No self respect / backbone

Selkirkhmfc1874

This is a bit devil’s advocate by me.

We have shown that despite all the sh!t we have had in the past months we are still an honourable club and we rise above all the petty bull crap others have thrown our way during the arbitration process. We are better than them and we are seen to be by our actions. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

Hearts loan goalkeeper to St midden, under insrtuctions to let in goals.

St midden go down on goal difference, hibs collapse as usual..........job done.

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

So the loan keeper from Livi can’t be re-loaned. Gordon is injured. Stone is going for an op. Bobby is our only other keeper. We are the only team outside the top league that currently has a game-certified testing programme in place. Bobby was the only keeper in Scotland that St.Mirren could play.  Doubt if many English clubs would hand over a keeper on day 1 of their seasons. 

But why did we decide to loan him to them ? 

7 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Why couldn't have St Mirren went to a Premiership club?

They all probably have three keepers in their squad. If they loan one to St.Mirren and another gets injured or suspended today then they will be short for the next two games. In current climate only those players that are part of a clubs max 30 player bubble can train or play with the first team. We have full time pro’s at the club who have yet to start full-time training because of this. 

7 minutes ago, Jambo no 1 said:

We have shown that despite all the sh!t we have had in the past months we are still an honourable club and we rise above all the petty bull crap others have thrown our way during the arbitration process. We are better than them and we are seen to be by our actions. 

👍

7 minutes ago, Jambo no 1 said:

I want a culture of bitterness and resentment ingrained in the club. No hope of the board taking any of the supports thoughts emotions in to consideration though.

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Are you kidding? 

How is it our problem?  

im being kind, think the club have not appreciated the strength of feeling this would surface..I’m going to put it down to an error of judgement

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

They all probably have three keepers in their squad. If they loan one to St.Mirren and another gets injured or suspended today then they will be short for the next two games. In current climate only those players that are part of a clubs max 30 player bubble can train or play with the first team. We have full time pro’s at the club who have yet to start full-time training because of this. 

The loan was for a week. Their big brothers at Celtic would've no doubt helped them out for letting them take over their shop previously.

Why should we risk our 2nd choice goalkeeper for their benefit? 

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

How is it our problem?  

im being kind, think the club have not appreciated the strength of feeling this would surface..I’m going to put it down to an error of judgement

Didn’t say it was our problem. 

6 minutes ago, iainmac said:

The loan was for a week. Their big brothers at Celtic would've no doubt helped them out for letting them take over their shop previously.

Why should we risk our 2nd choice goalkeeper for their benefit? 

Three games in the week though. One against Celtic so not a likely source for a solution to their problem. 

9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Are you kidding? 

I understood his point and yours. We loaned a keeper to st mirren because they’d struggle to get one elsewhere? Surely the fact they’ve got a problem that only we were in a position to help with is all the more reason NOT to loan him?

Just now, GinRummy said:

I understood his point and yours. We loaned a keeper to st mirren because they’d struggle to get one elsewhere? Surely the fact they’ve got a problem that only we were in a position to help with is all the more reason NOT to loan him?

Yes if you want to be petty. Any club in the world would loan a keeper out to a club if they were the only likely ones able to do so. To have refused because of what happened in the summer would have been understandable but very petty nevertheless. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
23 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

So the loan keeper from Livi can’t be re-loaned. Gordon is injured. Stone is going for an op. Bobby is our only other keeper. We are the only team outside the top league that currently has a game-certified testing programme in place. Bobby was the only keeper in Scotland that St.Mirren could play.  Doubt if many English clubs would hand over a keeper on day 1 of their seasons. 

thats does seem like a bit of a conundrum 

remind me again why we care one jot about it

:lol:

1 minute ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

thats does seem like a bit of a conundrum 

remind me again why we care one jot about it

:lol:

I don’t. Some do it seems 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Yes if you want to be petty. Any club in the world would loan a keeper out to a club if they were the only likely ones able to do so. To have refused because of what happened in the summer would have been understandable but very petty nevertheless. 

In normal times I’d agree with your first sentence 100% but cutting ties entirely with St Mirren would not be petty imo. What happened in the summer will cost the club millions and St Mirren and their tim loving chairman absolutely revelled in it. Baffling to describe refusing to help them as petty. 

2 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

“only hearts”

:rofl:

Unless anyone else needs a wee help before they continue doing everything they can to **** us up.

25 minutes ago, Jambo no 1 said:

Doesn't mean shit.

Ann has done this all through her tenure and when it mattered most every other club turned their backs. Scottish football isn't a place where acting like that leads to success. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

I don’t. Some do it seems 

the club mate - u appear to have answered to others anyway

”petty” not to :lol:

a text book queen ann hearts supporter 

😂

”only hearts (unless it looks a wee bit petty)” - a much more adult statement more befitting of queen Ann’s hearts

57 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

One thing I will say is that we desperately need the season to start. We’ve had next to nothing to be positive or upbeat about for ages. Need the football to get going again 

Nail on head. 

59 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

One thing I will say is that we desperately need the season to start. We’ve had next to nothing to be positive or upbeat about for ages. Need the football to get going again 

Another reason why helping St Mirren is baffling. All it was ever going to do was piss off the supporters who had been united behind the club over a long summer. 

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

In normal times I’d agree with your first sentence 100% but cutting ties entirely with St Mirren would not be petty imo. What happened in the summer will cost the club millions and St Mirren and their tim loving chairman absolutely revelled in it. Baffling to describe refusing to help them as petty. 

Most clubs in Scotland revelled in it. Do we cut ties with all of them?  Bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face. Even after world wars there has to be reconciliation. It’s the bigger and better people that lead the reconciliation. But they don’t forget either. 

55 minutes ago, allystrachan said:

We should have just stayed out of the whole situation. There was no way we could benefit out of this situation. 

the only way we should be doing business with these clubs is if it has a direct benefit to us.

You won’t find me disagreeing.

Just attempting to understand the rationale.

One things for sure - the club will now know the fans anger isn’t going away and we won’t be ‘moving on’.

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Most clubs in Scotland revelled in it. Do we cut ties with all of them?  Bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face. Even after world wars there has to be reconciliation. It’s the bigger and better people that lead the reconciliation. But they don’t forget either. 

I don’t get exactly how having good relations with these clubs benefits us. It’s not to buy there players. They’ll sell to us if the price is right even if the clubs hate each other. Comparing it to the war is a wee bit daft.  

13 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

the club mate - u appear to have answered to others anyway

”petty” not to :lol:

a text book queen ann hearts supporter 

😂

”only hearts (unless it looks a wee bit petty)” - a much more adult statement more befitting of queen Ann’s hearts

This. Moral high ground over football high ground = soft losers. 

13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

You've used "petty" twice in the one post, and I disagree with you.

If there's one thing the Club should have learned this year it's that Scottish football is a dog-eat-dog world, where the only thing that most Scottish clubs care about is self-interest.  And self-interest is their number one priority, even if it means inflecting unnecessary and avoidable pain on Hearts..  St. Mirren not only subscribes to that approach, they were one of the ones who led the charge against Hearts.

Recognising the selfish environment that we exist in, and acting in our own self-interest, isn't petty, it's realistic.  We should not to anything to help a competitor, and St. Mirren is a competitor of ours.  Helping them in any way is like bringing tea and biscuits to a gun fight.

51 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

When you put it like that, even more of to come to the conclusion of telling them to GTF. 

Leveins Battalion
6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes we cut ties hence the Only Hearts PR push.

For those that say , If we had refused the loan it would make us look petty, not rising above it,being the bigger team,childish etc

I’m not bothered how it looks to anyone other teams, other fans ,they can all take a flying **** .

I can’t believe sm had the nerve to ask and I’m absolutely dumbfounded that we agreed to it.

if one swift decision  hearts  have started to unravel all the goodwill with the fans and the club for the 1st time in years.
It finally  felt we were all pulling in the right direction and I think hearts have gravely underestimated how most of the fans will feel about this.

10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Romanticised garbage.

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t get exactly how having good relations with these clubs benefits us. It’s not to buy there players. They’ll sell to us if the price is right even if the clubs hate each other. Comparing it to the war is a wee bit daft.  

Not really. This summer was a bit like a war in Scottish football. 

2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Yes we cut ties hence the Only Hearts PR push.

Only Hearts, was I think, largely aimed at those clubs in the championship that voted us down so they would get our fans money this coming season. Not sure Only Hearts means our fans never going to away games when back in the top league. That’s one sure fire way to kill the club. 

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not really. This summer was a bit like a war in Scottish football. 

Fair enough mate. We’re fairly far apart on this so I’ll just leave it there 👍

Just now, GinRummy said:

Fair enough mate. We’re fairly far apart on this so I’ll just leave it there 👍

👍 everyone is entitled to their opinion. Even on here, though at times I wonder. 

I did not think the Zlamal loan was a bad idea as I believe the real enemy sits on the SPFL board. I think much like Budge/Robbie I have misjudged the feelings of the Hearts supporters in General.  

6 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Only Hearts lasted until the Hearts supporters poured there money into the club with FOH monthly subs at record levels 2 months in a row , 11.500+ season tickets sold , strips selling well and the restaurants , bar etc doing well apparantly.

The decision to loan zlamal to st lie down is a smack in the face to the Hearts supporters yet again and once again demonstrates the powers that be inside Tynecastle don't give a flowing fcuk about us and only use logos like Only Hearts to suit there agenda which was to avoid alot more criticism after last seasons shambles and to sell season tickets , strips and various other things !! I'm absolutely disgusted that the decision makers within Tynecastle are once again showing total disregard for the very supporters who pump in excess of 150k into the club on a monthly basis and at every stage have backed the football club. SHAME ON THEM

I am with you on this. Absolutely shocking. 

been here before
2 hours ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

It's not very good business to **** off the majority of your customers.

Based on what?

The same few empty vessels on here?

Edited by been here before

Haven’t read through 10 pages but does nobody else feel that if Premiership games start to be postponed because a goalkeeper tests positive and therefore his colleagues must self isolate then that could have serious repercussions on Hearts? We’ve actually done a good thing by ourselves here by ensuring there was not (yet) a precedent of cancelling matches for the remainder of the season. God only knows what our fate is if the Premiership season has problems being completed. 

If Bobby plays for us this season I’ll be gutted, tbh, so this could even be a shop window for him. A blinder against Celtic then off to warm the bench at MK Dons with Robbie’s glowing recommendation...

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Based on what?

The same few empty bessels on here?

Yep first rule of business, piss everyone off. Look at BP and BT, everyone absolutely hates them and they’re padded. 

2 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Haven’t read through 10 pages but does nobody else feel that if Premiership games start to be postponed because a goalkeeper tests positive and therefore his colleagues must self isolate then that could have serious repercussions on Hearts? We’ve actually done a good thing by ourselves here by ensuring there was not (yet) a precedent of cancelling matches for the remainder of the season. God only knows what our fate is if the Premiership season has problems being completed. 

If Bobby plays for us this season I’ll be gutted, tbh, so this could even be a shop window for him. A blinder against Celtic then off to warm the bench at MK Dons with Robbie’s glowing recommendation...

👍

Leveins Battalion
4 minutes ago, been here before said:

Based on what?

Open your eyes,its all over every social media platform.. 

In fact the EEN are running a story about how pissed off Hearts fans are.

Think you are the empty vessel chief.

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

If he is he is one of many on here, you and I included I suspect. 

8 minutes ago, been here before said:

Based on what?

Having a laugh. You don’t even believe that yourself. You know very well that the vast majority of fans will not be happy about it. 

been here before
10 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

As a grown up I pay little heed to 'social media'. I would imagine though that a fair amount moaning about it here are also doing likewise in 'social media' though. That foesnt mean its more supporters though.

The evening news might well be running a story. Are they claiming the "majority" of Hearts fans are pissed off though?

Or is that just hyperbole posted on here with no foundation?

Edited by been here before

Ainsley Harriott
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

This has nothing to do with Budge.

Yes it does she could have easily decided to engage doing business with scum bag clubs 

Regardless of the club, we should not be lending players to any of those clubs who ****** us over and then laughed in our face.

I would feel the same way if it was Motherwell, Kilmarnock, Hamilton etc. 

There was no "rivalry" with St.Bribery, just utter contempt. Those other clubs who conspired against us are now in the same boat, with those *****. They are all beneath contempt, for ever.

Any roaster at the club who thinks we are going to forgive and forget is surely on drugs.

All, of course, in my opinion.