• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Sertse

• Last Laff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Long overdue tho criminal we're still paying wage this season but if it guarantees he's gone next May then we have to live with it but please Hearts let's learn this lesson..

Lone Striker
9 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Horrendous signing but blame lies firmly at leveins door for the amount of money wasted on guys like him

Yes... although surely Ann has to shoulder some responsibility too.   Maybe the whole fiasco just shows how much she trusted Levein's opinion on everything aspect of football.   If she  did question why the guy was worth a 4 year contract, maybe all CL had to do was reply "Trust me Ann".

Our new management structure hopefully means this type of thing can't happen again.    Hopefully.    Maybe. 🙄

3 hours ago, Beni said:

That would be a pretty good deal under the circumstances, but you'd expect it would save more than 100k, he's reputedly one of the higher earners, although the journalist might have just plucked that figure out of the air.

It was mentioned by Levein when he joined us that they had given him a longer contract on a reduced basic with appearance and other bonuses in top. £2k per week with another £1-2k if he plays is probably what was in his contract. Would make his decision to leave rather than sit it out understandable. He has next season to prove to other french clubs that he is worth a contract from Aug 22 onwards. 

gordiegords

Would love to ask Levein his opinion after reflecting on his signings of the last four years, utterly howling.Would love to ask Levein his opinion after reflecting on his signings of the last four years, utterly howling.

Guest ToqueJambo

The most annoying thing about the Damour signing compared with the other big flops Oshaniwa and Martin is while those two were in positions we were light in we didn't really need another central mid of his type, certainly not on a long contract. We maybe did need some cover for a season but we Bozanic then I think, plus youngsters like Irving, Smith and Cochrane, plus Whelan for a season although he signed just after which is also strange, and eventually Haring coming back.

Levein signing Damour then Whelan a week later is something he did too often. He did it when signing Edwards, Lee and Naismith too, then signing Mitchell when he had Garrucio. Give Levein a tight budget and he'd probably do well. Give him a decent budget and he just collected players.

August Landmesser
40 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

24 hours at most. 

Feels like this is going in circles

Francis Albert

Good luck to him. If as reported Hearts are saving a fair bit in wages at least he didn't hang around picking up a wage for doing nothing.

3 hours ago, john thomas said:

May well be on £4k a week but £100k is £2k a week ?

Confused with your arithmetic 

Damour was , indeed , a terrible signing but who knew that beforehand ?

If they are paying £100k which you are right is around £2k a week article states we are still covering "majority of wages" so we must be matching that at least, ergo £4k + per week

john thomas
35 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

If they are paying £100k which you are right is around £2k a week article states we are still covering "majority of wages" so we must be matching that at least, ergo £4k + per week

I thought we were paying £100k ?

Back at his natural level, I have said many times that we were duped into this signing by assuming that he was quality because he played for Cardiff. He has bounced around the lower levels of French and Belgian football before fluking a decent season in England in a hoofball team, got a decent transfer, stole some money from us and is now back playing semi-pro football in the French lower divisions....all around a very regrettable signing 

Edited by Bozi

Jambof3tornado
7 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Back at his natural level, I have said many times that we were duped into this signing by assuming that he was quality because he played for Cardiff. He has bounced around the lower levels of French and Belgian football before fluking a decent season in England in a hoofball team, got a decent transfer, stole some money from us and is now back playing semi-pro football in the French lower divisions....all around a very regrettable signing 

Sorry but thats not good enough. We cant just say he was rubbish. He cost us a fortune and rarely got a chance, yes he was pump when he did play but how did the club get it so wrong, is it all down to Levein or is that just an easy get out? Not having a go at you mate, just think it needs looked into given the money we put into our club.

22 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Sorry but thats not good enough. We cant just say he was rubbish. He cost us a fortune and rarely got a chance, yes he was pump when he did play but how did the club get it so wrong, is it all down to Levein or is that just an easy get out? Not having a go at you mate, just think it needs looked into given the money we put into our club.

Oh absolutely, I think it was a shocking signing overall, people on here kept going on about how "quality" and "track record" and yet when you look at his past clubs it was all 2nd and 3rd tier French and Belgian football. The Cardiff season was a blip in a largely forgettable,nomadic footballing career. 

The scouting of him was attrocious and thankfully, we have now gotten rid of everyone that was involved in bringing guys like this to the club.

As for Damour himself, I don't blame him, he simply wasn't good enough to play for a club the size of Hearts, when we flashed our knickers and offered him a long contract he would have been insane to turn it down 

Rick Sanchez

I was delighted when he signed 🤦‍♂️

I watched his obligatory YouTube video and thought he was the steel we needed in the middle of the pitch. He was quite aggressive and tidy. Boy was I wrong...he couldn't hack the pace and kept getting caught in possession.

Beni doesn't seem to have that problem judging by last night's display. And if he did he made sure he was getting it back.

6 minutes ago, Tynieman said:

Highlight reel for his best moments anyone? 😂

Hibs fans will be able to put a better one together than us.

jamboinglasgow

Didn't work out for either party and a 4 year contract was madness even when he signed. I dont blame him tbh, he seemed to try (though with some bad performances) when called upon but its clear but it will go down as a perfect example of what was wrong with signing players under Levein.

I think back to the summer of 2019 when we were linked with both him and Whelan, the talk was that it was one or the other. I thought at the time either would be good, then we signed both. At the time I was thrilled, but looking back it was madness to sign two expensive players who fit a similar role (and ended up neither being good enough.)

Wish him all the best in the future, but hope he is the last bad contract we hand out to a player.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Thanks for the memories Loic

Both of which slip my mind. Au revoir ya waste of space.

1 hour ago, Section N Rules said:

Hibs fans will be able to put a better one together than us.

👀 not sure they will as he was pretty damn good against them in the March 2020 game…

7 hours ago, sadj said:

👀 not sure they will as he was pretty damn good against them in the March 2020 game…

His horror show on boxing day defeat.

We're handing him the equivalent of a whole month's FOH contributions to go and play somewhere else.

This is the prime example of the ineptitude of the old recruitment regime.

A_A wehatethehibs

Would have been better off keeping Callachan. But the genius Levein had other ideas. Damour goes down as the worst Levein directorship signing and that takes some doing as theres 70 odd other shite ones

Leveins Battalion
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Would have been better off keeping Callachan. But the genius Levein had other ideas. Damour goes down as the worst Levein directorship signing and that takes some doing as theres 70 odd other shite ones

Not sure about that,Oshaniwa for me.😂😂

The midfielders we have had give me the fear,it all started with Kenny Anderson 🙈.

The latest in a long list of terrible signings. 
Every club does it -but we seem to do it with spectacular regularity. 

1 minute ago, Mister Dee said:

The latest in a long list of terrible signings. 
Every club does it -but we seem to do it with spectacular regularity. 

I’m hoping that with JS in post that there will be considerably fewer of that ilk in future.

21 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I’m hoping that with JS in post that there will be considerably fewer of that ilk in future.

me too, but this is Hearts….! 

RustyRightPeg
24 minutes ago, Deevers said:

He's started alright I suppose!

2 minutes ago, Mister Dee said:

me too, but this is Hearts….! 

True - but I think he’ll be looking at the players who are available and assessing them - not who the agent is.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed
jimmy the jambo

I hope some of the money freed up can help get another signing in,Don’t like the idea of getting rid of the younger players on loan and no plan B incase it goes tits up. 

Martin and Damour both so similar in everything from pedigree, pre hype, ability, attitude, desire, impact and now playing third tier football on the continent.

Never let this happen again Hearts.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Good news. Massive wages, 4 year deal, 32 years old when it expires, no sell on potential. Absolutely shambolic signing from start to finish. And he's shite. 

36 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Good news. Massive wages, 4 year deal, 32 years old when it expires, no sell on potential. Absolutely shambolic signing from start to finish. And he's shite. 

Spot on 👍

FFS.

Can't catch a break. We finally get rid and he's going to be just down the road from me. 🤣

Thankfully nobody I know here watches LM.

Pasquale for King
On 03/08/2021 at 18:27, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Criminal signing really, not the first but hopefully the last. 

Damour career highlight at Hearts was looking no bad against Spartans 😂

Just a waste of space money and time. I'm glad we are running the club transfers different to how Craig was doing it. If Craig was still here we would have 8 new player on 3/4 year deals. 

On 03/08/2021 at 20:08, John Findlay said:

Hope he lasts at least 24hrs there.

That’s actually quite a good post for you, well done.