Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

19 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Joe Fitzpatrick didnt even hide it at Holyrood today wearing a green tie whilst begging UK gov for money to bail out Scottish football i.e.sellik 

I see sellik are starting the postpone the old firm game in October at darkheid patter - they dont want to lose the money then play Rangers at a full Ibrox plus it will be a level playing field withoot their scummy fans - lets see what donkey comes up with

Where are they talking about postponing the game?

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

Postpone the game do they can get crowds later 😂 there are not going to be any crowds (of any materiality)  in season 20/21. How much of a moron would you have to be to still think this is possible? 

17 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

To be fare..........Dungcaster appears more efficient than Dullard Tramp!

I am not sure.  The case of who is least worse.  A bit like the US Election (another thread).  

Bazzas right boot
39 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

The Championship starts on the 17th October. If you can't afford to play in it then you're bust, **** off and let clubs who can field teams play.

Should be the answer. 

Should have been the answer in August tho and they bowed to the tin pot outfits and gave them extra time. 

2 minutes ago, LMc said:

They got no chance. If the Gov bail out football then they need to do same for cricket,rugby, ice hockey  and so on. Basically any sport where people pay to watch it . The Sfa had their chance. They could have said this current season was cancelled and advised all clubs to article 12 the players and wait till we got the all clear and then returned to normal. They bought Hampden with someone else's money. Sell it for a tidy prophet and use the money to safeguard clubs for next 12 months . 

If fans were let back in, they would be limited in number. The idea of a full house is nuts, regardless of being outside.

My point is that BCD or limited fans makes little financial difference.

But no one seems to bring that up.

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Postpone the game do they can get crowds later 😂 there are not going to be any crowds (of any materiality)  in season 20/21. How much of a moron would you have to be to still think this is possible? 

Exactly.  But don't worry though because this scenario was always a real possibility which means our governing body has plans and contingincies.  No need for clubs to panic 😳

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Paolo said:

My point still stands.  Indeed more so 

Looking at current exchange rate. 

US President Salary: £313,172

Neil Doncaster’s Salary: £400,000

:lol:

:facepalm:

:cornette:

Talking of salaries this can’t be right surely?

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1214594/Neil-Lennon-salary-net-worth-Celtic-Rangers-news

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, adambraejambo said:

They got no chance. If the Gov bail out football then they need to do same for cricket,rugby, ice hockey  and so on. Basically any sport where people pay to watch it . The Sfa had their chance. They could have said this current season was cancelled and advised all clubs to article 12 the players and wait till we got the all clear and then returned to normal. They bought Hampden with someone else's money. Sell it for a tidy prophet and use the money to safeguard clubs for next 12 months . 

I started my only thread in May, the U.K. government gave Rugby League a £16m loan because of the effect on the community if they folded. They’ve set themselves up for other sports to ask for the same treatment. Whether it’s right or not is another thing. 

Hagar the Horrible

The game in Scotland depends on ticket revenue far more than the vast majority of professional leagues across Europe. We usually see over five million supporters per season attending Scottish league matches - with 43% of all revenue generated via gate receipts.

My answer this statement from the SFA and to the SPFL is ....stop treating us like shit then, we are not here to serve you or Celtic!

Neil Doncaster, CEO of the SPFL, commented: “We are engaging with the Scottish Government to underline the existential threat to many of our clubs, and to the huge community, economic and sporting benefits they deliver, if this grave situation continues without meaningful public financial support. We therefore welcome the intervention of the Scottish Government in seeking urgent discussions with the UK Government about a package of financial recovery for Scottish sport.”

Well Neil perhaps if you were not totally incompetent, you would have had a sponsor and a better TV deal and the wherewithall to ensure that money would help all clubs,  NOT JUST CELTIC!  Westminster will say its a devolved issue, Nicola wont give a penny and why should anybody when using Bale as an example, 1 weeks wages could run the whole of the Scottish League 1 for a year

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, LMc said:

The government should be telling them to mitigate damage and look after it's members and that it won't help teams with an average of £1m salary a year while the economy collapses. 

****ing arseholes the lot of them

This was coming, they sat back and done **** all to help, they dumped all the shite on 4/5 clubs and thought we could move on. 

Utter cretinous cock wombles with less Intelligence than a dog who sniffs arses and chases it's own tail. 

Absolute ****ing tubes. 

They should be held responsible for all the shite that goes wrong and hopefully folk don't fall for their excuses and blame the government. 

That Doncaster blames every ***** but himself, takes no responsibility for **** all. 

It's the rules.... 

The majority... 

The clubs voted for it... 

Covid- it's not our fault , government please help... 

Take some responsibility you ****ing ****. 

****ing complete dick with his moustached halfwit not far behind him. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

50 minutes ago, LMc said:

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Burn baby Burn.  Wished financial ruin on us and Partick etc and didn’t bat a feking eyelid.

the SG had better tell them to bolt

manaliveits105

Return of fans as soon as possible

hahahaha

Dempster looking for another financial disaster to be added to her cv

Sturgeon will eat her alive :oohmatron:

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

She and the others are deluded. They aren’t going to make a difference. Get it up the lot of them 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

This 

33 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

The game in Scotland depends on ticket revenue far more than the vast majority of professional leagues across Europe. We usually see over five million supporters per season attending Scottish league matches - with 43% of all revenue generated via gate receipts.

My answer this statement from the SFA and to the SPFL is ....stop treating us like shit then, we are not here to serve you or Celtic!

Neil Doncaster, CEO of the SPFL, commented: “We are engaging with the Scottish Government to underline the existential threat to many of our clubs, and to the huge community, economic and sporting benefits they deliver, if this grave situation continues without meaningful public financial support. We therefore welcome the intervention of the Scottish Government in seeking urgent discussions with the UK Government about a package of financial recovery for Scottish sport.”

Well Neil perhaps if you were not totally incompetent, you would have had a sponsor and a better TV deal and the wherewithall to ensure that money would help all clubs,  NOT JUST CELTIC!  Westminster will say its a devolved issue, Nicola wont give a penny and why should anybody when using Bale as an example, 1 weeks wages could run the whole of the Scottish League 1 for a year

I  wonder what % of this revenue is lost during a normal season to matchday costs like policing, stewards, staffing etc, would be interesting to see what the real loss would be when these costs are weighed up against the 43%.

I hope there’s no fans allowed back inside stadia for the full season ahead. I’m happy to stay at home knowing we have the most generous fans in Scotland, the FOH and our benefactors. Let them all burn down. I will enjoy watching them squirm and hopefully go to the wall. Reap what you sow muthafukkkkers! 

Edited by Saughton Jambo

What a tragic state of affairs 😁 now don’t gulp at the spoon ! There’s plenty medicine to go round you all,   yes right round you all I say. 😉

Guest ToqueJambo
22 minutes ago, farin said:

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster said: “We are engaging with the Scottish Government to underline the existential threat to many of our clubs, and to the huge community, economic and sporting benefits they deliver, if this grave situation continues without meaningful public financial support. We therefore welcome the intervention of the Scottish Government in seeking urgent discussions with the UK Government about a package of financial recovery for Scottish sport. 

What the ****! 

He admits an "existential threat to many of our clubs" yet was more than happy to facilitate the unfair demotion of 3 clubs and block the potential promotion of others, thus increasing the threat to those clubs in a very deliberate and unnecessary fashion.

He and the other clubs were more than happy - they actually have laughed about it and continue to do so through official social media accounts -  to deprive those clubs of the "huge community, economic and sporting benefits they deliver" so their own clubs could avoid relegation, gain promotion and get in to Europe.

**** them all. **** them right ****itty ****itty off.

Who's squealing like pigs now eh?

Edited by ToqueJambo

I think a few of them have over spent thinking that the authorities would relent with allowing fans into the grounds. You can smell the fear churning through quite a few now. I hope they crash and burn.

2 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Can we get the FOH to send wreaths on our behalf to those self serving c**ts When the time comes 😏

Great idea that's my kind of thinking

Neil Dongcaster

People need to realise that Hearts aren’t immune to what is going on.

FOH doesn’t cover anywhere near our wage bill and if they mothball the league it will be catastrophic for us. 

4 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Can we get the FOH to send wreaths on our behalf to those self serving c**ts When the time comes 😏

Oh that would be delicious :sweeet:

10 hours ago, Jammy T said:

I wonder if, to protect our squad, our benefactor will offer to pay for testing for our opponents in the week before playing them - no doubt that offer would be rejected just in case any of the players had to drop out. That's the way it works in Scotland.

We need to be careful, not aimed at you in particular but we're in danger of taking Anderson for granted a bit I think.

He's not Hearts, he's Norwich City. But he's rich, Edinburgh based and into community philanthropy. He clearly likes Ann and her approach to our place in  the community so we have his goodwill, but it can't be relied on or expected in the same way as it could if you or I had millions to play with.

17 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I hope there’s no fans allowed back inside stadia for the full season ahead. I’m happy to stay at home knowing we have the most generous fans in Scotland, the FOH and our benefactors. Let them all burn down. I will enjoy watching them squirm and hopefully go to the wall. Reap what you sow muthafukkkkers! 

bang on 👍.  

19 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

X7rj6TQ.gif

Geoff Kilpatrick
10 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

FOH doesn’t cover anywhere near our wage bill and if they mothball the league it will be catastrophic for us. 

No one is saying we aren't immune but if Scottish football were wildebeest in the Serengetti being pursued by a hungry lioness, we are far from the back of the pack. All we need to do is to run faster than a lot of the diddies.

2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

isn't he or at least a bank he invests in/holds shares in being investigated for money laundering

Something like that. I thought it was tax dodging in France but not sure if its still ongoing.

Seymour M Hersh
36 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Return of fans as soon as possible

hahahaha

Dempster looking for another financial disaster to be added to her cv

Sturgeon will eat her alive :oohmatron:

And love every minute of it.

Guest ToqueJambo
20 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

It'll be catastrophic for clubs without something like FoH or some other source of revenue, and especially clubs with small fan bases, not just to cover some bills during shutdown but to restart as quickly as possible.

Clubs with large supports will probably see their fans more than likely step up as ours did during our previous big crisis and have done again through this. Whether they do it to the extent FoH did remains to be seen.

Mothballing means not operating. I think we'd be able to cover what needs covering. Obviously, like almost every other club there would be mass redundancies, including of players, as costs are reduced to the absolute minimum. We'd no doubt put paying rent at Riccarton on pause and with virtually no day to day operating costs we should survive. Others with debt or already in tricky financial circumstances will be very vulnerable. 

The thing that must not happen is that we are forced to mothball while Premiership clubs get financial support to continue playing. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

21 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

I think the club has already said it would be severe, but we’d survive. I could be wrong though.

Dennis Reynolds
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Mothballing means not operating. I think we'd be able to cover what needs covering. Obviously, like almost every other club there would be mass redundancies, including of players, as costs are reduced to the absolute minimum. We'd no doubt put paying rent at Riccarton on pause and with virtually no day to day operating costs we should survive. Others with debt or already in tricky financial circumstances will be very vulnerable. 

I think your being overly optimistic tbh. I do agree that we'll be a lot more shielded from issues than other clubs though.

I don't believe it would be our choice to pause rent at Riccarton and I doubt they would agree to it. Operating costs would also still be there. Bills still need to be paid. Stadium upkeep, even if it's not being used, is still needed. Making people redundant costs money etc etc.