Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Is the Bollingoli breaking quarantine rules social media story fake?

the sun and record are both reporting it. he had a holiday in spain came back just before the killie game didn't quarantine and played v killie

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

Fort Vallance
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Disagree completely - all of it. They were directly responsible for a game being postponed (possibly 3) by breaking rules put in place to enable games to go ahead. Teams get hammered for far less. Us for example, getting fined £2,500 for breaking a rule - also as a direct result of a situation brought about by the pandemic. We were actually threatened with getting thrown out of the league completely! 😂 Aberdeen get a tickle under the chin.

As for the SPFL not being able to have a plan. A covid outbreak at a club is the least surprising scenario possible! It's absolutely something they should have been planning for, even just leaving enough space in the schedule to cope with postponements (which they have admitted they haven't done) and/or coming up with punishments for clubs that break the rules and communicating those in advance.

It's pretty simple.

If there are cases at a club do we play or postpone?

If we postpone what is the punishment for the club if they are found to have broken the rules?

If they have broken the rules should there be a punishment even if the game goes ahead?

The Betfred cup going ahead is looking like it will be up there with the most stupid of all the decisions made by Doncaster and co. "Do we play a competition no-one really cares about anyhow, forcing more testing costs on clubs and running the risk of more postponements clogging up schedules when league games may also very likely be postponed?"

You have to wonder about their thought processes.

Bang on from start to finish.

Glamorgan Jambo

That’s a cracker of a story about Bolingoli in the Sun. Basically jetted off for a few days in Spain, ignored quarantine and played against Kilmarnock yesterday. 

Let’s see the SPFL take a firm line here (I’m of course being sarcastic. Doncaster is at Costco buying some huge brushes and a couple of spare carpets)

1 hour ago, 2205ian said:

Aberdeen & the Covididiots have got away "scot free", despite other issues with testing by The Rangers, Motherwell & H1b5 having already being exposed as being inadequate.

Leadership sadly lacking in both Scottish Football Authorities, but no surprise going on their past record over a number of years!! 

add in the dozen or so vermin who went through to Livingston and watched the game through the gaps in the stands. Guaranteed they weren’t from the same “bubble” - but then again they likely are all related 😂🤣

Just now, Glamorgan Jambo said:

That’s a cracker of a story about Bolingoli in the Sun. Basically jetted off for a few days in Spain, ignored quarantine and played against Kilmarnock yesterday. 

Let’s see the SPFL take a firm line here (I’m of course being sarcastic. Doncaster is at Costco buying some huge brushes and a couple of spare carpets)

Interesting final paragraph -

“Subsequent to the player’s return he has recorded two negative tests in the past week.”

So the club knew.

And let him play? 

highlandjambo3

So, excuse my ignorance but, Aberdeen have had a few players tested positive (6-8? I don’t know and just skim reading)....don’t they have at least 20odd players registered?

1.  Why haven’t they been told to field a team team regardless of the situation they created.

2.  Why are * SJ (and the SPFL) happy to postpone the match Knowing SJ could probably take advantage of a lesser sheep team? If it was us well......we’d be told to take our medicine and get on with it.

3.  Good to see the SPFL jumping in with their command, leadership and management direction on resolving this issue (by e mail of course, sent at 16:50hrs).

* and it’s a BIG why.  cos they are no marks and happy to jump into bed with any (perceived) big team to take in away gate money.

Edited by highlandjambo3

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Kris Boyd on and off the mark yesterday. 

Called into question integrity of St Johnstone not playing Aberdeen 8 men down,  then on the other hand seemed adamant that to be fair the SPFL would have to postpone Hamilton and Celtic matches. 

SPFL not so bothered about integrity though Kris. 

St Johnstone the latest to suffer,  to a far less degree,  we'll make it up as we go along. 

To make matters even more laughable he concluded what if this influences placings end of season 

Ffs

::facepaw::

You have to live in hope that Aberdeen best St Johnstone then pip Hibs to a European spot by 3 points 

2 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

So Celtic, no doubt represented most at the meeting tonight likely knew at the time of the meeting they had a breach too...

2 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Not sure the game would’ve gone ahead, UEFA may have come to the same conclusion as the SG. 
They would’ve (almost certainly imo) made you forfeit the tie. They would’ve made a decision without worrying about the ‘OF perspective’. And I say this knowing UEFA are only marginally less tinpot than our own organisation. 

Athletico Madrid have 2 players test positive before they travel to Lisbon for the CL quarter finals, they are being allowed to travel and Uefa say the game is on as long as they've got 13 fit players.

https://www.goal.com/en/amp/news/atletico-madrid-confirm-correa-and-vrsaljko-have-tested-positive-/q6lpyonxzhc010kdryuh3tnze

SectionDJambo

I wonder what fantastic planning and innovation Petrie, and his Joint Response Group, will come up with to maximise revenue to clubs when they can’t have spectators in grounds any time soon.

Or worse still, what wonderful scheme will they come up with if the SG tell them they can have limited spectators in grounds, and the clubs then have to pay for police and security, with little income.

The SPFL board and most of it’s member clubs spent the summer ensuring that Scottish football is as fragmented as it could possibly be, instead of pulling together to promote unity and collective, positive purpose. 
The Aberdeen fiasco is, in part, the result of a lack of forward thinking for the collective good. We can only expect Scottish football to lurch to more errors of judgement or just plain lack of thought, with the pathetic leadership that it is cursed with.

Seymour M Hersh

Any news from the Mr Vidication organised soiree/shindig/natter they were meant to be having with all the premiershit managers & captains? 

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Is Bolingolli a breach?

What about Aaron Hickey?  Is he quaranteening?

Returnees from Spain have to quarantine, Italy and Germany are still on the good guy list I think.

Glamorgan Jambo
1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Is Bolingolli a breach?

What about Aaron Hickey?  Is he quaranteening?

of course it’s a breach.

As far as I understand it Hickey’s been to Italy and Germany and neither country has a 14 day quarantine period.

It’s interesting that the media aren’t reporting exactly when Bolingoli was in Spain.

It’s highly unlikely a club wouldn’t know if their player wasn’t in the country.

52 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Sorry but there were none in place (special rules that is) for going out in public and that is what we are discussing

Trying to twist the discussion simply proves my point and you know it..even the governments own medical officer has stated this today

The only 'rule' the Aberdeen players broke was the more than 3 households meeting up in public/private rule given the fact they are training together and playing together with permission

It hurts a few on hear to know the truth but it will help you in the long term

Still talking bollocks, I see.

McInnes was explicit in his condemnation of his players : they got beat at home by Rangers so they should not have been out. Period.

That is what he said.

The rest of your post is just attention seeking bollocks. 

10 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Any news from the Mr Vidication organised soiree/shindig/natter they were meant to be having with all the premiershit managers & captains? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53729683

"Harsh lessons have been learned by Aberdeen that will have been heeded by the rest of Scottish football and that message was made clear to Professor Leitch," said SFA president Rod Petrie.

8 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

No, the area was unaware at the time that there was an outbreak, but the previous poster suggested that players could go out and do the same if there was no punishment.’why would they want to do that?

It was an extremely unfortunate collusion events that caught the players out.

As the St Johnstone chief said, “it’s time to wake up and smell the coffee, we’re living in a pandemic and need to adjust accordingly”

Society had become too complacent and this event reminds us all how careful we need to be

But presumably adjusting the leagues was a step too far for them.

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

Celtic to shut down Scottish fitba'!

Oh, the poetic irony.

:jjyay:

I think I’d end up soaking myself. Don’t think there is any better scenario

Edited by 1971fozzy

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53729683

"Harsh lessons have been learned by Aberdeen that will have been heeded by the rest of Scottish football and that message was made clear to Professor Leitch," said SFA president Rod Petrie.

Wow! That shower of *******s take bullshit announcements to a whole new level. Himmler would have been in awe of their propaganda machine. 

16 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

of course it’s a breach.

As far as I understand it Hickey’s been to Italy and Germany and neither country has a 14 day quarantine period.

👍

Makes sense.

Toxteth O'Grady
9 minutes ago, Barack said:

Oh, the poetic irony.

Could be the final straw - would be funny right enough

18 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

the sun and record are both reporting it. he had a holiday in spain came back just before the killie game didn't quarantine and played v killie

No doubt Donkey & Co will decide original game "null & void" with game to be replayed to give Ceptic the chance to pick up the 3 points they deserved.:whistling:

Part of me thinks, I hope the story is true due to club involved, but in terms of getting back inside Tynecastle to see HMFC, I fear this could be a set back too far!!

Lennon must be enjoying the start to the season. Griffiths comes back 2 stone overweight, having been on social media all through the break, including making fun of aforementioned Lennon & then after warning him to keep off, his girlfriend posts loads of pictures of her party which (appears) did not meet 3 household/social distancing guideline.

Now Bollingoli has a nice wee holiday in Spain & plays at Killie on his return instead of watching at home on Sky.

Not forgetting the 2 points dropped........anyone know the "rules" for fielding an "ineligible" player?:lol:

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Then along come Celtic and blow the ****er out the water.

:lol:

Oh dear, what a shame, never mind.

I strongly suspect that Scottish Football is about to self destruct due to being completely incompetent.

It will be interesting to see if the SG take this out of their hands and shuts them down as it seems blatantly obvious that they are incapable of running their business within the "protocols" agreed with the SG to enable our "national Game" be played during this pandemic.

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Bolingoli thought it would be nice to have a jaunt to Spain. Didn't tell Celtic, then played against Killie without mandatory 14 days quarantine. Apparently. 

Thus, making him an ineligible player.

You have to think Celtic would have noticed that he was missing from training

Edited by 7628mm

jamboinglasgow

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-premiership/5913371/coronavirus-scotland-government-pause-football-bolingoli-aberdeen-breaches/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1597096579

The Sun now quoting a Scottish government spokesman saying that they may have to shut things down after reviewing this breach.

Still cant understand how Boli had 4 days off. This obviously happened in the last 2 weeks, when were Celtic giving players that much time?

Guest ToqueJambo
48 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

They're having their "How can we blame this on Hearts" meeting as we speak.

Just now, 7628mm said:

Oh dear, what a shame, never mind.

I strongly suspect that Scottish Football is about to self destruct due to being completely incompetent.

It will be interesting to see if the SG take this out of their hands and shuts them down as it seems blatantly obvious that they are incapable of running their business within the "protocols" agreed with the SG to enable our "national Game" be played during this pandemic.

It was incompetent and short sighted to take no action against Aberdeen for such a serious breach as it now makes it difficult to take any action against Celtic for another serious breach.   Govt must be dismayed to say the least.  Special dispensation for a sport that thinks its above the law of the land and just incapable of governing itself. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-premiership/5913371/coronavirus-scotland-government-pause-football-bolingoli-aberdeen-breaches/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1597096579

The Sun now quoting a Scottish government spokesman saying that they may have to shut things down after reviewing this breach.

Still cant understand how Boli had 4 days off. This obviously happened in the last 2 weeks, when were Celtic giving players that much time?

It’s a strange one. 
Hate to be a spoilsport but aren’t “elite athletes” allowed to come in and not isolate, like the Madrid team who played Man City on Friday? 

NaturalOrder74
9 minutes ago, Barack said:

Bolingoli thought it would be nice to have a jaunt to Spain. Didn't tell Celtic, then played against Killie without mandatory 14 days quarantine. Apparently. 

Thus, making him an ineligible player.

did we not get a point deduction for playing an ineligible player in the league up a couple of years back ? I’m getting angry already knowing this will get swept away 

I look forward to Celtic being punished for fielding an ineligible player and Killie being awarded all 3 points from yesterday... 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Gmcjambo said:

It was incompetent and short sighted to take no action against Aberdeen for such a serious breach as it now makes it difficult to take any action against Celtic for another serious breach.   Govt must be dismayed to say the least.  Special dispensation for a sport that thinks its above the law of the land and just incapable of governing itself. 

UEFA will be taking note of all this. Europa League and CL games coming up for Aberdeen and Celtic. Be a shame if they got thrown out.

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s a strange one. 
Hate to be a spoilsport but aren’t “elite athletes” allowed to come in and not isolate, like the Madrid team who played Man City on Friday? 

The elite athletes thing is certainly what is down in England. I dont know if it is seen as different in Scotland. Though it may be that it is on the understanding that teams from at risk areas are fine as long as they follow all protocols required. A player going for a jaunt to Spain and back I can imagine is not following protocols. 

All these pricks breaking quarantine seem to be quick to say “but I tested negative” like that softens the blow.  That’s like saying “I drove at 150mph through a school playground, but I didn’t hit anybody in the end”.

ToadKiller Dog
1 minute ago, gashauskis9 said:

I look forward to Celtic being punished for fielding an ineligible player and Killie being awarded all 3 points from yesterday... 

Wrong way round you will look on in disbelief as kilmarnock are punished for not checking the celtic team as they arrived and Celtic awarded all 3 points .

In all seriously the Scots Gov needs to make a point here ,shut the league down until october .

3 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

that is the very least that should happen. bet instead the spfl do nothing.

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

2 point deduction and £10k fine.

That covers the ineligible player, get that done straight away. 

Next we address the breach of the quarantine laws. ScotGov has to act if the governing bodies are too scared and incompetent to do so.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

Just now, ToadKiller Dog said:

Wrong way round you will look on in disbelief as kilmarnock are punished for not checking the celtic team as they arrived and Celtic awarded all 3 points .

In all seriously the Scots Gov needs to make a point here ,shut the league down until october .

Or follow their precedent and award Hibs the title 😂

Pasquale for King
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

The elite athletes thing is certainly what is down in England. I dont know if it is seen as different in Scotland. Though it may be that it is on the understanding that teams from at risk areas are fine as long as they follow all protocols required. A player going for a jaunt to Spain and back I can imagine is not following protocols. 

It’s a good point, I can’t face looking at those guidelines again to see 🙈. Let’s hope he gets them into big trouble. 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s a strange one. 

Not on their hols surely.

Plus the idea that no-one at Celtic knew where he was going is riseable. They're no doubt going to blame the change in quarantine rules for Spain-Scotland at end July on causing confusion and they'll say if they knew he was off to Spain they'd not have let him go... Since when do players go on secret 4 day foreign holidays in between matches?

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

That would be hilarious.

This is far worse than the Aberdeen fiasco, but the column inches from the Glasgow rags won’t be consistent with that.  

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, gashauskis9 said:

Or follow their precedent and award Hibs the title 😂

Aberdeen relegated on PPG? Only fair.

10 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

And we still don't know if Rangers had a breach too (rumoured 9 results not back) just that the SFA were happy with excuses.

3 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Their wee pal in the US who does the fixture list on his computer will be shitting himself.  

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Aberdeen relegated on PPG? Only fair.

Absolutely.  It’s a global pandemic, out of our control.

Guest ToqueJambo
44 minutes ago, Barack said:

Oh, the poetic irony.

"In 2023 after four attempts Celtic won a famous 10 in a row"