Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed

Sertse

2 hours ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Where has that been suggested? 

Doug has a bee in his bonnet about ‘lack of information’ from the club.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Sertse

• Last Laff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Yes Hearts have been sold a PUP in Damour and to our cost he has been one of many. Neilson, Cathro,  Levein, & Neilson again have one thing in common. Damour must love living in the Edinburgh area, getting a nice wage every month, maybe wife & kids settled with a wee job and school, nice car, no pressure at work yes it sounds like a great life. 

4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Yes Hearts have been sold a PUP in Damour and to our cost he has been one of many. Neilson, Cathro,  Levein, & Neilson again have one thing in common. Damour must love living in the Edinburgh area, getting a nice wage every month, maybe wife & kids settled with a wee job and school, nice car, no pressure at work yes it sounds like a great life. 

How on earth has Neilson anything to do with signing Damour. Stupid comment.

55 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

How on earth has Neilson anything to do with signing Damour. Stupid comment.

You want a list of PUPS he has signed. Starting with Connor Sammon, and many more.

1 hour ago, Rave MacPherson said:

It was you that used the word suggested!! Ee by gum you're hard work! 

:lol: 

1 hour ago, Rave MacPherson said:

I know. I'm starting a petition to get Budge to snapchat him 

:thumbsup: 

5 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:lol: 

:thumbsup: 

I was quoting Rave Macpherson.  Concentrate.  

Some on here have very short memories.  Many posters  including myself were outraged that the club had nothing to say for days after the Brora fiasco.  When we did get a statement we were told that it was very disappointing but we were concentrating on the league.

My opinion is that the club have been very poor communicators for a long time now.  No one else should feel obliged to share that view although I suspect that many are of a like mind.

4 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Some on here have very short memories.  Many posters  including myself were outraged that the club had nothing to say for days after the Brora fiasco.  When we did get a statement we were told that it was very disappointing but we were concentrating on the league.

My opinion is that the club have been very poor communicators for a long time now.  No one else should feel obliged to share that view although I suspect that many are of a like mind.

Don’t tell me to ‘concentrate’ Doug.  Just don’t.

You are patronising in the extreme.

The trouble is, you’re not very adept at it.

jambopilms
3 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Exactly the problem. The folk who demand a statement are the same folk who rage that the statement didn't say exactly as they wanted. The club shouldn't pander to the needs of KB or Facebook sorts. They should say something when there is something to say. 

5 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Exactly the problem. The folk who demand a statement are the same folk who rage that the statement didn't say exactly as they wanted. The club shouldn't pander to the needs of KB or Facebook sorts. They should say something when there is something to say. 

And, on that perfect summary, I rest my case to Doug.  

Just now, Rave MacPherson said:

I'm sure someone else said that before. I'm terrible with names. 

:qqb006:

Randy Marsh

Manure will be with us till the summer of 2023.  We have a situation on a similar scale to Bobo Balde at Celtic a few years ago.  Just running down his contract while £0,000s hit his bank account each week.  Can't really blame the player though.  4 year deal!  Well done Levein you feckin parasite. :rofl:

And now for something almost completely different.  Does anyone on here know if contracted players have any rights when it comes to being loaned out?  Put more simply, can they refuse?

I asked that question previously on this thread but can't see a response.  The reason for asking is obvious.  If we can loan him out, why haven't we done it?  Unless he's still injured of course.  We don't know that.

As usual, we don't know much.  Wonder how Ginnelly's getting on.

Jim Panzee
10 hours ago, sadj said:

I still think that a player like Falcao could have made his way back to the same level but mentality he was shot more than physically and didnt cope over here. 

Taking him aside the basics of what I said there stand. 

Nistlerooy did ok at Man Utd after recovering from a bad knee injury - cruciate was it?

8 hours ago, mitch41 said:

You want a list of PUPS he has signed. Starting with Connor Sammon, and many more.

Think you’ll find Cathro was behind signing of Sammon.

Tommy Brown
2 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Has my mind went haywire??

Sammon scored at Tyney when we lost the maltese mob.  No?

King prawn
2 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Sammon was signed 4 months before Cathro joined the club 

Connor Sammon signing really wound me up, it was clear as day that he was a total huddy. Every striker will have a purple patch and have one good season but my god this guy managed to dine out on his for a whole career, that signing was the turning point for Neilsons managerial career looking back.

9 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

And now for something almost completely different.  Does anyone on here know if contracted players have any rights when it comes to being loaned out?  Put more simply, can they refuse?

I asked that question previously on this thread but can't see a response.  The reason for asking is obvious.  If we can loan him out, why haven't we done it?  Unless he's still injured of course.  We don't know that.

Of course a player can refuse to go out on loan as a new contract is required between all parties and they all must all sign.

So if a club coime to us and say can we take player X on loan and the two clubs agree it is then down to the player himself to decide if he wants to go.

If he refuses then it might not look great but it is his choice. Younger players tend to be more likely to accept as they are eager to learn and impress.

Jambof3tornado
9 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Players usually have to agree terms with loan clubs which would hint I suppose there is leeway to not agree and therefore refuse the loan.

Not sure of Damours family situation but genuinely I'll be amazed if we cant loan him out this coming season. His career is passing him by.

Or will he get another chance and be a revelation??

I think calling the guy a prick etc is a bit moronic tbh.

He signed a deal in good faith and has never appeared to take the huff despite being squeezed out after a handful of matches.

We can’t blame him for not just taking any old offer.....he has a family and will want to live somewhere they can settle and he’ll want to continue to earn as much as he can.

4 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

No he wasn’t RN and McInnes both wanted him , Craig Levein said he didn’t think he was the right fit but RN still wanted him so we signed him

4 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Has my mind went haywire??

Sammon scored at Tyney when we lost the maltese mob.  No?

Na your mind is fine 🤣

49 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

He signed a deal in good faith and has never appeared to take the huff despite being squeezed out after a handful of matches.

We can’t blame him for not just taking any old offer.....he has a family and will want to live somewhere they can settle and he’ll want to continue to earn as much as he can.

Dont be bloody sensible , keyboarding mashing rage or you aint a PHM 🤣

2 hours ago, King prawn said:

Sammon was signed 4 months before Cathro joined the club 

1 hour ago, Jambo92 said:

Connor Sammon signing really wound me up, it was clear as day that he was a total huddy. Every striker will have a purple patch and have one good season but my god this guy managed to dine out on his for a whole career, that signing was the turning point for Neilsons managerial career looking back.

He was also signed in direct competition with Aberdeen for his signature

1 hour ago, sadj said:

He was also signed in direct competition with Aberdeen for his signature

Google to the rescue again.

2 hours ago, DH1986 said:

He is a prick to me.  He signed for my club and has given **** all in return.  Instead of him parting ways to chase playing football he is clearly happy to sit and do **** all on the club's tab.

I despise him and wish him no good fortune and no good luck.

He is a ***** - **** him.

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

He is a prick to me.  He signed for my club and has given **** all in return.  Instead of him parting ways to chase playing football he is clearly happy to sit and do **** all on the club's tab.

I despise him and wish him no good fortune and no good luck.

He is a ***** - **** him.

bit harsh

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Google to the rescue again.

I remember it clearly and I can't remember what I had for dinner last night

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

bit harsh

I'm an old school Hearts fan. No rainbows and unicorns in my world

Hate is good

:fonzie:

6 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

No he wasn’t it was RN.  🤓

19 hours ago, wavydavy said:

This article in the EEN would confirm that. Here is an extract from it. dated 5 Dec 2020.

He told the Edinburgh Evening News : “Loic is back training and he's been fine. His problem seems to have cleared up and he is in full training, so we will see how he is.

“He has only been back about a week after being off for a while so it will be some time before he's ready.

Aye it’ll be 2 years before he’s 100% and ready for a new club. 

Hopefully he will be the last of the journeymen type signings particularly on long contracts.  

16 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Aye it’ll be 2 years before he’s 100% and ready for a new club. 

Hopefully not but it would not surprise me in the least.

21 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Hopefully he will be the last of the journeymen type signings particularly on long contracts.  

Said same with the other French flop.

Edited by Last Laff

17 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Is that your view on all matters or just some?  For example, when we lost to Brora and Alloa do you think it reasonable for the club to make no statement at all afterwards?

I think good communication with supporters is critical if you want to retain their enthusiasm and support.  Simple as that.  I also think Hearts let us down badly in that regard although they have improved a bit of late.

17 hours ago, Morgan said:

Don’t tell me to ‘concentrate’ Doug.  Just don’t.

You are patronising in the extreme.

The trouble is, you’re not very adept at it.

Thanks for sharing.  Profuse apologies.  I have taken your criticism to heart and give you a case iron assurance that I will ignore you completely from this point on.

26 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Is that your view on all matters or just some?  For example, when we lost to Brora and Alloa do you think it reasonable for the club to make no statement at all afterwards?

I think good communication with supporters is critical if you want to retain their enthusiasm and support.  Simple as that.  I also think Hearts let us down badly in that regard although they have improved a bit of late.

Am I the only guy who thought Neilson should of resigned straight after the worst result in the history of Heart of Midlothian Football Club. Where is his pride, where is his so called love for Hearts and has the man no honour that should come with being Manager of Hearts. How can he face the support, the media, the grounds man and any person who either supports or works for Hearts. I mean it was Brora Rangers for gods sake, Brora Rangers ! His team, his signings, his fault and if he has the final say on signings I pity Joe Savage working with Neilson. It must be a rare skill that Neilson has when he signs a good player or brings a talented youngster from the youths and manages to make that player WORSE.

Damour is just another problem  that a manager with man management skills should be able to solve. Rather that pay the guy for 2 years make him an offer he can’t refuse. Q the Godfather tune.

Edited by mitch41

10 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Am I the only guy who thought Neilson should of resigned straight after the worst result in the history of Heart of Midlothian Football Club. Where is his pride, where is his so called love for Hearts and has the man no honour that should come with being Manager of Hearts. How can he face the support, the media, the grounds man and any person who either supports or works for Hearts. I mean it was Brora Rangers for gods sake, Brora Rangers ! His team, his signings, his fault and if he has the final say on signings I pity Joe Savage working with Neilson. It must be a rare skill that Neilson has when he signs a good player or brings a talented youngster from the youths and manages to make that player WORSE.

You are most certainly not alone.  Don't forget that Brora came shortly on the back of Alloa, two of the worst results in our history within a few short months.

AB carries the can imo.  Just as she should have sacked levein after the 0-5 fiasco, she should have sacked Neilson after Brora given that neither did the honourable thing by resigning.

5 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

You are most certainly not alone.  Don't forget that Brora came shortly on the back of Alloa, two of the worst results in our history within a few short months.

AB carries the can imo.  Just as she should have sacked levein after the 0-5 fiasco, she should have sacked Neilson after Brora given that neither did the honourable thing by resigning.

Spot on.

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Thanks for sharing.  Profuse apologies.  I have taken your criticism to heart and give you a case iron assurance that I will ignore you completely from this point on.

Thanks for sharing.  No apologies from me however.  I’m glad your ‘case iron’ is assured and I look forward to ignoring you too.

19 minutes ago, Morgan said:

An angel you’re not, R.  👍

Hahaha cheers G , ruining my image 🤣

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed