about when you know full well why people have a problem with this? What’s the point in taking that approach?

Bad enough the opposition having the gallus nature to test our resolve and take the pish...then we go and take the mick out ourselves. 

With every passing day we lose a bit of the Hearts I grew up with. 

8 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

mate , help the clubs that stabbed us. Good one

We were a pile of shiite last season and deserved relegation  8 games to play or not. We couldn't even beat St Mirren to save ourselves our last game.

We need to stop blaming every other club in Scotland and take it on the chin all due to Levein and Budges incompetency. 

Just now, Peakybunnet said:

We were a pile of shiite last season and deserved relegation  8 games to play or not. We couldn't even beat St Mirren to save ourselves our last game.

We need to stop blaming every other club in Scotland and take it on the chin all due to Levein and Budges incompetency. 

Completely accurate first sentence. Load of shite second sentence. The season wasn’t completed. We should not have been put down a league after an incomplete season. That is not hearts fault. 

27 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

You really can't gauge anything based on 1000odd comments. Social media only shows a very small snapshot of opinion, especially for a football team of our size, and typically its always going to be the ones unhappy who are the loudest even if they're in the minority. For every 1000 unhappy comments there could 2000 people who didn't comment because they don't particularly care we loaned out Bobby.

It's only since I noticed this thread that I have given this matter any thought. 

Is it really such a terrible thing to

happen ?

Am I meant to be outraged ? 

29 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Or did care but couldn't  be arsed commenting. 

I would imagine the vast majority of Hearts fans opinion on the matter is somewhere between slightly pissed off to really pissef off tbh 

2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It's only since I noticed this thread that I have given this matter any thought. 

Is it really such a terrible thing to

happen ?

Am I meant to be outraged ? 

Don’t think the outrage is compulsory. There are plenty calm people who are disappointed with the clubs decision though. 

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Most clubs in Scotland revelled in it. Do we cut ties with all of them?  Bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face. Even after world wars there has to be reconciliation. It’s the bigger and better people that lead the reconciliation. But they don’t forget either. 

Of course we don't cut ties with all of them. But acceding to a request like this from a club who consistently voted to oppose our remaining in the Premiership, and spoke out against it, is like saying "No problem, just feck with us as much as you want, we'll forgive you".

You appear to forget how much being thrown out of the Premiership has cost us a club, and how selfishly and vociferously most of the rest of the SPFL teams opposed our remaining there, despite it being the fairest thing to do.

There's "turning the other cheek" and there's standing up to folk who feck you around. I know which I prefer.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
12 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

With every passing day we lose a bit of the Hearts I grew up with. 

not all about you mate - students families and tourists queuing up to replace you who are happy to embrace the new hearts

cant wait til we’re friends with everyone again - hopefully showing st mirren how adult we are, and not at all petty or tribalistic, will lead to the rest of Scottish football forgiving us soon too

”only hearts” 

:lion:

l

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Don’t think the outrage is compulsory. There are plenty calm people who are disappointed with the clubs decision though. 

surely none can be surprised tho

34 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

See the thing is I don't give a **** about St Mirren either. 

Unfortunately, the club think differently. 

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Most clubs in Scotland revelled in it. Do we cut ties with all of them?  Bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face. Even after world wars there has to be reconciliation. It’s the bigger and better people that lead the reconciliation. But they don’t forget either. 

How noble of us, SB110.....Only the smartest and winners in life do what you say but they have a plan to jam it up their arse as an encore at a later date....I doubt we think like this though.  We continue to bend over. 

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

On reflection I wish they hadn't loaned 

St Liedoon the player. 

I don't get the stab in the back rhetoric though. 

Robbie probably didn't give a thought to the reaction a perfectly normal bit of business would cause. 

3 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

not all about you mate - students families and tourists queuing up to replace you who are happy to embrace the new hearts

cant wait til we’re friends with everyone again - hopefully showing st mirren how adult we are, and not at all petty or tribalistic, will lead to the rest of Scottish football forgiving us soon too

”only hearts” 

l

😉

3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

On reflection I wish they hadn't loaned 

St Liedoon the player. 

I don't get the stab in the back rhetoric though. 

Robbie probably didn't give a thought to the reaction a perfectly normal bit of business would cause. 

Yep. Could well have just done it without too much consideration. His job’s to get the squad in shape and put players on loan, presumably hoping it’ll be the first step out the door. I’m still disappointed nobody at the club thought about the fans reaction which was fairly predictable imo. 

Edited by GinRummy

Leveins Battalion
4 minutes ago, Rods said:

So were are we at now.

Accept playing them in friendlies?

Happily give them thousands of pounds?

Do not loan them players?

Mate just give it a rest.

How many have to tell you they are going to games to support Hearts,not line the pockets of the home team.

If it had been Motherwell I doubt anybody would have given a **** but the fact that it was St Midden and how they have acted this last week has felt like a kick in the balls from our club

No longer active

Despite the furore of this situation the relationships between Hearts and the rest of the clubs needs to improve and this is a sure way of facilitating that. I agree that emotions will be raw with the backstabbing of the last few months and ultimately the fans will get their day in the future (sooner the better I am sure we all agree) or boycott teams if they wish to. But looking to the future this is a sensible position for the club to take; after all there needs to be a workable relationship between clubs and this allied with the friendly fixture between Hearts and St Mirren it is clear that the board want to move on. Hopefully other clubs will notice that stance and offer too to play "friendlies" or cooperate in the future; for Hearts to get some meaningful opposition that may be necessary otherwise we will be playing Hearts v Hearts, like we did this week, more often in the future!

And auld reekie supports them with pride, with pride with pridewith pr... 

How many times have I gone on about something that those that run Hearts did two and a half years ago.

It's now three years since those that run Hearts did that to me. Let's move on? **** ***.

Right there was a heads up for all that has come to pass since then.  

It was surreal knowing what it meant for Hearts to do what they did three years ago while pretty much no one else was getting it, even when I pointed it out. They have now, since then, asked us to move on another twice, at least. Three years ago, we might have been able to fix the corrupt and toxic open sore that is Scottish football, alas, those that run Hearts said lets not bother, lets move on.   

All the feel good projects in the world will not cover up the fact that Hearts are going along with corruption.

Did I mention dignity.

St ******* mirren. What the ****. **** ***.

Best I leave it there

15 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

”only hearts” 

l

Indeed it reads more like a slapstick  catchphrase now more than a slogan. "only Hearts"  it needs removed and trampled on, bin it.  It's pointless

Edited by HMFC01

1 minute ago, George Cowie said:

Despite the furore of this situation the relationships between Hearts and the rest of the clubs needs to improve and this is a sure way of facilitating that. I agree that emotions will be raw with the backstabbing of the last few months and ultimately the fans will get their day in the future (sooner the better I am sure we all agree) or boycott teams if they wish to. But looking to the future this is a sensible position for the club to take; after all there needs to be a workable relationship between clubs and this allied with the friendly fixture between Hearts and St Mirren it is clear that the board want to move on. Hopefully other clubs will notice that stance and offer too to play "friendlies" or cooperate in the future; for Hearts to get some meaningful opposition that may be necessary otherwise we will be playing Hearts v Hearts, like we did this week, more often in the future!

Yeah, It’s funny how things change in such a short space of time. Papped out the league in the most unfair way imaginable, vilified in the press, shafted in court and losing millions of pounds and then pleased the clubs who would have happily watched us go bankrupt are now chummy enough to play friendless against us. 

16 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

And auld reekie supports them with pride, with pride with pridewith pr... 

How many times have I gone on about something that those that run Hearts did two and a half years ago.

It's now three years since those that run Hearts did that to me. Let's move on? **** ***.

Right there was a heads up for all that has come to pass since then.  

It was surreal knowing what it meant for Hearts to do what they did three years ago while pretty much no one else was getting it, even when I pointed it out. They have now, since then, asked us to move on another twice, at least. Three years ago, we might have been able to fix the corrupt and toxic open sore that is Scottish football, alas, those that run Hearts said lets not bother, lets move on.   

All the feel good projects in the world will not cover up the fact that Hearts are going along with corruption.

Did I mention dignity.

St ******* mirren. What the ****. **** ***.

Best I leave it there

🤡

26 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Completely accurate first sentence. Load of shite second sentence. The season wasn’t completed. We should not have been put down a league after an incomplete season. That is not hearts fault. 

If we had beat St Mirren they would have been relegated on goal difference. Would we have been lobbying for the season to be.played out?

Would we bullocks. 

Let's regroup and.play ourselves back into where we should be instead.of  feeling.sorry for.ourself.and blaming.everybody else. We are.better than that..

however, this is an opportunity for Bobby to get some competitive games under his belt early on.

That'll be the new money spinner...guy is an arse.

3 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

If we had beat St Mirren they would have been relegated on goal difference. Would we have been lobbying for the season to be.played out?

Would we bullocks. 

Let's regroup and.play ourselves back into where we should be instead.of  feeling.sorry for.ourself.and blaming.everybody else. We are.better than that..

No because we’re not st mirren fans. 

I’m only blaming people/clubs etc for things that were there fault. Not blaming them for the position we were in when the music stopped. 

I do want us to play ourselves back up near the top of the top flight though 👍

Edited by GinRummy

4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

🤡

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Saturdays eh? 😀

He's got a bit of a point there.  Maybe not wholly agreeable but something stands out to me that I agree with.

I'm not going to cancel my subs to FOH, but, do have to ask what are the guys on the board who represent me doing there, they need punted ASAP, they are as culpable as anyone for this, by now we are the largest share holders in HMFC and therefore should not be letting Ann Budge make such big mistakes in the running of our club. these two guys are a waste of space on the board and need shunted now..

10 minutes ago, George Cowie said:

I’m struggling to see what’s sensible about the risk inherent in loaning our second-choice keeper to play competitive football for another club when our first-choice goalie is injury prone. A club where there has been coronavirus. And, as someone else has pointed out, for him to play in a demoralising defeat against a team he could shortly be facing in a Cup semi-final. Maybe Robbie or Ann could explain the logic behind that.

I hope this wasn’t intended as some kind of olive branch to the rest of Scottish football. I don’t think there is much appetite for that kind of thing in the Hearts support. All it suggests to me is that we remain soft as shite as a club. And that has now been the case for more seasons than I care to remember.

1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

He's got a bit of a point there.  Maybe not wholly agreeable but something stands out to me that I agree with.

My own opinion is that the community projects and the other good work the club does can go hand in hand with a winning successful first team. We’ve made horrendous mistakes, terrible appointments and suffered badly because of that. Trying to say absolutely everything, whether it’s football related or not, at the club is wrong is just inaccurate. 

2 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

I'm not going to cancel my subs to FOH, but, do have to ask what are the guys on the board who represent me doing there, they need punted ASAP, they are as culpable as anyone for this, by now we are the largest share holders in HMFC and therefore should not be letting Ann Budge make such big mistakes in the running of our club. these two guys are a waste of space on the board and need shunted now..

Agree with this they have no balls or would have said something, we will get the old it was a football matter if thats the case Robbie then needs reminded that sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture, it should never have been allowed to happen.

15 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

Straight out of Hibs.net..... 

18 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

Would we bullocks. 

So we give a club that ****ed us over an emergency loan but we wouldn't have tried to save them from being harmfully relegated.  You really believe that, or you're not thinking right.  Not me, the amount of unselfish contributions and handouts speaks for its self.

WoolfordsHearts
2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Straight out of Hibs.net..... 

I've tried like **** not to post on this horrible loan deal,but **** me,this place is hoaching wth vermin and in denial Hearts supporters.

Imo.

MarkDevriesScores4

The best thing hearts could have done is to have said no to the deal.

st Mirren would have fielded a midfielder in goals who probably would have done better than bobby, hearts fans would feel that we had acted in the interest of the club and bobby wouldn’t have a fairly strong chance of getting covid.

instead, we confirm our place as Scottish football’s doormat.