No self respect / backbone

Selkirkhmfc1874

19 minutes ago, communist said:

Really not bothered about it. They'll be paying us something. 

He's a decent keeper, but it'd amuse me greatly if he had a few howlers whilst there. He's capable of it. 

This 

grown men getting upset at this is just weird

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

It’s a large part of the market we shop in for a start. Lost track of the players from these clubs that people on here say we should be signing. Just saying for footballing reasons the club has to keep a working relationship with these clubs. Might feel shite but that’s the reality. 

I don’t think we need to keep a working relationship with them. If we want to buy a player from them then they’ll sell if it benefits them. We’ve loaned one of the loudest, cheekiest backstabbing clubs a player which benefits them and offers us an absolutely minimal benefit. 

4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

It’s a large part of the market we shop in for a start. Lost track of the players from these clubs that people on here say we should be signing. Just saying for footballing reasons the club has to keep a working relationship with these clubs. Might feel shite but that’s the reality. 

Who was the last  player We signed from st mirren?

1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

This 

It is weird. Trolling hearts fans and pretending to attend games is perfectly normal though. 

Haringshairband
1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

This 

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You are not a Hearts fan.

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Where I am. Some fans do have to realise that the club is not a 20-something social media addict. It's a professional outfit that won't be making decisions based on grudges between fan groups at any particular time or for social media giggles and oneupmanship.

If they don't make decisions at least in part based on the views of their customers then they should really consider whether running a customer facing business is the line of work they should be in.

5 minutes ago, David Black said:

Are we to assume that it never even entered the head of who is responsible for this decision, that it may get the reaction it has. Are they that stupid. If they are then they should be nowhere near the club. For the last 2 years the club seem to take one step forward and two steps back. Are they incapable of ever learning.

They either didn't realise what the reaction would be, or realised and did it anyway. Neither of these scenarios reflect well on whoever made the decision. 

Needlessly pissing off a large number of your customers is never a good business strategy.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Where I am. Some fans do have to realise that the club is not a 20-something social media addict. It's a professional outfit that won't be making decisions based on grudges between fan groups at any particular time or for social media giggles and oneupmanship.

What about Tony Fitzpatrick statement about us deserving to go down? That was their Chief Executive direct to the press, not fans on social media.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It is weird. Trolling hearts fans and pretending to attend games is perfectly normal though. 

🤔

1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

If they don't make decisions at least in part based on the views of their customers then they should really consider whether running a customer facing business is the line of work they should be in.

That's the problem - who represents the customers on that Board?

Full of Finance & Legal types.

Just now, pablo said:

What about Tony Fitzpatrick statement about us deserving to go down? That was their Chief Executive direct to the press, not fans on social media.

If hearts had refused to deal with st mirren and made it public, some of the same people defending this stupid decision would be on this thread saying how well the club had done. 

Whitburn Hearts

Hearts board / management are so out of touch with how Hearts supporters are feeling .

Disgraceful decision .

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

I don't think this was a needed thing to do as we could easily have said we don't want to risk Bobby getting injured, but we do want him off the payroll we have to assume and it will save us a bit of money.

The other thing is, for months people have been saying Zlamal is a shocker of a keeper (I actually never agreed with that). So how exactely are we "helping" St Mirren by giving them him?

I get it, folk don't want us to loan players to anyone etc, etc, but we still have to operate in Scottish football. Like countries have to be diplomatic and shake hands with dictators in front of cameras we have to play the game somewhat. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

If hearts had refused to deal with st mirren and made it public, some of the same people defending this stupid decision would be on this thread saying how well the club had done. 

spot on

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

My point is we need to separate social media from the real world. In terms of customers' views, I thought most Hearts fans didn't;t rate Zlamal and wanted him gone. What do we care where he goes?

Edited by ToqueJambo

At a time when the club and board have had overwhelming backing from the fans in spite of what we've seen unfold over the last few years. Then they go and do this. 

This is a minor in the grand scheme of things, but another example of those in charge not getting the club at all. We'll go absolutely nowhere until there are changes at the top. 

23 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Fireman Sam, Dave.

Whether you have encouragement from anyone else is another matter, but when it comes to the board receiving any form of criticism, you're at forefront trying to put out the fire.

Coming from the same work sector  background as Ann Budge ( though exponentially less successful ) I maybe look at issues in a similar possibly not focussing on the more softer/emotional aspects. 

To be fair, I was one of the very few on here who was not positive on taking the SPFL to court over the covid outcome due to my view on the likely outcomes and the huge costs. However I did eventually get on board as I assumed the club must have received pretty solid Legal advice and accepted, and were able to absorb,  the huge cost if it likely failed. 

Either way, these are my own opinions, freely given whether people like them or not. And I accept that people don’t Like them most of the time. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

True.

57 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I agree although still loathe must clubs. 

I spend as much time considering teams like St Mirren as I do considering what my sh$*e would taste like on toast. And that's the same with most Scottish clubs nowardays.

We loan them Bobby. Fine. No problem with that. What I do spend time looking at is how Robbie is reshaping and preparing the team.

I would have been bothered if we had acted like a petty wee guy shitestain club ala hibs. And we havent in this case.

Why this upsets fans is beyond me. Why give a flying $&$; about what's happening with St Mirren and the spl. The championship is where its at this season.

18Jambo_dave74
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

I don't think this was a needed thing to do as we could easily have said we don't want to risk Bobby getting injured, but we do want him off the payroll we have to assume and it will save us a bit of money.

The other thing is, for months people have been saying Zlamal is a shocker of a keeper (I actually never agreed with that). So how exactely are we "helping" St Mirren by giving them him?

I get it, folk don't want us to loan players to anyone etc, etc, but we still have to operate in Scottish football. Like countries have to be diplomatic and shake hands with dictators in front of cameras we have to play the game somewhat. 

St Mirren have asked for him on an emergency loan - we have agreed.

That is helping them.

4 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

🤔

Was a feeble attempt at some light hearted sarcasm directed at someone who wouldn’t know the inside of tynecastle from Easter Road 😀

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

You quite obviously don't get it. You're no different to whoever took the decision. 

Guest ToqueJambo

I would have for the laugh. But really I couldn't care less what we do with Bobby given he's a player we're trying to move on and fans don't rate him.

And I genuinely think the club may not realise the depth of ill will against ST Mirren in particular. We're loaning a team playing Hibs a goalie, they may have looked at it that way. I tend to try to give the club. the benefit of the doubt as they obviously don't genuinely want to piss off supporters.

4 minutes ago, iainmac said:

That's the problem - who represents the customers on that Board?

Full of Finance & Legal types.

In theory, Stuart Wallace and Donald Cummings. I'll say no more. I have argued the point you make about both boards being full of Finance and Legal types many times. 

21 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Where did that working relationship get us in the summer?

This benefits St.Mirren only.

Will we have to buy/sell to these clubs, yes, but here we are helping a club out the shit with zero benefit to us.

It's not really about Zlamal to be honest. As a footballing decision it's fine, or would be in normal times. These aren't normal times and the club should have known how much angst they could have saved from the fans by just saying no. It's a baffling decision. 

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

My point is we need to separate social media from the real world.

People on social media are also real world customers. It's clear that lots of JKB posters are season ticket holders and FOH donors.

You said that your non-scientific check in with supporters who don't spend their time on jkb found they are happy with this decision. I've done a similar non-scientifc check in with friends and found the opposite. When they heard it was a 7 day loan not for the season they think it's a crazy decision.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

This is a minor in the grand scheme of things,

This is all that really needs to be said. And if Bobby saves a penalty and Hibs drop a couple of positions it'll be forgotten and indeed celebrated. Or are we to assume the Hearts board now has to focus on St Mirren as our main rival because of the current beef between the fan groups?

Was a feeble attempt at some light hearted sarcasm directed at someone who wouldn’t know the inside of tynecastle from Easter Road 😀

No, I got it. I have been saying it for years now. I’ll PM you.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

It's not really about Zlamal to be honest. As a footballing decision it's fine, or would be in normal times. These aren't normal times and the club should have known how much angst they could have saved from the fans by just saying no. It's a baffling decision. 

This is my point. The beef between Hearts and St Mirren is a social media thing. They genuinely may not know that. St Mirren are playing Hibs. We loan St Mirren a goalie we want to leave anyhow to help St Mirren get a result against Hibs. That may very well be the simplistic way they looked at it because they don't spend their days trawling social media (thank christ). As I said before, if they made decisions based on social media Robbie never would have come back.

Edited by ToqueJambo

I would have for the laugh. But really I couldn't care less what we do with Bobby given he's a player we're trying to move on and fans don't rate him.

And I genuinely think the club may not realise the depth of ill will against ST Mirren in particular. We're loaning a team playing Hibs a goalie, they may have looked at it that way. I tend to try to give the club. the benefit of the doubt as they obviously don't genuinely want to piss off supporters.

Makes some sense mate. I thought it was a really poor decision but I appreciate you always try and see the clubs side of things and can’t criticise you for that. I wish the club could keep a constant connection to the fans and we could move forward with some unity but it’ll probably never happen and as long as the first team is winning games it’ll not matter too much. Just disappointed with the clubs actions (again).☹️

Not bothered at all.

Like others have said, it would petty as **** if we refuse teams players.

We're showing class IMO and we should be building bridges, petty behaviour could damage us long term.

4 minutes ago, David Black said:

In theory, Stuart Wallace and Donald Cummings. I'll say no more. I have argued the point you make about both boards being full of Finance and Legal types many times. 

None of them have a customer orientated background.

Finance & Legal.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Where did that working relationship get us in the summer?

This benefits St.Mirren only.

Will we have to buy/sell to these clubs, yes, but here we are helping a club out the shit with zero benefit to us.

It hurts Hibs potentially. Which would you prefer more? I was actually undecided before this game who I wanted to lose more. Now I'll accept Bobby taking out a Hibs player or two and scoring an own goal in the last minute for a draw.

1 hour ago, Haringshairband said:

Pathetic from the club. Spineless board.

Just another awful decision after everything that has happened to us recently.

The board has the backbone of a slinky.

Just now, DG_HMFC said:

Not bothered at all.

Like others have said, it would petty as **** if we refuse teams players.

We're showing class IMO and we should be building bridges, petty behaviour could damage us long term.

we have been damaged, well for a season and that lot, st liedown never helped our cause,

1 minute ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Maybe zmal can kick the ball in his own net 

Giving our most hated rivals 3 points? 

There is literally zero benefit here to Hearts in doing this. Not one. We should have kept out of it and let St Mirren scramble about elsewhere for a keeper. 

4 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

That’s exactly where I am. It’s a logical footballing decision but, given recent events, a completely illogical business decision. Bonkers