Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed

Sertse

David Black
18 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I wonder if they'd simply decided we wanted rid as didn't justify his wage but knew would never get a fee for him, so were trying to force him to get a move and waive severence.

But now, if he's still here, playing him means we need to sign one less player, so can focus more money in to the ones we want, if that makes sense.

Like, we risk another season of paying a guy to do jackshit, taking up a wage, or we actually play the guy, don't need to recruit there and can focus more budget on quality CH.

Just a thought.  And it'll all be about getting the best out of him - but frankly no different to anyone else in our squad who we've sold short on their ability.  That's what needs to change - start playing to our players' strengths

Couldn't agree more . Just look at Uche and how he has progressed since leaving. While not world class he must have been good enough last season to command that fee. I don't know what Damour's best position is, but RN should. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Sertse

• Last Laff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

So why has he not been playing? (Don't expect you to know the answer to that!)

Too good for the Championship or he wasn't the kind of midfielder suited to playing shite every week?

Would be nice if we could get a tune out of him. 

A bizarre thing to say but such is the modern day footballer. Delicate wee flowers, many of them, who must be gently coaxed into playing the game they're paid to play. 

And why the feck do we keep signing them?

4 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Hup, and and me too.

Haring sweeping behind the other two who have a bit of license to get beyond and into box. That's a midfield with energy

Does it fit a 3 at back though? Kinda got too many wingers? Where do gms and gino fit in?

A 433 would suit our squad better in a way

Opshuns!

If we went 3-5-2 then one of GMS or Gino would play through the middle with Boyce.

Edited by andrew

41 minutes ago, martoon said:

Would be nice if we could get a tune out of him. 

A bizarre thing to say but such is the modern day footballer. Delicate wee flowers, many of them, who must be gently coaxed into playing the game they're paid to play. 

And why the feck do we keep signing them?

Because they wouldn't come to the club with the pedigree they have unless theyre half crippled?  See Aidy.

4 hours ago, David Black said:

Only RN knows the answer to that. If he is good enough then he plays, if he is not , he doesn't. Just like any player. 

He was injured for a large part fo the season.

5 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

What's most worrying to me about this post is that there's a member of the coaching staff that thinks Damour is better than Haring.

:wow:

He has certainly played, successfully, at a much higher level. 

5 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Injured from virtually the start of Neilson’s time until we’ll after Xmas. Spent a large part of time rehabbing in France

Dennis Reynolds
4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Injured from virtually the start of Neilson’s time until we’ll after Xmas. Spent a large part of time rehabbing in France

No he wasn't 🤣

He played in the pre-season friendlies and a quick look on his social media profiles shows he was in the Hearts gym around October. Then in December he was back in full training with Hearts, as Robbie said himself, only a few weeks away from playing. He then got punted to train with the youth team. This whole fallacy that he was injured needs put to bed. He just wasn't picked.

19 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He has certainly played, successfully, at a much higher level. 

5 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

I'm not sure about the far higher level bit, Damour went from the French 2nd tier to the English 2nd tier, and despite the impression you sometimes get on here that he basically singlehandedly won Cardiff promotion, he actually started less than 40% of the games in their promotion winning team, and in the season he spent in the EPL he made a grand total of 2 substitute appearances.

Haring played in the Austrian 2nd tier, and I've no idea how that compares to the French or English 2nd tiers.

I do agree about him playing though, either find the cash to pay him off, or try and get the best out of him on the pitch, but paying him to train with the U18s and sit in the stand is the worst of the options available.

Which is the much higher level Damour has played successfully at?

But even if that (arguable) point is true, I think you'd struggle to find many Hearts fans that would rate Damour above Haring. Do you?

Rick Sanchez

If he gets a game this season you'd have to think it was contractual issues. Appearance money or something being triggered?

Boab says he's been working hard over the summer so he must have gave him a lifeline.

15 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Which is the much higher level Damour has played successfully at?

But even if that (arguable) point is true, I think you'd struggle to find many Hearts fans that would rate Damour above Haring. Do you?

He’s clearly not as good as Haring. I do wonder if better (or different, if I’m being kind) coaching would have got better performances from him though. He has played and been at least partly successful at a decent level before he joined us. 

SomethingAboutObua

So hes one of our highest earners who is either

so terrible We didn't even play him for 15 months

So expensive we can't afford to play him

I'm glad we're clearing out but jesus christ, terrifying to think how the player part of the club was being run 

I'm a bit torn on this. If he comes good, it's like having a new signing 👍 and he's been taking the piss out of Hearts :vangry:

Sorry but I don't trust him.

Bazzas right boot
20 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

17 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Too good for the Championship or he wasn't the kind of midfielder suited to playing shite every week?

Possibly appearance money or Contractual issues. 

Possibly not match fit as he looked a bit unfit before. 

He may also have went home during covid so it could have been more mental issues, it was reported on here he went back to France with to see his family. 

Maybe a mix of the above. 

He wasn't missed last season whatever the reason. 

Hopefully he now  kicks on with us or leaves if he doesn't. 

Bazzas right boot
15 hours ago, LMc said:

No he wasn't 🤣

He played in the pre-season friendlies and a quick look on his social media profiles shows he was in the Hearts gym around October. Then in December he was back in full training with Hearts, as Robbie said himself, only a few weeks away from playing. He then got punted to train with the youth team. This whole fallacy that he was injured needs put to bed. He just wasn't picked.

He could have been unfit as opposed to injured. 

23 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The revisionism on this thread tells me we must be close to the bottom by now. The race to acceptance of mediocrity has been won by Budge and the 'football' department. 

We've got to that shit a state where this imposter is being touted as being like a new signing. 

Halkett the new Beckenbauer?

Halliday a yet to be discovered Messi?

Or are they still shite and fans have been Stockholm syndrome'd into thinking the silk purse will be formed from the sow's lug? 

It's human nature to give people another chance. Everyone loves a redemption story and I'm hoping he has one. We are paying him so we may as well give him a chance to show that he has something to offer. 

davemclaren

Neither Levein or Stendel got a much of a tune out of him and Robbie never even took him out  of the case. 

Japan Jambo
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Neither Levein or Stendel got a much of a tune out of him and Robbie never even took him out  of the case. 

Problem is they obviously can't move him on, given that the options are to play him or pay him (very well?) to sit on his arse. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Japan Jambo said:

Problem is they obviously can't move him on, given that the options are to play him or pay him (very well?) to sit on his arse. 

Indeed. 

He used to train with first team then when it came to tactics for weekends game he was pumped to train with youths under John Rankin, used to look miserable trudging over to the main field.

12 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

He used to train with first team then when it came to tactics for weekends game he was pumped to train with youths under John Rankin, used to look miserable trudging over to the main field.

He was doing French / English speaking at Armadale Academy last week on his Twitter being thanked for helping out . I wonder if he is back in Scotland for the forceable or just helping out . 

He looked ok against Spartans I’m all for wiping the slate and giving players fresh chances at Hearts but this guy was terrible when he signed never played or on the bench for 1 game in the championship. I cannot see him playing next season in the premier league but I wouldn’t put anything last Robbie . We need another CM in for the start of the season I just don’t think he is the man even if he has had a heart to heart with Robbie and Joe and decided to try and push for the first team . 

On 02/07/2021 at 10:46, fancy a brew said:

Haring played in the Austrian 2nd tier, and I've no idea how that compares to the French or English 2nd tiers.

You must have a rough idea

2 hours ago, weaz1981 said:

It's human nature to give people another chance. Everyone loves a redemption story and I'm hoping he has one. We are paying him so we may as well give him a chance to show that he has something to offer. 

This will be the third season Ive predicted a player of the season run from him.

So I have a lot invested in this personally

2 hours ago, weaz1981 said:

He still has two years left on his contract so worth giving him a try and if he has the right attitude and tries then he may yet prove to be a good player for us.

When he played in his first season he was ponderous on the ball and wanted too much time losing the ball.

If he is played further forward that might improve his game and give him a bit of confidence which is what Warnock seemed to suggest he needs.

Will he get a game though if we make a couple of signings?

Phil D. Corners
On 02/07/2021 at 00:53, StevenNaismith said:

Sure I’ve posted about this before on here but I asked a member of our coaching staff about LD last year and they told me in their opinion he was the best midfielder at the club. I asked why he wasn’t playing then and i was told it was purely down to trying to get him off the wage bill. Things might have changed now we have trimmed the squad drastically this summer. I’ll remind everyone again, he was absolutely outstanding in the 3-1 win at Easter Road and the cup win against Rangers. I’d like to see him in a 3 with Haring and McEneff and see how he gets on.

Real crazy. I could assume it would have something to do with his wage and appearance bonus. 

Crazy that have deals that mean it’s cheaper to have players not playing. 

• 4 weeks later...

Could it be?

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/french-club-make-move-for-hearts-midfielder-loic-damour-and-could-save-tynecastle-side-ps100000-3325523

French club make move for Hearts midfielder Loic Damour and could save Tynecastle side £100,000

Hearts midfielder Loic Damour is wanted for a return to France in a move which could save the Edinburgh club £100,000.

Hearts midfielder Loic Damour is wanted for a return to France in a move which could save the Edinburgh club £100,000.

Loic Damour is wanted for a return to France.

Third division side Le Mans have proposed a season-long loan with a potential permanent free transfer next summer and Damour is ready to depart Tynecastle Park if terms are finalised.

Hearts could save £100,000 in total from the final two years of the player’s contract if they agree to the deal. Damour arrived in August 2019 on a four-year agreement and is one of the club’s highest earners, however he has not managed a competitive appearance since March 2020.

Le Mans play in France’s Championnat National, the third tier below Ligue 1 and Ligue 2, and are offering Damour regular game time and a fresh start. They are unable to contribute a significant amount of money to his salary as they are part-time.

Edited by Sertse

upgotheheads
1 minute ago, Sertse said:

Could it be?

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/french-club-make-move-for-hearts-midfielder-loic-damour-and-could-save-tynecastle-side-ps100000-3325523

French club make move for Hearts midfielder Loic Damour and could save Tynecastle side £100,000

Sport

Football

Hearts

By Barry Anderson

Tuesday, 27th July 2021, 4:42 pm

Updated

3 hours ago

Third division side Le Mans have proposed a season-long loan with a potential permanent free transfer next summer and Damour is ready to depart Tynecastle Park if terms are finalised.

Hearts could save £100,000 in total from the final two years of the player’s contract if they agree to the deal. Damour arrived in August 2019 on a four-year agreement and is one of the club’s highest earners, however he has not managed a competitive appearance since March 2020.

Le Mans play in France’s Championnat National, the third tier below Ligue 1 and Ligue 2, and are offering Damour regular game time and a fresh start. They are unable to contribute a significant amount of money to his salary as they are part-time.

About his level probably.

Essentially it sounds like we are paying him 90 percent of his wages to play for someone else. Nothing to celebrate, would rather keep him tbh.

TyphoonJambo
6 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Essentially it sounds like we are paying him 90 percent of his wages to play for someone else. Nothing to celebrate, would rather keep him tbh.

I'd have him cleaning the windaes

lost in space
24 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

I think we would pay 90% for the first year only, then we would free him - so our saving would be his last year of his 4 year deal. That's how I read it.

Surely better to pay 90% of his wage to play for someone else than pay 100% for him not to play for us? Savage should be using this as an opening bid and punt him off to someone else in France who will take on a higher percentage of his wages. Let's face it, he is never going to be a regular starter for us is he?

3 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Surely better to pay 90% of his wage to play for someone else than pay 100% for him not to play for us? Savage should be using this as an opening bid and punt him off to someone else in France who will take on a higher percentage of his wages. Let's face it, he is never going to be a regular starter for us is he?

Thing is, he has two years left on his contract. A year long loan would sort us out for one year but we’d then be stuck with him for another year. In an ideal world we’d want him to go their permanently, but in order for that to happen, he would probably have to agree to a drop in wages

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, lost in space said:

I think we would pay 90% for the first year only, then we would free him - so our saving would be his last year of his 4 year deal. That's how I read it.

Why would he give up the last years wages?

4 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Thing is, he has two years left on his contract. A year long loan would sort us out for one year but we’d then be stuck with him for another year. In an ideal world we’d want him to go their permanently, but in order for that to happen, he would probably have to agree to a drop in wages

The way I read the News report there is a permanent deal on the table after this season so I would presume we would only let him go provided we were not at risk of him getting 90% of his wage for part-time work (surely appealing to him given his efforts over the last 18 months) for a season and then him returning to us for the final year of his contract on a full wage to train with the kids. As the report implies Damour is ready to go so if Savage has anything about him he will be emailing every single club in the top 3 French divisions first thing in the morning and alerting all agents with French connections (pun intended) to see if we can better that. Time to get rid of the guy provided we can save some money on his contract over the remaining period, just a case of how much we can save by bidding him au revoir really.  

5 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

The way I read the News report there is a permanent deal on the table after this season so I would presume we would only let him go provided we were not at risk of him getting 90% of his wage for part-time work (surely appealing to him given his efforts over the last 18 months) for a season and then him returning to us for the final year of his contract on a full wage to train with the kids. As the report implies Damour is ready to go so if Savage has anything about him he will be emailing every single club in the top 3 French divisions first thing in the morning and alerting all agents with French connections (pun intended) to see if we can better that. Time to get rid of the guy provided we can save some money on his contract over the remaining period, just a case of how much we can save by bidding him au revoir really.  

👍 good post

lost in space
35 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Why would he give up the last years wages?

It would be a gamble for him. He would hope that during this coming season, he can impress another French team to sign him. Also he would get to play first team football - maybe for years to come.

Alternative is probably no first team football ever again, for 2 years pay.

Loan him to the French club for whatever they can afford, PCM, and Levein can make up the difference.

He squandered it; he pays for it.

Seems reasonable to me.

And before the beLEVEINers launch an attack: aye, I'm still feckin angry at the/my/our money that was pissed up against the wall pursuing his fantasies.

10 minutes ago, martoon said:

And before the beLEVEINers launch an attack: aye, I'm still feckin angry at the/my/our money that was pissed up against the wall pursuing his fantasies.

How long you been sitting in that one? 😂

7 minutes ago, Jamtastico said:

How long you been sitting in that one? 😂

Used it regularly before he was sort of sacked. 

Hoped it might catch on. 

It didn’t.

Thought I'd give it one last outing. 

😊

Given the radio silence on transfers, this is presumably a strategic leak from Savage to try and drum up a bit of interest.

I'd love to see it, but I doubt Damour will forgo a year's wages from Hearts to play part time.

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Where's this 90% number coming from then?

It is an assumption based on the  statement "They are unable to contribute a significant amount of money to his salary as they are part-time." which someone above guessed to be around 10%, could be more, could be less.

1 hour ago, fancy a brew said:

Given the radio silence on transfers, this is presumably a strategic leak from Savage to try and drum up a bit of interest.

I'd love to see it, but I doubt Damour will forgo a year's wages from Hearts to play part time.

It would however be an opportunity for him to play regular football in his home Country and possibly generate a bit of interest in him from better clubs in France. He is at an age where decent contract offers will be limited.

Maybe has one decent contract to come if he can be arsed.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed