Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed

Sertse

Maple Leaf
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If Damour comes good I will 100 percent give Neilson all the credit and I’m one of Neilson’s harshest critics. 

I wonder if Neilson’s supporters will blames him if Damour makes a ***** of it (again).

Whoa, slow down there chief.  Let's not be too hasty.

If it transpires that Damour is actually good enough to play in the Premier, why did RN leave him sitting in the hoose all last season?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Sertse

• Last Laff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

The Future's Maroon
1 minute ago, Mirror said:

How long is left on his contract?

edit: (although doubting myself now)

Edited by The Future's Maroon

Just now, Mirror said:

How long is left on his contract?

Just the two years.  Means we will get at least £2m when he wins poty. 

The Gorgie
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Kilmarnock I believe. 

He played with them the season before that 3rd place finish.

1 minute ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Hopefully get a tune out of him then and move him on in the next couple windows. Hes not a long term answer unless he changes his style dramatically but could do a job i think. 

hope all is well and things are improving again for you all ❤️🇱🇻 

Edited by sadj

davemclaren
Just now, Section N Rules said:

He played with them the season before that 3rd place finish.

Oh well, I guessed wrong. 

54 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I think he was genuinely injured last season. That seems to be why he never featured. 

He was fit for pretty much the entire season.  Mate of mine plays Table Tennis with him.

4 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

If it transpires that Damour is actually good enough to play in the Premier, why did RN leave him sitting in the hoose all last season?

The Championship was beneath his skill set?

Unknown user
14 minutes ago, LMc said:

Don't think I can get on the Damour redemption bandwagon.

A player deemed not good enough who then misses an entire season in the championship is now good enough again for the top league? 

I think the point is not that maybe he is good enough, maybe he isn't, but if we're paying all this money it would be daft not to check it out

Unknown user
1 minute ago, db211833 said:

He was fit for pretty much the entire season.  Mate of mine plays Table Tennis with him.

Is that right? I wouldn't claim to know either way myself. Your mate didn't mention his thoughts on the situation did he?

Just now, Smithee said:

Is that right? I wouldn't claim to know either way myself. Your mate didn't mention his thoughts on the situation did he?

He did, said he was fit, wanted to play and didn't understand why he wasn't being considered.  Who know though, sure there are 2 sides to the story and maybe the club would tell a different one.

2 minutes ago, db211833 said:

What’s he like at table tennis? You certainly don’t get the time he wants on the ball in that game. 

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, db211833 said:

He did, said he was fit, wanted to play and didn't understand why he wasn't being considered.  Who know though, sure there are 2 sides to the story and maybe the club would tell a different one.

Aye that's for sure

6 minutes ago, db211833 said:

He was definitely injured up until December last year. He's maybe been fit since March. 

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

What’s he like at table tennis? You certainly don’t get the time he wants on the ball in that game. 

Table tennis is the mark of a man. I've been playing for months and I must say I'm alright 

A_A wehatethehibs
18 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Because when RN came in, he would have watched a few tapes of Damours previous performances including the 2-0 derby loss at Tynecastle where he was hooked at half time, the 1-0 loss to St Mirren that ended things, and 7-8 other dreadful performances from Damour in a season which got 2 managers sacked and the club relegated.

If I were a new manager coming in to that shite show, I would not have been looking to build my team around Damour especially as he probably had a big appearance fee in his contract. 

As has been said, to win a move to Cardiff and play as many games for them, Damour has to have some level of quality. End of the day the comments in the article are, he has worked very hard over summer. To me that tells me he didn't work hard enough or do enough in training to impress last season. Maybe he was just despondent that others were ahead of him - Andy Irving has now left so he may feel that's his chances improved, so he has upped it. Plus as per above, he was certainly injured Novemeber-December, definitely remember that. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

Table tennis is the mark of a man. I've been playing for months and I must say I'm alright 

Both my uncles played when they were younger and tried to get me into it. I was all for it but just too slow. Totally shit at it and only improved to a certain point then it was obvious I wasn’t going to get much better. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

We are such a feeble club :rofl:

Get rid of this guy.

Might be easier to get rid of him if he plays a few matches. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

If I was going to sign a 30 year old midfielder, I’d definitely wait to see how he got on against Spartans and Linlithgow Rose

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

If I was going to sign a 30 year old midfielder, I’d definitely wait to see how he got on against Spartans and Linlithgow Rose

Very true. Bigger stage against Celtic. 😎

davemclaren
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Luckily you aren’t then. Scouts go to lots of dismal places to watch players though they are primarily matches played to get match fit. He may get some time in the league cup qualifiers as well - time will tell. 

19 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

:lol: 

17 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Yes especially when he still has two years left on his contract.

johnthomas
12 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Because when RN came in, he would have watched a few tapes of Damours previous performances including the 2-0 derby loss at Tynecastle where he was hooked at half time, the 1-0 loss to St Mirren that ended things, and 7-8 other dreadful performances from Damour in a season which got 2 managers sacked and the club relegated.

If I were a new manager coming in to that shite show, I would not have been looking to build my team around Damour especially as he probably had a big appearance fee in his contract. 

As has been said, to win a move to Cardiff and play as many games for them, Damour has to have some level of quality. End of the day the comments in the article are, he has worked very hard over summer. To me that tells me he didn't work hard enough or do enough in training to impress last season. Maybe he was just despondent that others were ahead of him - Andy Irving has now left so he may feel that's his chances improved, so he has upped it. Plus as per above, he was certainly injured Novemeber-December, definitely remember that. 

Think I read somewhere (a while back) that he worked hard at training?

You are probably right regarding his poor performances 

Also think the guy has a pretty good pedigree . I , for one , welcomed the signing based on that 

If (big if) his career gets resurrected with us it will be a major miracle .

One teensy mistake and fans will be on his back . Again IF it happens , it won't be easy

28 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Haha, no idea but my mate is one of these all rounders who is competent at most sports.

1 minute ago, johnthomas said:

Think I read somewhere (a while back) that he worked hard at training?

You are probably right regarding his poor performances 

Also think the guy has a pretty good pedigree . I , for one , welcomed the signing based on that 

If (big if) his career gets resurrected with us it will be a major miracle .

One teensy mistake and fans will be on his back . Again IF it happens , it won't be easy

I don't agree with fans on his back.

We are expecting very little.  If he's shite then it's not going to be unexpected. 

Neilson will kop it though.

23 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Couldn't agree more.... one of my proudest moments was beating a Russian in the holiday TT tourney final ..... long time ago now mind :D 

2 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Haha, no idea but my mate is one of these all rounders who is competent at most sports.

Good with a racket then. 

1 minute ago, db211833 said:

Couldn't agree more.... one of my proudest moments was beating a Russian in the holiday TT tourney final ..... long time ago now mind :D 

Randomly I also spent many an hour for 2 weeks in Sharm' playing Russians and Ukrainians at table tennis.  Ukrainians seem great people, Russian, not so great. 

johnthomas
5 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I don't agree with fans on his back.

We are expecting very little.  If he's shite then it's not going to be unexpected. 

Neilson will kop it though.

Nobody expected much from Sammon . Fans were on his back from the first minute

The Future's Maroon
40 minutes ago, sadj said:

Hopefully get a tune out of him then and move him on in the next couple windows. Hes not a long term answer unless he changes his style dramatically but could do a job i think. 

hope all is well and things are improving again for you all ❤️🇱🇻 

Someone else said earlier they are willing to give him a clean slate and that’s where I sit, from what Robbie said he has worked hard over the Summer and in training so will get a chance (although I think Robbie is maybe thinking get him in the shop window and punt before end of window if poss).

Aye, thanks mate, the missus had her last day of treatment yesterday so still some recovery to go 👍

1 minute ago, johnthomas said:

Nobody expected much from Sammon . Fans were on his back from the first minute

He was alright with Killie before he signed and he was rank here.  I was more pissed off with the attitude and application of TWATT. 

5 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Rounders with a tennis racket!! Good times.

Majorly underrated game.

So, I predicted he would be last seasons player of the season but it appears he needed a little more time to find his feet in Scottish football.

This season is his year though.

Mark my words!

1 minute ago, davie1980 said:

So, I predicted he would be last seasons player of the season but it appears he needed a little more time to find his feet in Scottish football.

This season is his year though.

Mark my words!

Playing only friendlies. No more projects please. 

22 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

He was alright with Killie before he signed and he was rank here.  I was more pissed off with the attitude and application of TWATT. 

I mind when i heard that Sammon had signed for us. Ragin i was! Fekin fumin! Wanted Neilson booted out the door straight away. He was ok for Killie some years before that but had become a huddy everywhere else since. I said at the time it would be a disasterous signing and it was. Played more games on loan than he ever did for Hearts. Total waste of a contract and wages.

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Not sure all those people are worth giving a shiney shite about but I agree

suppose the point I’m making is that there were other players still at the club who were part of the relegation side that haven’t suffered the same backlash for piss poor performances that he did

40 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Hmmm , I am sure im not your mate 🤔

32 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Someone else said earlier they are willing to give him a clean slate and that’s where I sit, from what Robbie said he has worked hard over the Summer and in training so will get a chance (although I think Robbie is maybe thinking get him in the shop window and punt before end of window if poss).

Aye, thanks mate, the missus had her last day of treatment yesterday so still some recovery to go 👍

Good to hear , hopefully its the last stretch for her recovery now and it all goes to plan. You know where I am 🤘🏻

4 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

suppose the point I’m making is that there were other players still at the club who were part of the relegation side that haven’t suffered the same backlash for piss poor performances that he did

Indeed. , Wonder why that is 🤨

Guest ToqueJambo

New season. New league. Clean slate for everyone. If we can turn him into even just an effective squad player that'll be like a new signing. Talking him up in the press right now could also be a bit of a strategy to get some interest in him. I'm sure we'd move him on if we could.

Same goes for Roberts if he can bring his Motherwell form back to us. So it's worthwhile spending time on them in pre-season, but if either of them don't seem up to it early on we should get the kids in. 

For a player who's been here two seasons though I still have no idea where Damour plays.

johnthomas
51 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Bit off topic but Sammon was a limited player but , used correctly , could be effective . Watt was a major part of the problem 

Fans were on his back before he kicked a ball . I watched it happen .

As always if someone puts in the effort I'll back them . Sammon worked hard 

19 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

New season. New league. Clean slate for everyone. If we can turn him into even just an effective squad player that'll be like a new signing. Talking him up in the press right now could also be a bit of a strategy to get some interest in him. I'm sure we'd move him on if we could.

Same goes for Roberts if he can bring his Motherwell form back to us. So it's worthwhile spending time on them in pre-season, but if either of them don't seem up to it early on we should get the kids in. 

For a player who's been here two seasons though I still have no idea where Damour plays.

Too slow nowadays. 

33 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I don't agree.  It's ignoring the past and consisting on the the same crap as the previous season or two that got us into the Championship.  Players play or should be playing if they have shown in a hearts top they are good enough.  Neither of they two have.   Yet we are supposed to jut ignore that and persist with them knowing they are rubbish regardless?

Clerry Jambo
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Very true. Bigger stage against Celtic. 😎

Funnily enough one of his best games was v Celtic at Tynie

The Treasurer
38 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'd forgotten about Roberts. Is he back and has he been involved in any of the games so far 

davemclaren
Just now, The Treasurer said:

I'd forgotten about Roberts. Is he back and has he been involved in any of the games so far 

Still injured I believe. He is back. 

3 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Funnily enough one of his best games was v Celtic at Tynie

He did have a few decent games. There were times when he just seemed to switch of and often in dangerous areas. If he focused he could definitely be decent but I’ve given up on him tbh. Teams will press us and he’ll be ****ed in those circumstances. 

Leveins Battalion

Quite interesting to read Neil Warnocks take on Loic,basically he brought him in now and again to stop other teams playing,now if we are playing with 2 sitting midfielders he might be alright.However the game that stood out for me with him was at Tynecastle v Hibs,he was miles off the pace that day.

IMO Neilson and Savage are playing a PR game here,make it look like he is a rejuvinated character,get his name back in the public domain and hopefully find a suitor for him.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed