No self respect / backbone

Selkirkhmfc1874

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

This is my point. The beef between Hearts and St Mirren is a social media thing. They genuinely may not know that. St Mirren are playing Hibs. 

We loan St Mirren a goalie we want to leave anyhow to help St Mirren get a result against Hibs. That may very well be the simplistic way they looked at it because they don't spend their days trawling social media (thank christ). As I said before, if they made decisions based on social media Robbie never would have come back.

How is Tony Fitzpatrick's press conference comments, social media? The nickname Heartbreaker was given to Obika on their official channel, not a fan site. What's so difficult to understand?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

31 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Indeed. I was going back to look at the thread where it was coined, but for some reason it’s been locked? 🤷‍♂️

Any idea why @davemclaren? Don’t remember being banned from it...

8D506B27-46A5-4FCE-9B03-FC19399C646A.png

70F3D260-91DF-4510-9EB5-C6D228CE87FF.png

No idea. I get the same message. 

Why are we so weak, I just can't get my head round why we would help a club like st.liedown a club that helped cheat us in 86 and advertised their game against the wee team as the heartbreaker yet 1st time a club comes calling HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN help, and if you don't get the anger you're obviously to young to remember 86

Just now, ramrod said:

Expecting Booby to test positive for Covid  in the next few weeks with a few of our other squad members. 

Its got an inevitably about it 😂

You know it's coming. 

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

My point is we need to separate social media from the real world. In terms of customers' views, I thought most Hearts fans didn't;t rate Zlamal and wanted him gone. What do we care where he goes?

We aren't getting rid of him. Getting him gone for 7 days now makes it less likely that we will be able to get rid of him permanently in January when we'll have too many keepers again. Even taken purely on its footballing merits it is a decision that makes no sense. If we had agreed a longer loan or permanent transfer to St Mirren there would have been much clearer benefits to Hearts.

48 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That’s the trouble with vague slogans. 

Not a vague slogan at all. Absolutely crystal clear.

We know after Levein's elongated tenure that those in charge cannot make the difficult decisions even when they are so obviously needed. They would rather alienate the vast majority of the support once again than suffer bad publicity and be seen as petty minded even if those we are accommodating went out of their way to damage us. They are not acting in the best interest of the club. We are not over it.

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If hearts had refused to deal with st mirren and made it public, some of the same people defending this stupid decision would be on this thread saying how well the club had done. 

:spoton:

As sure as night follows day, the usual club shills are running around the board defending this to the hilt.

Haringshairband
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This is all that really needs to be said. And if Bobby saves a penalty and Hibs drop a couple of positions it'll be forgotten and indeed celebrated. Or are we to assume the Hearts board now has to focus on St Mirren as our main rival because of the current beef between the fan groups?

You're all over the place trying to firefight this bizarre decision. The crux of the matter is Hearts used the "only Hearts" slogan as a way to create a siege mentality and sell season tickets only to bend over at the first time of asking. It's a kick in the baws to the fans.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Saint Jambo said:

We aren't getting rid of him. Getting him gone for 7 days now makes it less likely that we will be able to get rid of him permanently in January when we'll have too many keepers again. Even taken purely on its footballing merits it is a decision that makes no sense. If we had agreed a longer loan or permanent transfer to St Mirren there would have been much clearer benefits to Hearts.

I agree with you. Just don't think it's worth giving the club a kicking over. We've had enough of that this summer.

If the reason is that the players would have been unhappy about Bobby being denied the chance to play first team football, it worries me that the players don’t share the siege mentality of the fans

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

No idea. I get the same message. 

Any chance you could find out for me? Being an admin and all that. 🤷‍♂️

I remember how it came about, but it’d be nice to actually read it again anyway. 

2 minutes ago, shauncl said:

Why are we so weak, I just can't get my head round why we would help a club like st.liedown a club that helped cheat us in 86 and advertised their game against the wee team as the heartbreaker yet 1st time a club comes calling HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN help, and if you don't get the anger you're obviously to young to remember 86

This! I hate that club for what they did to us in 86 and my hatred only increased as they put the boots to us recently!

1 minute ago, coconut doug said:

Not a vague slogan at all. Absolutely crystal clear.

We know after Levein's elongated tenure that those in charge cannot make the difficult decisions even when they are so obviously needed. They would rather alienate the vast majority of the support once again than suffer bad publicity and be seen as petty minded even if those we are accommodating went out of their way to damage us. They are not acting in the best interest of the club. We are not over it.

Feck me. I owe you an apology. I didn't think you were a Hearts fan. Sorry. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Haringshairband said:

You're all over the place trying to firefight this bizarre decision. The crux of the matter is Hearts used the "only Hearts" slogan as a way to create a siege mentality and sell season tickets only to bend over at the first time of asking. It's a kick in the baws to the fans.

I don't pay much attention to slogans personally. Your team is your team. You support it or you don't. You can afford a ST or you can't. We would have sold as many Sts just using the slogan Support Hearts.

12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It hurts Hibs potentially. Which would you prefer more? I was actually undecided before this game who I wanted to lose more. Now I'll accept Bobby taking out a Hibs player or two and scoring an own goal in the last minute for a draw.

I care about Hearts before i worry about Hibs or St.Mirren.

alicante jambo
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

I agree with you. Just don't think it's worth giving the club a kicking over. We've had enough of that this summer.

Mate the club deserve more than a kicking for this. They made this decision they alone no one else. The spfl f-cked us with the desicion to put us out the league.Lers no try blame this on anyone else.It will be an interesting statement from hearts when it does come. Word will already be getting back the fans are pissed off.

2 minutes ago, shauncl said:

I am too young to remember 1986, but as far as I'm aware all we had to do was beat Dundee to win the league and we didn't. 

Can blame St Midden all you like, but if we'd taken care of our own business we wouldn't have had to rely on them at all. 

Much in the same way I view our relegation, blame lies (for me anyway) at our own clubs door for that, for being so poor for so long, the relegation debacle didn't change my opinion on any other club in Scotland. 

Can't see the problem in the board accepting some easy cash to loan a back up player for a few games. 

Haringshairband

I don't pay much attention to slogans personally. Your team is your team. You support it or you don't. You can afford a ST or you can't. We would have sold as many Sts just using the slogan Support Hearts.

True but why use a slogan coined by the fans if you don't actually believe in it?

Just now, iainmac said:

None of them have a customer orientated background.

Finance & Legal.

Both JJ and Garry Halliday should encouraged to stand for election to the board in December. I'll still argue that there is no need to have both an FOH and Club board. We should just have the one. Whatever slight problems there may be regarding shareholders not being members of FOH with their voting rights should easily be resolved.

1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

This was clearly Neilsons decision but Ann Budge should have known how this decision would be viewed by the fans and refused the loan 

We should in no way be helping any other clubs out in any way whatsoever even if Robbie thinks it is going to benefit Zlamal and the Club.

AB and the HMFC Board should have been telling him that we do not help those who voted us down under any circumstances.

AB seems to have a short memory or else she really didn't get the ire of the Hearts Fans at the way we were treated by most Scottish clubs.

She knows the ones that supported us and those are the only ones we should be doing any sort of business with.

23 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You are not a Hearts fan.

I’ve also said it before and I’ll say it again too - I am a hearts fan and just because I have a different opinion  doesn’t make me any less of one mate.

it seems Ann shares my opinion too.

Edited by Natural Orders

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Disagree. Just taking a pragmatic approach imo. 

Stunned that you can’t bring yourself to criticise the club once again.

Its ok not to agree with everything the club does, it doesn’t make you any less of a supporter.

Poor decision imo. Season hasn’t even kicked off for us yet and the siege mentality we were hoping for is already fading.

letsalllaughathobos

An embarrassment of a football club, after the get behind us carry on and the only hearts stuff, 

Bang take that thicko's, 

As per usual under the leadership off Ann we are being laughed at again and again and absolutely horrible time to support our once great club, 

I actually hate our leaders more than hibs at the moment, 

Just now, Beast Boy said:

When I use JKB’s search function, I get this message, @davemclaren:

5A640232-C274-4723-88EE-9A5EA8D166B9.png

Search is a resource heavy function so is one of the first things to timeout when busy.

Either that or we trying to stop you finding it. 😎

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Expecting Booby to test positive for Covid  in the next few weeks with a few of our other squad members. 

Its got an inevitably about it 😂

That's the reason I'm surprised it went through. At the end of the day we want to get back into the top league asap. That may still yet only happen through votes and even reconstruction the way things are going. What if the championship can't start for example? There's a bigger picture but I would have preferred us to tell St Mirren to ram it. Kind of knew they would take the higher ground though. The new CEO basically said that's what we'd be doing.

4 minutes ago, pablo said:

Feck me. I owe you an apology. I didn't think you were a Hearts fan. Sorry. 

Unlike some, it's not something i do by choice. I can't help it.😂

Haringshairband
1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

I’ve also said it before and I’ll say it again too - I am a hearts fan and just because I have a different opin doesn’t make me any less of one mate.

it seems Ann shares my opinion too.

Ann sharing your opinion doesn't make it valid. If anything it invalidates it.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

True but why use a slogan coined by the fans if you don't actually believe in it?

I don't think "Only hearts" was intended to mean what some people think 😄 We're still going to beoperating within a membership organisation dealing with people we don't like. At the time the slogan came out we were in a joint court case as well and our fans have helped Thistle and Stranraer financially. One of our fans gave money to every club. I think we are being too "nice" about all this but the alternative is to be petty and unprofessional so on balance I'll take our approach to try to get along in the situation we've found ourselves in.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

That's the reason I'm surprised it went through. At the end of the day we want to get back into the top league asap. That may still yet only happen through votes and even reconstruction the way things are going. What if the championship can't start for example? There's a bigger picture but I would have preferred us to tell St Mirren to ram it. Kind of knew they would take the higher ground though. The new CEO basically said that's what we'd be doing.

Suppose they could have made up any number of reasons and politely said no to St Mirren , this looks like a football call from Robbie . 

If by any chance  the virus is carried back into our squad , unlikely I know , there will be utter mayhem on here and beyond. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Search is a resource heavy function so is one of the first things to timeout when busy.

Either that or we trying to stop you finding it. 😎

Bit of a shit service for my subs though, eh? Just want to access a thread from May and have a wee read of it. Both ways of doing that are drawing a blank, and you’re being zero help. Not exactly asking something huge, am I?

Not overjoyed, but maybe Bobby wanted to go and get some competitive game-time under his belt. Also, I think we have shown a bit of class, instead of throwing the dummy out the pram.

8 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Any chance you could find out for me? Being an admin and all that. 🤷‍♂️

I remember how it came about, but it’d be nice to actually read it again anyway. 

I suspect it has been merged in an odd way. Possibly a merge into more than one thread. 

Ex member of the SaS
5 minutes ago, communist said:

I am too young to remember 1986, but as far as I'm aware all we had to do was beat Dundee to win the league and we didn't. 

Can blame St Midden all you like, but if we'd taken care of our own business we wouldn't have had to rely on them at all. 

Much in the same way I view our relegation, blame lies (for me anyway) at our own clubs door for that, for being so poor for so long, the relegation debacle didn't change my opinion on any other club in Scotland. 

Can't see the problem in the board accepting some easy cash to loan a back up player for a few games. 

Ok I get you maybe too young but surely you have read the posts on this. They lay down to Celtic and at the end of the game their players celebrated with the Celtic players on the pitch.

In no way will I and many others forgive or forget what that scummy club did on that day or subsequently with recent demotion/reconstruction votes.

4 minutes ago, letsalllaughathobos said:

An embarrassment of a football club, after the get behind us carry on and the only hearts stuff, 

Bang take that thicko's, 

As per usual under the leadership off Ann we are being laughed at again and again and absolutely horrible time to support our once great club, 

I actually hate our leaders more than hibs at the moment, 

**** me . Unfortunately this doesn't appear to be a wind up

1 minute ago, japanjambo said:

Not overjoyed, but maybe Bobby wanted to go and get some competitive game-time under his belt. Also, I think we have shown a bit of class, instead of throwing the dummy out the pram.

Careful mate you might be accused of being a Hibs fan for saying that 

3 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Some can't see the wood for the trees a bit like those that will go to Kirkcaldy regardless we have no balls as a club and need to grow a pair.

I can't see anything changing until she goes. I'm struggling to remain interested in a club that is such a soft touch on and off the pitch. 

Haringshairband

I don't think "Only hearts" was intended to mean what some people think 😄 We're still going to beoperating within a membership organisation dealing with people we don't like. At the time the slogan came out we were in a joint court case as well and our fans have helped Thistle and Stranraer financially. One of our fans gave money to every club. I think we are being too "nice" about all this but the alternative is to be petty and unprofessional so on balance I'll take our approach to try to get along in the situation we've found ourselves in.

You can still operate within the SPFL and reject requests for loans that don't benefit us while helping out a member club that have gone to great lengths to celebrate our demotion. It's a very poor decision by the club which many fans have every right to be pissed off about.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Mate the club deserve more than a kicking for this. They made this decision they alone no one else. The spfl f-cked us with the desicion to put us out the league.Lers no try blame this on anyone else.It will be an interesting statement from hearts when it does come. Word will already be getting back the fans are pissed off.

Perhaps before every decision the club needs to say to themselves "What would JKB and the social media lot say?" Joking obviously. If you're really upset contact the club by phone or letter. I've done it once , when Burley was sacked. Otherwise it's just noise. The club can't base decisions on what a relatively few people are saying on the internet.

We are in this situation BECAUSE the Board were too spineless to deal with the management situation & too busy "building bridges" with clubs like Hibs who couldn't wait to put the boot in. Most people have moved on from that BUT this just demonstrates (to me anyway) that no lessons have been learned & we're back to cosying up with the likes of St Mirren - another one who done us in.

1 minute ago, Beast Boy said:

Bit of a shit service for my subs though, eh? Just want to access a thread from May and have a wee read of it. Both ways of doing that are drawing a blank, and you’re being zero help. Not exactly asking something huge, am I?

Very sorry. I’ll be sure to bring it up at my annual review. 🤓

see my later response. 

24 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Moneyspinner - a week's worth of loan money?

We didn't HAVE to deal with them - we CHOSE to deal with them.

"Only Hearts" - and every other club we'll roll over for?

Who mentioned moneyspinner or any monetary benefit ? I don’t need capital letters amongst your slavering to understand your point. 

23 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t think we need to keep a working relationship with them. If we want to buy a player from them then they’ll sell if it benefits them. We’ve loaned one of the loudest, cheekiest backstabbing clubs a player which benefits them and offers us an absolutely minimal benefit. 

Of course we need a working relationship, to deny that makes continuing the discussion pointless. 

22 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Who was the last  player We signed from st mirren?

I said clubs, not just St Mirren, we’ve signed hundreds maybe even thousands of players from these clubs we need a footballing relationship with. 

11 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Where did that working relationship get us in the summer?

This benefits St.Mirren only.

Will we have to buy/sell to these clubs, yes, but here we are helping a club out the shit with zero benefit to us.

No where and Yes this time we don’t get any direct benefit, I don’t think it harms us either. You agree we have to work with these clubs so as fans sometimes it isn’t going to taste very well. I’m not going to lose my mind over this though. 

2 minutes ago, japanjambo said:

Where's the class in publicly displaying our weakness and being laughed at?

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Suppose they could have made up any number of reasons and politely said no to St Mirren , this looks like a football call from Robbie . 

If by any chance  the virus is carried back into our squad , unlikely I know , there will be utter mayhem on here and beyond. 

I agree up to a point. In terms of the virus risk though, all the players are tested before the match. If there was the risk you say, no games would be getting played.

Perhaps before every decision the club needs to say to themselves "What would JKB and the social media lot say?" Joking obviously. If you're really upset contact the club by phone or letter. I've done it once , when Burley was sacked. Otherwise it's just noise. The club can't base decisions on what a relatively few people are saying on the internet.

Relatively few?

Interesting viewpoint. It's not really, it's just bollocks.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Relatively few?

Interesting viewpoint. It's not really, it's just bollocks.

11.5 ST holders. How many losing their shit on the internet? If people will back the cub after the season we've just had they'll back it because we loaned a player to help a team try to beat Hibs (which I guarantee is the way they'll have looked at it from the "what will the fans think" angle).

Edited by ToqueJambo

Was that Goodwin moaning about the SPFL not showing common sense?  :lol:

This has nothing to do with Ann and is Robbie’s and Zlamal’s decision. I’m angry and would have told them to F off personally but on the plus side we have shown some class.