Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

3 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Now there might be another way of looking at this. Maybe Doncaster and the SPFL are concerned about football integrity, ie, they think that it's totally unfair that Hearts can train three weeks before other Championship clubs. 

Aye?

Honestly, the more you look at his the more F*****g ludicrous it becomes.

Two Scottish clubs transgress. Neither is punished. All the other clubs currently in training quite legally are allowed to continue training... Except one...

Hearts.

What the **** is going on here. This decision alone should be cause for Hearts to challenge, again, the authority of Doncaster and his cronies.

Just when you think that Scottish football couldn't get any more bloody stupid it promptly does.

Seriously: a statement from the club is needed, maybe saying that they will encourage the supporters in any act of self denial, ie refraining from attending away games, whenever that becomes possible, while the current management structure of the SPFL is in place. 

Nail on head my friend

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

The Old Tolbooth

Anyone blaming the Scottish government for this is utterly stupid, this is all down to the SPFL and I’d say one man, Neil Doncaster (it would be too obvious for Petrie to do it).

Also, anyone thinking that it was as a result of Aberdeen and Celtic breaking the rules is equally as stupid, this is a direct dig at Hearts, no more, no less, this is pure and utter badness from them who ru(I)n our game, quite simple because no other lower league club has returned to training yet and it’s only us who’re back training.

ill be very disappointed if we don’t tell them to stick their semi up their arse now, because as far as I can see, we should be allowed to start back training as and when we wish, as long as the government give us the green light to do so, which the have, so surely we question the legality of it all. 

Failing that, we take the players abroad for a fortnight and train over there and stick two fingers up to them big time. 

FTSPFL FTSFA

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, JyTees said:

And Hearts fans still reckon the SNP are doing a great job.

I'm gobsmacked!

Nothing to do with them I’m afraid.Leitch said that he expected Hearts to be allowed to train. 

892FD8CE-9A90-4E82-A550-4D614C21162A.jpeg

5 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

What a mess !

no blame on the govt, he says he thought they should be ok to train.,,

But the article mentions discussions with ministers.

Either way, it doesn’t matter. 
The custodians of the game,SpFL and Sfa are the ones who Own this mess !! And are more than happy to F up Hearts at each step. 
This has to be war we won’t let go !!

Quite an about turn there ! You work in politics ?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Anyone blaming the Scottish government for this is utterly stupid, this is all down to the SPFL and I’d say one man, Neil Doncaster (it would be too obvious for Petrie to do it).

Also, anyone thinking that it was as a result of Aberdeen and Celtic breaking the rules is equally as stupid, this is a direct dig at Hearts, no more, no less, this is pure and utter badness from them who ru(I)n our game, quite simple because no other lower league club has returned to training yet and it’s only us who’re back training.

ill be very disappointed if we don’t tell them to stick their semi up their arse now, because as far as I can see, we should be allowed to start back training as and when we wish, as long as the government give us the green light to do so, which the have, so surely we question the legality of it all. 

Failing that, we take the players abroad for a fortnight and train over there and stick two fingers up to them big time. 

FTSPFL FTSFA

Spot on.

46 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

So HMFC train at The Oriam which is a National Training Centre for many sports & Motherwell train at some shitty local playing park, but it's OK for 'well to continue training & The Oriam needs checked out to ensure all protocols are being carried out correctly.

Is it just me who is stupid & can't understand this decision taken by JRG/SPFL/SFA? Corrupt to the core. We need to get a banner like this Thistle fans are get it displayed at Tynecastle permanently!!

ICT will be the only away ground I visit in 2020/21, with the only other exceptions being the "original" teams who supported our case with no demotion along with PT & Stranraer.

Scottish rugby wont start any time soon either now. Edinburgh rugby use Oriam extensively. 

1 minute ago, TorinoJambo said:

Shafted again because of a Mhank and 8 sheep. The SPFL statement doesn't even mention the two scummy shitehawk clubs by name. They tell a blatant lie about SG involvement. We should refuse tickets for the semi, say we'll play without fans and not turn up.

i dont think it is a lie. it is a cleverly worded statement to make it look like the SG agreed with everything in it. When it is probably bits about requiring further druming into players their responsibilities and the rules that the SG was consulted on

6 minutes ago, Boof said:

We were? Sorry, then. Must've missed it in my attempts to catch up with the thread.

Named us. Specifically. Wow...****ing wow.

Well...they ain't gonna break me. 2 season tickets getting bought on Saturday.

Boof

on the SFA news release additional notes

Additional guidance notes

1. Glasgow City Women’s FC can continue to train in preparation for their UEFA Women’s Champions League tie against Wolfsburg on 21 August and will be visited to audit and verify compliance.
2. Heart of Midlothian FC has been informed of the need to pause their current training programme until at least 24 August.
3. Adult (over-18) recreational football will not be permitted to participate in any form of organised training.
4. Youth (under-18) football can continue in line with current Scottish Government guidance.

1 minute ago, john thomas said:

Quite an about turn there ! You work in politics ?

Ehh ?

what do you mean the first article in Ev News didn’t quote Leitch. It stated the decisions was made with govt and football authorities. 
like a govt minister would give a hoot about Hearts ..

1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

THE Scottish football authorities insist a decision that has seen Hearts told to stop training was part of its agreement with the Scottish Government.

The Joint Response Group earlier announced that clubs below the Scottish Premiership would be unable to train until August 24 at the earliest. Relegated Hearts started back earlier this month.

Scotland’s national clinical director, Jason Leitch, later told BBC Radio Scotland that his understanding was that Hearts would not have to stop and that the decision came from the Scottish Professional Football League.

But a JRG spokesperson has told the PA news agency: “The pause on all football training beneath Premiership and including all adult football over-18 was part of the agreement with Scottish Government that culminated in today’s range of measures being announced and the majority of this week’s games going ahead as scheduled.”

Jason Leitch previously said: "I've just read the SPFL's news release before I came on.

"These are matters for the SPFL. We didn't tell them what to do.

"We told them to reassure us that everything is in place that is necessary.

"My understanding of what the SPFL have said is no NEW clubs to start training until the 24th.

"Hearts were already training because of the court case and the Premiership and the possibility they were up.

"My understanding was that they wouldn't have to stop training but you guys maybe know more than me.

"Look, here is my job, I am national clinical director, I am dealing with oil and gas, I am dealing with the health service, small retail premises along with all my colleagues. And we are trying to help with elite sport.

"We - I think rightly - said to the SPFL, you have to get your house in order.

"We want you to tell us how you are going to do that.

"We suggested there were two big categories of stuff they can do. One is enforcement. And we suggested some level of education.

"That wasn't a government decision and neither should it be."

1 hour ago, jbee647 said:

They banned Celtic fans in 1994, and in 2016 Celtic fans were banned for a couple of Ibrox clashes, Celtic then returned the favour and banned Rangers fans from Celtic Park, this has been slightly relaxed and both teams now allow each other a minimum allocation 

Im sure there must have been legitimate reasons though approved by the league, not just banning every ***** :lol: 

26 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

The whole thing is disgusting. I hope to god I never see Doncaster or Petrie ever.  Rage doesn’t come close to how I am feeling regarding this. Punish us because of these Aberdeen / Celtic* wanks.

i absolutely detest Scottish Football.  Any Hearts fan even thinking of going and putting their maroon £ in any other clubs pocket (except the very select few) need to get a grip.  I actually hope that there is another case of an arsehole breaking the rules and the whole SPL gets canned. Fek them

You’ve described exactly how I feel.  Posted virtually the exact same a wee while ago.  Detest Scottish football with a passion.  If it wasn’t for Hearts I wouldn’t watch another Scottish game ever again.  I’m a very firm believer in karma though you could call it and there’s no way these players can go a significant amount of time without messing up again.

Thing is though we know the SPFL are good at lying and covering things up it would surprise none of us if they will try their best to hide any further breaches despite how serious the situation is.  

The good thing though with all the publicity there will be a lot of scrutiny now on the players movements etc.  Yet on the other hand I wouldn’t count on the biased media to go out their way to catch them out.   

6 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Football is a contact sport so if a player contracts CV, and is in football training he is more likely to pass the virus on. 

Yes I agree but who are we playing this weekend? We are not playing anyone til October. So stopping us from training safeguards nothing because we are not playing other teams. 

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

THE Scottish football authorities insist a decision that has seen Hearts told to stop training was part of its agreement with the Scottish Government.

The Joint Response Group earlier announced that clubs below the Scottish Premiership would be unable to train until August 24 at the earliest. Relegated Hearts started back earlier this month.

Scotland’s national clinical director, Jason Leitch, later told BBC Radio Scotland that his understanding was that Hearts would not have to stop and that the decision came from the Scottish Professional Football League.

But a JRG spokesperson has told the PA news agency: “The pause on all football training beneath Premiership and including all adult football over-18 was part of the agreement with Scottish Government that culminated in today’s range of measures being announced and the majority of this week’s games going ahead as scheduled.”

Jason Leitch previously said: "I've just read the SPFL's news release before I came on.

"We told them to reassure us that everything is in place that is necessary.

"My understanding of what the SPFL have said is no NEW clubs to start training until the 24th.

"Hearts were already training because of the court case and the Premiership and the possibility they were up.

"My understanding was that they wouldn't have to stop training but you guys maybe know more than me.

"Look, here is my job, I am national clinical director, I am dealing with oil and gas, I am dealing with the health service, small retail premises along with all my colleagues. And we are trying to help with elite sport.

"We - I think rightly - said to the SPFL, you have to get your house in order.

"We want you to tell us how you are going to do that.

"We suggested there were two big categories of stuff they can do. One is enforcement. And we suggested some level of education.

"That wasn't a government decision and neither should it be."

time to go to court again !!

we know the fine and someone can pay for it ....

3 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

Ehh ?

what do you mean the first article in Ev News didn’t quote Leitch. It stated the decisions was made with govt and football authorities. 
like a govt minister would give a hoot about Hearts ..

Other posters did quote Leitch though . You didn't seem convinced

Jambof3tornado

Players risk injury by suddenly halting their carefully planned build up to peak fitness for the start of the season.

No date was set for when we had to start back to keep all clubs together. We have done no wrong.

**** the sfa **** the spfl

As for the JRG.......**** WHAT A WASTE OF SPACE!!

Footballfirst
35 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Does anyone know if any Lower League club was planning to start training before 24th August apart from us?

There are already many teams in the pyramid who have restarted training.

Club Update

... A wee mention for the players who have worked hard since returning to training

Man lifting weights
over the last 3 weeks. It has also been good to see Craig Nisbet’s new look U20s squad taking shape. Hopefully we can look forward to a few pre-season friendly matches soon.

and from Bonnyrigg Rose's treasurer

“Training tonight?” “Nah, called off due to new rules”
“Pub or cinema then?”
“Let’s do both, and get that trip to Greece booked tomorrow for a week”

Edited by Footballfirst

1 minute ago, john thomas said:

Other posters did quote Leitch though . You didn't seem convinced

I worked in a policy team. So was basing my update on Ev news article and my experience. 

Just now, WDJ87 said:

Yes I agree but who are we playing this weekend? We are not playing anyone til October. So stopping us from training safeguards nothing because we are not playing other teams. 

It’s not necessarily about playing other teams. 

A Hearts player catches CV, comes into training and passes onto the rest of the players in his bubble. Those players then go home to their wife, kids, parents and pass it onto them.

Maybe the email from Petrie & Co will go to our Spam Folder and we'll continue training using our World Class Facilities - which some people seem clearly envious of, compared to a barn in the wilds.....

upgotheheads

So, in the light of Jason Leitch's remark , The JRG statement is just a downright lie.

20 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Now there might be another way of looking at this. Maybe Doncaster and the SPFL are concerned about football integrity, ie, they think that it's totally unfair that Hearts can train three weeks before other Championship clubs. 

Aye?

Honestly, the more you look at his the more F*****g ludicrous it becomes.

Two Scottish clubs transgress. Neither is punished. All the other clubs currently in training quite legally are allowed to continue training... Except one...

Hearts.

What the **** is going on here. This decision alone should be cause for Hearts to challenge, again, the authority of Doncaster and his cronies.

Just when you think that Scottish football couldn't get any more bloody stupid it promptly does.

Seriously: a statement from the club is needed, maybe saying that they will encourage the supporters in any act of self denial, ie refraining from attending away games, whenever that becomes possible, while the current management structure of the SPFL is in place. 

If its unfair that Hearts can train 3 weeks before the rest of the Championship, how is it fair that three of the Cup semi finalists can train and PLAY many weeks before us?

We should state that unless the situation is restored, we would be unable to compete in the Cup, as FAIRNESS (ha ha) is not being practiced, 

Edited by merrymac

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

yep, one side is telling porkies

Remembering the Hampden fiasco... Doncaster said Police agreed, Clubs agreed and then the police said they had concerns and didnt agree, the clubs came out and said they didnt agree. The SPFL have form when it comes to lying. I know who my money is on 

Edited by WDJ87

Just now, upgotheheads said:

So, in the light of Jason Leitch's remark , The JRG statement is just a downright lie.

unless leitch was lying

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

unless leitch was lying

Leitch or Doncaster???

Shouldn't take long to choose😂

46 minutes ago, Taffin said:

If those itching to tell us it had nothing to do with the Scottish Government are correct I guess we'll find out soon enough as the below will either be publicly retracted or I'd guess a statement with a threat of legal action will follow:

"The Joint Response Group today outlines a wide range of measures agreed with the Scottish Government to reinforce Scottish football’s commitment to public health and adherence to protocols."

Note: a wide range of measure agreed with the Scottish Government.

Gie it a break Taffin. The man was on TV saying it didnt come from the Scot Gov. its Petrie & Doncaster. Are you blind?

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

unless leitch was lying

And what do you honestly think the chances are of that? 

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

unless leitch was lying

Yep that’s what it’ll be. These last few months have proven to us all that Scottish football governance is a bastion of honesty and integrity.

upgotheheads
Just now, milky_26 said:

unless leitch was lying

So we have a choice .

Either Jason Leitch was lying, or the SPFL were lying. Now I have never heard any suggestion, ever, that Jason Leitch is a liar.

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

Gie it a break Taffin. The man was on TV saying it didnt come from the Scot Gov. its Petrie & Doncaster. Are you blind?

There is a difference between blindness and wilful ignorance.

7 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

It’s not necessarily about playing other teams. 

A Hearts player catches CV, comes into training and passes onto the rest of the players in his bubble. Those players then go home to their wife, kids, parents and pass it onto them.

It is though, as these safeguards have been brought in to stop scottish football being shut down due to previous breaches of the rules. Not to protect player's families, they are worried about losing Sky TV money and saw a chance to stick the boot into us at the same time (again). They (players) are at risk, as are their families, as are we all. If it was to safeguard players and their kin then football would be stopped completely. I can see this running on and on, so I will move on. Agree to disagree but appreciate you didn't get personal or aggressive in your debate as a few seem to do on here. 👍

Edited by WDJ87

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 minutes ago, merrymac said:

If its unfair that Hearts can train 3 weeks before the rest of the Championship, how is it fair that three of the Cup semi finalists can train many weeks before us?

We should state that unless the situation is restored, we would be unable to compete in the Cup, as FAIRNESS (ha ha) is not being practiced, 

I agree. It is a farce the cup is being played in any case but now we have an extra hurdle through no fault of our own. Feck them.

Just now, Sooperstar said:

I expect us to be back training by the start of next week.

Maybe they will only allow us to train for 3/4 of the day:phface:

I doubt the SPFL have the power to stop clubs training. 

If they've advised it, keep everyone safe and ignore it.

Only the government have the power to enforce it shirley. 

16 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Boof

on the SFA news release additional notes

Additional guidance notes

1. Glasgow City Women’s FC can continue to train in preparation for their UEFA Women’s Champions League tie against Wolfsburg on 21 August and will be visited to audit and verify compliance.
2. Heart of Midlothian FC has been informed of the need to pause their current training programme until at least 24 August.
3. Adult (over-18) recreational football will not be permitted to participate in any form of organised training.
4. Youth (under-18) football can continue in line with current Scottish Government guidance.

I saw Edinburgh United training last weekend. Does that mean they have to stop as well??

Bazzas right boot

Scottish football is going to get shut down. 

It can't run itself competently or safely. 

All this shite also just means that fans being allowed in stadiums is getting further away rather than closer. 

The sg will be thinking if this is the shit show with no fans, **** letting fans back in anytime soon. 

Also, Anyone who thinks the sg is to blame for the way we have been treated are stupid beyond all belief. 

Edited by Smith's right boot