Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed

Sertse

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Its a good point, Irving, Clare, Cochrane, Lee hardly a defensive bone or shred of ability in them collectively let alone individually. 

Always preferable to get them in preseason of course, but if ever there were positions easy to play in and adjust I would say full back or defensive mid were the 2. Keeper some would argue, but good for him to gain a rapport and play some games with his centre backs and vice versa. 

Its not too late yet, final 2 section games though would like to see something close to the team that will play Celtic. 

English are a couple of weeks behind of course, however was reading Bielsa, notorious for having to integrate players for at least 4 weeks before he will play them has yet to make a signing but is confident their plan is in place. Perhaps an expectation within football itself that things will begin to move shortly then.

Definitely, but we seem to be looking at a CH, an

attacking midfielder and we will need another striker now too. 
We can but hope that things will pick up a bit of pace shortly with players being out of contract downstairs. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Sertse

• Last Laff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Robbo-Jambo
53 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

When Damour got his 4 year contract, that was borne out of desperation and failure to plan properly. Haring was out, we didnt take into account for how long, early weeks of the season showed a gaping hole in that area since Djoum had just left. Levein had not planned well.

He was then desperate to fill that hole and dished out a 4 year deal without doing due diligence quite obviously, a gamble. He tried to bolster it still by signing Whelan and poured more fuel on the fire, both very shortly after a disturbing start to the fatal season.

You say without due diligence and I may be wrong but I am sure I read at the time of his signing Levein had been after him for a long time.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely, but we seem to be looking at a CH, an

attacking midfielder and we will need another striker now too. 
We can but hope that things will pick up a bit of pace shortly with players being out of contract downstairs. 

I dont think we will invest much up front, Boyce, GMS and Ginnelly will form a front 3 I think. Henderson, Walker and Gnanduillet there as well. I think Gnanduillet gets a hard time, his game is simply to hang around that pen spot and 6 yard box, deliver in there for him, we will score plenty. 2nd chance for Roberts? Has to step  up a fair bit, up to him I would say, had a couple of decent games for Well and he did well in a couple of our early matches, 6-2 over Dundee in particular. Needed Ginnelly in the team it seemed.

Seen some clips of goals, Popescu and Berra, one will obviously never appear again, the other cant, leaves us thin for starters let alone cover. Halkett has been a big disappointment for me, without being a bad player, just never felt secure since he came.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

You say without due diligence and I may be wrong but I am sure I read at the time of his signing Levein had been after him for a long time.

Really? I stand corrected if true, must have been in between red wines :)

General question do football managers just trot out that stuff to make us believe its a decent signing without thinking of the consequences later when its discovered they are drivel?

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I dont think we will invest much up front, Boyce, GMS and Ginnelly will form a front 3 I think. Henderson, Walker and Gnanduillet there as well. I think Gnanduillet gets a hard time, his game is simply to hang around that pen spot and 6 yard box, deliver in there for him, we will score plenty. 2nd chance for Roberts? Has to step  up a fair bit, up to him I would say, had a couple of decent games for Well and he did well in a couple of our early matches, 6-2 over Dundee in particular. Needed Ginnelly in the team it seemed.

Seen some clips of goals, Popescu and Berra, one will obviously never appear again, the other cant, leaves us thin for starters let alone cover. Halkett has been a big disappointment for me, without being a bad player, just never felt secure since he came.

Probably but a couple of injuries and we’re struggling, not many goals if Boyce is out. I don’t mind Gnanduillet, ungainly but will get goals if we play to his strengths. 
We could do with two CHs and lose either or both Halkett and Popescu. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Probably but a couple of injuries and we’re struggling, not many goals if Boyce is out. I don’t mind Gnanduillet, ungainly but will get goals if we play to his strengths. 

Yip agree with all of that. Boring much better with a fall out :)

I remember be highly amused at hibs having to pay one of their no-hoper managers gardening leave for 18 months.  Butcher I think.  Now we have effectively done the same thing to ourselves but worse.

We do have one advantage though and that is that Loic is still in the building.  If he's not going to do the right thing by either applying himself or cancelling his contract, I agree with everyone on here who suggests harsh measures.   Run him into the ground in Gullane and meaningless friendlies.  Make the regime intolllerable.

51 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We need another striker, make or break season for henderson but can’t be relied on yet.

That’s the issue, who’s going to want Halkett and/or Popescu and for a wage they’d be happy to leave for? 

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Dont disagree with that either Jim. We dont know the ins and outs, for me its just too easy to blame a player, because they go against the club we all have a bias for

Too late for blame and it doesn’t really matter. The fact is now that we have someone drawing a wage for nothing. Who has done nothing for over a year and has a year left of doing nothing, possibly 2 (haven’t checked hi contract recently) If it’s Neilsons fault or Leveins fault or Damours fault or a combination of all 3 doesn’t matter. Just get the guy away from the club. It might be expensive. We might have to pay him up in full, but FFS it’s beyond embarrassing to still look at his player profile and see Heart of Midlothian as his club.

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We need another striker, make or break season for henderson but can’t be relied on yet.

That’s the issue, who’s going to want Halkett and/or Popescu and for a wage they’d be happy to leave for? 

Yeah I would prefer a nippy striker to compliment what we have but as Sir Gio said the plan might be to play GMS and or Gino/Gnanduillet with Boyce in a three. 
There was apparently interest in Halkett from Motherwell, we can only hope St Mirren might want Popescu back. No new contracts for either next summer. 

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Too late for blame and it doesn’t really matter. The fact is now that we have someone drawing a wage for nothing. Who has done nothing for over a year and has a year left of doing nothing, possibly 2 (haven’t checked hi contract recently) If it’s Neilsons fault or Leveins fault or Damours fault or a combination of all 3 doesn’t matter. Just get the guy away from the club. It might be expensive. We might have to pay him up in full, but FFS it’s beyond embarrassing to still look at his player profile and see Heart of Midlothian as his club.

£400k is a lot of money for the club to pay out to save your embarrassment. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah I would prefer a nippy striker to compliment what we have but as Sir Gio said the plan might be to play GMS and or Gino/Gnanduillet with Boyce in a three. 
There was apparently interest in Halkett from Motherwell, we can only hope St Mirren might want Popescu back. No new contracts for either next summer. 

Could work well. I’d still prefer another striker to cover and give another option but defence and central midfield a priority.

I just don’t see Halkett or Popescu leaving for less money than they’re on. I doubt Motherwell would offer more wages than us. Our only hope is they fancy a move abroad. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Could work well. I’d still prefer another striker to cover and give another option but defence and central midfield a priority.

I just don’t see Halkett or Popescu leaving for less money than they’re on. I doubt Motherwell would offer more wages than us. Our only hope is they fancy a move abroad. 

Me too re a striker.
I think we would need to pay the difference in wages maybe but if they offer longer deals it might convince them. Popescu is already abroad, and Halkett is usually all at sea 😜

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

£400k is a lot of money for the club to pay out to save your embarrassment. 

We’re going to have to pay it anyway though, for zero return. Either way it’s an expensive waste

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Me too re a striker.
I think we would need to pay the difference in wages maybe but if they offer longer deals it might convince them. Popescu is already abroad, and Halkett is usually all at sea 😜

😂

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We’re going to have to pay it anyway though, for zero return. Either way it’s an expensive waste

Absolutely, £800-900k all told for absolutely **** all. Criminal. 

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely, £800-900k all told for absolutely **** all. Criminal. 

Add Oshinawa and Martin to that total. 

Portable Badger
5 hours ago, The Maroon Pound said:

A professional football player that works from home, unbelievable Jeff 

We should rename Damour “Covid” and give him the number 19 shirt !!

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Add Oshinawa and Martin to that total. 

It’s scary if you add it all up, Sammon wasn’t cheap either. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes completely forgot about him. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Oh, but it's all in the past now and the past shouldn't be mentioned (unless it's to rip into Stendel.) 

Rulz are rulz. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Oh, but it's all in the past now and the past shouldn't be mentioned (unless it's to rip into Stendel.) 

Rulz are rulz. 

Indeed 

13 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

What does the total come to?

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Darren said:

What does the total come to?

Who knows, depends on who you class as being a waste of money I suppose. Was anyone in that team that got us demoted worth it for instance?

If you put Levein and Stendel in a pot, you come out with Loic Damour. Dreadful player, must have had a decent game one time or another.

indianajones
12 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

No sign of him at all in the recent pre season video. Maybe on trial elsewhere? 

Cleaning the boots. 

16 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

No sign of him at all in the recent pre season video. Maybe on trial elsewhere? 

He doesn't and hasn't trained with us for some time. I've always suspected there is more than just an out of favour player going on here.

14 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

If you put Levein and Stendel in a pot, you come out with Loic Damour. Dreadful player, must have had a decent game one time or another.

Funny thing is Stendel got a song out of him a couple of times.  He was excellent against Celtic at Tynie - prob my motm that night and then in our win at Easter Road, he was superb again.  Both times in a slightly more advanced role where he was used to harry and chase and play on the front foot.

But then came his display against St Mirren in "that" game, so who the eff knows eh!!!!

132goals1958
4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

He’s the chef in the Skyline I hear. 

If it was the days of yesteryear he could be peeling the oranges at half time.

Tommy Brown
On 22/06/2021 at 16:40, Kiwidoug said:

I remember be highly amused at hibs having to pay one of their no-hoper managers gardening leave for 18 months.  Butcher I think.  Now we have effectively done the same thing to ourselves but worse.

We do have one advantage though and that is that Loic is still in the building.  If he's not going to do the right thing by either applying himself or cancelling his contract, I agree with everyone on here who suggests harsh measures.   Run him into the ground in Gullane and meaningless friendlies.  Make the regime intolllerable.

This must be the most disgusting post on this board.

Hearts management have ****ed up here, not Damour.

If Hearts were to behave anywhere near where you suggest, i would disown my affiliation to our great club.

Dont bother replying, your on ignore.

He's not as bad as some are trying to infer

He agreed and signed a contract offered by the club

He has honoured his contractual commitments to the club

There were times last season where he may have been worth a try but management have made a decision that he will not play or the first team (maybe there are bonus/appearance issues)

The club will be trying to move him on and it may be more likely with only 2 years left on his contract as trying to get a permanent move last season given Covid and looking for a 3 year deal would be difficult.

His own circumstances will also come into play but for him some security still exists due to his deal........all very well others talking about wage thief etc but why given he is not the one driving any release.

It may frustrate but some on here are a joke given they would not do what they want him to do and give up security of salary just to make themselves feel better and able to take out another useless point against the club and current manager

Learn to live with it, stop wasting time and effort looking for blame for it is little things like this that slowly drag down the club and those little things do not cause a support to bind and and get behind the club.

I am firmly of the belief that the constant harping and moaning eventually have an impact and perhaps this is one reason season ticket sales are not as high as we had hoped but that won't worry some of the critics as few actually attend matches and by ensuring income is lower the aspirations Hearts fans have will be harder to reach

43 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

If Hearts were to behave anywhere near where you suggest, i would disown my affiliation to our great club.

Don't think he quite understands how football works nowadays, seems to be in a time warp.

1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

Don't think he quite understands how football works nowadays, seems to be in a time warp.

Not sure if you're referring to me or Damour but if it's me your absolutely right.  In my day, the way football worked was you went out on the park and kicked the ball about.  Why Damour doesn't do that is a mystery to me.

One of the posters on here knows the answer but hasn't shared the details.  It's all the club's fault apparently but we're left to ponder why.

Giving of your best on the park doesn't seem to be an impossible challenge for a lot of players.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Oddly turned up on You Tube being interviewed by Armadale Academy pupils. Some answers that will have a few in a froth, "have to work hard for anything" :) !

Bazzas right boot
On 22/06/2021 at 21:15, Pasquale for King said:

Sammon was part of a team that finished 3rd in the league. 

Shite that, eh? 

41 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Sammon was part of a team that finished 3rd in the league. 

Shite that, eh? 

Which team?

55 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Which team?

Killie when they had that class player from Finland?  He was an utter donkey that had one good season mind you. 

19 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

I think you're being a bit precious here...

16 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Killie when they had that class player from Finland?  He was an utter donkey that had one good season mind you. 

Cheers, I'd forgotten about that. By the time he retires he'll have had more clubs than Tiger Woods. 

Tommy Brown
40 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I think you're being a bit precious here...

Yes :lol:

The post I responded to was annoying though.

27 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Cheers, I'd forgotten about that. By the time he retires he'll have had more clubs than Tiger Woods. 

:welcome:

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, fancy a brew said:

Ha Ha, good one, poor Tony Watt had the missfortune of playing along side him.

Can't we force this guy out on loan to the dirtiest league possible to test his resolve even if it means we still pay his wages?

27 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Can't we force this guy out on loan to the dirtiest league possible to test his resolve even if it means we still pay his wages?

Careful.  A certain poster will be down on you like a ton of bricks.  I fully agree though and if that poster is prepared to enlighten us as to why it is all the club's fault I will reconsider my position.

In the meantime he remains a total dead loss.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed