• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

‘Only Hearts’ is a (good ) slogan with no defined detail/rules behind it. I take it as meaning only do what is in the club’s best interest. However, that is pretty subjective though and you will rarely get 100% agreement around whether a particular action is in line with that. 

Have to disagree, Dave. A polite refusal would surely have been nigh-on 100% supported. We should be focussing solely on our own preparations. The various threads already demonstrate that divisions within our own support have been generated (with folks already backing out of planned visits to the Skyline etc hence impacting income); and for what?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Perhaps before every decision the club needs to say to themselves "What would JKB and the social media lot say?" Joking obviously. If you're really upset contact the club by phone or letter. I've done it once , when Burley was sacked. Otherwise it's just noise. The club can't base decisions on what a relatively few people are saying on the internet.

I don’t think we’d expect them to. But perhaps every now and again they could pretend to be in touch with how the rank and file feel

3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Careful mate you might be accused of being a Hibs fan for saying that 

Everybody know Japan Jambo is a hearts fan. Us jambos can tell these things. 

Ex member of the SaS

The first thing Hearts board should have considered is the fall out from the SPFL if Bobby comes back and infects some of our first team players. They would have a field day trying to stop us gaining promotion and this would only make it easier to hammer us again.

3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Who mentioned moneyspinner or any monetary benefit ? I don’t need capital letters amongst your slavering to understand your point. 

Of course we need a working relationship, to deny that makes continuing the discussion pointless. 

I said clubs, not just St Mirren, we’ve signed hundreds maybe even thousands of players from these clubs we need a footballing relationship with. 

No where and Yes this time we don’t get any direct benefit, I don’t think it harms us either. You agree we have to work with these clubs so as fans sometimes it isn’t going to taste very well. I’m not going to lose my mind over this though. 

The manager you quoted "making it personal" mentioned "Moneyspinner" in his previous time here.

1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

Have to disagree, Dave. A polite refusal would surely have been nigh-on 100% supported. We should be focussing solely on our own preparations. The various threads already demonstrate that divisions within our own support have been generated (with folks already backing out of planned visits to the Skyline etc hence impacting income); and for what?

Exactly.  I don’t think any Hearts fan would be raging at the club for not helping st Mirren.  

3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Who mentioned moneyspinner or any monetary benefit ? I don’t need capital letters amongst your slavering to understand your point. 

Of course we need a working relationship, to deny that makes continuing the discussion pointless. 

I said clubs, not just St Mirren, we’ve signed hundreds maybe even thousands of players from these clubs we need a footballing relationship with. 

No where and Yes this time we don’t get any direct benefit, I don’t think it harms us either. You agree we have to work with these clubs so as fans sometimes it isn’t going to taste very well. I’m not going to lose my mind over this though. 

We need a working relationship with them but you can’t quite explain why? It’s not to sign players from them btw. We have signed players from clubs we have poor or no relationships with on numerous occasions. So as it is so obvious, spell it out. 

2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

It would have certainly been the popular response so more detail on the decision making process would be interesting. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Very sorry. I’ll be sure to bring it up at my annual review. 🤓

see my later response. 

Better off just practicing making a better cup of tea.

2 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

The first thing Hearts board should have considered is the fall out from the SPFL if Bobby comes back and infects some of our first team players. They would have a field day trying to stop us gaining promotion and this would only make it easier to hammer us again.

The board would not have convened to discuss a loan move for Bobby. 

Guest ToqueJambo

If St Mirren win and Bobby plays a part, will everyone's view stay the same? If St Mirren is our main rival now in the eyes of most fans, the club should be told. In normal times a move like this would absolutely be looked on as us trying to do some thing to hurt Hibs.

In reality we have a temporary beef with St Mirren that will end once we start hammering them again as per usual. Although older fans like myself do have a long term beref with them which is why I was conflicted about who I wanted to win the game today. Now, I think St Mirren winning and our player playing a part would be more satisfying.

And let's be honest here, this current beef with St Mirren is more about Hearts fans getting annoyed by their fans being all over every social media thread about Hearts like a rash and their club acting like immature pricks on social media. As I said it's very possible Robbie and others at the club have not seen this. St Mirren are trying to invent a rivalry against us, let's not encourage them.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Ok I get you maybe too young but surely you have read the posts on this. They lay down to Celtic and at the end of the game their players celebrated with the Celtic players on the pitch.

In no way will I and many others forgive or forget what that scummy club did on that day or subsequently with recent demotion/reconstruction votes.

Do you expect anything less from 2 scummy clubs from the west though? 

Shocks me that you witnessed that stuff in 86 yet can still be surprised what happened surrounding the vote. 

That's cool, you can hold your grudges for eternity, the reality stands however, 86 was hearts own fault, and the downward trajectory that resulted in us ending the season bottom of the league, was entirely our own doing too. 

I'd prefer we stopped blaming anyone and everyone and took some responsibility for the position we find ourselves in. 

I won't be getting all riled up about a back up keeper getting loaned out for a week or 2.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

For nothing? Would be nice but unlikely. 

If he's that desperate for game time? 🤷‍♂️

We could roll with Gordon and Stewart and if the need arises I'm sure St Mirren would be glad to loan us an emergency goalie...doubtful 🙃

Brighton Jambo
21 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

You're all over the place trying to firefight this bizarre decision. The crux of the matter is Hearts used the "only Hearts" slogan as a way to create a siege mentality and sell season tickets only to bend over at the first time of asking. It's a kick in the baws to the fans.

But in doing this we are potentially shaft Hibs, which I care about way more than shafting St Mirren.  

Just now, Beast Boy said:

You said you were shit at making tea. 

I am, but I’m sorry about not finding the thread. Might have another look later after I cut the grass. 

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

If he's that desperate for game time? 🤷‍♂️

We could roll with Gordon and Stewart and if the need arises I'm sure St Mirren would be glad to loan us an emergency goalie...doubtful 🙃

Good point. Now we’ve helped them out I’m sure they’ll reciprocate in our time of need. Feel better already. 

It's a bad decision, and whoever made the call needs a lesson in public relations.  The fans were united like I haven't seen in a long time, and in one stroke we are divided again, and it was our own Club who did it.

St. Mirren stabbed us in the back, deliberately, cheerfully, and repeatedly ... and now our management wants to help them?  **** St. Mirren now and always; I hope they rot and the sooner the better.  And the people who run our Club should feel the same way.

Whatever trivial benefit we get from a poor keeper getting some extra game time is greatly offset by the sense of betrayal by many fans.

Hearts have blown this one.

2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

But in doing this we are potentially shaft Hibs, which I care about way more than shafting St Mirren.  

We could just leave it up to the pair of those shitebags to see who ends up shafted. 

Edited by GinRummy

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

If St Mirren win and Bobby plays a part, will everyone's view stay the same? If St Mirren is our main rival now in the eyes of most fans, the club should be told. In normal times a move like this would absolutely be looked on as us trying to do some thing to hurt Hibs.

I think it's the idea of loaning any of our players to help out any SPL club that's annoying most fans not the fact that it's St Mirren per say . 

5 minutes ago, iainmac said:

The manager you quoted "making it personal" mentioned "Moneyspinner" in his previous time here.

Maybe the manager is happy for him to go and with no other takers sees this as a chance to get rid ? Moneyspinning or not. 

Brighton Jambo

Reverse the scenario, we are due to play a club with no fit keepers and on the eve of the game Hibs lend them a keeper.  We would be raging.  

letsalllaughathobos
1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Why, we just shafted Hibs big time.  

Wake up, we are not in same league as hibs, 

We need to look after no.1 not gifting players out for a week to a covid ridden club, 

A total slap in the face to everyone who has put money in since relegation, 

I've had sent the bawbags a bottle of calpol and told them to take their medicine.

Very disappointed in Hearts helping out anybody in the top flight, especially Midden.

Haringshairband

:fth:I don't care about Hibs this season. They are even more irrelevant. It's about principles.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, ramrod said:

I think it's the idea of loaning any of our players to help out any SPL club that's annoying most fans not the fact that it's St Mirren per say . 

At the end of the day those decisions will be made for purely football and budget reasons.

I mean what the **** are the club thinking? Who is making this decision? Budge? Neilson? McKinlay? Disgraceful and the fan base are back hating the club yet again, after somewhat coming together for a fresh start. Regardless, Budge out. She has been taking the utter piss for years. 

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, ramrod said:

And I would agree if the next Sit Mirren game was against say Motherwell.  

but the fact we may have helped disrupt Hibs pleases me greatly 

Captain Sausage

Yet again Ann spectacularly misjudges the supports feelings. 

Ridiculous decision. Could almost understand it if we’d forced Zlamal on them for the whole season at full wages, but we’ve effectively just helped out a club who was, this very week, ripping the pish out of us on Twitter. 

Get ****ed Ann. 

3 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

It's a bad decision, and whoever made the call needs a lesson in public relations.  The fans were united like I haven't seen in a long time, and in one stroke we are divided again, and it was our own Club who did it.

St. Mirren stabbed us in the back, deliberately, cheerfully, and repeatedly ... and now our management wants to help them?  **** St. Mirren now and always; I hope they rot and the sooner the better.  And the people who run our Club should feel the same way.

Whatever trivial benefit we get from a poor keeper getting some extra game time is greatly offset by the sense of betrayal by many fans.

Where I’m at with the whole thing.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I am, but I’m sorry about not finding the thread. Might have another look later after I cut the grass. 

Oh, sarcasm, cool. I thought you were saying ‘pardon’. 

letsalllaughathobos
Just now, Famous 1874 said:

I mean what the **** are the club thinking? Who is making this decision? Budge? Neilson? McKinlay? Disgraceful and the fan base are back hating the club yet again, after somewhat coming together for a fresh start. Regardless, Budge out. She has been taking the utter piss for years. 

The new CEO should have put a stop to this and earned massive respect from the fans now looks like a yes man collecting a wage

HEARTS FOREVER

Why, we just shafted Hibs big time.  

We shouldn't be helping that horrible bunch of *****. As far as I'm concerned its a major kick in the teeth for the fans. 

**** Hibs too.

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, letsalllaughathobos said:

Wake up, we are not in same league as hibs, 

We need to look after no.1 not gifting players out for a week to a covid ridden club, 

A total slap in the face to everyone who has put money in since relegation, 

Not to me I like the fact we have done something deliberately to piss Hibs off.  I couldn’t care less whether we are in a different division, they are our rivals and this could hurt them.  

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Captain Sausage said:

Yet again Ann spectacularly misjudges the supports feelings. 

Ridiculous decision. Could almost understand it if we’d forced Zlamal on them for the whole season at full wages, but we’ve effectively just helped out a club who was, this very week, ripping the pish out of us on Twitter. 

Get ****ed Ann. 

It will have been the football team who will have decided this, not Ann. St Mirren ask is for a loan player. We have one we either want to get rid of or who we want to assess in competitive action.

4 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Exactly. It begs the question:

Did they realise how much this would annoy the supporters?

They either didn’t, which is pretty poor awareness of the feelings of their customer base. Or they did know, and just thought ‘**** it, who cares?’

Guest ToqueJambo

To put this in perspective, Dundee Utd dealt with us over Neilson (and the coaches) while we were suing them (or weren't but they chose to make it that way). Supporters have their beefs, clubs have to act professionally.

Edited by ToqueJambo

letsalllaughathobos
4 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Not to me I like the fact we have done something deliberately to piss Hibs off.  I couldn’t care less whether we are in a different division, they are our rivals and this could hurt them.  

Hibs will turn them over today regardless if we have them Gordon and if St mirren wins who cares, 

This is not about hibs it's about us fans who back them and back them and back them, 

Edited by letsalllaughathobos