No self respect / backbone

Selkirkhmfc1874

letsalllaughathobos
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It will have been the football team who will have decided this, not Ann. St Mirren ask is for a loan player. We have one we either want to get rid of or who we want to assess in competitive action.

But this would have went through the higher management first before Robbie, 

They would then have told Robbie of said situation then Robbie makes decision, 

Whoever passed to Robbie should have had half a brain to say this isn't going to go down well, 

Personally I think this would have been done through new CEO rather than Ann, (just my opinion) 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

letsalllaughathobos
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

To put this in perspective, Dundee Utd dealt with us over Neilson while we were suing them (or weren't but they chose to make it that way). 

We are not Dundee united we are Heart of Midlothian, put that into perspective

7 minutes ago, letsalllaughathobos said:

The new CEO should have put a stop to this and earned massive respect from the fans now looks like a yes man collecting a wage

Alarm bells ringing already. This should have been a straightforward no answer. What will he be like when he actually has a big decision to make? 

letsalllaughathobos
Just now, Famous 1874 said:

Alarm bells ringing already. This should have been a straightforward no answer. What will he be like when he actually has a big decision to make? 

Crumble again, 

Just now, Famous 1874 said:

He was the one who in his opening interview seemed to be keen on rebuilding relationships if I remember correctly. 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, letsalllaughathobos said:

But this would have went through the higher management first before Robbie, 

They would then have told Robbie of said situation then Robbie makes decision, 

Whoever passed to Robbie should have had half a brain to say this isn't going to go down well, 

Personally I think this would have been done through new CEO rather than Ann, (just my opinion) 

No I highly doubt that. If it had gone through the new CEO he has already stated we have to work with the other teams despite the ill will.

In any case, St Mirren took down their petty #heartbreaker Tweet. They're the ones who came crawling to us. We acted like the bigger club, which we are no matter how enjoyable it would have bene to everyone, including me, to have told them to do one.

We've basically given a goalie none of our fans think is any good to St Mirren. They'll either lose with that playing a part  - haha to them - or we'll have helped them get a result against our real rivals.

Edited by ToqueJambo

letsalllaughathobos
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

No I highly doubt that. If it had gone through the new CEO he has already stated we have to work with the other teams despite the ill will.

In any case, St Mirren took down their petty #heartbreaker Tweet. They're the ones who came crawling to us. We acted like the bigger club, which we are no matter how enjoyable it would have bene to everyone, including me, to have told them to do one.

We've basically given a goalie none of our fans think is any good to St Mirren. They'll either lose with that playing a part  - haha to them - or we'll have helped them get a result against our real rivals.

You are entitled to your opinion mate, but I totally disagree, have a good day, 

13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

To put this in perspective, Dundee Utd dealt with us over Neilson (and the coaches) while we were suing them (or weren't but they chose to make it that way). Supporters have their beefs, clubs have to act professionally.

So did Celtic act professionally when they refused to do business with us over Gordon in January? We could easily have just said "no sorry, he isn't available" to St Mirren. There would have been nothing unprofessional about that.

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's quite understandable everyone throwing toys out the pram etc.  Where it really matters is on the pitch and I'll be much happier if Hearts blow everyone else away this season.  We could have knee jerked with this but I think we've done the right thing here and at least it's interesting a club who were presumably happy enough with our ruling body have now seen them in  their true colours.  We saw that months ago.

Nelly Terraces
2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Only Hearts lasted until the Hearts supporters poured there money into the club with FOH monthly subs at record levels 2 months in a row , 11.500+ season tickets sold , strips selling well and the restaurants , bar etc doing well apparantly.

The decision to loan zlamal to st lie down is a smack in the face to the Hearts supporters yet again and once again demonstrates the powers that be inside Tynecastle don't give a flowing fcuk about us and only use logos like Only Hearts to suit there agenda which was to avoid alot more criticism after last seasons shambles and to sell season tickets , strips and various other things !! I'm absolutely disgusted that the decision makers within Tynecastle are once again showing total disregard for the very supporters who pump in excess of 150k into the club on a monthly basis and at every stage have backed the football club. SHAME ON THEM

Totally agree. 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

So did Celtic act professionally when they refused to do business with us over Gordon in January? We could easily have just said "no sorry, he isn't available" to St Mirren. There would have been nothing unprofessional about that.

We could have yes, I suspect we just made a simple football decision that gives Neilson a chance to assess Bobby in a competitive game and maybe gives Bobby a chance to earn a move if we do want to move him on, which would help us financially. WIth the added bonus of maybe helping another club beat our rivals.

Edited by ToqueJambo

letsalllaughathobos

Hibs 2-0 up zlamal is hopeless to be fair, 

I'm watching the game and should have really done better at first goal and the 2nd is poor defending and goal keeping, 

portobellojambo1

I think part of the issue with this is possibly that it is an emergency loan, and may last for as little as 7/10 days, but is being promoted as Zlamal getting game time. Is he, are Hearts, going to benefit from him playing a maximum of maybe 2 games for St Mirren or could that time have been better spent on him getting additional in depth training up at Riccarton and a Feck You, Only Hearts, reply being sent to St Mirren

wattie exploited
2 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

Say what you want about Vladimir Romanov, but he was vastly more aligned to the support than anyone currently at the club.

yeah he was the trump of football and would have told them to bolt  lol ! :rifle:

joondalupjambo

What happens if this puts Bobby in the shop window, he plays a blinder, saves a penalty and then gets sold next week for 100k say, would that be good business?  Hearts may already have a possible buyer and they buyers just want to see him in action, fit and playing before signing him.

Now I know that is all a long shot and very much hypothetical but what if that was true.   What if we suddenly do it for a business reason?  Hearts are a business and so supporters might need to stomach a few things they do not like.

I am torn to be honest because I always try to see if there is a bigger picture with things but helping that mob also seems a really senseless move given the recent history especially with the Only Hearts tagline.

Tough one.

portobellojambo1
Just now, joondalupjambo said:

What happens if this puts Bobby in the shop window, he plays a blinder, saves a penalty and then gets sold next week for 100k say, would that be good business?  Hearts may already have a possible buyer and they buyers just want to see him in action, fit and playing before signing him.

Now I know that is all a long shot and very much hypothetical but what if that was true.   What if we suddenly do it for a business reason?  Hearts are a business and so supporters might need to stomach a few things they do not like.

I am torn to be honest because I always try to see if there is a bigger picture with things but helping that mob also seems a really senseless move given the recent history especially with the Only Hearts tagline.

Tough one.

I'm guessing he ain't going to play a blinder, Hibs are 2-0 up after less than 20 minutes.

wattie exploited
1 minute ago, joondalupjambo said:

Tough one.

plays a blinder  yeah he has let in 2 goals in the first 25 mins lol:rifle:

Just now, portobellojambo1 said:

I'm guessing he ain't going to play a blinder, Hibs are 2-0 up after less than 20 minutes.

🤣

I shouldn't laugh but still.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

To be fair on Bobby, he will only have met his team mates an hour ago.

wattie exploited
Just now, portobellojambo1 said:

beat me to it lol :rifle:

2 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Tough one.

There's no bigger picture mate. They either don't understand the mood of the fans. And that's something Budge has demonstrated on a regular basis for years. Or they don't care, which would arguably be worse.

3 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Hearts are a business and so supporters might need to stomach a few things they do not like.

Hearts are also a football club. The board would do well to remember that at times. 

From the BBC  🤣🤣

Not a great start to life in Paisley for Bobby Zlamal.

Paul McGinn rolls a cross along the six yard box which manages to evade two St Mirren defenders and find the knee of Kevin Nisbet. It bounces off him and rolls under the trailing leg of Zlamal, who had gone down quite early

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Must have had awful amnesia before that, then. Looked like he’d only met his Team mates an hour before kick off every time he pulled on a Hearts shirt.

51 minutes ago, iainmac said:

We are in this situation BECAUSE the Board were too spineless to deal with the management situation & too busy "building bridges" with clubs like Hibs who couldn't wait to put the boot in. Most people have moved on from that BUT this just demonstrates (to me anyway) that no lessons have been learned & we're back to cosying up with the likes of St Mirren - another one who done us in.

Well said Iain.  I am disgusted at the management of my club.  This is no time for building bridges with the likes of St Midden.

7 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Tough one.

Plus the fact st mirren might get the opportunity to help us out some time. Plenty upside in this. 

34 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

To put this in perspective, Dundee Utd dealt with us over Neilson (and the coaches) while we were suing them (or weren't but they chose to make it that way). Supporters have their beefs, clubs have to act professionally.

Robbie said as soon as he knew we were interested that he jumped at the chance to come back to us. What would have been the point in Dundee Utd not allowing him to leave? Regarding the Coaches we all know that Manager's like to take their own guys with them and it suited Unioted once they appointed Mellon to let them go. In fact I believe McCulloch actually resigned saving them the bother.

I am sure St Mirren would have manged to find a Goalkeeper somewhere if we had done the proper thing by our Club and Fans by telling them to bolt and that we did not want to do business. There is nothing unprofessional in that.

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Disagree. Just taking a pragmatic approach imo. 

Ann Budges pragmatism does tend to piss off a lot of her customer base at times though, eh ?

joondalupjambo
5 minutes ago, pablo said:

There's no bigger picture mate. They either don't understand the mood of the fans. And that's something Budge has demonstrated on a regular basis for years. Or they don't care, which would arguably be worse.

Ok I see that but if that is genuinely the case then why do we, the fans fall for it time after time?  Surely all of us who put cash into the club would not keep doing that if your two points are true?   If we felt that we were getting rolled over so many times would we not keep putting our hand in our pockets?

I guess AB will keep doing what she wants until we stop the funding, no?

31 minutes ago, letsalllaughathobos said:

We are not Dundee united we are Heart of Midlothian, put that into perspective

OK, done that. Acting reasonably is a philosophy I am happy with for our club. Down the line and we need an emergency loan keeper, is this decision going to help us? Found the whole #heartbreaker stuff pathetic and fitzpatrick is a fantasist but no issues with us doing this. We act properly, shows up the spfl and others in their self interest. Others need to change, not us. 

Psychedelicropcircle

Sounds like he’s having a mare or should I say just being his usual self! Also the bbc seem to think he’s polish...on the ball as usual! 

1 minute ago, Georgecowie said:

OK, done that. Acting reasonably is a philosophy I am happy with for our club. Down the line and we need an emergency loan keeper, is this decision going to help us? Found the whole #heartbreaker stuff pathetic and fitzpatrick is a fantasist but no issues with us doing this. We act properly, shows up the spfl and others in their self interest. Others need to change, not us. 

Good point. Rival clubs have already proven when they’ve little to gain BUT they have an opportunity to help hearts out they’ll be only too happy to help. Fostering good relations with our rivals is bound to bear fruit. 

26 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I think part of the issue with this is possibly that it is an emergency loan, and may last for as little as 7/10 days, but is being promoted as Zlamal getting game time. Is he, are Hearts, going to benefit from him playing a maximum of maybe 2 games for St Mirren or could that time have been better spent on him getting additional in depth training up at Riccarton and a Feck You, Only Hearts, reply being sent to St Mirren

It's looking like 3 demoralising defeats for Bobby at the moment.  We've wasted testing money on him, training time, got his confidence up a bit possibly, only for St Mirren to get the chance to use him.  Bonkers decision, it should have been a permanent move, I don't care if they would end up with 4 keepers.

27 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Guess what, that's the exscuse we have loaned to them.   They can get off with, "We had a Hearts keeper in goals for the the worst games of the season".  Briliant decision.

highlandjambo3

Just sent this to the club:

“It’s probably been brought to your attention but, thought I’d mention it anyway.  The loan of a keeper to St Mirren is not going down very well in the hearts fan base community.  They were one of the clubs that had a kick at us when we were down.  Contrast how galvanised our support has been over the last few months standing by our beloved club then this loan comes along and fans are saying “we’ve done what!!!”.

Can I ask that you communicate this message upwards please”.

Id suggest if you want to send an e mail with a similar statement......or don’t 

Edited by highlandjambo3

1 minute ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Just sent this to the club:

“It’s probably been brought to your attention but, thought I’d mention it anyway.  The loan of a keeper to St Mirren is not going down very well in the hearts fan base community.  They were one of the clubs that had a kick at us when we were down.  Contrast how galvanised our support has been over the last few months standing by our beloved club then this lone comes along and fans are saying “we’ve done what!!!”.

Can I ask that you communicate this message upwards please”.

Id suggest if you want to send an e mail with a similar statement......or don’t 

Well done Highland Jambo. 

1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Giving our most hated rivals 3 points? 

There is literally zero benefit here to Hearts in doing this. Not one. We should have kept out of it and let St Mirren scramble about elsewhere for a keeper

Other games I meant

I said it throughout the Levien drama budge doesn't have a clue about running the club and doesn't give a **** about us, I was largely insulted and belittled for my views from a good number of posters, I love when my point gets proven for me.

18 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

If Hibs lent anyone a keeper to play against us I would shoot ma duff because they are, as history tells us, totally gantin. 

True, but can you just imagine if, a few seasons ago, they'd lent US Zibi Malkowski had we needed an emergency 'keeper? After all, 'Zibi is (was) a Jambo'. 😆

Edited by Wee Mikey

gorgie rd eh11
47 minutes ago, Homme said:

Its horrible to see but it's just business.

It's not very good business to **** off the majority of your customers.

I am almost sure the club would have been thinking this would go down great because it’s against hibs. They are so out of touch that the reaction from fans will have taken them bus surprise. 

Whilst I agree with the sentiment of most fans here I find fuelling this faux rivalry between us and St Mirren the saddest thing about all this.

They've been trying so hard  to be relevant to us and the fact many on here are now being plastered all across the evening news and rival fans forums is giving them everything they want.

The day I become bothered with the likes of St Mirren is the day I give up with football. 

Doctor FinnBarr
1 minute ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Whilst I agree with the sentiment of most fans here I find fuelling this faux rivalry between us and St Mirren the saddest thing about all this.

They've been trying so hard  to be relevant to us and the fact many on here are now being plastered all across the evening news and rival fans forums is giving them everything they want.

The day I become bothered with the likes of St Mirren is the day I give up with football. 

How is it a faux rivalry? I have a rivalry with every other team in Scottish football.