*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

You've got a big problem when your captain and assistant manager, who expects to play, is part of your failing team.

Edited by Rick Sanchez

• Replies 64.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shanks said no
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

They should be more concerned with Livi and Ross County. 

Who play each other next weekend, interesting 

Just now, manaliveits105 said:

Celtic did well to win at Motherwell despite a bad injury to Willie Colum 

Astonishing miss of the Celtic handball by the officials. 

not scottish football but i see the glentoran keeper was sent off after the game v coleraine went to 2-2. his offense "attacking" former jambo bobby burns who is his teammate

Guest ToqueJambo
14 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

You've got a big problem when your captain and assistant manager, who expects to play, is part of your failing team.

Brown was so obviously finished as a player last season. We made some bad mistakes but Aberdeen have completely ****ed things up for themselves for no reason. McInnes was the best manager they'll ever get but no way were they going to continue finishing 2nd/3rd in a stronger league with us, Hibs and even D Utd all back.

It's beautiful to watch. Aberdeen was one of the most sleekit clubs during the summer of COVID. Their owner said a lot but nothing constructive. Just liked hearing the sound of his own voice.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

not scottish football but i see the glentoran keeper was sent off after the game v coleraine went to 2-2. his offense "attacking" former jambo bobby burns who is his teammate

Jesus, should be a permanent ban. I don't see what Burns did there. It was other players who let their player run through. Psycho.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Jesus, should be a permanent ban. I don't see what Burns did there. It was other players who let their player run through. Psycho.

the only thing burns did was lose the ball around the half way line. as you say the rest of the team let the player stroll through to score

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Brown was so obviously finished as a player last season. We made some bad mistakes but Aberdeen have completely ****ed things up for themselves for no reason. McInnes was the best manager they'll ever get but no way were they going to continue finishing 2nd/3rd in a stronger league with us, Hibs and even D Utd all back.

It's beautiful to watch. Aberdeen was one of the most sleekit clubs during the summer of COVID. Their owner said a lot but nothing constructive. Just liked hearing the sound of his own voice.

Their current situation reminds me of our demotion season... Decent team on paper, horrendous on the park. Would die laughing if they went down 🙂

Edited by WDJ87

Just watched that comedy defending from St J. That's so damn funny, the third goal was brilliant slapstick.

August Landmesser
10 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Their current situation reminds me of our demotion season... Decent team on paper, horrendous on the park. Would die laughing if they went down 🙂

:sweeet:

Maroon Sailor
Just now, JimmyCant said:

St mirren get anything today and we’ve got away with yesterday 

It will mean Celtic are back in to it

Gordon Ramsay
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Looking at it the other way we could have been 2 points clear. 

Slightly off topic but Rangers with both stands behind the goals, that is a woeful support. 

3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

This. Brings them right back into it earlier than expected. 

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Looking at it the other way we could have been 2 points clear. 

Slightly off topic but Rangers with both stands behind the goals, that is a woeful support. 

More Rangers fans in Paisley than St Mirren fans

3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

This is the correct answer. We didn't get away with it yesterday as our challengers closed ground on us by winning their matches. 

Fozzyonthefence
14 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Not really, we’re not competing with Rangers, anyone that thinks that is off their head.  We lost 2 points on Aberdeen and Dundee Utd yesterday but gained one on Hibs - they’re our rivals.  Always pleasing to see Rangers losing though. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

5 minutes ago, jambostuart said:

This is the correct answer. We didn't get away with it yesterday as our challengers closed ground on us by winning their matches. 

Yep and Celtic and Dundee United are bang in form. Even St Mirren, if they win, would only be 4 points behind us.

Honestly feel we should be 8 points better off as 4 of the draws we should have won.

Just now, neilnunb said:

Yep and Celtic and Dundee United are bang in form. Even St Mirren, if they win, would only be 4 points behind us.

Honestly feel we should be 8 points better off as 4 of the draws we should have won.

We are still doing better than anyone expected, just remember that, and undefeated.

Gordon Ramsay
1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Yep. 

10 unbeaten but 5 draws is hardly ideal. 

Fozzyonthefence
13 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I can see Celtic being top of the league after the 2nd round of fixtures, if not, even earlier.  They have Rangers, Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen all at home, while Rangers have these 3 all away and obviously Celtic away too.  Tough set of fixtures coming up for the Huns (and for us too though). 

2 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

We are still doing better than anyone expected, just remember that, and undefeated.

Undefeated is great, to a degree, but when half of them are draws it takes the shine off it a bit.

Edited by neilnunb

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Spot on 

I will repeat ad nauseum. Celtic are the team to be ahead of this season. Imho they are a better team than their Ibrox counterparts. Celtic are right back in the mix and are getting, sadly, into their groove.

Fitzroy Pointon
6 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Don't waste your time. According to some, Dundee United, who have been beaten twice, are doing better than us. 

Just now, neilnunb said:

Rangers starting to get on top now. St Mirren have run out of steam. 🤣

They were brilliant first 20 minutes then just started giving the ball away. 

25 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Be very surprised if St Mirren get something from this, despite being ahead they’re under intense pressure from Rangers. One of the few times I actually want st mirren to get something from a game though! :rofl: 

I’d more say it was a massive opportunity missed for than getting away with yesterday though if they do get something from this!

Edited by D4nny_

Just now, John Findlay said:

I will repeat ad nauseum. Celtic are the team to be ahead of this season. Imho they are a better team than their Ibrox counterparts. Celtic are right back in the mix and are getting, sadly, into their groove.

Defensively Celtic still look suspect but unfortunately they score goals freely, which we don't. I see their new boy got off the mark yesterday too. 😡🙄

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, D4nny_ said:

Be very surprised if St Mirren get something from this, despite being ahead they’re under intense pressure from Rangers. One of the few times I actually want st mirren to get something from a game though! :rofl: 

I’d more say it was a massive opportunity missed for than getting away with yesterday though if they do get something from this!

We can but hope, feels wrong wanting them to win though 🤮

3 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Don't waste your time. According to some, Dundee United, who have been beaten twice, are doing better than us. 

They've beaten Rangers and drawn at Celtic Park. Also hammered Hibs at Easter Road.

Obviously we dominated them at Tannadice though.

They're probably laughing at us crowing about being undefeated when they've won more games than us and have the same points total.

At the moment they are in better form than us.