• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Sertse

• Last Laff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Just another baffling decision in a season or seasons of baffling decisions.

Why was be bought? Can't believe so many bad decisions made by those in charge, like our present government decisions being made which make no sense unless there's an ulterior motive.,🤔.

Hope it all comes out in the wash, though think both Budge and Boris are both masters of carpet sweeping!

davemclaren
1 hour ago, thewiseone said:

Just another baffling decision in a season or seasons of baffling decisions.

Why was be bought? Can't believe so many bad decisions made by those in charge, like our present government decisions being made which make no sense unless there's an ulterior motive.,🤔.

Hope it all comes out in the wash, though think both Budge and Boris are both masters of carpet sweeping!

What would a plausible ‘ulterior motive’ be for signing Damour?

Psychedelicropcircle

Does make you wonder how this is perceived going forward in his career. Can only think it’ll result in lesser money going forward beyond hearts

4 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Warnock rates him so highly but doesn’t want to sign him. Sums it up perfectly.

When he signed for us he said it was because Warnock didn't trust him but Levein did.  :lol: 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Just pay him off now and get him tae feck out of our club. Boys a thief.

For honouring a contract. 

Wise up :lol:

47 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Hopefully you've provided a platform for some entertaining definitions of plausible

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

For not putting in the effort to justify his contract mate. I’m any other walk of life he’d have been fired.

lack of ability is one thing, lack of effort is really unforgivable 

We should definitely pay him off. 

It may cost the same in the long run, but having him here sends out bad impression to the others, IMO. 

We should have a no-passengers message. 

it’s been a terrible bit of business. Just need to bite the bullet. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

For not putting in the effort to justify his contract mate. I’m any other walk of life he’d have been fired.

lack of ability is one thing, lack of effort is really unforgivable 

Absolute nonsense, you have to back that up and quite frankly you can't. 

Its a contract we gave him. You would walk away from that would you. Better person than me if you did.

Folk have got to get over themselves and this notion Hearts are more important than a person looking after their family 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

It may cost the same in the long run, but having him here sends out bad impression to the others, IMO. 

This is far more to the point 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Its a contract we gave him. You would walk away from that would you. Better person than me if you did.

Folk have got to get over themselves and this notion Hearts are more important than a person looking after their family 

Surely we could offer him a year pay off (half his wages) and he could then try get a club to play actual football for, he gets a signing on fee and another club may be able to afford him half of what he's on here or is he on such a ludicrous amount in terms of his ability he couldn't even get half elsewhere?

If I was shit at my job and not wanted I certainly would go to a place I enjoyed it more and produced more for half my wage if my old work paid the other half. 

Edited by Last Laff

15 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

I’d rather we get him out on loan even with someone paying a fraction of his wages than give that him a lump sum. 

Harry Potter

His last game for us was 15 months ago, this should be sorted out sooner than later, 

as said should be put out on loan at some point.

34 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

The message being, "play crap and we'll pay you two years salary to go away". In the region of £400,000. Come off it

Edited by jamboj

kingantti1874
34 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

never said I would walk away, not sure where you’ve got that from.

im saying he’s a lazy *******,  He isn’t “earning” that money and no one who has watched him in the few games that he played could possibly disagree. Neil Warnock talks about him fighting to win the ball back - just about fell off my chair when I read that. 

he can sit there and take the wage but he should be ****ing ashamed of what he has offered the club in return.

6 minutes ago, jamboj said:

The message being, "play crap and we'll pay you two years salary to go away". In the region of £400,000. Come off it

“Play crap and we’ll keep paying you for 2 years to stay. Plus use our facilities and staff and get all the tangible and non-tangible benefits that being associated with the club brings.” In the region of £400,000 plus. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

never said I would walk away, not sure where you’ve got that from.

im saying he’s a lazy *******,  He isn’t “earning” that money and no one who has watched him in the few games that he played could possibly disagree. Neil Warnock talks about him fighting to win the ball back - just about fell off my chair when I read that. 

he can sit there and take the wage but he should be ****ing ashamed of what he has offered the club in return.

Warnock knows him better than you, why should I listen to you saying he is lazy? What proof or character witness are you? No offence, but you dont know the boy, Warnock was his boss. 

Limited ability is something quite different, the crime was the issuance of a 4 year contract to a player who was not up to the job, just as it was with Maluary "Special Teams" Martin

Rick Sanchez
14 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

At least get him in for pre season and make him earn a bit of his wage by doing some hard work 

Exactly.

Get him in the match day squads. The guy is being paid handsomely and getting every weekend off. Some life.

Like I said before, make him want to leave. Sand dunes, in the squads, send him to obscure Hearts 11 friendlies.

I wish my work would banish me fully paid for doing **** all.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Levein getting a Harry Redknap - dog with swiss bank account routine ????

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Exactly.

Get him in the match day squads. The guy is being paid handsomely and getting every weekend off. Some life.

Like I said before, make him want to leave. Sand dunes, in the squads, send him to obscure Hearts 11 friendlies.

I'm more in this camp too. No evidence to suggest he has been disruptive which is something else and goes towards discipline, we gave him a contract to play football, seems absurd to me we dont ask him to play football, in the hope he will get pissed off and leave his well paid contract, we handed to him, on a plate. The ball is in our court not his

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Exactly.

The club are far too nice to do that, and he’s taking the place of someone who might contribute. 
To get him out we need him fit, but he has to want to leave, how you resolve these two isn’t easy. 
It’s not his fault he was given this contract, anymore than it was Oshiniwas, Sammon, Martin etc. 

kingantti1874
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Warnock knows him better than you, why should I listen to you saying he is lazy? What proof or character witness are you? No offence, but you dont know the boy, Warnock was his boss. 

Limited ability is something quite different, the crime was the issuance of a 4 year contract to a player who was not up to the job, just as it was with Maluary "Special Teams" Martin

I’ll be honest, I don’t give a flying F if you or anyone else or here choose to agree with me or not.  I’m not here to persuade anyone. 

ive watched and played football for 40 years.  In my opinion I’m qualified as is any other fan to offer and opinion on the efforts of any given player. And in my opinion Damour without doubt has ability(he showed it in flashes)  but is a lazy chicken hearted shitebag who was only here for the money. You can’t hide a lack of effort very well.

I’d hazard an overwhelming number of fans who witnessed his “efforts” first hand would agree with me and not you

and I’d hazard that the club and football management team also agree given we have absolutely sidelined one of our highest earners. There is nothing more damning than that!  How embarrassing for the lad. 

11 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

“Play crap and we’ll keep paying you for 2 years to stay. Plus use our facilities and staff and get all the tangible and non-tangible benefits that being associated with the club brings.” In the region of £400,000 plus. 

So your solution is to pay him £400,000 to go away, and allow him to join another club for even more cash. I'm sorry, that is absolutely crazy. If you want to improve performance, professionalism and discipline, giving people an easy way out with a life changing amount of money is very obviously not the way to do it. 

If my work would give us all two years salary for performing badly, you bet we'd all be messing up every day. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

I’ll be honest, I don’t give a flying F if you or anyone else or here choose to agree with me or not.  I’m not here to persuade anyone. 

ive watched and played football for 40 years.  In my opinion I’m qualified as is any other fan to offer and opinion on the efforts of any given player. And in my opinion Damour without doubt has ability(he showed it in flashes)  but is a lazy chicken hearted shitebag who was only here for the money. You can’t hide a lack of effort very well.

I’d hazard an overwhelming number of fans who witnessed his “efforts” first hand would agree with me and not you

and I’d hazard that the club and football management team also agree given we have absolutely sidelined one of our highest earners. There is nothing more damning than that!  How embarrassing for the lad. 

I'd rather trust a professional than an amateur, just me. I wouldn't get a joiner round to tell me how good a job a plumber had done, so taking yer flying thing with you :lol:

I'll give you one example of where I believe you are wrong, the Q-F with Aberdeen where Damours effort, albeit a talentless effort conceded penalties. I genuinely didnt see a lack of effort, just someone who turned up in the wrong movie, he is not alone there, my opinion not really coloured by length of contract or where he come from.

All about opinions, however if I'm going to castigate someone, like to back it up myself

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I'd rather trust a professional than an amateur, just me. I wouldn't get a joiner round to tell me how good a job a plumber had done, so taking yer flying thing with you :lol:

I'll give you one example of where I believe you are wrong, the Q-F with Aberdeen where Damours effort, albeit a talentless effort conceded penalties. I genuinely didnt see a lack of effort, just someone who turned up in the wrong movie, he is not alone there, my opinion not really coloured by length of contract or where he come from.

All about opinions, however if I'm going to castigate someone, like to back it up myself

I’ll trust the clubs judgement on this one

8 minutes ago, jamboj said:

So your solution is to pay him £400,000 to go away, and allow him to join another club for even more cash. I'm sorry, that is absolutely crazy. If you want to improve performance, professionalism and discipline, giving people an easy way out with a life changing amount of money is very obviously not the way to do it. 

If my work would give us all two years salary for performing badly, you bet we'd all be messing up every day. 

No. It’s not my solution. I’m not running the club. 

My comment was it is an expensive mistake and a tough decision would have to made. 

It will cost us to offload. It will cost us to keep.

You put a figure on it. 

Clearly, nobody is wanting him as we’d be giving him away for free if that were the case. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’ll trust the clubs judgement on this one

So we are agreed now then to an extent. For absence of doubt usually agree with yourself more than disagree. Though I suspect the club will be disappointed the strategy of exclusion has failed

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Nice comment mate. To be fair, we don’t know the ins and outs of why this player hasn’t been played and we don’t really know who’s fault it is. What we do know is he is a waste of a wage, taking money for nothing, so we should try and manage him out of the club and maybe save a bit

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, JimmyCant said:

Nice comment mate. To be fair, we don’t know the ins and outs of why this player hasn’t been played and we don’t really know who’s fault it is. What we do know is he is a waste of a wage, taking money for nothing, so we should try and manage him out of the club and maybe save a bit

Dont disagree with that either Jim. We dont know the ins and outs, for me its just too easy to blame a player, because they go against the club we all have a bias for

26 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The club are far too nice to do that, and he’s taking the place of someone who might contribute. 
To get him out we need him fit, but he has to want to leave, how you resolve these two isn’t easy. 
It’s not his fault he was given this contract, anymore than it was Oshiniwas, Sammon, Martin etc. 

Who's fault was it?

I wonder?

It's a poser alright.

I'll get back to you when I've worked it out.

Class of 75
31 minutes ago, Drumjambo said:

Levein getting a Harry Redknap - dog with swiss bank account routine ????

Good to see the fans starting to ask questions. Damour not the only player signed where questions need to be asked. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, martoon said:

Who's fault was it?

I wonder?

It's a poser alright.

I'll get back to you when I've worked it out.

I’m trying not to trigger myself so I don’t say his name, apparently nothing is his fault anymore though and he’s a PHM blah blah blah. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Good to see the fans starting to ask questions. Damour not the only player signed where questions need to be asked. 

More fans, a lot of us have questioned them for years. 

Class of 75
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

More fans, a lot of us have questioned them for years. 

Yep and Levein gets to carry on his summarising on BBC Radio as if he some sort of footballing great. 

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Yep and Levein gets to carry on his summarising on BBC Radio as if he some sort of footballing great. 

I am in agreement that Levein was a shocking manager for hearts second time round, but he is a good pundit and I actually enjoy listening to him when he's on. He knows his stuff, he just didnt know how to show it haha

27 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

No. It’s not my solution. I’m not running the club. 

My comment was it is an expensive mistake and a tough decision would have to made. 

It will cost us to offload. It will cost us to keep.

You put a figure on it

Clearly, nobody is wanting him as we’d be giving him away for free if that were the case. 

1) You presented it as your opinion of the best solution

2) My figure is a reasonable estimate

3) "Nobody is wanting him". You have no evidence of that. It would be reasonable to say nobody wants him at a salary he will accept in order to exit his hearts contract. But if we've paid him his full salary for the next two years, and someone offers him another salary, he is likely to take it. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

When Damour got his 4 year contract, that was borne out of desperation and failure to plan properly. Haring was out, we didnt take into account for how long, early weeks of the season showed a gaping hole in that area since Djoum had just left. Levein had not planned well.

He was then desperate to fill that hole and dished out a 4 year deal without doing due diligence quite obviously, a gamble. He tried to bolster it still by signing Whelan and poured more fuel on the fire, both very shortly after a disturbing start to the fatal season.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Can’t listen to him, everyone on there is a failure in football or they wouldn’t be on. Can’t wait for Brechin to go bust. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, jamboj said:

3) "Nobody is wanting him". You have no evidence of that. It would be reasonable to say nobody wants him at a salary he will accept in order to exit his hearts contract. But if we've paid him his full salary for the next two years, and someone offers him another salary, he is likely to take it. 

Why would you pay full salary though? No business would do that, you would negotiate at perhaps 75% of year 1 and 40 year 2

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Can’t listen to him, everyone on there is a failure in football or they wouldn’t be on. Can’t wait for Brechin to go bust. 

:rofl:

Thats so true, get sacked you are instantly BBCs next pundit

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, jamboj said:

I can’t see us giving him £400k to leave, it might be worth topping up a new salary at a new club though as has happened with other players/managers. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Sir Gio said:

:rofl:

Thats so true, get sacked you are instantly BBCs next pundit

Most of them didn’t want to go near the press when they were in the game 😆

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

When Damour got his 4 year contract, that was borne out of desperation and failure to plan properly. Haring was out, we didnt take into account for how long, early weeks of the season showed a gaping hole in that area since Djoum had just left. Levein had not planned well.

He was then desperate to fill that hole and dished out a 4 year deal without doing due diligence quite obviously, a gamble. He tried to bolster it still by signing Whelan and poured more fuel on the fire, both very shortly after a disturbing start to the fatal season.

Definitely, he had said we were going to rely on Irving and Clare who were just getting used to each other and played well in the first games. I don’t think Whelan or Damour had a proper preseason either, which is even more relevant to getting players in early just now. 

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

It's true we'd never have seen Damour or Whelan if Haring wasn't injured. The worst thing about the signing was that we had Cochrane, Irving and Smith who played that position. We also had Lee on our books. 

Levein handled replacing Djoum extremely badly, starting with waiting an age for him to make up his mind instead of moving on a replacement. I can see why. Djoum was an excellent player and a midfield of him and Haring would be a great combination, but we left it late to replace him.

Delighted we're now aiming for a less bloated squad with a pathway for youngsters.

Edited by ToqueJambo

8 minutes ago, jamboj said:

OK. 

You seem to labouring this for some reason. 

I’ll leave it with you.

I respect your opinion.

Have a great afternoon. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely, he had said we were going to rely on Irving and Clare who were just getting used to each other and played well in the first games. I don’t think Whelan or Damour had a proper preseason either, which is even more relevant to getting players in early just now. 

Its a good point, Irving, Clare, Cochrane, Lee hardly a defensive bone or shred of ability in them collectively let alone individually. 

Always preferable to get them in preseason of course, but if ever there were positions easy to play in and adjust I would say full back or defensive mid were the 2. Keeper some would argue, but good for him to gain a rapport and play some games with his centre backs and vice versa. 

Its not too late yet, final 2 section games though would like to see something close to the team that will play Celtic. 

English are a couple of weeks behind of course, however was reading Bielsa, notorious for having to integrate players for at least 4 weeks before he will play them has yet to make a signing but is confident their plan is in place. Perhaps an expectation within football itself that things will begin to move shortly then.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed