Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hearts of Vladland

Refs in Scotland know Rangers are poor at defending corners so blow the whistle on about 50% of the corners they defend 😂

Edited by Hearts of Vladland

MR INCREDIBLE
1 minute ago, Hearts of Vladland said:

Ref in Scotland know Rangers are poor at defending corners so blow the whistle on about 50% of the corners they defend 😂

Agreed !! There was no way St Mirren we’re getting any chance from that last corner.

There was absolutely no foul.

Any talk of us winning the league can stop right now. 

This is what we're up against.  Rangers will get the penalties they need and the fouls given against them to ensure that they pick up the points to stay in top spot.  The actual football is secondary, and you can bet your arse that the same chances won't be given to us. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

You could argue with their budget and players they are doing better than we are, and a rookie in the dug out. 

Or you could argue that as the newly promoted side we are doing better. 

Bit pointless tho. 

I’ve said it was a stupid challenge about four times, having seen it twice I couldn’t see any contact at all. Hagi was looking for it and that idiot gave him the chance to go down. 

Definite penalty, even Goodwin didn't complain about it afterwards

Maroon Sailor

Steven McLean made sure he wasn't upsetting Gerrard again. Won't have to phone him to apologise over anything today.

He'll have to settle for just having a pint with him

Edited by Maroon Sailor

43 minutes ago, Tazio said:

If a picture paints a thousand words…

BFE6ACCF-9C3B-42D3-A8F7-F147DA41BEE7.jpeg

Absolutely scandalous, but hey! Their not corrupt, just inept , right?

24 minutes ago, kila said:

In case you’ve missed it elsewhere… Morelos has scored his 100th goal. National news that. 

I had Sportsound on earlier and they commented that there would like be a montage off his goals on Sportscene tonight 😄 zero chance any player out with Rangers or Celtic would get this.

I love going to the Hearts games and wouldn’t give up my season ticket, but I really do despise Scottish football at times!

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Now I’ve watched it another four times it’s never a penalty as there’s no contact whatsoever. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

I had Sportsound on earlier and they commented that there would like be a montage off his goals on Sportscene tonight 😄 zero chance any player out with Rangers or Celtic would get this.

I love going to the Hearts games and wouldn’t give up my season ticket, but I really do despise Scottish football at times!

I despise it at all times, corrupt to the core and the worst thing is clubs like ours do ****all about it. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Or you could argue that as the newly promoted side we are doing better. 

Bit pointless tho. 

You could, and a few others would but we are where we should be with our budget and squad of players. In fact we should be top. Don’t let ambition get in the way of your mediocre expectations eh 🤦🏽

If you listen to Sportsound or watch Sportscene and expect anything other than Der Hun, The Selick or The Dons to take centre stage, then I assume you are in your infant years of watching Scottish football.

Francis Albert

Only saw the second half because it was on in a pub. One decision I thought was astonishing and I have never seen the like before. Rangers attacking and a Rangers player and the ref tangle accidentally 10 to 20 yards outside the St Mirren box. The ref gives a drop ball but agrees with a Rangers protest requiring the St Mirren player to stand back. Rangers then have a free pass which they take advantage of and the recipient crosses into the box. So in effect Rangers get a free kick. For an accidental collision with the ref. Or in effect a foul by the ref! 

Edited by Francis Albert

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Only saw the second half because it was on in a pub. One decision I thought was astonishing and I have never seen the like before. Rangers attacking and a Rangers player and the ref tangle accidentally 10 to 20 yards outside the St Mirren box. The ref gives a drop ball but agrees with a Rangers protest requiring the St Mirren player to stand back. Rangers then have a free pass which they take advantage of and the recipient crosses into the box. So in effect Rangers get a free kick. For an accidental collision with the ref. Or in effect a foul by the ref! 

I think that might be a new rule that’s been brought in, when the ref is involved by making contact with a player or the ball. 

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think that might be a new rule that’s been brought in, when the ref is involved by making contact with a player or the ball. 

Really? So running into the ref or passing to him gets you a free kick?

14 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Really? So running into the ref or passing to him gets you a free kick?

Only if the ball hits the ref and the opposition benefit. Otherwise play on. What you saw was Rangers getting help from the officials as usual!

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, kila said:

Only if the ball hits the ref and the opposition benefit. Otherwise play on. What you saw was Rangers getting help from the officials as usual!

Thanks. In this case the opposition did not benefit unless the test is that if it breaks or threatens to break up Rangers play then the opposition benefits. It shouldn't mean Rangers get a better position than they had before. When they were not in unchallenged possession.

Anyway I look forward to opponents of the OF benefitting from this new rule.

Fitzroy Pointon
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

If a picture paints a thousand words…

BFE6ACCF-9C3B-42D3-A8F7-F147DA41BEE7.jpeg

:laugh2: can barely hide the love in his eyes. 

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Thanks. In this case the opposition did not benefit unless the test is that if it breaks or threatens to break up Rangers play then the opposition benefits. It shouldn't mean Rangers get a better position than they had before. When they were not in unchallenged possession.

Anyway I look forward to opponents of the OF benefitting from this new rule.

PS thanks for your latest post. So if you are at risk of losing possession aim (accidentally or otherwise?) for the ref and guarantee retaining it.

And isn't an uncontested drop ball pretty much the same as a free kick?

Edited by Francis Albert

BRING_BACK_MO_BERTHA

Double 

Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

Euan Henderson scores on 90 and 90+2 to win the game for Alloa away at Queens Park.

Could do a joab?

My understanding is, if the ball hits the referee unintentionally then the team who were in possession when the ball hit the referee will be awarded an indirect free kick in order that they maintain said possession.

11 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

My understanding is, if the ball hits the referee unintentionally then the team who were in possession when the ball hit the referee will be awarded an indirect free kick in order that they maintain said possession.

My understanding is the ref should be in the box to head home

26 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Euan Henderson scores on 90 and 90+2 to win the game for Alloa away at Queens Park.

So just Liverpool , Bournemouth , Hearts and Kelty Hearts left undefeated in the UKs top leagues now?

Francis Albert
23 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

In this case there was an accidental (I think ... who can really tell?) Coming together of player and referee and there was a drop ball which the referee at Rangers insistence could not be contested. 

And in your example won't an indirect free kick often give an advantage over simply maintaining possession?

Now I’ve watched it another four times it’s never a penalty as there’s no contact whatsoever. 

Well I suggest you go to specsavers. Not worth arguing over........ But you're wrong😊

30 minutes ago, sadj said:

So just Liverpool , Bournemouth , Hearts and Kelty Hearts left undefeated in the UKs top leagues now?

Was this not the cup for Alloa

Actually no it wasn't!!!!

Edited by VALDOS'

I despise it at all times, corrupt to the core and the worst thing is clubs like ours do ****all about it. 

Yeah, its really depressing. One of those things where you kind of wish you hadn't developed an interest. Perhaps if we weren't playing against such an obviously loaded deck interest in non-OF clubs might actually be higher. 

Refs are so biased its actually beyond contempt. Look on his face says it all. Beyond that, phoning Gerrard to apologise is so crawling its embarrassing. Think Collina ever called a manager to apologise? Cringey and clearly just an excuse to fanboy him. Utterly pathetic. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yeah, its really depressing. One of those things where you kind of wish you hadn't developed an interest. Perhaps if we weren't playing against such an obviously loaded deck interest in non-OF clubs might actually be higher. 

Refs are so biased its actually beyond contempt. Look on his face says it all. Beyond that, phoning Gerrard to apologise is so crawling its embarrassing. Think Collina ever called a manager to apologise? Cringey and clearly just an excuse to fanboy him. Utterly pathetic. 

It really is, if I wasn’t so invested in our club I could quite happily never watch another game involving Scottish teams. 
The only solution I can see is them leaving, I just can’t see the clubs ever doing anything about it. 

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Well I suggest you go to specsavers. Not worth arguing over........ But you're wrong😊

If you can find that footage and show any contact whatsoever I will bow to your superior eyesight. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

PS thanks for your latest post. So if you are at risk of losing possession aim (accidentally or otherwise?) for the ref and guarantee retaining it.

And isn't an uncontested drop ball pretty much the same as a free kick?

No drop balls are contested these days apparently. 

Francis Albert
29 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No drop balls are contested these days apparently. 

So it seems. But when why have drop balls rather than just indirect free kicks? The difference between those seems to me pretty thin. 

In today's case the right response to the accident (if that is what it was) was for Rangers to have an uncontested drop ball and in sportsmanlike fashion pass back to their keeper or at least to some unthreatening position deep into their own half. 

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, XB52 said:

Now I’ve seen it from the other side it was clear his foot connected with Powers, it wasn’t clear at all from the other angle I had seen. 

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

So it seems. But when why have drop balls rather than just indirect free kicks? The difference between those seems to me pretty thin. 

In today's case the right response to the accident (if that is what it was) was for Rangers to have an uncontested drop ball and in sportsmanlike fashion pass back to their keeper or at least to some unthreatening position deep into their own half. 

Yeah I does seem a bit strange, and as you said it could be manipulated in certain situations. 
Im sure the ref did it yesterday with Gordon for some bizarre reason. 

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Now I’ve seen it from the other side it was clear his foot connected with Powers, it wasn’t clear at all from the other angle I had seen. 

👍

8 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Sevco get out of jail again and the red tops suck on Morelos like a fat wee jubblie. Will be sad when they all go bust like Rangers.

But the league is close, at least for now. 

Maroon Sailor
49 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

But the league is close, at least for now. 

If it's as close after 22 matches even better.