Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed

Sertse

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

Careful.  A certain poster will be down on you like a ton of bricks.  I fully agree though and if that poster is prepared to enlighten us as to why it is all the club's fault I will reconsider my position.

In the meantime he remains a total dead loss.

Everything that goes wrong is Neilson/Budge/Levein's fault, and anything that goes well is never given credit.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Sertse

• Last Laff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Barack said:

Must be those punitive measures that some are hoping Hearts are imposing on Damour, to hound him out, through a harsh working environment.

Sent him to Armadale? Evil *******s.

A real pity hes a decent bloke. Just doesn't fit the narrative. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Damour has definitely tied down the holding midfielder role in our team of "looks decent on paper when they sign then does the square root of FA" players.

27 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

A real pity hes a decent bloke. Just doesn't fit the narrative. 

Aye, great guy.  I could turn up in random places and be a good ***** for £3kpw + :lol: 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Aye, great guy.  I could turn up in random places and be a good ***** for £3kpw + :lol: 

I doubt you would to be honest. No one is paying you 3k a month let alone a week  :lol:

7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Sammon was part of a team that finished 3rd in the league. 

Shite that, eh? 

Which club did he finish 3rd with? Certainly wasn't us.

14 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I doubt you would to be honest. No one is paying you 3k a month let alone a week  :lol:

Neither would anyone pay your pal Damour that if he wasn't ripping the piss out the club acting like a nice guy in shit tips. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
32 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Neither would anyone pay your pal Damour that if he wasn't ripping the piss out the club acting like a nice guy in shit tips. 

Ripping the piss :rofl:

contract
Filter definitions by topic

See definitions in:
All

Commerce

Law · Informal

Bridge

Marriage · Dated

Physiology

Linguistics

Pathology

noun

/ˈkɒntrakt/
  1. a written or spoken agreement, especially one concerning employment, sales, or tenancy, that is intended to be enforceable by law.
    "he has just signed a contract keeping him with the club"

6 hours ago, frankblack said:

Everything that goes wrong is Neilson/Budge/Levein's fault, and anything that goes well is never given credit.

That's right and my puzzlement with my critic is that he categorically states that it's all their fault.  He doesn't express that as an opinion.  

That being the case, why doesn't he share with us the shortcomings of Budge, Levein etc in this instance.

Pretty sure I already know the reason and I maintain my view, shared by the vast majority on here, that Damour is a dead weight and a dead loss.

Rick Sanchez

Only 45 mins but did he look fit? How did he get on? Did he look happy or disgruntled?

Was shocked to see his name.

Hairy Nugget

Thought he was trying but was blowing out his arse.Bit soft and as usual was getting caught on the ball a bit.

16 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Only 45 mins but did he look fit? How did he get on? Did he look happy or disgruntled?

Was shocked to see his name.

Came here for this. Hopefully putting him in the window.

FERRY HEARTS

Looked his usual self some nice 10 yard passes and slow into his challenges ! If this is him being given a lifeline by club he still needs to get his finger out ! Him and smith gave each other a high 5 after their 45 minutes  so no dispute with team mates noticeable 

RustyRightPeg

A long way back for him though in some peoples eyes but others were given the same opportunity to turn things round last season. Let’s hope he comes good.

AGoodLaugh

After playing 0 minutes in a season in the second tier, gonna take rather a lot more than a good friendly performance against Spartans to convince anyone he's good enough 

35 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I'm such a cynical git, I take that as the player equivalent of the managerial vote of confidence and he'll be sold before the season starts 😀

If not, this will be a resurrection of Ibrahim Tall proportions.

In happy to give the boy a fair crack of the whip and a clean slate. Same as Halkett and others got last season. 

Edited by Cruyff

Bob Loblaw

Despite all the chat of him being a "wage thief" I don't think there's been any issues with his attitude. He trains, he makes himself available for selection, he hasn't publicly spat the dummy. 

If he's training well and working hard, why wouldn't we consider him? Paying him wages to do nothing is stupid and the longer it goes on the less likely it is someone else will take him.

In terms of ability he had some really good games, but the majority weren't good enough but you could say that about nearly everyone that season.and plenty others got a second chance.

Giving him a chance now is fine with me, but it makes the decision not to play him at all last season look a bit daft.

Absolute Scenes

Here's the thing right. This guy has played at a pretty high level, was a mainstay in Cardiff's promotion season from Championship and a good chunk of fans were sad to see him go. 

He is definitely a good footballer otherwise a team like Cardiff would not have signed him and followed up by playing him regularly in an important season for them. 

He has not lived up to his true potential. He has not worked hard enough and has not adapted to the scottish game. However, given his history i know for a fact if he were to leave Hearts he would do well and continue to thrive (Bjorn Johnsen, if you will for example).

I think having him in the team gives us depth, and options. Maybe he will play from the bench, perhaps he will have the season of his life and be a Karapidis for us. Either way, someone posted our wages, and his was  far down on the list of income, not even one of our highest earners - as it appeared. 

New season, new positivity, new sense of success. Hope you kick on Loic

10 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Despite all the chat of him being a "wage thief" I don't think there's been any issues with his attitude. He trains, he makes himself available for selection, he hasn't publicly spat the dummy. 

If he's training well and working hard, why wouldn't we consider him? Paying him wages to do nothing is stupid and the longer it goes on the less likely it is someone else will take him.

In terms of ability he had some really good games, but the majority weren't good enough but you could say that about nearly everyone that season.and plenty others got a second chance.

Giving him a chance now is fine with me, but it makes the decision not to play him at all last season look a bit daft.

I think he was genuinely injured last season. That seems to be why he never featured. 

Rogue Daddy

3 or 4 very good posts above. Worst case scenario - he's in the shop window, best case - he's living up to his billing and doing us a turn. As somebody mentioned, he's not spat the dummy and ran moaning to the press, he's got his head down during closed season and appears up for the challenge. Pleased to hear this, hope he pushes on.

JamboAndrew
4 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

3 or 4 very good posts above. Worst case scenario - he's in the shop window, best case - he's living up to his billing and doing us a turn. As somebody mentioned, he's not spat the dummy and ran moaning to the press, he's got his head down during closed season and appears up for the challenge. Pleased to hear this, hope he pushes on.

I was worried I'd logged onto the wrong forum. Positive and sensible post. If he is playing to get a move away I'm totally fine with that, as long as it brings in some cash. My Cardiff City supporting mate has been baffled by what's happened to him as he rates him really highly.

Damour doesn’t get a second of first team football in the championship. Has a good game against the mighty Spartans and is suddenly good enough for us to play in the Premiership.

Don’t get wrong. I hope he does a turn for us, it would be like a new signing. Just seems an odd situation.

Edited by iantjambo

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

I was worried I'd logged onto the wrong forum. Positive and sensible post. If he is playing to get a move away I'm totally fine with that, as long as it brings in some cash. My Cardiff City supporting mate has been baffled by what's happened to him as he rates him really highly.

This is where I’m at. Cardiff are a better football club than us, fact. He’s actually taken a step down to play for us. For whatever reason, whether it was levein getting the hook, or what it hasn’t worked out. But if we are going to see his best this season I’m all for it. I really hope he has a belter of a season. Imagine how nice it would be having him as a POTY candidate after the last few seasons he’s had

Unknown user
1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

Damour doesn’t get a second of first team football in the championship. Has a good game against the mighty Spartans and is suddenly good enough for us to play in the Premiership.

Don’t get wrong. I hope he does a turn for us, it would be like a new signing. Just seems an odd situation.

Someone's saying he's been injured. I'm all for it, if he does the biz then great, if he doesn't we can all call him names again

Unknown user
Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

Cardiff are a better football club than us, fact.

Honesty don't know what to say to that

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Smithee said:

Honesty don't know what to say to that

I’m assuming you don’t agree with this, not sure how considering the English championship is a step up from SPL.

however I should have stated they are a better footballing side 😉 only one club is the best and that is the jam tarts 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I’m assuming you don’t agree with this, not sure how considering the English championship is a step up from SPL.

however I should have stated they are a better footballing side 😉 only one club is the best and that is the jam tarts 

Better side, no arguments, better club though? Never!

All I really give a fluffy shite about is Hearts winning.  If Loic can help us do that, welcome back fella.

If he has worked hard to be fit and has come back to training working his erchie off, good on him, can't ask for more.

Of course, may be so he's available and attractive to others and if that happens, also fine.  No downside to Damour showing up well in pre-season.

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

The Championship overall is perhaps a step up, as their top 10 clubs are pretty decent. However, there's probably nothing between ourselves, Hibs, Aberdeen and the bottom 14 of the Championship. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Would be criminal to let him go, if, IF, he has turned a corner. Thankfully management seem to be taking this line, which is common sense

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Someone's saying he's been injured. I'm all for it, if he does the biz then great, if he doesn't we can all call him names again

Something I hadn't really considered.  He did have a bit of a weird injury at start of last season which kept him out (something to do with his heel maybe?).

You just never know, once that had cleared up whenever it was, it was just a very strange time wasn't it, so maybe the guy just couldn't get going again - league was done early, training was all very very strange etc.  Maybe last season was simply a write-off for a number of reasons rather than the assumed "big earner not giving a shit" mantra.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

All I really give a fluffy shite about is Hearts winning.  If Loic can help us do that, welcome back fella.

If he has worked hard to be fit and has come back to training working his erchie off, good on him, can't ask for more.

Of course, may be so he's available and attractive to others and if that happens, also fine.  No downside to Damour showing up well in pre-season.

Exactly, only people it will piss off are those who could be made to look stupid by it

why would we cut our nose of to spite our face? if the boy has come back fit, injury free, raring to go and looking good in training/bounce games, we would be mental not to at least give him a go. especially someone who does have his pedigree.

complete control
12 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

The Championship overall is perhaps a step up, as their top 10 clubs are pretty decent. However, there's probably nothing between ourselves, Hibs, Aberdeen and the bottom 14 of the Championship. 

are st johnstone no a better team than us ?

A_A wehatethehibs

If Damour comes good, I wonder if folk will credit Neilson for getting the best out of him.

To me I seen enough of Damour, the same time I had seen enough of Whelan. Awful, awful signings. 

Pasquale for King

If he’s come back raring to go, allied to maybe not getting the players we want and nobody showing interest in him it might just well be the only way forward to give him a chance. 

Dennis Reynolds

Don't think I can get on the Damour redemption bandwagon.

A player deemed not good enough who then misses an entire season in the championship is now good enough again for the top league? 

3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

If Damour comes good, I wonder if folk will credit Neilson for getting the best out of him.

To me I seen enough of Damour, the same time I had seen enough of Whelan. Awful, awful signings. 

If Damour comes good I will 100 percent give Neilson all the credit and I’m one of Neilson’s harshest critics. 

I wonder if Neilson’s supporters will blames him if Damour makes a ***** of it (again).

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

A long way back for him though in some peoples eyes but others were given the same opportunity to turn things round last season. Let’s hope he comes good.

Not sure all those people are worth giving a shiney shite about but I agree 🤣

43 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

👌🏻

23 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Something I hadn't really considered.  He did have a bit of a weird injury at start of last season which kept him out (something to do with his heel maybe?).

You just never know, once that had cleared up whenever it was, it was just a very strange time wasn't it, so maybe the guy just couldn't get going again - league was done early, training was all very very strange etc.  Maybe last season was simply a write-off for a number of reasons rather than the assumed "big earner not giving a shit" mantra.

Id say last season was a write off for a lot of weird and wonderful reasons that affected a lot of players. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed