Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed

Sertse

Rocky jamboa
6 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Absolutely clueless. Damour cost us nearly as many points as The Hologram during that relegation season, with his slack pathetic surrenders of possesion  and half arsed jogs back, nearly every game. 

As for Martin you are the first person I have ever seen say “he wasn’t that bad” 

They are the 2 worst most costly disastrous wage thieves of the Levein-budge era. 

Whove we “kept playing” that’s been worse than either of them 2? 

Frear for starters. Poppadom hands. The list is endless over the last 5 years. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Sertse

• Last Laff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

A_A wehatethehibs
3 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Frear for starters. Poppadom hands. The list is endless over the last 5 years. 

Frear hasn’t “kept playing” he’s had what 7 games total in a hearts shirt?? short term cheap wage championship squaddie. 

Damour was just as bad as that Man United wonderkid goalie last season. Absolutely dreadful midfielder. 0 redeeming qualities. No good delivery, passing, not fast or good physically. Just gets robbed and misplaces passes and puts you on the back foot game after game. As culpable as hologram last season. 

Rocky jamboa
5 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Frear hasn’t “kept playing” he’s had what 7 games total in a hearts shirt?? short term cheap wage championship squaddie. 

Damour was just as bad as that Man United wonderkid goalie last season. Absolutely dreadful midfielder. 0 redeeming qualities. No good delivery, passing, not fast or good physically. Just gets robbed and misplaces passes and puts you on the back foot game after game. As culpable as hologram last season. 

He had some decent games too. My point is he isn't that horrendously bad that we couldn't have played him in a crappy championship. 

Out of the 11 players listed I didn’t see Popescu on the list I hope he’s still under contract because I’d hate to think that he wasn’t freed. 

I’d of hoped we’d of been able to get a better Left Back than Kingsley or Halliday. 

Edited by mitch41

31 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Out of the 11 players listed I didn’t see Popescu on the list I hope he’s still under contract because I’d hate to think that he wasn’t freed. 

I’d of hoped we’d of been able to get a better Left Back than Kingsley or Halliday. 

Kingsley is more than adequate for the prem IMO

kingantti1874
45 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Really? Both of them more than good enough. Just about the last position we need to strengthen 

13 minutes ago, jamle1874 said:

We’ll see.

It is the fact he is not so desperate to play football that he is tearing up the contract himself. What a ****ing waster.

There has been about 90 forgetable wtf signings since her majesty took over. Most were not the end of the world but Damour and Martin are beyond any form of even tenuous mitigation.

Edited by i8hibsh

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Really? Both of them more than good enough. Just about the last position we need to strengthen 

Really ! Time will tell.

colinmaroon

I'll have to stop being on here last thing at night.   There isn't some absolute merde on here and that's not counting the blessed subtraction of the " Ignored!"

24 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

I'll have to stop being on here last thing at night.   There isn't some absolute merde on here and that's not counting the blessed subtraction of the " Ignored!"

If you meant "there is" then I agree.

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

For people who have seen both, how does Damour match up to kante?

Damour Kante even be arsed trying to get a game.

Ibrahim Tall
3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Think Damour is taller.

9 hours ago, jamle1874 said:

Kingsley is one of the few skilful players at the club.

8 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

There has been about 90 forgetable wtf signings since her majesty took over. Most were not the end of the world but Damour and Martin are beyond any form of even tenuous mitigation.

She can only go on the advice she gets. Unfortunately the advice on signing both came from people who were supposed to understand football, but clearly didn’t.

frankblack
5 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Kingsley is one of the few skilful players at the club.

My only concern is his defending.

TyphoonJambo
4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Easy, Kante can, our can't,can't.

Edited by TypoonJambo

Auldbenches

Is there no chance of even getting him to go out on loan?   Surely he can't just sit here for another two years?  

Hopefully this type of signing never happens again.  

Jim Panzee
9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

It is the fact he is not so desperate to play football that he is tearing up the contract himself. What a ****ing waster.

totally agree. he's never going to get a game for us - so if he's like nearly all footballers in the world - surely he'd do anything to get game time - so agree to leave mutually.

9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Damour on paper looked a great signing. I don't recall a single dissenting voice suggesting he shouldn't come here. 

5 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Damour on paper looked a great signing. I don't recall a single dissenting voice suggesting he shouldn't come here. 

Most of the duds have been.  We need to stop signing players just going by their wikipedia stats.  We need to look deeper into them - especially those who we are signing long term like Loic dudmour.  What is he like as a person, how will he interact with the other players.  Is he injury prone, how many games has he averaged  a season up to this point, is he hungry and ambitious? is he a winner? how is his attitude?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

totally agree. he's never going to get a game for us - so if he's like nearly all footballers in the world - surely he'd do anything to get game time - so agree to leave mutually.

I would put my hands up and thought it was a good one. Played 80% of a promotion winning season under Warnock and was replaced for the Premier League but still managed some game time. Bitter disappointment, Warnocks man management skills must have worked wonders with him

We'd be better letting him go on loan somewhere even if we ended up having to pay 100% of his wages.  If we'd done that last season and he did well there might have been someone willing to take him this summer.

Our current approach means we will be paying his salary for the next two years IMO.

A_A wehatethehibs
3 minutes ago, andrew said:

We'd be better letting him go on loan somewhere even if we ended up having to pay 100% of his wages.  If we'd done that last season and he did well there might have been someone willing to take him this summer.

Our current approach means we will be paying his salary for the next two years IMO.

AFAIK it was tried. The conclusion is that nobody, absolutely nobody, wants him. Not even Stirling Albion or Brechin city.  Even Connor Sammon and Martin had teams willing to take a chance on them. Not Damour. The type of midfielder to lose you football games. His career was over the minute he got a 4 year deal at Hearts. Feet up. We would have been far far better off keeping Ross Callachan at least Ross, donkey as he was, worked his socks off every minute he put the shirt on.

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

AFAIK it was tried. The conclusion is that nobody, absolutely nobody, wants him. Not even Stirling Albion or Brechin city.  Even Connor Sammon and Martin had teams willing to take a chance on them. Not Damour. The type of midfielder to lose you football games. His career was over the minute he got a 4 year deal at Hearts. Feet up. We would have been far far better off keeping Ross Callachan at least Ross, donkey as he was, worked his socks off every minute he put the shirt on.

Ross will be pleased to read that I’m sure  😯

Auldbenches
30 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

I think it's justified criticism giving him a four year deal after Martin.  Shouldn't have signed him if that was the only deal he would accept.

No more than two year contracts after Martin would've been more sensible.  

Wasted a fortune.  

Auldbenches
16 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Levein should pick up Damours wage tab.

Arsehole ruined us. 

How you getting that..?  

A_A wehatethehibs
8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Ross will be pleased to read that I’m sure  😯

Maybe he will be keen to prove my donkey comment wrong when he sensationally returns!

His touch wasn't the best but I don't think you could find 1 fan that wouldn't take him over Damour. 

gordiegords

All 11 released have failed to some degree, Moore maybe not so much, had high hopes for him. 

as for damour....*** waste of space, shame of the club for this type of signing, leveins mess. 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Maybe he will be keen to prove my donkey comment wrong when he sensationally returns!

His touch wasn't the best but I don't think you could find 1 fan that wouldn't take him over Damour. 

Damour was/is a major disappointment. So far off the pace despite his recent pedigree. 

Auldbenches
2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Damour was his 'coup'.

One of his better signings.  You have to avoid thinking what he has done to this club or you would cry.  

Amazed that some still sing his praises on here.   

Howdy Doody Jambo

Still camping here? He is like one of those persons that sit in a coffee shop all day sipping the same drink for 6 hours using the wifi and table as an office 

Edited by The Maroon Pound

colinmaroon
8 hours ago, Awbdy Oot said:

If you meant "there is" then I agree.

Thanks!  Told you it was late at night.

Jim Panzee
47 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Most of the duds have been.  We need to stop signing players just going by their wikipedia stats.  We need to look deeper into them - especially those who we are signing long term like Loic dudmour.  What is he like as a person, how will he interact with the other players.  Is he injury prone, how many games has he averaged  a season up to this point, is he hungry and ambitious? is he a winner? how is his attitude?

agree i8. much more to a player than stats. Levein almost tried to create a team of star players - instead of creating a star team. also makes you wonder what we as a club do off the field to help a player settle.

1 hour ago, Auldbenches said:

Is there no chance of even getting him to go out on loan?   Surely he can't just sit here for another two years?  

Hopefully this type of signing never happens again.  

Even if we did manage to send him out on loan we’d still have to pick up a large chunk of his huge wages (much like we did with berra) 

I don’t blame damour for his contract, its merely a symptom of the sheer incompetence of the people running our club. 

Jim Panzee
47 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

agree i8. much more to a player than stats. Levein almost tried to create a team of star players - instead of creating a star team. also makes you wonder what we as a club do off the field to help a player settle.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

To be fair, Damour seems very well settled. 

will-i-am-a-jambo
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Aye that's right back home in France whilst picking up a significant wage from us 🤬

Bearing in mind he was signed under the high basic/low bonus wage structure, sitting on the sidelines won't be making much of a dent in his lifestyle.

He has no incentive to go anywhere without a massive payoff. 

From the horse's mouth:

"And the 29-year-old, in an interview in his homeland, admitted he signed for Hearts because they made him an offer he couldn't turn down.

He said: "Hearts showed great interest in me and offered me a contract I couldn't refuse when I was 28. Hearts are a very big club in Scotland. For me and my family, it was hard to say no".

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/loic-damour-hearts-confession-midfielder-22013380.amp

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

My only concern is his defending.

👍   Kingsley appears to struggle when faced with an opponent with pace. Got done a few times in the championship which is a worry for next season.

Edited by hisnameis

Jim Panzee
8 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Aye that's right back home in France whilst picking up a significant wage from us 🤬

took the words out of my mouth

5 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Bearing in mind he was signed under the high basic/low bonus wage structure, sitting on the sidelines won't be making much of a dent in his lifestyle.

From the horse's mouth:

"And the 29-year-old, in an interview in his homeland, admitted he signed for Hearts because they made him an offer he couldn't turn down.

He said: "Hearts showed great interest in me and offered me a contract I couldn't refuse when I was 28. Hearts are a very big club in Scotland. For me and my family, it was hard to say no".

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/loic-damour-hearts-confession-midfielder-22013380.amp

you could interpret that two ways - he wanted to join a very big club in scotland and move his family to an amazing city. Or, snout in the trough money wise for 4 years. he's possibly come up with a financial plan to allow him to retire from football at 32 and do something else. 

shame. he showed plenty of desire at cardiff. was playing in front of similar sized crowds.

at least we now have low salary / high bonus contracts. lesson learnt 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Where about? The Edinburgh Baristas and bistros?

1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

Direct from the mouth of an ex Hearts player,   who said the club has gone down the route of signing players who the fans might see as a big name, rather than players who would fit into a set style of play, signings are made to appease the fans expectations, to be fair he probably fits into that category himself.

13 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Is this joker still kicking about taking a top wage?  He should be jailed. 

At least Dick Turpin wore a mask.

1 hour ago, fancy a brew said:

From the horse's mouth:

The guy must be loving it, sitting back loving life after winning the craig levein lottery.  

Jim Panzee
14 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Direct from the mouth of an ex Hearts player,   who said the club has gone down the route of signing players who the fans might see as a big name, rather than players who would fit into a set style of play, signings are made to appease the fans expectations, to be fair he probably fits into that category himself.

suspect this was the approach pre Nielsen's return? seems to make sense if true - Clare, Berra, Naismith, Tziolis, Lafferty, Clare, Damour, Whelan - would fit into this category 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed