Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed

Sertse

Haven't read the thread.

However:

-It wasn't Loic Damour who identified and signed himself for Hearts

-It wasn't Loic Damour who gave himself a 4 year deal

-It wasn't Loic Damour who agreed to and signed off on whatever wage the club decided to pay him

Accusations of professional pride etc always seem trite, how many of us would walk away from a well paid job, with no guarantee of alternative or similarly well paid employment?

I understand the fans frustration, but it's entirely the clubs fault from my perspective.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Sertse

• Last Laff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

7 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Haven't read the thread.

However:

-It wasn't Loic Damour who agreed to and signed off on whatever wage the club decided to pay him

Accusations of professional pride etc always seem trite, how many of us would walk away from a well paid job, with no guarantee of alternative or similarly well paid employment?

I understand the fans frustration, but it's entirely the clubs fault from my perspective.

Nobody can really argue with your points however one thing that he is responsible for is the amount of effort he puts in to impress the Manager and his coaches to try and be in the playing squad.

I know he reportedly had some injury issues however it was clear to see that he does not have the desire to want to play every week.

The lesson to be taken from this is that you don't sign players on lucrative four year deals which can come back on you if a player turns out to be a gem but that is the risk you take.

5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Nobody can really argue with your points however one thing that he is responsible for is the amount of effort he puts in to impress the Manager and his coaches to try and be in the playing squad.

I know he reportedly had some injury issues however it was clear to see that he does not have the desire to want to play every week.

The lesson to be taken from this is that you don't sign players on lucrative four year deals which can come back on you if a player turns out to be a gem but that is the risk you take.

Is this clear though or is he just not rated by the management?

Unless a large part of wage is appearance related, it's surely futile for the club not to use him as part of the squad if he's good enough?

gashauskis9
38 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Haven't read the thread.

However:

Absolutely spot on.  There have never been any doubts raised about the lad’s attitude and willingness to play, unlike some of the other imposters who’ve dug their heels in over the years with long contracts.  This one’s on Robbie and Levein.  Levein for giving such a ridiculous contract and Robbie for letting the guy sit out the season.  

17 hours ago, Rave MacPherson said:

32 games in his first season for cardiff in a promotion winning season in the championship. He must have done ok that season

He started 18 of Cardiff's 46 league games that season, and was sub in 9 games, so not exactly a lynchpin of their promotion winning team.

In their subsequent premiership season he made a grand total of 2 substitute appearances, so had hardly kicked a ball in the season before we "made him an offer he couldn't refuse".

Thanks Craig.

:leveinproblem:

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

Is this clear though or is he just not rated by the management?

Unless a large part of wage is appearance related, it's surely futile for the club not to use him as part of the squad if he's good enough?

I think the issue here is that he seemed to come to us with a decent pedigree and has hardly been utilised under CL and RN.

That tells a story about his attitude and application in training otherwise why was he not at least given a few games during our sticky period when we struggled in midfield.

It could be money related but it would be best allround if he can find himself another club and we can utilise the money he frees up for us by departing.

A_A wehatethehibs
55 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Absolutely spot on.  There have never been any doubts raised about the lad’s attitude and willingness to play, unlike some of the other imposters who’ve dug their heels in over the years with long contracts.  This one’s on Robbie and Levein.  Levein for giving such a ridiculous contract and Robbie for letting the guy sit out the season.  

Sorry it’s not on Robbie whatsoever actually. The damour situation is 100% levein, he brought him here and gave him the contract. Neilson is absolutely blameless. 

Get this “it’s neilsons fault for not playing him” punted into touch, that is embarassing stuff. You are seriously calling for him to play damour? Damour is an absolute waste of space as a player. The type of midfielder to lose you games and get you relegated. Why the **** would any new manager come in, watch that last game against st mirren where damour was abject in a season where Hearts got relegated and want to play him? Along with all his other awful performances? And pay him his substantial appearance fee which will be probably be about £1000 a game? He is pish. Just play a kid instead and that’s what has happened, he has played Irving in damours position. 

I’m sure there’s no doubts about his “willingness” to play, if there were it would be grounds to immediately terminate his contract. But there are massive doubts about his ability to play for Hearts, he is absolutely shite. 

Robbie has told him he is surplus to requirements and can leave.  He has dug his heels in and stayed to collect his pay. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

5 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Sorry it’s not on Robbie whatsoever actually. The damour situation is 100% levein, he brought him here and gave him the contract. Neilson is absolutely blameless. 

Get this “it’s neilsons fault for not playing him” punted into touch, that is embarassing stuff. You are seriously calling for him to play damour? Damour is an absolute waste of space as a player. The type of midfielder to lose you games and get you relegated. Why the **** would any new manager come in, watch that last game against st mirren where damour was abject in a season where Hearts got relegated and want to play him? Along with all his other awful performances? And pay him his substantial appearance fee which will be probably be about £1000 a game? He is pish. Just play a kid instead and that’s what has happened, he has played Irving in damours position. 

I’m sure there’s no doubts about his “willingness” to play, if there were it would be grounds to immediately terminate his contract. But there are massive doubts about his ability to play for Hearts, he is absolutely shite. 

Robbie has told him he is surplus to requirements and can leave.  He has dug his heels in and stayed to collect his pay. 

You'd think embarrassment would come into it.

Would for me. 

Don't think I could look teammates in the eye. 

Mind you, if he's not at training, he won't have to.

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

It could be money related but it would be best allround if he can find himself another club and we can utilise the money he frees up for us by departing.

Unless he agrees to a defined/structured pay off then the club have to pay up his contract so there is no money saved for other players.

Suspect he's not willing to gamble on a reduced payment and the club aren't willing to pay what he wants to release him. 

13 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Unless he agrees to a defined/structured pay off then the club have to pay up his contract so there is no money saved for other players.

Suspect he's not willing to gamble on a reduced payment and the club aren't willing to pay what he wants to release him. 

Well in that case we will be paying him for another two years to do sfa. Well done CL, he can sure pick them.

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

How so?

OmiyaHearts

Don't think it's fair to lay any blame on Neilson for the Damour situation.

However, Robbie will make plenty of pish signings over the next 6 months that we can defo blame on him.

1 minute ago, sadj said:

How so?

With the lack of central midfielders we had and our poor run of form would you not think that he would be trying to impress in training and be worth a start?

If he was trying his best and still not catching their eye then he shouldn't be at the club.

Just now, wavydavy said:

With the lack of central midfielders we had and our poor run of form would you not think that he would be trying to impress in training and be worth a start?

If he was trying his best and still not catching their eye then he shouldn't be at the club.

We dont know the full story with his injuries , lack of a preseason , level of fitness. Could be similar to Haring and the essentially whole season he missed. Unless someone can categorically say he did preseason , he wasn’t injured , his injury was only minor , he didnt bother his arse its difficult to know. This season is not a good judge of anything football wise. Look at GMS most of the lunatics on here wanted rid of him by March. 

1 minute ago, Rave MacPherson said:

I don't think anyone implied he was a lynchpin of the team, did they? He still played 32 times in there 50 or so games that season. There must be some kind of player in there. 

Out of interest, what is his wage and bonus scheme? Not sure if anyone knows, we all just presume he is earning a fortune

I saw someone say above his massive appearance bonus. Id guess as we did with a lot it was more a higher flat rate. Which has already been done to death and I believe the club under JS has moved away from. 2k could well be correct - average sort of wage but 4years to guarantee income and safety for the player. Trying to ship him out with us paying part the wage and his new team paying part would prob be difficult normally with a player who is injured but during covid when finances are tightened everywhere near impossible too.

1 minute ago, sadj said:

We dont know the full story with his injuries , lack of a preseason , level of fitness. Could be similar to Haring and the essentially whole season he missed. Unless someone can categorically say he did preseason , he wasn’t injured , his injury was only minor , he didnt bother his arse its difficult to know. This season is not a good judge of anything football wise. Look at GMS most of the lunatics on here wanted rid of him by March. 

He apparently had an Achilles injury earlier in the season towards the end of pre-season I think it was. I recall Robbie saying that he was fit to play a while back but that never materialised.

He has been with the club for two years and still has two more left on his contract.

If you don't think this season was a good judge then what did you think of him the previous season?

It certainly seems that Robbie doesn't rate him so far and it will be interesting to see if he shows up in our next pre - season and forces his way into the starting line-up.

Robbo-Jambo
49 minutes ago, martoon said:

You'd think embarrassment would come into it.

Would for me. 

Don't think I could look teammates in the eye. 

Mind you, if he's not at training, he won't have to.

Agree. 

You would think professional pride and a wee bit of ambition would come into his thinking. 

12 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He apparently had an Achilles injury earlier in the season towards the end of pre-season I think it was. I recall Robbie saying that he was fit to play a while back but that never materialised.

He has been with the club for two years and still has two more left on his contract.

If you don't think this season was a good judge then what did you think of him the previous season?

It certainly seems that Robbie doesn't rate him so far and it will be interesting to see if he shows up in our next pre - season and forces his way into the starting line-up.

No chance he’s getting a game next season.  

Pasquale for King

Neilson has done the right thing by telling him he’s free to go and not playing him. 
With any luck hopefully Savage can get someone down south to take him off our hands. 
I would be surprised if those wages were correct, especially Smith and Kingsley but the top earners look correct. Surely £2k a week wouldn’t be an offer he couldn’t refuse to come from a team that paid Championship wages and had just been in the Premiership. 

25 minutes ago, sadj said:

I'm pretty sure that when Neilson was asked about the situation with Damour at the start of the season he said that Damour was training with the team and building fitness levels up. He had an ankle injury that seemed fine when running straight ahead but was struggling with turning and twisting when making a pass. This was back in October and Neilson has barely, if ever, mentioned his name since. No idea what's going on there but you'd like to assume he would've got over that long before the season finished. I could be wrong and it could've been worse than Neilson suggested but it's still makes you wonder.

Edited by jambonian

I think the issue here is that he seemed to come to us with a decent pedigree and has hardly been utilised under CL and RN.

That tells a story about his attitude and application in training otherwise why was he not at least given a few games during our sticky period when we struggled in midfield.

The bit in bold is all pure speculation.

It's just as likely that he is not considered good enough by the coaching staff.

14 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Agree. 

You would think professional pride and a wee bit of ambition would come into his thinking. 

Short career, bud.

Earning, yes, but he's pi55ing his valuable time up against the wall. 

I couldn't/wouldn't have done that if I'd been lucky enough to have a career in the game.

16 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I'm pretty sure that when Neilson was asked about the situation with Damour at the start of the season he said that Damour was training with the team and building fitness levels up. He had an ankle injury that seemed fine when running straight ahead but was struggling with turning and twisting when making a pass. This was back in October and Neilson has barely, if ever, mentioned his name since. No idea what's going on there but you'd like to assume he would've got over that long before the season finished. I could be wrong and it could've been worse than Neilson suggested but it's still makes you wonder.

It does that could be a pretty serious problem that broke down and possibly required surgery. Suppose we are all

guessing.

Everybody knows someone who does enough just to get by at work, slacker etc.

What makes you think a footballer is any different. Only real difference is contracts are weighted on the players side more.

Some happy to sit it out and others burst a gut to prove themselves.

2 hours ago, Martin_T said:

Haven't read the thread.

However:

Loic Damour is to blame for his attitude.

You could see he was up for the bigger games more than the games against the smaller teams. To play at a club like Hearts you need to be at a constant level for all games. There is no gauge for a person mindset. 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

It does that could be a pretty serious problem that broke down and possibly required surgery. Suppose we are all

guessing.

Yes. Would be nice to actually hear what the situation is, good or bad. At least everyone would know one way or the other. I think the fans are entitled to know purely because he is a Hearts player and it's of interest to us. And if the ankle problem is stopping him from playing then..will/has he to get possible surgery or not?  It's just, as you say, guesswork otherwise.

1 hour ago, Rave MacPherson said:

I don't think anyone implied he was a lynchpin of the team, did they? He still played 32 times in there 50 or so games that season. There must be some kind of player in there. 

Out of interest, what is his wage and bonus scheme? Not sure if anyone knows, we all just presume he is earning a fortune

I wasn't having a go just adding extra information.

Knowing that he started less than 40% of Cardiff's league games in his first season with them, and none in his second, makes him a less impressive prospect than hearing he played 36 games in their promotion and Premiership seasons, even though both are correct. 

Class of 75

Well in that case we will be paying him for another two years to do sfa. Well done CL, he can sure pick them.

Yep that clown Levein signed a few poor excuses for a footballer in his time. Couldn't identify a player if he fell over one in the street 

I think it's high time to empty these imposters.

In any other business they would go onto disciplinary procedures, based on poor performance.

Get him playing and in the team, or take him down the discipline route, towards dismissal for poor performance.

I really don't understand why Professional Football does not follow this business approach to poor performance

Pathetic!

1 hour ago, Rods said:

Loic Damour is to blame for his attitude.

You could see he was up for the bigger games more than the games against the smaller teams. To play at a club like Hearts you need to be at a constant level for all games. There is no gauge for a person mindset. 

Perhaps the club should have done more research into his character then?

3 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Neil told Craig he was a steal.  Unfortunately that was stealing wages.

Same with Ricky and the Utd goalie.

Simply put

The season he arrived I think he looked ok but he wants too much time on the ball so got caught out easily and it cost us a couple of goals. Motherwell and Celtic perhaps 🤔

Iv said numerous times I dont think last season is a fair ine to judge anyone on anything. 

Mentally I don’t think any season will ever have been tougher on players for a start. I don’t think its a particularly bad thing if ges been let go to his family until preseason (unless we move him on) if hes been injured or unlikely to feature (could have been physically fit but mentally struggling with the bubbles and pandemic lockdown) Letting him go to his family could also be a way of him seeing the club gives a damn and he in turn says ok iv an offer its not as good but you were good to me so ill go. No one knows the full story.

Yeah, 2k could be his basic, another 1k per appearance, 1k for M.o.M ect. Who knows? 

Mate , come on you are taking the piss mind we were paying Clare 10k a week to get pissed in the pub a night before a game 🤣

1 hour ago, martoon said:

Short career, bud.

Earning, yes, but he's pi55ing his valuable time up against the wall. 

I couldn't/wouldn't have done that if I'd been lucky enough to have a career in the game.

You honestly can't say that , the sentiment is right and we’d all love to be there. However , Id love to have sat on my arse trying to force my way through my knee injury earning money just to still have a glimmer of hope of playing again. If there has been an issue stopping him being fit to play it wouldn’t take any heat off him or the club but would be nice to know. 

The idea of a longer contract lower wage is a good one in theory but it hasn’t worked for us and we need to move away from it if correct. Again its not something to chastise the club for. Like Cathro it was a gamble and we have tried to be progressive in many areas and its bitten our ass. Thats still been something worth doing.

If JS takes us back to a more standardised incentive based pay structure then hopefully that will make a big difference as I don’t think the quality of player is lacking the appetite is definately though.

7 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

You can do all the research you want but you might not get success from it. Look at Falcao at Man Utd(?) for instance.

You can’t tell 💯 until a guy is at training , til you see how he copes with that , the integration into the squad , how he copes in front of 20000 at Tynie baying for his blood after one misplaced pass 30seconds after he scores a hat trick. Is he away from his family , is he not adapting to the culture etc. 

We talk about could he do it on a cold wet night at Raith. It sounds ridiculous but its true. 

8 minutes ago, sadj said:

You can do all the research you want but you might not get success from it. Look at Falcao at Man Utd(?) for instance.

You can’t tell 💯 until a guy is at training , til you see how he copes with that , the integration into the squad , how he copes in front of 20000 at Tynie baying for his blood after one misplaced pass 30seconds after he scores a hat trick. Is he away from his family , is he not adapting to the culture etc. 

We talk about could he do it on a cold wet night at Raith. It sounds ridiculous but its true. 

Entirely different circumstances. Falcao snapped his ACL 5 months before the 2014 World Cup and then rushed his rehab so he could play in the finals. Was never quite the same player again.

6 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Entirely different circumstances. Falcao snapped his ACL 5 months before the 2014 World Cup and then rushed his rehab so he could play in the finals. Was never quite the same player again.

I still think that a player like Falcao could have made his way back to the same level but mentality he was shot more than physically and didnt cope over here. 

Taking him aside the basics of what I said there stand. 

Just now, Rave MacPherson said:

10k a week?! 😂😂😂

Do you not remember that , was a usual cluster**** of a jkb thread

5 hours ago, Martin_T said:

The bit in bold is all pure speculation.

It's just as likely that he is not considered good enough by the coaching staff.

This bit is pure specualtion also.

5 hours ago, Last Laff said:

No chance he’s getting a game next season.  

I hope he agrees to just leave.

4 hours ago, MTS1874 said:

I don’t know how accurate transfermarkt is but they have him down for one injury, August 2020 to December 2020. 145 days out with a foot injury.

Nothing since.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.za/loic-damour/verletzungen/spieler/81190

This article in the EEN would confirm that. Here is an extract from it. dated 5 Dec 2020.

He told the Edinburgh Evening News : “Loic is back training and he's been fine. His problem seems to have cleared up and he is in full training, so we will see how he is.

“He has only been back about a week after being off for a while so it will be some time before he's ready.

3 hours ago, Martin_T said:

According to CL they did that with all their signings. They looked at their lifestyle, how they conducted themselves on and off the pitch, etc.

It certainly didn't work for many of them.

5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

According to CL they did that with all their signings. They looked at their lifestyle, how they conducted themselves on and off the pitch, etc.

Which players had a questionable lifestyle or conducted themselves poorly ?

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

Which players had a questionable lifestyle or conducted themselves poorly ?

No idea, I am confirming to Martin_T that this was what CL claimed they did in reply to his suggestion that they should have looked more into Damour's character.

Guest ToqueJambo
17 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Isn't this what every team does, or should do? It's kind of a basic requirement for a professional athlete that they look after themselves and are professional.

Suggestions on here that he could be another Andy Driver with one of 5hese injuries that just won't heal.

We're not allowed to know of course.

38 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

No idea, I am confirming to Martin_T that this was what CL claimed they did in reply to his suggestion that they should have looked more into Damour's character.

But you said this scrutiny didn’t work for many of them......

Where has that been suggested? 

It's more than been suggested.  We haven't been told.  Last update I heard from someone on here was that he was back in training but not with the 1st team.  That was months ago.  Absolutely nothing from the club unless I've missed something.

That's why everyone on here is speculating.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed