• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Sertse

• Last Laff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Probably around 800k to a million wasted on this guy. 1 million pounds he’s taking out of our club! Sick to my stomach thinking about that!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

I think his role in Cardiff's promotion is a bit overplayed. He started 18 out of 46 games (and 9 sub appearances), whether that makes him a regular or not is open to individual interpretation.

Pro rata it's equivalent to someone starting 11 games for Hearts in the season just gone.

I'll be honest thought he had played more. Did play all the way through the French national team age groups too.

Anyway, probably all irrelevant anyway. Just dont see the point in burning 2 years wages, but I'm not seeing him every day.

Harry Potter
24 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Back of the group, looking uninterested?

Extra training in the afternoon will buck his ideas up.

Still at the back, looking uninterested?

Let's head to Gullane Sands. Every day.

Unprofessional attitude needs sorted and we have the right to work the **** until he runs crying to his agent.

gullane sands, lol, 🙂feel exausted thinking about that.

2 hours ago, JTJ said:

Clear nobody on here has ever run a football team. People seen as not  trying/not interested are dumped in all grades of football as troublemakers or a bad influence. What is interesting is that both Martin and Damour preferred extra years to a higher wage i.e. spreading the money over longer. That in itself is a slight tip as to them being happy to jog along in a comfort zone. 

Neither seem/seemed bothered about not playing so I doubt appearance money is involved. Winning medals also appears not too important - we were handing out medals for very few appearances last season!

I'll have you know I've got hundreds of hours on Football Manager

The guy doesn't even deserve his own thread.  Can they not be merged into Levein and Neilsons costly flop thread?

55 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Respectfully Damour and Irving played 50%-50% of the games in a relegation season that got 2 managers sacked.

4 wins from 31 and folk are complaining about the new manager that came in, and didn't want to keep any of them absolute car crash players? Besides Smith Walker and Halkett?

"last season the midfield hardly lit up" - yes but it won 17 out of 27 so, happy ****ing days, compared to the last shambolic pathetic mess of Bozanic, Clare, Damour, Whelan, Irving who, I repeat, got 2 manager sacked through one of the most abysmal runs ever, a 12.9% win percentage and relegated. Somehow bizarrely folk think some of them guys were alright. Laughable; can only assume these  fans who say that only watched the 4 wins, and didn't watch the 27 (twenty seven) defeats and draws. 

Now, with very little money spent on the championship, we are going up with 12 more wasters emptied and a war chest to improve the team. Folk can ****ing forget Damour, he's pish and not ever playing again here. Good luck to him at his next club or if he stays, wage thief. The manager is blameless for the situation and it is a genuine piss take that folk are trying to have a pop at Neilson for having no interest in playing Damour. 

Agree wholeheartedly. I'm no fan of boab but why would he play someone who has zero desire to play?

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Sertse said:

Agree wholeheartedly. I'm no fan of boab but why would he play someone who has zero desire to play?

Stick him on the bench and let him hear what the fans think of him.

Harry Potter
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Yer a hard man NB, no holding back, lol.

Nookie Bear
Just now, Harry Potter said:

Yer a hard man NB, no holding back, lol.

Meh, i'm just grumping at the guy for winning the Jambo Lottery :laugh2:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Just asking for a friend......who actually knows for sure Damour doesnt want to play? Has he said this. Friend just playing devils advocate and wondering if this is one sided argument???

The Treasurer
37 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Back of the group, looking uninterested?

Extra training in the afternoon will buck his ideas up.

Still at the back, looking uninterested?

Let's head to Gullane Sands. Every day.

Unprofessional attitude needs sorted and we have the right to work the **** until he runs crying to his agent.

If the club put him on double training sessions and he refused, could we claim breach of contract and get rid 

Nookie Bear
Just now, The Treasurer said:

If the club put him on double training sessions and he refused, could we claim breach of contract and get rid 

He would probably sue us for hurting his feelings and send us the dry cleaning bill for removing the tears from his pyjamas.

9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

That would definitely 'encourage' him to find a new club, I like your thinking😂

The Treasurer
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

He would probably sue us for hurting his feelings and send us the dry cleaning bill for removing the tears from his pyjamas.

Either that or develop a mystery injury 

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Just asking for a friend......who actually knows for sure Damour doesnt want to play? Has he said this. Friend just playing devils advocate and wondering if this is one sided argument???

Why wouldn't ask to go out on loan to the likes of Queens Park or Morton.

2 hours ago, Deevers said:

I reckon that his agent will be busy just now seeking out a new destination for him - he’ll still be looking  for a payout from us before he goes though. A shocking signing in so many ways. That said however, I can still remember the clamour from quite a few on here to get that deal over the line.

Yes, hindsight makes everything look easy! He'd a decent CV but water under the bridge now and we can hope you are right about his agent 😃

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Why wouldn't ask to go out on loan to the likes of Queens Park or Morton.

How do you know hasn't?

How do you know hasn't?

How do you know hasn't?

Why would we turn down any request to shop window him at the very least?

3 hours ago, Deevers said:

I suspect there was probably a healthy wedge in appearance bonuses involved and that’s why he was not used. 

Yeah, that's a decent shout.  Why give him that contract in the first place then???

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

Why would we turn down any request to shop window him at the very least?

Who said he had, or is it just what is in peoples heads. Its a genuine question, has he actually been quoted?

Jambof3tornado

There is no way we havent put loan deals on the table in front of damour. Its pretty clear he has become very awkward to deal with.

No reason not to accept a loan yet several windows have been and gone.

Waste of a footballer, bigger waste of a wage, Levein should hang his head in shame.

4 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

He is not a resource he is a liability. He will LOSE you games, not win them. It is genuinely laughable that you think you can criticise the management for not wanting to play a crap wage thief midfielder signed on a dreadful contract by a former manager. 

Rangers and Hibs , he was pretty ****ign good in those

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

He was shit in the derby at home.   Sure he cost both goals and was hooked at halftime. 

Edited by Last Laff

1 hour ago, Rave MacPherson said:

How do you know he has zero desire to play? 

If he did I'm sure he would have at least found his way on to the bench.

22 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Who said he had, or is it just what is in peoples heads. Its a genuine question, has he actually been quoted?

Nah, a wall of silence.  See Oshiwhatever, Edwards, Martin, Whelan and many many others. 

5 hours ago, Boris said:

I just think it's a shame that the management have been unable to get Damour playing.

Seems weird to have this resource available, and to not exploit it in some way.

Cue calls of "He's shite".  I don't think he is, and I'm not a fan of freezing anyone out.  It's cutting of your nose to spite your face.  IMO.

He cost us a goal in practically every game he played.

One of the worst, possibly even the worst, signing we’ve ever made.

A_A wehatethehibs
21 minutes ago, sadj said:

****ing what about his other 16 games 

Ross county 0-0 at home

celtic away, beat 3-1

motherwell beat us 3-2 at home

st Mirren 0-0

killie beat us 1-0 at home

st Johnstone another 1-0 loss

do you want me to keep going?

Hibs at Tynecastle what about that eh. 0-2 hooked at half time

It keeps going like that.

He is SHITE 

7 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Nobody knows what the situation is. Its easy to just create a scenario in our heads and then decide its the case though, eh? 

Nah you're right, we should just sit quiet and not say anything when one of our top 3 highest earning players doesn't play any games at all

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Nah, a wall of silence.  See Oshiwhatever, Edwards, Martin, Whelan and many many others. 

So after all of that, we dont really know what Damours stance is? JKB had decided he didnt want to play, or a meringue?

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

So after all of that, we dont really know what Damours stance is? JKB had decided he didnt want to play, or a meringue?

You can only look at the facts.  He's not made the bench in months and hasn't went out on loan.  Highly frustrating. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

You can only look at the facts.  He's not made the bench in months and hasn't went out on loan.  Highly frustrating. 

Dont disagree with that and better to get shot of, we gave the dude a 4 year deal, this one sadly goes back on Radio Scotlands prize summariser. Just not sure, other than being in poor form this one is down to Damour, I know I wouldnt be ripping up a 4 year deal, because the fans want to spend the cash I was promised on somebody to come and take my job. Who would?

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Dont disagree with that and better to get shot of, we gave the dude a 4 year deal, this one sadly goes back on Radio Scotlands prize summariser. Just not sure, other than being in poor form this one is down to Damour, I know I wouldnt be ripping up a 4 year deal, because the fans want to spend the cash I was promised on somebody to come and take my job. Who would?

All fair points and completely agree.  I don't understand why no loan then unless nobody wants him either?  Even that must be better for the laddie than not playing any competitive football? 

6 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Always have to laugh at these ‘worst ever’ posts. Obviously posted by people with memory issues. We’ve signed so much s***e over the decades that it’s impossible to rank order them!

Value for money wise he must come close tbh. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

All fair points and completely agree.  I don't understand why no loan then unless nobody wants him either?  Even that must be better for the laddie than not playing any competitive football? 

Yeah you would think someone would take him, as I was saying earlier perhaps the family have settled in Edinburgh well and he just doesnt want to leave the city for personal reasons. Who knows but never a situation that benefits anyone I dont think

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Yeah you would think someone would take him, as I was saying earlier perhaps the family have settled in Edinburgh well and he just doesnt want to leave the city for personal reasons. Who knows but never a situation that benefits anyone I dont think

He also said that Levein trusted him and Warnock never.  It's wrong to assume also Warnock tipped him off to Levein as we got close to signing him before he went to Cardiff so then offered him a four year gig to finally get him.  That shows Levein scouted him for a good three years before even signing him.  

He may well want to stay in Edinburgh on probably the best contract he's going to earn now. Man the guy still has 2 years left on his deal too.  

Damour staying in the group or going out on loan will likely not happen until all players are back and RN has all his signings placed.  Usually teams do not consider loan players until after the season start date by which time they have had difficulty signing contract targets.

32 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Always have to laugh at these ‘worst ever’ posts. Obviously posted by people with memory issues. We’ve signed so much s***e over the decades that it’s impossible to rank order them!

How many of those players have taken the absolute piss like he has? 

Is that what i said? No it isn't, is it? You just keep letting any thought rattle about that head till it comes out a "true fact" eh? 

You sound pretty angry

21 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

You can hear me type? 

I can see you're absolutely fuming that someone (if not everyone in the thread) insinuated your beloved Loic might not want to play for us and that's why he hasn't played any games. You sure you're alright? Not very rational to attack posters on a forum for idk...having an opinion is it?

5 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Don't get what you mean?

The training regime he may cope with. The fact is he's slow and that's never going to change. 

3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I would try and pay him off if we want rid. He wont get a better deal than he’s got at the moment but he may be happy to move if we make up the shortfall. 

The problem is the longer he goes without playing, the harder it is for him to get a contract anywhere else, even if we pay him off.

Cant see Robbie ever picking that wage thief.

4 hours ago, weehammy said:

How has he taken the piss?
Hearts were daft enough to give him a 4 year deal.

As far as we know he hasn’t refused to play.

Whatever his limitations he could comfortably have contributed to our midfield in the Championship.

Oshinawa Martin Sammon did exactly the same. 

TyphoonJambo
On 18/06/2021 at 09:56, martoon said:

I reckon the mods would get there first with an amended title, TJ.

Loic Damour:

GONE-thumbsq.thumb.jpg.9b54eede7334d9b51362a94eb194f218.jpg

Cheers Rave,a dream come true,if only

upgotheheads

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Warnock rates him so highly but doesn’t want to sign him. Sums it up perfectly.

I have posted on here before that the only game I remember Damour being any good was at Hamilton, where he played higher up and did exactly what Warnock said. He's a liability with the ball at his feet in his own half, trying to be a footballer. 

Edited by upgotheheads

42 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I have posted on here before that the only game I remember Damour being any good was at Hamilton, where he played higher up and did exactly what Warnock said. He's a liability with the ball at his feet in his own half, trying to be a footballer. 

As he proved on several instances by being robbed of the ball resulting in giving away goals.

What irritated me most about this was not that he made a mistake (we all do that) it was his lack of attempting to try and win the ball back and just giving up.

That tells me a bit about his attitude. He may have ability but it is useless without any drive and determination.

The sooner we get rid of him the better in my opinion.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed