Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

Just now, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

How so?

Because when the SPFL was formed ( the top and other leagues joined together again ) it was on the basis of tv money cascading down through all the clubs. 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

1 minute ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

daft question Number 1?  Why not?  If they vote for it, and if they force the lower leagues to mothball via the SFA/JRG

I think they will at worst vote for no promotion, but I just dont trust them one iota!

It would a vote of all the leagues, I reckon, like restructuring. However, I don’t trust them either. 

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

If I was the government I would be asking why we should bail out a business where we can pay the Chief Exec £400k per annum. 

Top post.

This news of a crisis meeting is absolute music to my ears.  It's not even just music.  It's the Three Tenors at their absolute best.

Would they actually have the temerity to ask the Scottish or UK governments, aka taxpayers, for money to bail out just 12 of their member clubs?

I think they would you know.

Enjoy your crisis meeting you bunch of utter charlatans.

https://news.stv.tv/sport/crisis-talks-to-be-held-between-clubs-and-football-authorities?top

Crisis talks will take place between the football governing bodies and and lower league clubs on Friday. following fresh fears over the future of the game, STV has learned.

The talks follow the Scottish Government announcement that the phased return of fans to stadia is likely to be delayed further due to the rise in coronavirus cases.

The delay comes as a huge blow to clubs, who had hoped some paying supporters would be back when the Championship, League One and League Two begin their shortened season in October.

The loss of matchday revenue is one that many clubs will struggle to sustain, with fears that some will go out of business altogether.

The Scottish FA and Scottish Professional Football League’s Joint Response Group is to hold talks with clubs from each league to discuss a way forward and hear what position each club is in.

The group’s representatives, who will include SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster and Scottish FA counterpart Ian Maxwell, will also update clubs after a request was made for a financial bailout from government.

2 hours ago, Rods said:

I have my concerns on what these idiots at the SPFL and the SFA come up with regarding the lower leagues 

I think the lower two leagues could be mothballed tbh . 

I'm pretty sure the Championship will go ahead with any teams that can't play demoted and teams from the lower leagues brought in . 

4 minutes ago, ramrod said:

I'm pretty sure the Championship will go ahead with any teams that can't play demoted and teams from the lower leagues brought in . 

Seems far too sensible to me. Expect something utterly stupid instead.

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

If that fat turd gnashes his teeth they will will end up in his feckin dinner.

Thanks for that Jonno.  My memory lets me down.  I'd obviously remembered that Lennon was a horrible turd but I'd completely forgotten that he's obese now.

Authorities have to apply the rules in place, if any club cannot start the season. No special rules to be created. **** them all.

I'll celebrate each club going bankrupt like its a Hearts victory.

highlandjambo3

Championship and lower leagues all canned from tomorrow.......nap........and the donkeys in charge will take no blame as the decision will be put on the clubs to vote........SHAMBLES is getting worse.

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not sure if this is final. Yesterday it seemed Scottish Government was waiting on UK Government who seem to be saying 'No' today to support for 'elite' sport.

Well done, Nigel! Tell those oiks to bugger off. 

15 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Authorities have to apply the rules in place, if any club cannot start the season. No special rules to be created. **** them all.

I'll celebrate each club going bankrupt like its a Hearts victory.

Popcorn time. I have a feeling that at least a couple in the Premiership are toiling. It will be a domino effect. You can sense the panic that’s going on.

9 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Championship and lower leagues all canned from tomorrow.......nap........and the donkeys in charge will take no blame as the decision will be put on the clubs to vote........SHAMBLES is getting worse.

Like I say I think the Championship will get the go ahead . 

There should definitely be  10 plus teams  from the lower leagues who want to play . 

In saying that , its Scottish football and we rarely apply logic to anything, usually bitterness and pettyness prevails. 

5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Good idea, but that rubber faced wank only cares about the 'top' division and the rest can sing. 

Let's hope a few in that division are also fecked.

I fear the game's a bogey. 

he doesn't even care about the 'top' division only celtic and a bit rangers

3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Like I say I think the Championship will get the go ahead . 

There should definitely be  10 plus teams  from the lower leagues who want to play . 

In saying that , its Scottish football and we rarely apply logic to anything, usually bitterness and pettyness prevails. 

If anybody at the SPFL had an ounce of common sense then every club would have been asked to commit to be able to play no matter what.  Clubs that could not commit would have been allowed to mothball. Those that were left would have been formed into a league or leagues depending on numbers. I have a feeling that there was a good possibility only about sixteen teams might have been able to commit to being able to play.  That should have made things easy for even these complete idiots to organise. No doubt though the usual amount of greed and malice would have come into play.

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:
Scottish Premiership in £50m lifeline blow as Tory minister tells elite football 'you’re on your own' https://bit.ly/363wgMn

they should be told to ram it as celtic have spent around £10M on uying players this summer, rangers around £6M, hibs however much they spent on nisbet. it is like say banks or airlines awarding huge bonuses to executives then going crying to the government wanting a bailout.

There should be no imunity from points deduction for any team in any league who go into Administration. All clubs had the chance to state they would not be able to survive in specified scenarios. They have shut up and kept quiet whilst voting against reconstruction. 

Teams able to complete the season must be realligned for the following season to replace those dropping out.

Edited by stuart500

I would rather perform open heart surgery on myself with a chainsaw than see one penny of public money given to football,  Scotland or England.    It cannot ever happen.

22 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Good idea, but that rubber faced wank only cares about the 'top' division and the rest can sing. 

Let's hope a few in that division are also fecked.

I fear the game's a bogey. 

Let’s hope more than a few go.... and I use the vernacular....’oot the gemme!’

13 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I would rather perform open heart surgery on myself with a chainsaw than see one penny of public money given to football,  Scotland or England.    It cannot ever happen.

It would be absolutely scandalous to use taxpayers' money to bail out Scottish football. 

Every club has a contractual obligation to play their designated fixtures. If they fail to do that they must suffer the consequences. 

No help. No sympathy.

Just TYM. 

This has got all the ingredients to be absolutely fantastic.  All the smugness of taking the money and expelling Partick and Hearts has transformed itself into a crisis meeting.

I couldn't be happier.  Yes I could.  If Hearts and Partick were invited as observers.

Maybe Peter will give another rousing speech and all will be ok.

And Neil, the “very capable guy”, will ask them all to put in a paper with solutions to the problems, so that he can arrange a wee vote. After all, he’s only there to push through the wishes of the clubs.

24 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

It would be absolutely scandalous to use taxpayers' money to bail out Scottish football. 

Every club has a contractual obligation to play their designated fixtures. If they fail to do that they must suffer the consequences. 

No help. No sympathy.

Just TYM. 

This.

As long as there is a club in a league that is ready to start in October as planned then the league must start and finish. Clubs that cannot fulfill fixtures must be sanctioned accordingly.

Oh and definitely no manufacturing teams up or down to create a ten team Championship. If it ends up with only us, Scumdee and Dunfermline in it then so be it.

2 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Are all the clubs in the Championship full time professional, or some part time teams in there?

Pretty sure some are part time.

Just now, Beast Boy said:

Pretty sure some are part time.

I thought that could be the case. Not gonna work then, I think. Might as well mothball the season for lower leagues. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Are all the clubs in the Championship full time professional, or some part time teams in there?

Alloa and Arbroath are part-time.

2 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

I thought that could be the case. Not gonna work then, I think. Might as well mothball the season for lower leagues. 

Alloa and Arbroath part time in The Championship. Everyone else full time.

Can see them voting for no football until fans are allowed back which probably wont happen this season meaning there will be no football beyond the top flight. They will be quite happy to protect teams like Alloa and at the same time stuff us to extinction

Edited by maroonsgotop

2 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

Alloa and Arbroath part time in The Championship. Everyone else full time.

If they can’t commit to seeing out the season no matter what they should be replaced by Patrick and Falkirk.

2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

If they can’t commit to seeing out the season no matter what they should be replaced by Patrick and Falkirk.

Don't agree.

Better to not replace Alloa and Arbroath as including Partick and Falkirk provides extra needless competition to us fro two full time teams.

The SPFL think they willl get money when the whole country is going tits up 🤣😂🤣  have they no shame ? Buying players and they want money ? 
Think the SG have more pressing causes to spend borrowed money on than the rats that never gave a shit about anyone apart from themselves. 
Burn

2 hours ago, ramrod said:

Nice thought, but how would you decide which lower league teams would be brought in ?

And who says they would want brought in, given that they would be compelled to play their games with no gate money coming in ?

I think those hoping for clubs to go bust aren't grasping how precariously our season hangs in the balance.

If the lower leagues are knocked on the head that'll almost certainly include the championship.  So we'll not play and face probably an extra year as a championship club.

3 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I think those hoping for clubs to go bust aren't grasping how precariously our season hangs in the balance.

If the lower leagues are knocked on the head that'll almost certainly include the championship.  So we'll not play and face probably an extra year as a championship club.

yup

I would be surprised if first Old Firm game goes ahead,whether it’s police advice or pressure from Celtic who were desperate for fans for this fixture.

Probably already been mentioned on the thread but the fact that the Championship has a broadcast deal will probably ensure that the 2nd tier is played (in some form). Due to the BBC money being added into the overall TV/Prize Pot it would actually be the top tier that would lose out on the majority of cash (and the SPFL would likely be in breach of contract as well). If there is any danger to the top flight feeding trough then you can be sure the “capable guy” will pull out all the stops...

They can’t mothball the championship till at least first week of November. Even the SPFL/SFA/JRG couldn’t be that stupid to mothball our league now and then expect us to play a Scottish cup semi final at the end of October without us having played any football...

I can see the start of the Championship being delayed until January with only two rounds of fixtures (18 games).  Leagues 1 & 2 could be mothballed.

32 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Nice thought, but how would you decide which lower league teams would be brought in ?

And who says they would want brought in, given that they would be compelled to play their games with no gate money coming in ?

I would think  it  would be  done on last years league positions . 

The clubs relegated getting the option of reinstating. 

Im sure there would be a few lower league clubs desperate to play regardless of crowds being in stadiums. 

Celtic is ahead on a PPG basis in the Premiership, so I'm sure that they will be in favour of the league being declared now and them having won 10 in a row.

4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I can see the start of the Championship being delayed until January with only two rounds of fixtures (18 games).  Leagues 1 & 2 could be mothballed.

Pretty pointless as there is zero chance of fans being in stadiums this season tbh 

5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not sure if this is final. Yesterday it seemed Scottish Government was waiting on UK Government who seem to be saying 'No' today to support for 'elite' sport.

Good

:jjyay:

5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Celtic is ahead on a PPG basis in the Premiership, so I'm sure that they will be in favour of the league being declared now and them having won 10 in a row.

Wouldn't it be fantastic if that happened.  The circumstances behind it are tragic of course but Celtic being declared champions after just a few weeks would be superb.

Why settle for being a laughing stock when you can be a international embarrassment.

Dick Campbell was interviewed on TV last night and he said Arbroath could see the season out with no fans but it would be a struggle to go any further than one season with no fans.

Seymour M Hersh
10 minutes ago, Blackshades said:

Dick Campbell was interviewed on TV last night and he said Arbroath could see the season out with no fans but it would be a struggle to go any further than one season with no fans.

That makes some sense to me as the smallest clubs will also incur the least costs and mothballing will not be nearly as onerous as it would be to Dundee, Raith and even us.