• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

My own opinion is that the community projects and the other good work the club does can go hand in hand with a winning successful first team. We’ve made horrendous mistakes, terrible appointments and suffered badly because of that. Trying to say absolutely everything, whether it’s football related or not, at the club is wrong is just inaccurate. 

Of course, if that was the crux of his post, then it's not a great stance.  I don't agree with that part.  I was leaning more to the part of the pride evaporating, taking another blow to the point it shrinks and diminishes. 

Not that my pride in the club is gone yet, but I find myself wondering would I defend the club against further criticism or verbal attack.  I certainly wont be bothered about the staff that continually make bad choices, whether it was a management choice or exec, I don't know.  Probably both.

Just now, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

The best thing hearts could have done is to have said no to the deal.

st Mirren would have fielded a midfielder in goals who probably would have done better than bobby, hearts fans would feel that we had acted in the interest of the club and bobby wouldn’t have a fairly strong chance of getting covid.

instead, we confirm our place as Scottish football’s doormat.

Siege mentality my arse

Helping that pointless, scummy Paisley, Li Down, lowlife nonentities that stabbed us in the back bunch of nothings with their Celtic shop and Frank McGarvey singing Celtic songs  in the bath.......Shove it Budge.

25 minutes ago, leginten said:

I’m struggling to see what’s sensible about the risk inherent in loaning our second-choice keeper to play competitive football for another club when our first-choice goalie is injury prone. A club where there has been coronavirus. And, as someone else has pointed out, for him to play in a demoralising defeat against a team he could shortly be facing in a Cup semi-final. Maybe Robbie or Ann could explain the logic behind that.

I hope this wasn’t intended as some kind of olive branch to the rest of Scottish football. I don’t think there is much appetite for that kind of thing in the Hearts support. All it suggests to me is that we remain soft as shite as a club. And that has now been the case for more seasons than I care to remember.

Great post! Well said! 👍

42 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

And auld reekie supports them with pride, with pride with pridewith pr... 

How many times have I gone on about something that those that run Hearts did two and a half years ago.

It's now three years since those that run Hearts did that to me. Let's move on? **** ***.

Right there was a heads up for all that has come to pass since then.  

It was surreal knowing what it meant for Hearts to do what they did three years ago while pretty much no one else was getting it, even when I pointed it out. They have now, since then, asked us to move on another twice, at least. Three years ago, we might have been able to fix the corrupt and toxic open sore that is Scottish football, alas, those that run Hearts said lets not bother, lets move on.   

All the feel good projects in the world will not cover up the fact that Hearts are going along with corruption.

Did I mention dignity.

St ******* mirren. What the ****. **** ***.

Best I leave it there

Sorry - what "thing" are you referring to that happened 3 years ago ? 

19 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Are you hiring the plane ?

Could be a bomber at this rate.....

42 minutes ago, leginten said:

I’m struggling to see what’s sensible about the risk inherent in loaning our second-choice keeper to play competitive football for another club when our first-choice goalie is injury prone. A club where there has been coronavirus. And, as someone else has pointed out, for him to play in a demoralising defeat against a team he could shortly be facing in a Cup semi-final. Maybe Robbie or Ann could explain the logic behind that.

I hope this wasn’t intended as some kind of olive branch to the rest of Scottish football. I don’t think there is much appetite for that kind of thing in the Hearts support. All it suggests to me is that we remain soft as shite as a club. And that has now been the case for more seasons than I care to remember.

👏🏻

Just now, Lone Striker said:

Sorry - what "thing" are you referring to that happened 3 years ago ? 

Well played.

Three years ago Hearts voted not to have an investigation into how the people that were running Scottish football did nothing about the cheating that they knew rangers were up to. 

Let's just move on. 

As for one or two other posters.

Posting a clown face to my post showed that poster up as a clown. Then there was the clown that jumped in with the clown faced bully. If they were clever they would have asked what the above poster had asked. Truth is, I have to ask questions about any Hearts supporter that wouldn't want to know what I was on about in that post.

48 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Agree with this they have no balls or would have said something, we will get the old it was a football matter if thats the case Robbie then needs reminded that sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture, it should never have been allowed to happen.

At the last Club AGM both Wallace and Cummings stood for re-election. Only one person in the entire room of about 500 voted against them being re-elected and that was me. If people want change you have to vote for it. 

2 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

Well played.

Three years ago Hearts voted not to have an investigation into how the people that were running Scottish football did nothing about the cheating that they knew rangers were up to. 

Have to take your word for it - it's not something that sticks in my memory, sorry.    Seems a bit odd to wait till 2017 to consider investigating Oldco (financial ?) cheating though. Presumably a majority of other clubs also didn't support it ?

51 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Straight out of Hibs.net..... 

Sorry you think that  my friend. Season ticket holder for 40 years. Ex moderator on this forum under a different username. 

Its all about opinions but I accept we were rubbish last season and deserved relegation. Exceptional circumstances may have skewed the ups and downs but I now just want us to play football without revenge at the top of our thoughts.  

Just now, Peakybunnet said:

Sorry you think that  my friend. Season ticket holder for 40 years. Ex moderator on this forum under a different username. 

Its all about opinions but I accept we were rubbish last season and deserved relegation. Exceptional circumstances may have skewed the ups and downs but I now just want us to play football without revenge at the top of our thoughts.  

5 - 1 ya docksider.

Dagger Is Back

For me it’s a totally bizarre decision, whoever sanctioned it. I’d be interested to know who was involved in agreeing it

I don’t but Robbie’s comments re match time benefits for Bobby anymore than I bought his money spinning replay comments

The chasm between the Board and fans grows wider just at a point in time when most were behind the Club, and there was a real unity

Slap in the face for all who have bought STs and maintained FOH subscriptions.

Seems that our role is to simply continue to pump money into the club when asked, whether that be match income or buying cardboard cut outs etc

We should simply have said no. There are many reasons outwith settling an score including the disruption to our own training and the risk of Bobby being injured or coming back with CV

A dreadfully poor and ignorant decision in my mind. 

8 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

For me it’s a totally bizarre decision, whoever sanctioned it. I’d be interested to know who was involved in agreeing it

I don’t but Robbie’s comments re match time benefits for Bobby anymore than I bought his money spinning replay comments

The chasm between the Board and fans grows wider just at a point in time when most were behind the Club, and there was a real unity

Seems that our role is to simply continue to pump money into the club when asked, whether that be match income or buying cardboard cut outs etc

We should simply have said no. There are many reasons outwith settling an score including the disruption to our own training and the risk of Bobby being injured or coming back with CV

Great post.

6 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Good post, it’s getting that way re putting money in to the club. Decisions like this are not helpful, counter productive really. You have to wonder how they come to them. We should not be helping other clubs out. Far too soft.

9 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Absolutely spot on mate! 

This stupid decision shows the "only Hearts" line was trotted out by the club  to get the fans back on side and make us believe it was other clubs shafting us that has put us in our current predicament, as opposed to poor decisions and blind loyalty to certain individuals by the board. There is unfortunately no substance behind it from the clubs perspective. Taking us for mugs. 

6 minutes ago, David Black said:

At the last Club AGM both Wallace and Cummings stood for re-election. Only one person in the entire room of about 500 voted against them being re-elected and that was me. If people want change you have to vote for it. 

This Zlamal loan furore highlights how (of even if)  a large section of FoH contributors  can exert pressure  on the FoH reps on the HMFC board to  take notice of fan opinion.     

For example, it looks like a majority of fans on here today are angry at the loan having been agreed to - but how do we gauge if it's actually a majority of FoH members ?    

The loan has happened, so what redress does a majority of FoH members have to exert influence on the reps on the HMFC board to propose a change to  future football player  policy ?   At the very least, the reps must be prepared to explain to FoH members the reason why the HMFC board acted that way. 

It's all very well saying "fan owned, but not fan run" but if the future majority shareholder group (FoH) reps on the HMFC board are just going to ignore significant  unrest about something from the members they represent, then we're in for a bumpy ride as the majority shareholder.

Perhaps Dave Maclaren or Iain MacLeod could respond  with their opinions on this type of thing.   I feel it's important to consider,  regardless of how outraged or otherwise you are about the Zlamal loan.

26 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

We “deserved relegation”?? My friend we were not relegated - we were ejected out the league on a rigged vote by rival clubs with 8 games to go!

1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

Have to take your word for it - it's not something that sticks in my memory, sorry.    Seems a bit odd to wait till 2017 to consider investigating Oldco (financial ?) cheating though. Presumably a majority of other clubs also didn't support it ?

It Happened.

I tried to explain to people what it said about those that were running Hearts. I tried to explain that those that were (and still are) running Hearts were asking us to not only care deeply about something that was corrupt but to do so knowing that it was corrupt against us.

Ignore all of that and give us your money. 

There is a bigger picture out there and it's not a pretty one.  

18 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

This Zlamal loan furore highlights how (of even if)  a large section of FoH contributors  can exert pressure  on the FoH reps on the HMFC board to  take notice of fan opinion.     

For example, it looks like a majority of fans on here today are angry at the loan having been agreed to - but how do we gauge if it's actually a majority of FoH members ?    

The loan has happened, so what redress does a majority of FoH members have to exert influence on the reps on the HMFC board to propose a change to  future football player  policy ?   At the very least, the reps must be prepared to explain to FoH members the reason why the HMFC board acted that way. 

It's all very well saying "fan owned, but not fan run" but if the future majority shareholder group (FoH) reps on the HMFC board are just going to ignore significant  unrest about something from the members they represent, then we're in for a bumpy ride as the majority shareholder.

Perhaps Dave Maclaren or Iain MacLeod could respond  with their opinions on this type of thing.   I feel it's important to consider,  regardless of how outraged or otherwise you are about the Zlamal loan.

Myself & Dave appear to have diametrically opposing views on this. They are all over this thread. 

I'm not quite sure what you're asking us to do here? 

43 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

Instant ban imo

1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Wage we don't want or need, off the books?  If so I can see the logic. 

It's a seven day loan.  His wages are not off the books.

If you had predicted on here a couple of months ago that in early September we would be bending over backwards to assist one of the clubs which gleefully shafted us - when we’re under absolutely no obligation to do so - you’d have been ridiculed. And rightly so.

pettigrewsstylist
1 minute ago, iainmac said:

For a week? 

Im guessing there is a hope it runs on or develops into something more. I'm looking for reasons pretty hard, ill grant you.

1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Im guessing there is a hope it runs on or develops into something more. I'm looking for reasons pretty hard, ill grant you.

They have 3 goalkeepers on their books already, so I doubt it. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Yep we’ve saved about £2k

Good piece of business.

We probably did it for free and James Anderson probably paid for his St Mirren strip 

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Got to agree with most on here. Poor decision from the club. Wonder if the club will come out with some explanation given the annoyance of the supporters. 

15 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Myself & Dave appear to have diametrically opposing views on this. They are all over this thread. 

I'm not quite sure what you're asking us to do here? 

Thanks Iain.  Just wondering where you stand on the issue of how the 2 FoH reps on the HMFC board should act on sudden football issues like  this Zlamal event. As I see it, 4 possible options -

a) Not a board matter, purely up to Robbie - FoH reps explain this to membership via simple email

b) Not a board matter, purely up to Robbie - FoH reps stay silent

c) Board required to approve or reject a proposed action - FoH reps vote on their own instinct, and stay silent even in the face of fan anger.

d) Board required to approve or reject a proposed  action - FoH reps vote on their own instinct, and prepare a justification statement to the membership explaining  how they voted.

Given the tone of some posts on here today, clear and regular communication to the members about football decisions would go a long way to reducing anger/frustration (imo).    So options a  and   d   above for me.    

Hard to disagree. Someone, or more than one party, has completely misjudged this. 

The supporters are sick to the back teeth of abject failure and the pathetic mentality at our club for four seasons now. Soft losers is the only way to describe it. 

Robbie completely misjudged it before with an awful comment after throwing away a two goal lead at home. He never recovered from it. 

He’s completely misjudged it again. 

33 minutes ago, leginten said:

If you had predicted on here a couple of months ago that in early September we would be bending over backwards to assist one of the clubs which gleefully shafted us - when we’re under absolutely no obligation to do so - you’d have been ridiculed. And rightly so.

Fair comment, there.  That solidarity born out of anger at what Scottish football did to us (when they didn't need to)    has been dealt a sore thud below the belt today, as evidenced  by a lot of  the posts on here.      

I don't often post and have not for a long long time, but I feel some of the comments are so emotive which I suppose that is what football is all about.

So, the way I see it is that Hearts have been shafted up, down, in and out over the last year, by people, and football clubs who are so up their backsides and full of self interest they can't see the big picture.

In my view, in this situation (and always) Hearts have acted in a professional manner, a manner in which all the SPFL clubs should have acted but didn't. It is always the case that you shouldn't lower yourself to the level of those that acted against you.

Hearts have shown professionalism and dignity in offering a fellow team help, which has now been acknowledged on the main platform (BBC Sportsound), a platform where some of the pundits have previously made some disgraceful and childish comments.

I believe Hearts have acted as they should, as the third biggest team in Scotland, with professionalism, dignity and with their fellow teams and players as part of the whole organisation. By acting this way, the typical reactions of the small minded people within the governing body and those who run the other league teams will be highlighted even more.

Thanks

Heart of Darkness
3 minutes ago, vamborules said:

I don't often post and have not for a long long time, but I feel some of the comments are so emotive which I suppose that is what football is all about.

So, the way I see it is that Hearts have been shafted up, down, in and out over the last year, by people, and football clubs who are so up their backsides and full of self interest they can't see the big picture.

In my view, in this situation (and always) Hearts have acted in a professional manner, a manner in which all the SPFL clubs should have acted but didn't. It is always the case that you shouldn't lower yourself to the level of those that acted against you.

Hearts have shown professionalism and dignity in offering a fellow team help, which has now been acknowledged on the main platform (BBC Sportsound), a platform where some of the pundits have previously made some disgraceful and childish comments.

I believe Hearts have acted as they should, as the third biggest team in Scotland, with professionalism, dignity and with their fellow teams and players as part of the whole organisation. By acting this way, the typical reactions of the small minded people within the governing body and those who run the other league teams will be highlighted even more.

Thanks

Very calm and measured post vamborules 👍

So a club comes in offers us acceptable money for a player and we say no because some fans have become all precious about who we can deal with

We do not live in your world of the moral high ground

The pennies have to be counted and if it suits us that is the measuring stick not whether some fans don't like it

It may seem harsh but that is simply todays reality

Heart of Darkness
1 minute ago, Heart of Darkness said:

Very calm and measured post vamborules 👍

I'm still thinking we should have told them to f off, but I'm also thinking that what you say is still correct. 🤷‍♂️

Dagger Is Back
10 minutes ago, vamborules said:

Thanks

This is a good post but rather like a wife whose husband enjoys the company of another, how long do we continue to ‘do the right thing?’

Enoughs enough in my opinion. There’s a fine line between acting with dignity and professionalism, and being a soft touch

We are, in my opinion, a soft touch

One other thing. We’ve also bailed out the SPFL in my mind, following their crazy judgement that the game should go ahead

That decision will be quickly forgotten by all,  including Bobbys new temporary club 

Edited by Dagger Is Back

gorgie rd eh11
8 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

So a club comes in offers us acceptable money for a player and we say no because some fans have become all precious about who we can deal with

We do not live in your world of the moral high ground

The pennies have to be counted and if it suits us that is the measuring stick not whether some fans don't like it

It may seem harsh but that is simply todays reality

Decisions like the loan deal will cost the club money. That's the reality of "some fans don't like it".

downunder jambo

I don't understand why the game wasn't postponed. Why did Aberdeen and Celtic have their games postponed earlier in the season, due to Covid related issues, yet St Mirren were told their game had to go ahead? In Aberdeen and Celtic's cases they were kind of self-inflicted situations whereas I don't think that's the case with St Mirren. Absolutely no consistency whatsoever from SFA/SPFL or whoever - why am I not surprised!

(And no, I don't have any affinity with St Mirren whatsoever - I just can't stand the inconsistency!)

4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

We've loaned 2 clowns to Kilmarnock and St Mirren. They are doing us the favour not us helping them 

You said last month or so ago that you didn’t want us to loan to any scumbag clubs ever again.  Now it’s okay if it’s clowns or for our benefit? Ie back every single decision the club make and make excuses.  

3 hours ago, Kev1998 said:

Zlamal could have had a wee smile at the big cardboard cut out sitting in the stand.put there by they rats.l give up.

What was that? 

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Decisions like the loan deal will cost the club money. That's the reality of "some fans don't like it".

Indeed. A 7 day loan will save us one week's wages of one player but cause others to pause before spending their hard-earned with the club.

2 minutes ago, downunder jambo said:

I don't understand why the game wasn't postponed. Why did Aberdeen and Celtic have their games postponed earlier in the season, due to Covid related issues, yet St Mirren were told their game had to go ahead? In Aberdeen and Celtic's cases they were kind of self-inflicted situations whereas I don't think that's the case with St Mirren. Absolutely no consistency whatsoever from SFA/SPFL or whoever - why am I not surprised!

(And no, I don't have any affinity with St Mirren whatsoever - I just can't stand the inconsistency!)

The Aberdeen and Celtic games were effectively called off by the Government. It is clear that if Government hadn't stepped in the SPFL would have gone ahead with those games. Government stepped in then because football had shown itself incapable of sticking to the rules and allowing it to carry on regardless would have risked undermining public confidence in the overall approach to coronavirus restrictions. The St Mirren case is different. Everyone accepts that even when following the protocols some players will still catch the virus. The SPFL know they can't get into a situation where when a couple of players test positive they cancel games or they will struggle to finish the season.