*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

Naisys Tackle
9 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

I'm sure Harry inclusion wouldn't have altered things tonight. I always felt he should of gone to a part time team though, needs a run of games whilst working under Gordon on training pitch. The guy will be our number 1, he's very very good.

It wouldn’t have no, but he made a few blunders now can’t get back in the side.  

• Replies 64.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Naisys Tackle
3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

No need imo. 

Berra was great for us and a cup winner. 

Tried his best for us last season but his body gave up. 

We and he moved on. 

made us £2m also. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

made us £2m also. 

Yip, good point - some fans have short memories. 

On another note, Scottish football gets another kick in the head with the late kick off for Dundee and Aberdeen. Purely for the American market I believe and not something Hearts should attach their name to. 

Forever Hearts
13 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

On another note, Scottish football gets another kick in the head with the late kick off for Dundee and Aberdeen. Purely for the American market I believe and not something Hearts should attach their name to. 

If it gets our game more exposure and therefore more money I have no problem with one game out of the six kicking off late. 

14 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

What American market? I can’t believe it’s being shown live on any channel of any significance. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

What American market? I can’t believe it’s being shown live on any channel of any significance. 

As has been discussed including by Robbie Neilson.

Scottish football says Dundee v Aberdeen is more interesting than Rangers v Hearts. 

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

As has been discussed including by Robbie Neilson.

Scottish football says Dundee v Aberdeen is more interesting than Rangers v Hearts. 

Scottish football doesn't say that at all. Each team only gets so many home televised games. 

Niemi’s gloves
6 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

While I hope you are right … if he can’t even get on the bench for Partick, he can’t be THAT good at the moment 

I think he should be recalled and sent elsewhere on loan to get games 

What’s your source that he “can’t even get on the bench”? I’d assume that either he’s injured or alternatively that the loan has been ended by mutual agreement of the clubs. 

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Scottish football doesn't say that at all. Each team only gets so many home televised games. 

It does. Scottish football is responsible for the tv deal. 

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

it is due to both having american owners. i read somewhere that cormack had already asked hibs to move an aberdeen hibs game to around 6 pm to try and tap into the us market but hibs said no

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

it is due to both having american owners. i read somewhere that cormack had already asked hibs to move an aberdeen hibs game to around 6 pm to try and tap into the us market but hibs said no

But are they only tapping the ppv ‘market’ or are Scottish matches being shown live on a US channel?

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It does. Scottish football is responsible for the tv deal. 

No, Neil Doncaster is. There are no live Scottish games on Sky this weekend.  

Niemi’s gloves
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

But are they only tapping the ppv ‘market’ or are Scottish matches being shown live on a US channel?

I think that there are several Spanish language channels in the  US that show football but I’m not to sure how interested they’d be in Scottish football. 

25 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

If it gets our game more exposure and therefore more money I have no problem with one game out of the six kicking off late. 

It won't get us any exposure, but its the future if the American owners get their way. They're the majority of the review clubs, and expect loads of crack pot ideas to come out of that. It's only 4 years since Dundee and Celtic wanted to play a league game in the states so resistance is essential.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, SE16 3LN said:

It won't get us any exposure, but its the future if the American owners get their way. They're the majority of the review clubs, and expect loads of crack pot ideas to come out of that. It's only 4 years since Dundee and Celtic wanted to play a league game in the states so resistance is essential.

So what is the reasoning behind it if it's not to promote our game to a wider audience? 

3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

So what is the reasoning behind it if it's not to promote our game to a wider audience? 

The clue's in the American owners. I'm off to the pub.

41 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

Why is Dundee v Aberdeen on at 6pm? Not even on tv

I will give you a clue. It will be 1pm right down the Eastern seaboard stateside.

Forever Hearts
2 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

The clue's in the American owners. I'm off to the pub.

I know they have American owners. Why move it three hours back? What massive difference will it make? 

Maroon Sailor

Decided to go to the Alloa v Peterhead match

Euan Henderson and Adam King start for The Wasps

Conor Sammon on the bench

Hibs have Aberdeen and Celtic next, we have Dundee and St Johnstone. Could potentially already be 10 points clear of them after 1 round of fixtures.

24 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Hibs have Aberdeen and Celtic next, we have Dundee and St Johnstone. Could potentially already be 10 points clear of them after 1 round of fixtures.

One game at a time. 

Wait, there's Scottish football on American TV? Somehow all the advertising algorithms are failing because you'd think I'd be the target market for that and I had no idea.

Any stateside folks know where to find this? Dundee vs. Aberdeen may be guff but it's better than MLS . . .

18 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

One game at a time. 

I would be expecting a minimum of 4 points from the 2 games, we should beat Dundee at home every day of the week and if we have any ambition to go forward as a team we need results in places like Perth.

The wee team are starting to see what everyone else sees - that they're shit 😂😂

.net is one fun read tonight.