Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed

Sertse

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

AFAIK it was tried. The conclusion is that nobody, absolutely nobody, wants him. Not even Stirling Albion or Brechin city.  Even Connor Sammon and Martin had teams willing to take a chance on them. Not Damour. The type of midfielder to lose you football games. His career was over the minute he got a 4 year deal at Hearts. Feet up. We would have been far far better off keeping Ross Callachan at least Ross, donkey as he was, worked his socks off every minute he put the shirt on.

Players,it's often said by managers, are either the type who occasionally need a kick and those who need a cuddle.  Both will have been tried, no doubt.  We don't know if there are personal problems that he's had difficulty dealing with.  However, there's little evidence of this and lots that he's just not trying.  And yet, there's probably a player in there.

That said, if we've got to pay him and we're not going to get anything useful out of him,we might be better to severely restrict his options (if it hasn't already been done). No training with others, but has to turn up at Oriam and at awkward times. No access to the ground except to sign in twice a day. Offer him on loan, gratis, to someone like Dick Campbell, who might just kick him for the sake of it.  If he wants to return to France any time, say no.  If, like Bolingoli, he goes anyway during the season, breach of contract?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Sertse

• Last Laff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

20 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

At least Dick Turpin wore a mask.

I wouldn't recognise Damour in if he went past in the street tbf. 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
11 minutes ago, Barack said:

He's a footballer under contract, and the obligations we are required to provide to him. He's not a prisoner.

Start fannying about, and it gives a player the opportunity of taking the club to tribunal or even court, for restriction of freedoms &/or trade.

"Hearts are restricting my access. It's because I'm black!"

"No we're not."

"Prove it."

"It's because we're trying to make him so miserable & unwanted at his place of employment, we're hoping he'll leave, instead of us paying him what he's owed."

"Tribunal finds in favour of Mr. Damour..."

Levein's lumbered us with another money drain. Budge or Neilson have to find a footballing/monetary solution. Damour's entitled to sit on his hoop. As much as we don't like it.

And there's me thinking I had it sorted out.  Back to the beer in the back garden....

upgotheheads

Wasn't Damour quoted as saying that he was offered a contract he couldn't turn down? I can't blame him though, the blame lies with Levein and co for not carrying out due diligence on him as a player. As I understand it he dodged about some lower league teams in France and Belgium before signing for Cardiff, why they signed him is a bit of a mystery though as he hadn't played at English Championship level for a few years before then. 

His wiki page seems to show a promising youngster who had played at French international level up to the age of about 20, before a long decline through the leagues in France and Belgium. The only game I saw him play when he contributed anything worthwhile was at Hamilton where he played further forward, so losing the ball wasn't such an issue.

Edited by upgotheheads

Lone Striker
2 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Direct from the mouth of an ex Hearts player,   who said the club has gone down the route of signing players who the fans might see as a big name, rather than players who would fit into a set style of play, signings are made to appease the fans expectations, to be fair he probably fits into that category himself.

If true, that's an atrocious policy for Hearts to have adopted.   Whoever came up with that idea only needs to look at JKB to see the excellent level of fan appeasement which the arrival of Messrs Whelan and Damour has generated.

It sounds like only someone with no understanding of professional football could have come up with that policy.  Or an undercover Hobo in a  position of influence at Tynecastle.  :whistling:

Ainsley Harriott
4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Has this absolute ring piece ****ed off yet? 

Would you leave if someone was paying you 3k an week or whatever he gets for the next 2 years?

6 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Would you leave if someone was paying you 3k an week or whatever he gets for the next 2 years?

Depends on the person. I'd rather be playing fitbaw. Clearly this ***** doesn't like playing football. 

CostaJambo
9 hours ago, andrew said:

We'd be better letting him go on loan somewhere even if we ended up having to pay 100% of his wages.  If we'd done that last season and he did well there might have been someone willing to take him this summer.

Our current approach means we will be paying his salary for the next two years IMO.

If we punt him off to some **** team in the ****-end of nowhere for the year he might be willing to tear up his contract after that to avoid another year of the same and save us a year's wages. Wouldn't be certain even that would put him off mind you.

16 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Depends on the person. I'd rather be playing fitbaw. Clearly this ***** doesn't like playing football. 

Aye, and it’s clearly not going to look good for any future employer 

Diadora Van Basten

The thing is whenever we get rid of a wage thief the first thing we do is get another wage thief.

By freezing him out there is no way he will get another half decent contract and now it makes sense for him to sit out the contract he is on.

7 hours ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Players,it's often said by managers, are either the type who occasionally need a kick and those who need a cuddle.  Both will have been tried, no doubt.  We don't know if there are personal problems that he's had difficulty dealing with.  However, there's little evidence of this and lots that he's just not trying.  And yet, there's probably a player in there.

That said, if we've got to pay him and we're not going to get anything useful out of him,we might be better to severely restrict his options (if it hasn't already been done). No training with others, but has to turn up at Oriam and at awkward times. No access to the ground except to sign in twice a day. Offer him on loan, gratis, to someone like Dick Campbell, who might just kick him for the sake of it.  If he wants to return to France any time, say no.  If, like Bolingoli, he goes anyway during the season, breach of contract?

This is a good plan, especially the Dick Campbell bit.  Can a player refuse to go out on loan?

If not, I hope they do something like this or similar.

I've always said it, a major fallout of sorts has occurred with LD. I'm not suggesting he's a world beater but he was no worse than some who played or at least made the bench last year. Why he didn't play can't be because he wasn't considered good enough. We need to play him or pay him off, remember this could go on for two more years. 

There must be ways to sack a player. If they aren't keeping themselves fit, refuse to train, refuse to be available for first team or reserve games etc... No? 🤔 

Auldbenches

Has he only been back in France since the end of the season or did he go back before that? 

I know Martin was getting paid while sitting on his arse during the season. 

Another year of this thread. Hopefully we can pay him half to go now. Just depends on his ambition and if he can make up the difference at Brechin City or where ever his next contract might come from.

Dagger Is Back
8 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Is this joker still kicking about taking a top wage?  He should be jailed. 

Looking at his Instagram page he seems quite happy with his lot and it doesn't look like he's anywhere near Gorgie. Another reason why Levein should only be allowed in to Tynie as a paying customer. 

6 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Wasn't Damour quoted as saying that he was offered a contract he couldn't turn down? I can't blame him though, the blame lies with Levein and co for not carrying out due diligence on him as a player. As I understand it he dodged about some lower league teams in France and Belgium before signing for Cardiff, why they signed him is a bit of a mystery though as he hadn't played at English Championship level for a few years before then. 

His wiki page seems to show a promising youngster who had played at French international level up to the age of about 20, before a long decline through the leagues in France and Belgium. The only game I saw him play when he contributed anything worthwhile was at Hamilton where he played further forward, so losing the ball wasn't such an issue.

Our benefactor's money wasnt really spent wisely............was it.....?

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Short career, rather be playing than sat on my hoop!!

Leveins Battalion

Milking.Us.Dry

And why shouldn't he?Sadly Craig created a culture at Hearts that was namby pamby,the steely,tough,no nonsense Levein was long gone by the time he took over from Cathro.Damour is the burning embers of the Levein era,however shifting him on will be nigh on impossible.

Seriously who would take him?He would struggle to stand out for Dalkeith Thistle.😪

6 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Short career, rather be playing than sat on my hoop!!

Too right mate. The guys clearly an absolute prick. 

Auldbenches
36 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Looking at his Instagram page he seems quite happy with his lot and it doesn't look like he's anywhere near Gorgie. Another reason why Levein should only be allowed in to Tynie as a paying customer. 

Has levein ever paid to get into tynecastle..? 

Edited by Auldbenches

Dagger Is Back
23 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Has levein ever paid to get into tynecastle..? 

Doubt it

SwindonJambo

The man is a thoroughly immoral unscrupulous and parasite with no ethics whatsoever. Surely we could do him for negligent performance of duties or some such? Breach of contract maybe? Taking money under false pretences.

The previously poster who suggested sending him off on loan to Dick Campbell to boot his lazy arse up and down Gayfield on a cold wet January night was bang on the cash. 

cosanostra

I hate this thread.

Every time i see it near the top of the page, I get a little bit of hope that we've finally sent this utter waste of space packing.

Special thanks to the idiot Levein for this atrocious signing for 4 years. 

If he doesn’t piss off this summer we should have him in at stupid times next year. Make his time with us horrendous for him. Any pictures the club shows of him should be his stupid face imposed on a chickens body. 

Harry Potter
11 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Too right mate. The guys clearly an absolute prick. 

As you said before he cleary does not want to play football, beyond me.

upgotheheads

Against the grain maybe but put yourself in his position. He's got two years left on a contract worth maybe 100 grand plus a year, he has a family (I guess) to provide for, I'm guessing too that he didn't approach Hearts to sign for us. Neil Warnock saw the opportunity to get rid of a dud and Craig Levein fell for it, that's where the blame lies,  

11 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

The man is a thoroughly immoral unscrupulous and parasite with no ethics whatsoever. Surely we could do him for negligent performance of duties or some such? Breach of contract maybe? Taking money under false pretences.

The previously poster who suggested sending him off on loan to Dick Campbell to boot his lazy arse up and down Gayfield on a cold wet January night was bang on the cash. 

Aye but we're on about Damour, not Levein.

Seen people asking about getting rid of him through not upholding his contract, do modern contracts have anything in them about standards they have to meet? For example I imagine failing a drugs test would be grounds to dismiss them and it would be in breach of contract. 

Using that logic, will there be performance related stipulations? EG not showing up to training, displaying poor attitude etc? 

I have a horrible feeling something like what I've mentioned above does in fact exist in modern contracts but none of them were added to Damours contract.

Any legal boffins or contract armchair experts know?

Edited by Sertse

3 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

The whole situation with Damour is quite bizzare. Was he even on the bench at all last season? If i remember he was "injured" for a while and then just never mentioned by the club again. You would think that a few games here and there would help get him off the wage bill, or at least loaned out somewhere and save a bit on his wage. 

Is there something else causing the problem (apart from him being mince)? Illness? Depression? Just not good enough? A mixture of those? No idea, but it seems strange that he wasn't even given a chance in the championship. 

Not good enough to play at any level. Oshinawa 2.

I don't know the rules about players going out on loan.  Do they have a say in it?  If not, shouldn't we be looking to loan him out to one of the Fife clubs to at least get him playing again?  Maybe none of them would want him.

42 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Seen people asking about getting rid of him through not upholding his contract, do modern contracts have anything in them about standards they have to meet? For example I imagine failing a drugs test would be grounds to dismiss them and it would be in breach of contract. 

Using that logic, will there be performance related stipulations? EG not showing up to training, displaying poor attitude etc? 

I have a horrible feeling something like what I've mentioned above does in fact exist in modern contracts but none of them were added to Damours contract.

Any legal boffins or contract armchair experts know?

If Damour is doing what is required of him and not comitting any contractual "offences" there is nothing we can do or we can finish up having to pay up his contract for constructive dismissal - which might just be playing into his barrow.

I, and I'm sure many others, thought at first this was a good piece of business when we signed someone with experience of the top 2 divisions in England.  Sadly it has not turned out that way.

When he does eventually go I suspect others clubs will be hesitant about signing him bearing in mind he is quite willing to sit out his contract, if indeed that is the case.

8 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Against the grain maybe but put yourself in his position. He's got two years left on a contract worth maybe 100 grand plus a year, he has a family (I guess) to provide for, I'm guessing too that he didn't approach Hearts to sign for us. Neil Warnock saw the opportunity to get rid of a dud and Craig Levein fell for it, that's where the blame lies,  

Craig Levein fell for everyone's duds.

Maple Leaf
19 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

Your anger is justified but directed at the wrong person, imo.

We should be annoyed at the person who offered the ridiculous contract, not the person who accepted it.

On paper he seemed an ok signing but a 4 year deal was bonkers for a guy so out of favour. Same with Naismith too. 

jock _turd

Sadly because of incredibly bad management Hearts have squandered vast sums of money on truly terrible players . What they were like before the got to Hearts is one thing but once we got our hands on them any football in them seemed to go like snow off a dyke🤣

It is difficult to blame players for trying to extend their playing careers but signing up Naismith on the wedge he was getting for four years was a criminal bit of business by CL. They guy was a cripple when he arrived many on here knew how it was going to end... and it did, no way did we get any real value from him at all !

On 01/06/2021 at 18:29, CostaJambo said:

If we punt him off to some **** team in the ****-end of nowhere for the year he might be willing to tear up his contract after that to avoid another year of the same and save us a year's wages. Wouldn't be certain even that would put him off mind you.

Would he get into the Stranraer team. That’s a nice we trip or Brora Rangers.

The Mighty Thor

A really damning statement on the club's recruitment policy. 

He's just one of many absolute oxygen thieves we've broke our necks to sign in the last 10 years or so. 

YouTube sensations to a man. 

5 hours ago, Rave MacPherson said:

32 games in his first season for cardiff in a promotion winning season in the championship. He must have done ok that season

Didn't see any of those games. Is it the same guy ?

3 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Your anger is justified but directed at the wrong person, imo.

We should be annoyed at the person who offered the ridiculous contract, not the person who accepted it.

Costing us now, only paying low basic salaries we'll miss out on some of the better players. Shame. 

There's deffo a player in there, just not one worth the wage we are paying him, I suspect freezing him out is nothing personal just to avoid paying him any additional appearance fees and to make him want to jump ship earlier than the end of his deal. 

We should not be offering 4 year deals for anyone over the age of 25 ever again. 

8 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

It canny be! Maybe he has a twin brother and they did the old switcheroo?

I just dont think anyone could get that many games in a promoted team at that level and just be utter mince. For me there must be something else wrong, whether its mental or physical. 

Or just not suited to Scottish football , LD can play a bit and showed it in glimpses for us but needs time on the ball. Something you don’t get up here. The utter vile shite directed at him on this thread is pathetic

Pans Jambo

Well if he’s a good player then surely he will get another club no problem then?

Rocky jamboa
25 minutes ago, sadj said:

Or just not suited to Scottish football , LD can play a bit and showed it in glimpses for us but needs time on the ball. Something you don’t get up here. The utter vile shite directed at him on this thread is pathetic

Totally agree. It should be the club folk are blaming for signing someone on an expensive 4 year contract then not playing them. I'm sure he could have contributed something in the championship 

5 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Totally agree. It should be the club folk are blaming for signing someone on an expensive 4 year contract then not playing them. I'm sure he could have contributed something in the championship 

If someone tried to pee me off to make a move to break my contract, I'd happily do away and pee them off, fun.........he retains control and wins!!

30 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Yeah, maybe he isn't suited to the football up here. I don't think its beyond imagination that he could adapt, if given a few games, especially at championship level. Maybe if we had reserve football last season we might have seen a different side to him. 

Couldn't agree more about the abuse he is getting. Disgusting stuff

Good post

24 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

I think its tough for him in that respect , injured then no way to get football this seasons been a write off. Who knows if he will come back smash preseason and contribute. If he is too he will need to be quicker on the ball. Most players want to play I doubt he’s any different. Only problem is that he will also have the consideration of a large wage that means he may be disinclined to move. On the flip side he may want to force his way into our team and show what he can do. 

henryheart
8 hours ago, Rave MacPherson said:

I'm not sure how accurate this website is but his wages don't seem to be too high, especially after coming from the English leagues. 

https://salarysport.com/football/scottish-championship/heart-of-midlothian/

P. S. Ross Stewart on less than Leeroy Makavora 😂

It is hard to believe that a player would move from the English Championship for a salary of £104k.

The mid to low salaries look very poor. Football is not a long career and the longer you are involved, the more difficult it must be making the transition from the life as a footballer to, say selling cars or insurance. Rather than hanging around, if I was a fringe player I'd be looking for another job with longer term prospects and investing in my pension.  

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed