Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed

Sertse

Bob Loblaw
16 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Quite interesting to read Neil Warnocks take on Loic,basically he brought him in now and again to stop other teams playing,now if we are playing with 2 sitting midfielders he might be alright.However the game that stood out for me with him was at Tynecastle v Hibs,he was miles off the pace that day.

IMO Neilson and Savage are playing a PR game here,make it look like he is a rejuvinated character,get his name back in the public domain and hopefully find a suitor for him.

He was dreadful in that game at Tynie against Hibs, however he was very good and played a large part in our win at ER.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Sertse

• Last Laff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Mars plastic
1 hour ago, davie1980 said:

So, I predicted he would be last seasons player of the season but it appears he needed a little more time to find his feet in Scottish football.

This season is his year though.

Mark my words!

Deary me.

johnthomas
39 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Watt missing that sitter against Celtic was what did for him.

At least he wasn't wandering aimlessly like he normally did

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
35 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Watt missing that sitter against Celtic was what did for him.

the hearts fans took to Watt much better than I expected - often singing his name and particular in the game at firhill where he scored the equaliser and he got a great reception passing the fans on the way to the tunnel - he also acknowledged this on his twitter that night (in amongst a bunch of pro Celtic stuff :( )

what did for both of them was neilson giving watt a “free role” meaning watt drifted all over the place doing almost none of his good work in a dangerous area and leaving salmon totally isolated

neither probably good enough but poorly used by the neilson - before neilson tactical intervention they were closer together and again watt missed the chance to win in the last minute of the game at aberdeen but sammon was causing havoc with his strength and awkwardness and watt was there to pick up the chances (albeit he missed that one too) - looked like they might have worked to a degree before neilson killed it stone dead

I thought he only had 12months left on his contract so he was looking to play to put himself in the shop window for his next move.

But since he has 24months left then I'm not sure.

I think he played in a few pre season games last year before completely disappearing. 

Hope it's different this year, if I'm remembering correctly about last year.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
3 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

At least he wasn't wandering aimlessly like he normally did

wasnt aimless mate - actively encouraged by coach neilson :(

certainly was ineffective tho

Happy to welcome him back if he can add something positive to our midfield. He could be like a new signing if he realises he’s wasting his career by not playing.

He was incredibly ponderous on the ball at times when I seen him live, but I’ll give him another chance.

I started the thread and I'll say that if he gives 100% then I'd happily have him in the squad. Players sweat and bleed to be part of our team and his previous performances and statements showed he had absolutely no interest. 

If he has indeed turned a corner then I'd say let's get our money's worth out of him and give him the chance to make up for the past 👍

johnthomas
39 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

wasnt aimless mate - actively encouraged by coach neilson :(

certainly was ineffective tho

You say that I don't think that was the case .

Guy has lots of talent no football intelligence

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
20 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

You say that I don't think that was the case .

Guy has lots of talent no football intelligence

neilson was quoted at the time as giving watt a “free role” there was also a noticeable change after in that instead of trying to dribble round 10 players and getting brought down on the edge of the box all that then started to happen closer to the halfway line :(

i agree footballing intelligence was not watt’s strong suit so probably the last thing he needed given was a “free role”

Edited by MoncurMacdonaldMercer

The Future's Maroon
24 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I started the thread and I'll say that if he gives 100% then I'd happily have him in the squad. Players sweat and bleed to be part of our team and his previous performances and statements showed he had absolutely no interest. 

If he has indeed turned a corner then I'd say let's get our money's worth out of him and give him the chance to make up for the past 👍

👏👏👏

i will give him the chance, many won't and fair enough. We have had players who took a bit of time but then done well.

5 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Here's the thing right. This guy has played at a pretty high level, was a mainstay in Cardiff's promotion season from Championship and a good chunk of fans were sad to see him go. 

He is definitely a good footballer otherwise a team like Cardiff would not have signed him and followed up by playing him regularly in an important season for them. 

He has not lived up to his true potential. He has not worked hard enough and has not adapted to the scottish game. However, given his history i know for a fact if he were to leave Hearts he would do well and continue to thrive (Bjorn Johnsen, if you will for example).

I think having him in the team gives us depth, and options. Maybe he will play from the bench, perhaps he will have the season of his life and be a Karapidis for us. Either way, someone posted our wages, and his was  far down on the list of income, not even one of our highest earners - as it appeared. 

New season, new positivity, new sense of success. Hope you kick on Loic

My thoughts too. Here's hoping.

If he can bounce back, all guns blazing, absolutely everyone is a winner, including me.

Who really knows what went wrong.  Maybe he had personal issues.  Seems to me Hearts have treated him particularly well and I hope we are rewarded.

6 hours ago, davie1980 said:

So, I predicted he would be last seasons player of the season but it appears he needed a little more time to find his feet in Scottish football.

This season is his year though.

Mark my words!

Are you American?

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

If he can bounce back, all guns blazing, absolutely everyone is a winner, including me.

Who really knows what went wrong.  Maybe he had personal issues.  Seems to me Hearts have treated him particularly well and I hope we are rewarded.

If he bounces at all I'll be impressed. 

Never seen him in a good Hearts team. Never seen him next to Pete Haring

I’m interested to see how he does

6 minutes ago, R1874 said:

So long as he is not left exposed he could be fine. With Haring behind him he could do ok.

StevenNaismith

Sure I’ve posted about this before on here but I asked a member of our coaching staff about LD last year and they told me in their opinion he was the best midfielder at the club. I asked why he wasn’t playing then and i was told it was purely down to trying to get him off the wage bill. Things might have changed now we have trimmed the squad drastically this summer. I’ll remind everyone again, he was absolutely outstanding in the 3-1 win at Easter Road and the cup win against Rangers. I’d like to see him in a 3 with Haring and McEneff and see how he gets on.

7 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Sure I’ve posted about this before on here but I asked a member of our coaching staff about LD last year and they told me in their opinion he was the best midfielder at the club. I asked why he wasn’t playing then and i was told it was purely down to trying to get him off the wage bill. Things might have changed now we have trimmed the squad drastically this summer. I’ll remind everyone again, he was absolutely outstanding in the 3-1 win at Easter Road and the cup win against Rangers. I’d like to see him in a 3 with Haring and McEneff and see how he gets on.

What? Trying to get him off the wage bill by not playing him? Sorry, but that makes no sense to me.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
8 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

This backs up the rumour that Neilson wanted to play him last season but he couldn’t due to costs I.e. appearance and win bonus costs versus cheaper options 

Its an interesting little side story at least

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

The Future's Maroon
16 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

What? Trying to get him off the wage bill by not playing him? Sorry, but that makes no sense to me.

That’s why folk probably pay a hell of a lot more attention to the poster you quoted rather than yourself wee Mikey 

😉

11 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

That’s why folk probably pay a hell of a lot more attention to the poster you quoted rather than yourself wee Mikey 

😉

Och, I was just thinking that if I had a sellable asset then I'd want to show him off rather than hide him away.

Best midfielder in the club? Play him and get the benefit.

Best midfielder in the club? Would not want to get rid of.

Sorry for being confused. 🤔

The Real Maroonblood
5 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Best midfielder in the club? Play him and get the benefit.

Best midfielder in the club? Would not want to get rid of.

Sorry for being confused. 🤔

They’ll probably extend his contract.

KyleLafferty

I’ve always heard he is unbelievable in training. If it’s due to finances then that’s not neilsons Fault. If he plays hopefully he can perform.

**** me, this waste of space played ok against Uphall United and Ratho Rovers and this thread has turned into a gushing, mushy eyed mess.

:facepalm:

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I’ve always heard he is unbelievable in training. If it’s due to finances then that’s not neilsons Fault. If he plays hopefully he can perform.

Wouldn't surprise me, he's a good footballer, just way too slow and unfit and he never seemed to learn you need to move the ball faster and as a result have the ball away too often and in dangerous positions. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, R1874 said:

Tbf, Haring has also not been in a good Hearts Team.... 

We're all speculating, aren't we? If he's good enough (now) then play him rather than keep him on the bench. No point paying heaps for someone who others may wish to employ just to sit in the background. I simply cannot fathom any logic in not playing someone with talent. Why would any team want to offload their 'best midfielder', and yet not play him?  He's either good enough, or he's not. Either way, hiding him does nobody any good. Mind you, Bobo Balde had a good gig with Celtic, so maybe oor Loic isnae sae daft!

15 hours ago, Mars plastic said:

Deary me.

So, is it my prediction you are more concerned with or starting a sentence with the word so?

9 hours ago, Morgan said:

Are you American?

You as well

Quite remarkable, I predict Damour as player of the season and peoples biggest concern is the word I start a sentence with.

Pans Jambo

If he's back in the first team and plays against celtic, knowing what we do that he's been out the first team for over a season or more and how the Hearts support feel about him being a waste of a wage and signed for too long a contract etc. it would just take a couple of robust tackles from celtic in the middle of the park for him to lose his confidence. We would be on his back and that would be that.

If I was celtic I would be targeting him and closing him down quick and the Hearts boo boys will do the rest.

If he's back in the team, we need to support him and give him a bit leeway to see if he can be the player we hoped he would be. If hes still the same after a few games then I guess all is fair in love and war etc.

9 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

Hup, and and me too.

Haring sweeping behind the other two who have a bit of license to get beyond and into box. That's a midfield with energy

Does it fit a 3 at back though? Kinda got too many wingers? Where do gms and gino fit in?

A 433 would suit our squad better in a way

Opshuns!

Harry Potter
32 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

He's back on the park.  That's a plus.  Got my fingers crossed for him and us.

Looks like hes staying, hopefully will get a few goals out him.

9 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

What's most worrying to me about this post is that there's a member of the coaching staff that thinks Damour is better than Haring.

:wow:

The Mighty Thor

The revisionism on this thread tells me we must be close to the bottom by now. The race to acceptance of mediocrity has been won by Budge and the 'football' department. 

We've got to that shit a state where this imposter is being touted as being like a new signing. 

Halkett the new Beckenbauer?

Halliday a yet to be discovered Messi?

Or are they still shite and fans have been Stockholm syndrome'd into thinking the silk purse will be formed from the sow's lug? 

Nookie Bear

If he is involved in the team this season and does well then that is great.

But it does leave one very simple and direct question to Neilson and the management of the club: why the **** were you paying this guy that kind of money and not picking him, even in the Chanpionship or against the likes of Alloa and Brora?

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The revisionism on this thread tells me we must be close to the bottom by now. The race to acceptance of mediocrity has been won by Budge and the 'football' department. 

We've got to that shit a state where this imposter is being touted as being like a new signing. 

Or are they still shite and fans have been Stockholm syndrome'd into thinking the silk purse will be formed from the sow's lug? 

:spoton:

King prawn

He’s got a lot to do to win me over - he’s done diddly squat since arriving and he’s on par with Martin for me at the moment. 

Nookie Bear

And is he getting game time because we suddenly see role for him in the team...or because we have yet to sign a replacement/upgrade on Irving?

David Black
29 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

What's most worrying to me about this post is that there's a member of the coaching staff that thinks Damour is better than Haring. 

:wow:

Don't forget that Damour has played at a far higher level than Haring and been very good. It's nuts to be paying him and not at least give him a chance. He could save us having to sign another midfielder and thereby another wage.

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, David Black said:

Don't forget that Damour has played at a far higher level than Haring and been very good. It's nuts to be paying him and not at least give him a chance. He could save us having to sign another midfielder and thereby another wage.

So why has he not been playing? (Don't expect you to know the answer to that!)

Dennis Reynolds
34 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

This in spades.

David Black
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

So why has he not been playing? (Don't expect you to know the answer to that!)

Only RN knows the answer to that. If he is good enough then he plays, if he is not , he doesn't. Just like any player. 

9 minutes ago, David Black said:

I'm not sure about the far higher level bit, Damour went from the French 2nd tier to the English 2nd tier, and despite the impression you sometimes get on here that he basically singlehandedly won Cardiff promotion, he actually started less than 40% of the games in their promotion winning team, and in the season he spent in the EPL he made a grand total of 2 substitute appearances.

Haring played in the Austrian 2nd tier, and I've no idea how that compares to the French or English 2nd tiers.

I do agree about him playing though, either find the cash to pay him off, or try and get the best out of him on the pitch, but paying him to train with the U18s and sit in the stand is the worst of the options available.

Pans Jambo
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

And is he getting game time because we suddenly see role for him in the team...or because we have yet to sign a replacement/upgrade on Irving?

This is probably true (plus a bit shop window advertising).

2 hours ago, David Black said:

Only RN knows the answer to that. If he is good enough then he plays, if he is not , he doesn't. Just like any player. 

I wonder if they'd simply decided we wanted rid as didn't justify his wage but knew would never get a fee for him, so were trying to force him to get a move and waive severence.

But now, if he's still here, playing him means we need to sign one less player, so can focus more money in to the ones we want, if that makes sense.

Like, we risk another season of paying a guy to do jackshit, taking up a wage, or we actually play the guy, don't need to recruit there and can focus more budget on quality CH.

Just a thought.  And it'll all be about getting the best out of him - but frankly no different to anyone else in our squad who we've sold short on their ability.  That's what needs to change - start playing to our players' strengths

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed