Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

Glamorgan Jambo

Quite intrigued by the possibility Selleck will have to play their Euro qualifiers at a designated neutral venue. Their seems little interest

in this from the red tops but it appears that because the Icelandic players would be required to go into 14 days quarantine on return the game may be moved to Greece or Cyprus. 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

The word tinpot comes to mind.

It does, but all throughout this covid crisis, one word springs to mind - unprofessional, all led by a guy on £400k a year. 

The mind boggles. 

IveSeenTheLight
1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

You should have been fined and docked 3 points to set a precedent and send an unequivocal message to the clubs and players. I doubt you'll even get hit by the compliance officer. 

That could have been an option, albeit a severely harsh option.

I accept that the potential could have resulted in much harsher impact to the game in Scotland and therefore a harsher penalty, but it didn't.

There's also the legal aspect to consider.

How can you penalise a business / club for something that occurred outwith the working environment?

If you, I, anyone else on this forum or indeed anyone else in this country broke the three household rule, we'd have been given a slap on the wrists, told to move on and if we didn't comply then we'd get an on the spot fine.

I reserve the right to consider that if the rumours are true and the root cause of this was a gentleman tested for the virus, found to be positive and knowingly went to the Hawthorne bar, then they should be sent to Prison.

I do however accept that the players need to be above reproach compared to the general public and they will be well aware of the consequences their action can impact the wider society.

In my view, they were put into isolation and the game should have gone ahead, with the decimated squad.

Failing that, we would have accepted a forfeited game (that's not docking points, but awarding the points to the opposition).

That said, I truly believe that what stopped them from doing so was the fear of precedent being set and it happening to one of the cheeks

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

The problem was your players are self-entitled, selfish, ignorant muppets who thought rules were for other people. 

Absolutely, fully agree.

There are many menbers of society volunteering not to ease lockdown as quickly as the government is allowing to protect themselves / loved ones.

Players should naturally and be strictly advised that it is still not acceptable to be in crowded places.

A meal, fair enough, within the 3 household rule, but certainly not the crowded bar afterwards

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

If the club were praised for handling Covid-19, they sure made a less than stellar effort at instilling the rules and restrictions into their players. 

Agree as well. I'd be certain the rules were made abundantly clear.

Its reported that they are not allowed to travel together to training, changing facilities are restricted to a maximum of 3/4 players, meals are separate at the club, so it does take a numpty to think that they go to all these lengths and can do what they want once they leave the workplace.

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

Hopefully your decimated squad gets relegated after having to send out the kit man up front, 4 academy kids and the janitor in the midfield and a Balwen Ram in goal. 

I highly doubt we'll be in relegation position, but you never know.

Our first team will still be ok on Wednesday, even without the fateful eight.

Lots of guesses at team line up but potentially

Lewis

Hernandez Taylor Hoban MacKenzie / Logan

Ojo Ferguson

Hedges McGinn McLennan

Edmondson

LB would be our concerned position, with Considine suspended, Hayes and Kennedy omitted, Hoban has played LB before, but will be required int he centre. Campbell is left footed and has played there before, so that's an option too.

The reduced squad will make it tougher, but I still fancy us to take something out of the Hamilton game and potentially the rearranged St Johnstone game. Celtic was always likely to be a loss and potentially just bonus points, the worry would be that they have to react to their dropped points at Killie.

Then the 8 players will be back available (apart from Consgrove and Devlin who were injured anyway), and will have some making up to do to the manager, club and the fans, so hopefully we see that reaction on the pitch

IveSeenTheLight
48 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Like I mentioned earlier... I wonder what UEFA would have done had it been a Euro tie and not St J?

I think the game would have gone ahead, with the depleted squad.

We've seen precedents when games have been called off, only for them to be played the next day.

Worst case, they award the game 3-0 to the opposition, effectively kicking the club out of the comp being a one legged tie this year.

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Irony alert. I think Hearts, Thistle and Stranraer have cornered the market on severe, harsh penalties thanks.

Doesn't get much more severe or harsh than relegating clubs needlessly and undeservedly during a pandemic so clubs like yours can be free to start the season on August 1st.

I think as a punishment of sorts the financial reward of the game being on Sky the proceeds should all go to St.Johnstone I presume that a live Sky game the cash gets halved between the two teams? Irrespective of no supporters St.Johnstone would still have had additional costs again Aberdeen fc should have had to come good for. 

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Irony alert. I think Hearts, Thistle and Stranraer have cornered the market on severe, harsh penalties thanks.

Doesn't get much more severe or harsh than relegating clubs needlessly and undeservedly during a pandemic so clubs like yours can be free to start the season on August 1st.

I always advocated: -

1) Play the League to a finish if possible

2) Temporary reconstruct with no relegation

3) If options 1 and 2 are not possible, then unfortunately, call the league as is with reasonable compensation to the relegated clubs.

I understand given the Scottish Government position and for sponsorship contractual reasons,  that the league could not be completed.However, I cannot fathom why the temporary reconstruction could not be resolved. 

AngleParkMenace
6 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

I think as a punishment of sorts the financial reward of the game being on Sky the proceeds should all go to St.Johnstone I presume that a live Sky game the cash gets halved between the two teams? Irrespective of no supporters St.Johnstone would still have had additional costs again Aberdeen fc should have had to come good for. 

I always thought it was all pooled and then the majority given to the old firm with the rest of us getting the scraps 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I always advocated: -

1) Play the League to a finish if possible

2) Temporary reconstruct with no relegation

3) If options 1 and 2 are not possible, then unfortunately, call the league as is with reasonable compensation to the relegated clubs.

I understand given the Scottish Government position and for sponsorship contractual reasons,  that the league could not be completed.However, I cannot fathom why the temporary reconstruction could not be resolved. 

Given contact football has been allowed since July I think we could have agreed a July start with the gov to finish the games and pushed the new season start back to mid Sept. Contracts could have been amended accordingly. It is an emergency situation after all. At the very least the relegation/promotion play-offs and Scottish Cup games could have been played, with us given dispensation to start training with the Premiership clubs because we're in the cup.

Whether the SPFL would have been competent enough to actually get testing and all that right to finish the games in time is another thing. Doubtful given the mess they've made of it already. I mean they only had 4 months to plan for it...

Edited by ToqueJambo

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Given contact football has been allowed since July I think we could have agreed a July start with the gov to finish the games and pushed the new season start back to mid Sept. Contracts could have been amended accordingly. It is an emergency situation after all. At the very least the relegation/promotion play-offs and Scottish Cup games could have been played, with us given dispensation to start training with the Premiership clubs because we're in the cup.

Whether the SPFL would have been competent enough to actually get testing and all that right to finish the games in time is another thing. Doubtful given the mess they've made of it already. I mean they only had 4 months to plan for it...

The fairest way would have been to get the 8 games completed.

They could even have instilled that the games were played  every second day if need be.

Unprecedented maybe, but an option to complete the league in just over 2 weeks.

Would that have been more acceptable, albeit a physical demand on all the teams?

16 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I think the game would have gone ahead, with the depleted squad.

We've seen precedents when games have been called off, only for them to be played the next day.

Worst case, they award the game 3-0 to the opposition, effectively kicking the club out of the comp being a one legged tie this year.

Not sure the game would’ve gone ahead, UEFA may have come to the same conclusion as the SG. 
They would’ve (almost certainly imo) made you forfeit the tie. They would’ve made a decision without worrying about the ‘OF perspective’. And I say this knowing UEFA are only marginally less tinpot than our own organisation. 

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

Not sure the game would’ve gone ahead, UEFA may have come to the same conclusion as the SG. 
They would’ve (almost certainly imo) made you forfeit the tie. They would’ve made a decision without worrying about the ‘OF perspective’. And I say this knowing UEFA are only marginally less tinpot than our own organisation. 

Its certainly possible.

I still think that the game would have gone ahead, presuming we still had enough players available from the declared European squad.

You wonder is UEFA have considered the action to take if any club throughout Europe is impacted.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

The fairest way would have been to get the 8 games completed.

They could even have instilled that the games were played  every second day if need be.

Unprecedented maybe, but an option to complete the league in just over 2 weeks.

Would that have been more acceptable, albeit a physical demand on all the teams?

It could have been done for sure. We all know why the league was stopped so early though. Celtic were terrified of a null and void (and probably of closed door games making the last 8 fixtures a bit of a lottery, meaning they could be caught). Still think they should have pushed to finish games as their "9 in a row" has an asterix against it for all time now, just as our relegation isn't a real relegation.

Will be interesting to see if Celtic are 4 pts behind in the title race with 8 or more to play what happens. You might find the SPFL as determined to play games as they have been during Aberdeen's covid crisis.

Edited by ToqueJambo

24 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Our first team will still be ok on Wednesday, even without the fateful eight.

Lots of guesses at team line up but potentially

Lewis

Hernandez Taylor Hoban MacKenzie / Logan

Ojo Ferguson

Hedges McGinn McLennan

Edmondson

LB would be our concerned position, with Considine suspended, Hayes and Kennedy omitted, Hoban has played LB before, but will be required int he centre. Campbell is left footed and has played there before, so that's an option too.

The reduced squad will make it tougher, but I still fancy us to take something out of the Hamilton game and potentially the rearranged St Johnstone game. Celtic was always likely to be a loss and potentially just bonus points, the worry would be that they have to react to their dropped points at Killie.

Then the 8 players will be back available (apart from Consgrove and Devlin who were injured anyway), and will have some making up to do to the manager, club and the fans, so hopefully we see that reaction on the pitch

Quite why you believe anyone on here would give the shiniest of shites about your disease-ridden two-bit club is beyond my understanding.

Your players were well out of order and your club has dodged a match-forfeiting bullet because of Doncaster's incompetence. And maybe a wee bit of your chairman's servile obsequiousness in allowing the self-same Doncaster to bleat endlessly about his magical 81% of clubs...blah, blah, blah.

Why that useless lump of turd of an administrator hasn't put something in place to either pre-empt something like this happening or ensuring sanctions are in place and publicised before it does...well, we all know that he who pays the piper...

IveSeenTheLight
2 minutes ago, Boof said:

Quite why you believe anyone on here would give the shiniest of shites about your disease-ridden two-bit club is beyond my understanding.

Your players were well out of order and your club has dodged a match-forfeiting bullet because of Doncaster's incompetence. And maybe a wee bit of your chairman's servile obsequiousness in allowing the self-same Doncaster to bleat endlessly about his magical 81% of clubs...blah, blah, blah.

Why that useless lump of turd of an administrator hasn't put something in place to either pre-empt something like this happening or ensuring sanctions are in place and publicised before it does...well, we all know that he who pays the piper...

Just engaging with people on a subject and discussing with them on the points raised.

It is possible, that because of the outbreak, the games could have been cancelled anyway.

Looking at the summary of the meeting, it'd suggest that Wednesday's game will be off as well

It seems there are 167 confirmed cases of Covid-19 in the city, with nearing 1000  close contacts traced, albeit, reported that there have been 0 admissions in Aberdeen as a result, which is a real positive in the circumstances I think.

I'm expecting the city to be on continued lockdown for at lease another week while the figures are analysed

NATIONAL clinical director Jason Leitch has said that he cannot confirm that Aberdeen's Premiership match with Hamilton on Wednesday will go ahead.

Leitch has been briefing the managers and captains of all Scottish Premiership clubs at 5pm this evening at the end of a week which saw eight Aberdeen stars forced to quarantine after a night out in the city which is now under lockdown measures.

Speaking on the Go Radio show, Leitch said the Zoom Call had gone well but he couldn't guarantee yet that Wednesday's Pittodrie showdown against the Accies would be going ahead.

"It certainly is NOT confirmed. Everybody is hopeful.

"Everybody is hopeful that Aberdeen city will get through this outbreak and get out the other end of it.

"But we have some important decisions to make on Wednesday for the population at large

And depending on that, it will have an influence on the game and what can happen around that.

"Because this game is in Aberdeen, not an away game.

"The wish is that elite football, like all elite sports, gets back as quick as they possibly can. But they have also got a responsibility. With privilege comes responsibility and that is what we have been getting across to clubs.

"For the first time I think, all captains and all managers have been in the one place at the one time, so it is a pretty unique moment, expressing the seriousness with which we are all taking this.

"The SPFL convened this and I and a couple of others from the Government went on and it was constructive and friendly but you won't be surprised to hear that I was pretty robust and assertive.

"Because I am a football fan and I don't want that return to be put at risk.

"Nor do I want people abused or vilified in any way - people make mistakes so let's move on from that.

"But this might have been a moment in time where football players realise we are not messing around here.

"750,000 people have died from this virus globally so you trifle with this virus at your peril."

As for a swift return of football in front of crowds, Leitch said the Aberdeen row hasn't done that idea any favours.

"I don't think this has helped but this wasn't a fan problem.

"We are worried about indoor hospitality, we have got an outbreak now in Aberdeen which is 167 people."

"The broader question on the guidance as to whether players should go out at all.

"I think there is an argument that elite sports people should go beyond the guidelines, not think they are just behaving like the general public."

Rod Petrie, Chair of the Joint Response Group, said: “The JRG is thankful to Professor Leitch, as well as the managers and captains of Scottish Premiership clubs, for facilitating a video call to reinforce the message that Scottish football is serious in its commitment to helping the country emerge from the COVID crisis as safely as possible.
“The events of last week were deeply regrettable but the JRG commends the immediate response by the Aberdeen owner, David Cormack, and the manager, Derek McInnes, in dealing with the matter and providing government with the necessary confidence that there will be no repeat."

24 minutes ago, AngleParkMenace said:

I always thought it was all pooled and then the majority given to the old firm with the rest of us getting the scraps 

Maybe don’t know but the costs out with what sky provide should be picked up by Aberdeen.

5 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I don’t think anyone would go out a deliberately catch COVID-19 to get a game postponed.

Is that what the Aberdeen players did? Is that what you're saying? They deliberately went out to catch it? FFS man.

I said that without punishment, what is there to stop players from other clubs going out on the bevvy and flaunting the rules? 

Breaking news, the majority of players are not very clever or socially responsible. 

39 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It does, but all throughout this covid crisis, one word springs to mind - unprofessional, all led by a guy on £400k a year. 

The mind boggles. 

I was wondering what Doncaster's salary was when he was recruited, I've not found that, but in 2012 he was on £172k but got an inflation busting 16%/£28k rise. His wages have almost doubled in the 8 years since. No wonder when Lawwell says jump Doncaster asks how high?

It's actually getting a bit ridiculous that Lawwell has taken 4 days to write Doncaster's statement about the Aberdeen situation.

Rod Petrie, Chair of the Joint Response Group...I think I've found out why this particular group seems to have been so ineffectual.

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, oi oi said:

Is that what the Aberdeen players did? Is that what you're saying? They deliberately went out to catch it? FFS man.

I said that without punishment, what is there to stop players from other clubs going out on the bevvy and flaunting the rules? 

Breaking news, the majority of players are not very clever or socially responsible. 

Hopefully, today's meeting shares with the managers and the captains underlines no doubt the expectations of the players.

They should have known better and with this event and the meeting held, there should be no excuses 

Willie Hamilton genius
4 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Hopefully, today's meeting shares with the managers and the captains underlines no doubt the expectations of the players.

They should have known better and with this event and the meeting held, there should be no excuses 

I have no problem with other clubs fans occasionally being on here.

BUt you are on here a lot!

Are you on other clubs sites too?

IF so, you must have zero time for anything else

NO offence, just curious

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, Willie Hamilton genius said:

I have no problem with other clubs fans occasionally being on here.

BUt you are on here a lot!

Are you on other clubs sites too?

IF so, you must have zero time for anything else

NO offence, just curious

Certainly with lockdown, I've been on a number of sites and probably more so than normal

I enjoy engaging with opposition fans and find JKB interesting on that front.

I actually had stepped back quite a bit when you guys where understandably frustrated and annoyed with the legal case / process.

I had been off here for about a week and just popped back in as I knew you guys would be discussing the Aberdeen situation with the Covid outbreak.

Its quite easy to sit with a tab open, ding other things and then you get a ping when there's a new post. 

2 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Certainly with lockdown, I've been on a number of sites and probably more so than normal

I enjoy engaging with opposition fans and find JKB interesting on that front.

I actually had stepped back quite a bit when you guys where understandably frustrated and annoyed with the legal case / process.

I had been off here for about a week and just popped back in as I knew you guys would be discussing the Aberdeen situation with the Covid outbreak.

Its quite easy to sit with a tab open, ding other things and then you get a ping when there's a new post. 

I enjoy your company on here

Leitch not exactly covering himself in glory

He has admitted that players were and are allowed out but trying to get in with his boss by telling us the issue is whether they should or not even though there was no advice not to do so even if in the football bubble...You and the government cocked up there .

No Jason one of the issues is whether the government you represent have cocked up by opening bars and restaurants or have applied the wrong rules in doing so and are not having the authorities apply the rules hard enough. The Aberdeen players are not responsible for the outbreak.  (The general population also need to look hard at their own actions)

The other issue is the household issue for which the players bear responsibility and for which the club and players may need to be punished

Look at your own advice Jason and think hard 

IveSeenTheLight
2 minutes ago, Phage said:

I enjoy your company on here

Thanks.

I see many on here don't appreciate me being on a Hearts website, but I'm pretty thick skinned and ignore the posts if I think there is an attempt to fish or to start a flaming spiral.

For others, I guess they enjoy a differing perception and discussions can be quite good.

Whilst I may have a differing viewpoint and naturally would have a tendency to defend the club I support, I am open and hoest in my opinions and in no way ever intend to cause offence, although on occasions I am happy to add a bit of opposition viewpoint banter as well, where I think it can be taken well.

One thing for certain, is that in one way, I'm looking forward to the season being over as hopefully we are a lot further down the road to normality, hopefully a vaccine is in place and Hearts gain promotion back up to the Premier League.

There is no doubt that the Hearts games are one of the games I look forward to most in the season, because they are invariably good, close , tough encounters where you never know how the game will pan out regardless of form or previous results.

1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I accept that the potential could have resulted in much harsher impact to the game in Scotland and therefore a harsher penalty, but it didn't.

How can you penalise a business / club for something that occurred outwith the working environment?

This is absolutely jaw dropping stuff.

The set of bollocks you must have, a fan of Aberdeen - a club that was as culpable as anyone for the summer of farce we have just endured with your weak owner bending over for Lawell and Doncaster  - to come onto a Hearts fans forum and talk about 'harsh options' and 'legal aspects to consider' ????

After what has happened to us this summer, there is no such thing as a harsh option anymore. When you go throwing clubs out the league then that shop has well and truly sailed. And there certainly is no such thing as sympathy from us.

28 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Just engaging with people on a subject and discussing with them on the points raised.

The bit I actually quoted had you expounding upon Wednesday night's game, your thoughts on the line-up and a monologue on the merits or otherwise of these players.

Nobody on here cares. Really. Other than you, not a soul.

1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

You're ****ing kidding, right? 

FFS 😂

Every hearts fan is bitter, horrified about what happened this summer.  It's only in this context that folk are crying out for harsh punishment for Aberdeen.  Whatever the rights or wrongs of the players, there is no way Aberdeen should be punished harshly for their players getting a virus.  

There is also no possible way that the JRG/SPFL could have not had a plan for this situation.  And yet...

Obviously people will act in they way they want, but, to me, there is no point in letting what happened to us cloud every debate forever.  I hope karma will see us right as it's against my principles to call for, what would imo be, unfair punishment, just because we suffered the same.

IveSeenTheLight
19 minutes ago, Boof said:

The bit I actually quoted had you expounding upon Wednesday night's game, your thoughts on the line-up and a monologue on the merits or otherwise of these players.

Nobody on here cares. Really. Other than you, not a soul.

To be fair, that was because another poster had commented on the decimated squad

IveSeenTheLight
19 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

You're ****ing kidding, right? 

No.

I've said time and again that the season should have been finished or that there should have been a temporary reconstruction.

I think it was the worst possible outcome to declare the league and relegate Hearts (along with Stranrear and Partick)

I am not the voice of opposition to you guys on this matter.

1 minute ago, Dia Liom said:

FFS 😂

Every hearts fan is bitter, horrified about what happened this summer.  It's only in this context that folk are crying out for harsh punishment for Aberdeen.  Whatever the rights or wrongs of the players, there is no way Aberdeen should be punished harshly for their players getting a virus.  

There is also no possible way that the JRG/SPFL could have not had a plan for this situation.  And yet...

Obviously people will act in they way they want, but, to me, there is no point in letting what happened to us cloud every debate forever.  I hope karma will see us right as it's against my principles to call for, what would imo be, unfair punishment, just because we suffered the same.

Almost a breakout of sanity on JKB..watch your back the Spanish inquisition will be coming for you

Guest ToqueJambo
21 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

FFS 😂

Disagree completely - all of it. They were directly responsible for a game being postponed (possibly 3) by breaking rules put in place to enable games to go ahead. Teams get hammered for far less. Us for example, getting fined £2,500 for breaking a rule - also as a direct result of a situation brought about by the pandemic. We were actually threatened with getting thrown out of the league completely! 😂 Aberdeen get a tickle under the chin.

As for the SPFL not being able to have a plan. A covid outbreak at a club is the least surprising scenario possible! It's absolutely something they should have been planning for, even just leaving enough space in the schedule to cope with postponements (which they have admitted they haven't done) and/or coming up with punishments for clubs that break the rules and communicating those in advance.

It's pretty simple.

If there are cases at a club do we play or postpone?

If we postpone what is the punishment for the club if they are found to have broken the rules?

If they have broken the rules should there be a punishment even if the game goes ahead?

The Betfred cup going ahead is looking like it will be up there with the most stupid of all the decisions made by Doncaster and co. "Do we play a competition no-one really cares about anyhow, forcing more testing costs on clubs and running the risk of more postponements clogging up schedules when league games may also very likely be postponed?"

You have to wonder about their thought processes.

Edited by ToqueJambo

I do not understand how anyone is trying to hide behind the 3 household rule.

HMFC made it quite clear that on our return to training, that NO supporters were to be at the training ground as players were NOT allowed to sign autographs or pose for photos etc.

NS was emphatic that the AFC 8 had broken "the rules". Like any other member of the public, I am not aware of what "the rules" in terms of elite sport returning to training/playing are, but it is clear there are additional guidelines to follow outwith the general public issues.

It sums up SPFL executive & Board AND the equivalent clowns at SFA, that no procedures were put in place in terms of any Covid breaches by Clubs and/or Players. This should have been clear from Day 1 & any breaches would result in punishment.

Aberdeen & the Covididiots have got away "scot free", despite other issues with testing by The Rangers, Motherwell & H1b5 having already being exposed as being inadequate.

Leadership sadly lacking in both Scottish Football Authorities, but no surprise going on their past record over a number of years!! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Kris Boyd on and off the mark yesterday. 

Called into question integrity of St Johnstone not playing Aberdeen 8 men down,  then on the other hand seemed adamant that to be fair the SPFL would have to postpone Hamilton and Celtic matches. 

SPFL not so bothered about integrity though Kris. 

St Johnstone the latest to suffer,  to a far less degree,  we'll make it up as we go along. 

To make matters even more laughable he concluded what if this influences placings end of season 

Ffs

::facepaw::

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Disagree completely - all of it. They were directly responsible for a game being postponed (possibly 3) by breaking rules put in place to enable games to go ahead. Teams get hammered for far less. Us for example, getting fined £2,500 for breaking a rule - also as a direct result of a situation brought about by the pandemic. We were actually threatened with getting thrown out of the league completely! 😂 Aberdeen get a tickle under the chin.

As for the SPFL not being able to have a plan. A covid outbreak at a club is the least surprising scenario possible! It's absolutely something they should have been planning for, even just leaving enough space in the schedule to cope with postponements (which they have admitted they haven't done) and/or coming up with punishments for clubs that break the rules and communicating those in advance.

It's pretty simple.

If we postpone what is the punishment for the club if they are found to have broken the rules?

If they have broken the rules should there be a punishment even if the game goes ahead?

6 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

HMFC made it quite clear that on our return to training, that NO supporters were to be at the training ground as players were NOT allowed to sign autographs or pose for photos etc.

NS was emphatic that the AFC 8 had broken "the rules". Like any other member of the public, I am not aware of what "the rules" in terms of elite sport returning to training/playing are, but it is clear there are additional guidelines to follow outwith the general public issues.

It sums up SPFL executive & Board AND the equivalent clowns at SFA, that no procedures were put in place in terms of any Covid breaches by Clubs and/or Players. This should have been clear from Day 1 & any breaches would result in punishment.

Aberdeen & the Covididiots have got away "scot free", despite other issues with testing by The Rangers, Motherwell & H1b5 having already being exposed as being inadequate.

Leadership sadly lacking in both Scottish Football Authorities, but no surprise going on their past record over a number of years!! 

This and that

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

This. For months we've been told we were demoted because... "those were the rules we signed up to". We didn't actually even break any rules when it comes to the demotion because there were no rules about what to do, just rules around member votes. 

In this case, there are actual proper rules laid down and Aberdeen broke them despite knowing these rules well in advance.

11 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

The problem with your post is that there are no additional rules for footballers so time to get off the high horse

This was admitted again today by Mr Leitch so time to rewind and stop dreaming of imaginary rules by which your needs will be met..again there were no special rules for footballers

The blame lies with the government as well as the players..the government did not specify any additional rules on players/clubs

4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

The problem with your post is that there are no additional rules for footballers so time to get off the high horse

This was admitted again today by Mr Leitch so time to rewind and stop dreaming of imaginary rules by which your needs will be met..again there were no special rules for footballers

The blame lies with the government as well as the players..the government did not specify any additional rules on players/clubs

Disagree, there were obviously additional guidelines in place, evidenced by HMFC on their website as noted in my post.

Temporary changing/shower facilities in place in stadia all over the country. Restricted "bubbles" in terms of number of players on return to training. No contact initially when players got back. Testing on a weekly basis, now twice weekly due to the number of breaches already in the public forum.

No doubt there are plenty of other examples.

BUT, no special rules for footballers....give it a rest!!

2 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

Disagree, there were obviously additional guidelines in place, evidenced by HMFC on their website as noted in my post.

Temporary changing/shower facilities in place in stadia all over the country. Restricted "bubbles" in terms of number of players on return to training. No contact initially when players got back. Testing on a weekly basis, now twice weekly due to the number of breaches already in the public forum.

Looks like the JRG (Rod Petrie) have sorted out that pesky Jason Leitch the SG spokesman.

SO we have the SFA telling the SG what will happen. I am not sure this will end well for Scottish Football.

"Harsh lessons have been learned by Aberdeen that will have been heeded by the rest of Scottish football and that message was made clear to Professor Leitch," said SFA president Rod Petrie.

Just now, 2205ian said:

Sorry but there were none in place (special rules that is) for going out in public and that is what we are discussing

Trying to twist the discussion simply proves my point and you know it..even the governments own medical officer has stated this today

The only 'rule' the Aberdeen players broke was the more than 3 households meeting up in public/private rule given the fact they are training together and playing together with permission

It hurts a few on hear to know the truth but it will help you in the long term

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Sorry but there were none in place (special rules that is) for going out in public and that is what we are discussing

Trying to twist the discussion simply proves my point and you know it..even the governments own medical officer has stated this today

The only 'rule' the Aberdeen players broke was the more than 3 households meeting up in public/private rule given the fact they are training together and playing together with permission

So it's your way or no way!!!

To repeat, give it a rest!!

44 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Almost a breakout of sanity on JKB..watch your back the Spanish inquisition will be coming for you

haha! It'll never catch on

33 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Fair enough, Toque.  I do think they should have had to play the game without the 8 players which would have been punishment enough.

It's pretty simple.

The Betfred cup going ahead is looking like it will be up there with the most stupid of all the decisions made by Doncaster and co. "Do we play a competition no-one really cares about anyhow, forcing more testing costs on clubs and running the risk of more postponements clogging up schedules when league games may also very likely be postponed?"

You have to wonder about their thought processes.

Absolutely!  The lack of a plan is, unsurprisingly, another disgrace.  Still though, I'd be against any punishment.

Just now, 2205ian said:

So it's your way or no way!!!

To repeat, give it a rest!!

It's the truth or a lie..you know I'm right hence your attitude

Sorry seems to be the hardest word for you

Guest ToqueJambo
17 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Their own manager has hammered them for breaking the rules, guidelines... whatever you want to call them. Not just the household rule. All clubs have "rules" around what's acceptable or not. In any case, the household rule is there for a reason so not sure how adding that this was the "only" rule they broke changes anything.

It's also the fact that football is being treated as a special case, and these players just took liberties. How hard is it to just focus on your football for a while?

Edited by ToqueJambo

Siphiwe Tshabalala
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

The mind boggles. 

Spot on. Truly shambolic. 

Aberdeen should have been made to play that fixture with kids. 

From HMFC Website :

Due to the current global pendemic, PLAYERS and Staff will NOT be able to come into contact with anyone outwith of the club and therefore, cannot pose for photographs or sign autographs/merchandise. With strict Covid-19 regulations in place, fans are kindly asked to not attend Oriam. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter.

So no additional guidelines for players?

I'm sure any further breaches of Covid "rules" will result in NS taking action whether football fans like it or not, or indeed, players.

The SPFL & SFA will soon be "put back in their place" as they are not the decision makers in terms of Covid - 19. The Zoom Meeting tonight is "last man's saloon"

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Boof said:

Rod Petrie, Chair of the Joint Response Group...I think I've found out why this particular group seems to have been so ineffectual.

They’ve achieved nothing of any major innovation or benefit to the clubs. A bigger waste of time than the reconstruction group, and that was a sham, as we now know.

11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Their own manager has hammered them for breaking the rules, guidelines... whatever you want to call them. Not just the household rule. All clubs have "rules" around what's acceptable or not. In any case, the household rule is there for a reason so not sure how adding that this was the "only" rule they broke changes anything.

It's also the fact that football is being treated as a special case, and these players just took liberties. How hard is it to just focus on your football for a while?

👍