Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

4 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I wonder if, to protect our squad, our benefactor will offer to pay for testing for our opponents in the week before playing them - no doubt that offer would be rejected just in case any of the players had to drop out. That's the way it works in Scotland.

I for one will never understand.

Other than Hibs, I simply dont understand why most of Scottish football would want to cause such damage to the 3rd most important club in Scotland financially (if you think about for example the amount of away fans we take and do appear to genuinely generate interest for Sky when you look at viewing figures for our games)

Why?

Pure unadulterated vindictiveness by most in the Premiership and salacious greed by those in the Championship who voted for our expulsion. Quite simple. 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

Chaos only benefits us if the top flight teams are involved. I get the feeling they will be protected by the cabal. The votes are going to be interesting just have to hope we get the numbers to play the season out. 

13 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I wonder if, to protect our squad, our benefactor will offer to pay for testing for our opponents in the week before playing them - no doubt that offer would be rejected just in case any of the players had to drop out. That's the way it works in Scotland.

Other than Hibs, I simply dont understand why most of Scottish football would want to cause such damage to the 3rd most important club in Scotland financially (if you think about for example the amount of away fans we take and do appear to genuinely generate interest for Sky when you look at viewing figures for our games)

Why?

Jealousy, vindictiveness, self interest and a hint of misogyny.

Welcome to Scottish football.

1 hour ago, Whatever said:

I mean it was pretty ****in obvious how this was going to play out. It was said on here often enough. 2 years in the Championship at a minimum.

Scottish football in voting to demote us, voted to attempt to kill us.

I for one will never forget.

Indeed. However posters on here will attempt to whittle away at that over the coming weeks and months and start bleating about our relationship with other clubs and other supine platitudes. Reaching out and building bridges etc... GTF!

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Indeed. However posters on here will attempt to whittle away at that over the coming weeks and months and start bleating about our relationship with other clubs and other supine platitudes. Reaching out and building bridges etc... GTF!

I think most understand that the club has to be professional and keep some sort of relationship with other clubs, but as fans we can hope as many clubs die as possible and not give a penny to anyone but Hearts. 

The club can't and won't act like that, if anything I think the fact we have acted in such a way as a club it pisses other clubs off. 

The media and other clubs would love to say big bad Hearts etc and say we are being two faced, selfish and petty. 

They can't. 

30 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Glad though I am it did I can't understand it. Surely the manager has been in contact with all of em, albeit outside probably. Odd

Not sure if England is same but in the SPFL it is still about the 2 metre, 15 minute rule, which is exempt on the playing and training pitch.

GPS tracks and traces within the grounds what the players are doing.

Even a man marked player should manage being outside of that restriction.

I'm assuming track and trace don't consider the WHU positive cases to be an issue, for now.

Edited by DETTY29

29 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Why?

We have been made the kick-hound for all the problems in Scottish football, because the media are to scared of, or support the two clubs who are responsible for them. It is easier to paint the third biggest club as the pantomime villain instead. In general, those who are thick enough to buy and read Scottish media red tops, will happily believe that we are the bad guys.

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I think most understand that the club has to be professional and keep some sort of relationship with other clubs, but as fans we can hope as many clubs die as possible and not give a penny to anyone but Hearts. 

The club can't and won't act like that, if anything I think the fact we have acted in such a way as a club it pisses other clubs off. 

The media and other clubs would love to say big bad Hearts etc and say we are being two faced, selfish and petty. 

They can't. 

Aye but Ubers annat, eh? Race to be most offended likesay.

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Pure unadulterated vindictiveness by most in the Premiership and salacious greed by those in the Championship who voted for our expulsion. Quite simple. 

Maybe, but I think it's just plain selfishness and short sightedness. 

The reasons why some clubs voted the way they did was startling, really showed that Scottish football is far from professional. 

The selfishness to get the sky money and protect the prize money for this season was startling. 

The ease in which not only us but cove and Borough got ****ed over was ridiculous added to the fact that the play offs got scrapped and there was virtually no attempt to finish the season really shown everyone up. 

The short sightedness in thinking this would be done by October was also a head scratcher. 

The lack of leadership and foresight is also still apparent. 

I hope clubs get ****ed, proper ****ed. 

1 hour ago, The White Cockade said:

Sad times 

People really want a load of clubs to disappear?

Could be us but even if not what kind of league would we be left playing in 

Get a grip 

This could be the end of professional football in Scotland and we’d go down with it

This is a time to leave squabbles behind and all work together which yes should have happened 6 months ago but must happen now

Jesus Christ... how many times do we need to be absolutely ****ing shafted by these pricks, before people like you deign it appropriate to treat the ****ers like the rats that they are. You would think that after months of being kicked in the ***** and laughed at in the process, you might have opened your eyes. :lol:

There really is no hope for some people. It's not so much Stockholm Syndrom as sadomasochism.

47 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I used to think like that, but not any more, there will always be a top flight to play in in Scotland because Rangers and Celtic get looked after with special treatment, of that you can be assured, and Hearts will be there to be part of it if and when it does all go tits up. It's madness to even consider letting fans back into games right now, and we're now approaching the critical point for clubs where furlough ends, and crowds can't come along, and all those tinpot little outfits that shafted us over will be the first to suffer, and rightly so, we may lose one or two top flight clubs, but sadly, I doubt it. 

Indeed. The attitude some people are adopting reminds me of Jack Nicholson as the President in the Mars Attacks remake. Still trying to reach out and be friends whilst the enemy are vaporising everything around us. Get tae ****, arm ourselves to the teeth, and get in the bunker, I say.

1 hour ago, Gmcjambo said:

One things for sure and that is Budge will have budgeted for no fans this year (think she said as much) but she will also have planned for the scenario of no fans for the season.   Different views about her on here but her strength is running a business and we're fortunate in that respect - most other clubs will be sticking their heads in the sand and hoping for the best,  she will be planned and prepared even if it is painful.

agree with this - feel comfortable of our survival with Anne & her contacts around.

alicante jambo
1 hour ago, Beast Boy said:

Indeed. The attitude some people are adopting reminds me of Jack Nicholson as the President in the Mars Attacks remake. Still trying to reach out and be friends whilst the enemy are vaporising everything around us. Get tae ****, arm ourselves to the teeth, and get in the bunker, I say.

Well said. 

alicante jambo
2 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

Jesus Christ... how many times do we need to be absolutely ****ing shafted by these pricks, before people like you deign it appropriate to treat the ****ers like the rats that they are. You would think that after months of being kicked in the ***** and laughed at in the process, you might have opened your eyes. :lol:

There really is no hope for some people. It's not so much Stockholm Syndrom as sadomasochism.

Again well said. Its like being beaten ip by the bully and still wanting to be his pal. Pick up the big stick and fight back. No more palsy walsy shit.

34 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Votes?

If teams can complete the season without fans. 

I would prefer some premier league clubs to be in trouble but some smaller clubs will do for the moment.

Edited by Rods

2 hours ago, Gmcjambo said:

I'm all for a bit of karma but we are in a very perilous situation though and we need to be 'careful what we wish for' .  It's entirely possible that any resources or meaningful support simply go to the SPL clubs to keep the top division going and we're cast further adrift.    This is the worst possible time to be outside of the SPL.      It may well be the only division that completes the season, therefore no promotion or relegation and the financial impacts on us vs SPL clubs will become critical for us.   We're in a perilous situation in the Championship. 

Fully agree. We need this league to start and finish. We are no longer a Premier League club and have little power or influence. There could easily be a vote in the Championship to mothball the season and we could lose out. 

Doncaster should be asking all of the clubs, from the Championship down, who can start playing their league games by the agreed start date. Those who can't, should be told that, although this is understandable, they'll need to be "adjusted" down the divisions and replaced by clubs who can give an assurance that they are ready to go. 

If this results in a slightly smaller or bigger Championship for this season, then the new fixtures, that would need to be generated, can cope with that by the number of times clubs play each other.

What we can't have, and Hearts and others should be banging the table about this, is clubs thinking they can mothball and be guaranteed of preserving their current division status, at the expense of other clubs who need to get playing to maintain their business interests and ambitions.

This selfishness and tinpot professionalism, which ruled the roost during the spring and summer, cannot be allowed to continue and permanently damage clubs like Hearts, Partick Thistle and Falkirk.

Where is Doncaster anyway? What is he doing to justify his obscene salary other than scrambling about trying to shore up and protect the Premiership? If some of these clubs who cowed to him and his puppet master, previously, can't see he doesn't give a hoot about them by now, they deserve the fate that is looming large.

3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Doncaster should be asking all of the clubs, from the Championship down, who can start playing their league games by the agreed start date. Those who can't, should be told that, although this is understandable, they'll need to be "adjusted" down the divisions and replaced by clubs who can give an assurance that they are ready to go. 

If this results in a slightly smaller or bigger Championship for this season, then the new fixtures, that would need to be generated, can cope with that by the number of times clubs play each other.

What we can't have, and Hearts and others should be banging the table about this, is clubs thinking they can mothball and be guaranteed of preserving their current division status, at the expense of other clubs who need to get playing to maintain their business interests and ambitions.

This selfishness and tinpot professionalism, which ruled the roost during the spring and summer, cannot be allowed to continue and permanently damage clubs like Hearts, Partick Thistle and Falkirk.

Where is Doncaster anyway? What is he doing to justify his obscene salary other than scrambling about trying to shore up and protect the Premiership? If some of these clubs who cowed to him and his puppet master, previously, can't see he doesn't give a hoot about them by now, they deserve the fate that is looming large.

Championship clubs have already agreed to play 27 games. 

Whether there were any conditions attached or agreed by the SPFL.

So it's now what are the punishments for not playing. 3-0 defeats etc. 

Italian Lambretta
10 minutes ago, LMc said:

The SPFL/SFA leadership will insist on a vote so they don't have to make any difficult decisions.

Breaking News:

All championship games cancelled for 20/21 season. No Promotion or Relegation until 2022 at the earliest.

The SPFL have instructed Heart of Midlothian FC to hand over all Season Ticket money paid to the club by their fans.

The money will now be used to help support Premiership clubs through this difficult time.

31 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Again well said. Its like being beaten ip by the bully and still wanting to be his pal. Pick up the big stick and fight back. No more palsy walsy shit.

It's infuriating!

18Jambo_dave74

I'm absolutely delighted to see the reality hitting these other clubs who were more than happy to throw us to the wolves. 

I fully expect the likes of Alloa and Raith to come crawling back to us when it comes to our matches asking us to pay for streams (as it sounds like Hearts will not be doing this directly). These clubs obviously wanted thousands of Hearts fans through their turnstiles and the next best thing for them will be to have thousands of Hearts fans paying to watch a stream. 

2 minutes ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

I'm absolutely delighted to see the reality hitting these other clubs who were more than happy to throw us to the wolves. 

I fully expect the likes of Alloa and Raith to come crawling back to us when it comes to our matches asking us to pay for streams (as it sounds like Hearts will not be doing this directly). These clubs obviously wanted thousands of Hearts fans through their turnstiles and the next best thing for them will be to have thousands of Hearts fans paying to watch a stream. 

That's going to be a big disappointment for them then... 

They won't be seeing a penny of mine. Not a single feckin' penny. 

Edited by blairdin

12 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Presumably you're looking at this from a financial point of view ?   But  these players are part-time and also have some kind of job - so they are arguably at greater risk of contracting Covid, and will quite possibly  not be getting tested by their club.  So from a Covid point of view,  aren't these part-time clubs at greater risk of going under due to possibly having to postpone/cancel matches ?  Ironically, your reasoning suggests they might have a better chance of surviving if they mothball completely.

Yes, I was. The points you make are valid. 

2 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Why?

JEALOUSY ! 

Dennis Reynolds
59 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Breaking News:

All championship games cancelled for 20/21 season. No Promotion or Relegation until 2022 at the earliest.

The SPFL have instructed Heart of Midlothian FC to hand over all Season Ticket money paid to the club by their fans.

The money will now be used to help support Premiership clubs through this difficult time.

Don't tempt them :muggy:

44 minutes ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

I think Hearts fans will sign up in big numbers for a stream, probably justifying by saying they won't buying a programme and a pie.

Easy to boycott if it means not travelling to Greenock, not so easy when you can sit on your sofa and sign up in 5 minutes.

12 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think Hearts fans will sign up in big numbers for a stream, probably justifying by saying they won't buying a programme and a pie.

Easy to boycott if it means not travelling to Greenock, not so easy when you can sit on your sofa and sign up in 5 minutes.

Quite a turnaround if it ends up being up to Hearts and our fans to 'save Scottish football'. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
17 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I can promise you now that I will settle for our own audio stream.

Hagar the Horrible

Way back in the day when we had a manufacturing industry, If the subsidy went from the canteen then those of us with enough brain cells bypassed the denial setting and started planning for redundancy.  Football will be no different, backroom staff, coaches, youth, development teams and a squad cull will be the first indicator that a club is in trouble, I fully expect that to be within touching distance by now for a host of clubs.  Time to trim the fat is now.  For some it might prove to be enough, but for others it will be as futile as an elephant wiping its arse with confetti.

But wanting to mothball first is the saviour of that club, but the chairpersons will only see it just now as an opportunity for all other clubs to smell blood and gorge on its carcass. Only an idiot would trust their friends in this self-interest milieu.  In any one of the 4 leagues the first club in trouble will trigger a response from Hearts, PT, Stranraer or even Cove/Brora  to scream we deserve that spot.  As a result clubs will hold out beyond that event horizon and the irony is it will be the death knell as they will have consumed the last of their cash flow masking their predicament and keeping the vultures at bay.  Mothballing now, will keep some much needed cash to survive the layoff, and then resurrection.

Once the domino effect kicks in the SPFL/SFA will panic as they just have not seen this coming, is they will enforce a season long suspension spun as preserving everybody, but in reality it will be to keep the top flight viable.  This will trigger another all-out war and further infect the open wounds that still exist.  It will kill more clubs than it intends to save.  The flip side is to this is we need one or more top 12 sides to face disaster.

We need to start planning NOW an alternative Championship made up of nine other friendly clubs who wish to keep going from the three leagues.

If the SPFL gets their way and we are forced to mothball, Celtic will still show their hand by insisting the Cup completes,  Hibs a free bye.

Like I said watch closely for the carefully spun statements about cutting back.  And the OF delighted to sell Morelos, Eduard and or Kent/Ayer.  But worse will be us being forced into oblivion for the good of the game.  At that point we need come out all guns!!!!!!

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
17 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Every £9.99 or whatever the cost of a stream I'm offered for an away game will instead either go to FOH or on Betfair to back a Hearts win.  

I'm not full of rage.  I just will very deliberately not support those who voted in self interest and at unfair & material financial disadvantage to Hearts.

18Jambo_dave74
20 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Aye fair point. I can only speak for myself and say I won't be giving a penny to any of these clubs. 

Suspect BBC will have a lot (most?) of our away games televised. 

Hagar the Horrible
2 minutes ago, Queensland Jambo said:

Every £9.99 or whatever the cost of a stream I'm offered for an away game will instead either go to FOH or on Betfair to back a Hearts win.  

I'm not full of rage.  I just will very deliberately not support those who voted in self interest and at unfair & material financial disadvantage to Hearts.

Can we not set up a fake account, pay once and share the connection betwen us all.

My rage is still at boiling point, but seing hearts play is just to tempting.  Methadone to heroin junkie.   Cold turkey is the only thing that works

1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

Not just lower leagues.  All teams should be asked if they believe they can play with no crowds this season, and also if they can test players.    All those who say yes  should start in a new league from the October date, with the rule being if you can’t take part in a game, you forfeit the game 3-0, if both can’t, no one gets any points, but the game is forfeited, which is what should have happened with Aberdeen and Celtic.  

The other teams can play in their league, or mothball.  

As for how long we do this, who knows.  I don’t believe there is going to be a vaccine soon, that we can be confident is safe, and works, without any side effects that are as bad, or worse.  

Championship team hoping to sell streams to hearts fans are going to be sorely disappointed to find out that we will be live on the BBC the majority of our away games.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Championship clubs have already agreed to play 27 games. 

Whether there were any conditions attached or agreed by the SPFL.

So it's now what are the punishments for not playing. 3-0 defeats etc. 

Yes.  I am sure that carried some weight in the court case,  and tribunal.    I do. Or believe we would have lost unanimously if the commitment was not given.  If it is breached, there is an argument that the decision should be reviewed. 

2 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Yes.  I am sure that carried some weight in the court case,  and tribunal.    I do. Or believe we would have lost unanimously if the commitment was not given.  If it is breached, there is an argument that the decision should be reviewed. 

Yeh I think the biggest win for the SPFL was keeping us away from court via companies act. If we are unable to trade then this is another court case outwith the SFA remit. 

husref musemic
3 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

Sad times 

People really want a load of clubs to disappear?

Could be us but even if not what kind of league would we be left playing in 

Get a grip 

This could be the end of professional football in Scotland and we’d go down with it

This is a time to leave squabbles behind and all work together which yes should have happened 6 months ago but must happen now

you forgive & forget if you want to. 

not for me.

47 minutes ago, Queensland Jambo said:

I'm on this bus too.

9 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Anybody that wants to see the away games without paying for a stream will be able to do so.

Exactly.  There are plenty of sites where you can get a stream for any sport, and any team, if that's what you want to do.

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

JEALOUSY ! 

Against edinburghs    CAPITAL CLUB....HMFC.....edinas darlings " even the buses are maroon......🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

4 hours ago, Whatever said:

I mean it was pretty ****in obvious how this was going to play out. It was said on here often enough. 2 years in the Championship at a minimum.

Scottish football in voting to demote us, voted to attempt to kill us.

I for one will never forget.

I got raked over the coals and called a drama queen for saying this, I stand by my statement, this expulsion has/had potential to kill us!

1 minute ago, gator said:

I got raked over the coals and called a drama queen for saying this, I stand by my statement, this expulsion has/had potential to kill us!

You shouldn’t have been. It’s true. We are still in real danger, and folk are bleating shite about reaching out with olive branches. We aren’t the ones that need to be reaching out or being apologetic.

Don't understand the gloom predictions with no fans in lower leagues part time teams? I would wager they will get more fans paying for streams if priced at usual ticket entry than they get for people attending games. 

9 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Don't understand the gloom predictions with no fans in lower leagues part time teams? I would wager they will get more fans paying for streams if priced at usual ticket entry than they get for people attending games. 

Yes.  Streaming should have been put in place for them all every week.  Costs could be borne centrally (SPFL) or with the centre taking a small fee to reimburse them.  

If they choose not to, then clubs will go bust.  This is a better chance for salvation than mothballing.

2 hours ago, andydog said:

Championship team hoping to sell streams to hearts fans are going to be sorely disappointed to find out that we will be live on the BBC the majority of our away games.

exactly. And all that would happen is one person buys it and shares it via online groups etc etc

24 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

Yes.  Streaming should have been put in place for them all every week.  Costs could be borne centrally (SPFL) or with the centre taking a small fee to reimburse them.  

If they choose not to, then clubs will go bust.  This is a better chance for salvation than mothballing.

That's what Petrie and Demster's JRG should have been doing, instead of just providing a useless side show to take away any momentum for the sensible option of reconstruction based on capability of actually playing behind closed doors.

They've done nothing positive since they cobbled it together months ago.

15 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I wouldn't give these feckers the steam off my pish. 

That wank Kettlewell says clubs should all stick together ? 

What a hypocritical turd.

You had yer chance ya posing ponce so enjoy yer journey up shit creek along with that slavering turd of an owner who is an even bigger phallus than you ya feckin slimy shite. 

👍

Can you provide me the rest of the interview where Ann said that?