*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

9 minutes ago, sadj said:

Theres a reason I have you on ignore 👍🏻

Na thats just the stats they pulling of hubz.net someone else countered it. As for Walsh hes a dick , thats the ref who sent of Garuccio and sent off Djoum at Livi. Hes also the ref that couldn’t bring himself to deal with Hibs players in the recent derby. So any Hibs fan complaining about bias from him can **** off

My bad. It's pish... although he does like a red card (3 out of last 5) for teams playing against sevco. That'll teach me to check my stats before posting. 😔

Who cares.. it's Porty after all.. absolute huddy! How he gets touted for Scotland is beyond me!

cards.jpg

• Replies 64.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

My bad. It's pish... although he does like a red card (3 out of last 5) for teams playing against sevco. That'll teach me to check my stats before posting. 😔

Who cares.. it's Porty after all.. absolute huddy! How he gets touted for Scotland is beyond me!

cards.jpg

Big Porto getting more cards than Leigh Griffiths on fathers day I see. 

16 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

cards.jpg

Hes just a poor as **** ref although the decision was right yesterday. Wether he got there by bias , luck or actual ability is a different thing. Porteous getting touted for Scotland is mental to me too , hes got a poor temperament. That and the loons who think hed be great for us are as bad 🤣

18 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I just dont get why anyone other than McAnus and hibs fans are defending him 🤪

1 hour ago, sadj said:

I just dont get why anyone other than McAnus and hibs fans are defending him 🤪

Its you that keeps going on about it and twisting it, move on ffs.

Watt-Zeefuik

Going to enjoy Hibs' appeal getting thrown back in their face. Absolutely no chance at a reversal. Ross must just be doing it to save face.

4 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Going to enjoy Hibs' appeal getting thrown back in their face. Absolutely no chance at a reversal. Ross must just be doing it to save face.

Being done purely to appease their fans. They know it doesn't stand a chance.

3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Being done purely to appease their fans. They know it doesn't stand a chance.

Agreed

8 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

“Our special advisor Tam McAnus said its a disgrace and despite the ex-pros and refs who have condemned it in the media we believe the evidence shows oor Ryans a nice boy and therefore we are appealing the decision”

Edited by sadj

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Daily record missing the real issue tho and why folk over react to situations like this- if that's at the other end it's at best a booking. 

That's why folk get pissed of, even if it was a red in this case. 

Alex Kintner
7 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Yawn, am bored with you as so predictable, I prefer debate not misleading statements, picking out bit you like is old firm behaviour for me.

tenor.gif

Naisys Tackle
14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Daily record missing the real issue tho and why folk over react to situations like this- if that's at the other end it's at best a booking. 

That's why folk get pissed of, even if it was a red in this case. 

2 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

You want to take the ball and man out?  This is the way.

giphy.gif

Soapy is an absolute ****ing machine god bless him

Watt-Zeefuik
Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

Seriously? A pox on you for making me defend a Rangers player but the tackle is at a lower speed, it's directed in front of the player rather than at his ankles, his toe is pointed, and his knees are bent.

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Led Tasso said:

Seriously? A pox on you for making me defend a Rangers player but the tackle is at a lower speed, it's directed in front of the player rather than at his ankles, his toe is pointed, and his knees are bent.

It's dangerous and a lunge on a young player.  Feet are off the ground too.  

Not even a foul. 

10 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Exactly coz it's Hibs, on here kbers follow like sheep. Let's see reaction in a fortnight when same happens to us.

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Lfhearts said:

Exactly coz it's Hibs, on here kbers follow like sheep. Let's see reaction in a fortnight when same happens to us.

It was a sending off like but I'm just showing up the other end it isn't happening. 

CloustonHMFC
14 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

That's a sending off too imo, but the fact he doesn't get sent off doesn't change the fact Porteous was rightly sent off. The Rangers player not getting a card is a different argument.

Naisys Tackle
Just now, CloustonHMFC said:

That's a sending off too imo, but the fact he doesn't get sent off doesn't change the fact Porteous was rightly sent off. The Rangers player not getting a card is a different argument.

Of course not.  I was replying backing up the theory if it's Rangers it's not getting a red card. 

I don't think there's been any real malice. He knew he was getting there first and he's went flying across to intercept

The fact he's went in at a height over the ball,when you leave the ground like that these days it's a red.

I agree with you, a yellow.

So depends what the question is. 

It's a red in today's rules.

I think a yellow seems fairer based on my own opinion though.

kingantti1874

It was a red, far too much pace, studs up and over the ball.. he didn’t catch him but not because he didn’t try. 

All for hard tackles but ones which could literally need a career if he catches him? 

the is a valid argument to ask would a rangers players have been sent off? but doesn’t change the fact that it’s a red every single day of the week.. 

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It was a red, far too much pace, studs up and over the ball.. he didn’t catch him but not because he didn’t try. 

All for hard tackles but ones which could literally need a career if he catches him? 

the is a valid argument to ask would a rangers players have been sent off? but doesn’t change the fact that it’s a red every single day of the week.. 

You've nailed it.

How they can appeal that is astonishing.

Porteous has history of reckless tackles and its  only a matter of time before a career is lost. He needs reigned in.

100%. Goes over the ball to do Aribo. Studs up. Very dangerous height. 

0 benefit of the doubt as he has previous. Boy needs stop acting the hardman and grow up. And learn how to tackle properly 

Hibs fans need to be angry at ‘Porto’ and not the ref.

Whether or not a Rangers player would have been sent off for the same tackle at Ibrox is a different discussion 

HeartsandonlyHearts

Haven’t seen the tackle so couldn’t say yeah or nay.

But Porteous is a #obo so 100% red card every day and twice on Sunday. Or once I guess.

Today's rules means it's a red card.

The issue is consistency with the refs. They are are very quick to flash the red in favour of the old firm but very reluctant against them.

On a side note, you'll see a number of these types of challenges early doors in an old firm game without even a word.

5 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

I haven't seen it but I'm convinced Porteous was trying to hurt the player and deserved to go off. 

😄

On 31/07/2020 at 23:53, neilnunb said:

Yeah. Apparently they've got team specific crowd chants, like they had for the EPL. Presumably Hamilton home games have the sound of birds chirping and traffic going by.

So Hibs are having fire drill sounds?

27 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

No we don’t ! There is a difference.

If the sending off contributed to Hibs losing, then I’m all for it ! 👍

If it happens to us, that’s different !

Simply…**** Hibs !

Without bias I'd say 20-30 years ago it's probably a good challenge because he's come away with the ball but nowadays players know fine and well that they can't fly into a challenge with their studs up above ball height. If he connected with the Rangers boys leg he could have caused a serious injury and for that reason the ref was correct in showing the red. 

I remember Garrucio's tackle v Motherwell at Fir Park, which was clean as a whistle but in this day and age was also a red card because of the way he jumped in to the challenge. 

Players know the rules. Ultimately if professional players are jumping into tackles, they are letting their team down and costing them points. I don't know why Hibs are appealing it, Ross should be saying to him that he needs to cut that sort of thing out or he's going to end up with a reputation for it with the refs. 

Edited by Cruyff

Bazzas right boot
49 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Yip, that's the real issue here. 

SectionDJambo
Just now, Savage Vince said:

Christ that's a red every day of the week. 

He's launched himself, at speed, with his foot about 6 inches off the ground, with studs showing. He has no control over where he is going to end up.

Current rules stipulate that if a player causes danger of serious injury to another player, whether or not he makes contact, he will see a red card. He could have made a safer and more effective challenge for the ball if he had the brains to have tried.

Porteous thinks he's a hardman. He's not. He's a player who seems to revel in trying to portray himself as a physical threat to other players, which Hibs fans in their pursuit of flair football seem to think fits with their style. They call us "big physical Hertz" whilst this overrated nobody is going out to attempt to intimidate and injure opposing players. In my opinion, he is just yet another over hyped Hibs player.

I can honestly say that if that was a Hearts player who did that at Ibrox, I'd be more annoyed that he had sold the jerseys than claiming a conspiracy from the referee to give Rangers an advantage.

48 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Yes exactly it is because it’s Hibs! The Club supported by a bunch of low life shits that tried to kill our Club with bogus offers and protests to the Lithuanians! The Club that Budge was seemingly developing a close working relationship who shit on us at the first opportunity and voted us down despite the fact it cost them £100k in prize money!

So yes it is because it’s Hibs so feck them all, their Club, their fans and their players!

Edited by Thomaso

Savage Vince
6 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

He's launched himself, at speed, with his foot about 6 inches off the ground, with studs showing. He has no control over where he is going to end up.

Current rules stipulate that if a player causes danger of serious injury to another player, whether or not he makes contact, he will see a red card. He could have made a safer and more effective challenge for the ball if he had the brains to have tried.

Porteous thinks he's a hardman. He's not. He's a player who seems to revel in trying to portray himself as a physical threat to other players, which Hibs fans in their pursuit of flair football seem to think fits with their style. They call us "big physical Hertz" whilst this overrated nobody is going out to attempt to intimidate and injure opposing players. In my opinion, he is just yet another over hyped Hibs player.

I can honestly say that if that was a Hearts player who did that at Ibrox, I'd be more annoyed that he had sold the jerseys than claiming a conspiracy from the referee to give Rangers an advantage.

Yup 👍

willie wallace

At Tynecastle Porteous stood up won the ball fair and square but he still clattered into the back of the Hearts player for no reason as the ball was already going out for a throw in.

I can't remember which player it was but he didn't make a meal of it and just gave Porteous a wtf look.

John Findlay
49 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

If its a Red every single day of the week. Then a Sevco player would be sent off for commiting the same offence. If they are not does that mean the referee is incompetent or corrupt?

18 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Yes exactly it is because it’s Hibs! The Club supported by a bunch of low life shits that tried to kill our Club with bogus offers and protests to the Lithuanians! The Club that Budge was seemingly developing a close working relationship who shit on us at the first opportunity and voted us down despite the fact it cost them £100k in prize money!

So yes it is because it’s Hibs so feck them all, their Club, their fans and their players!

When you put it like that fair enough.

Rick Sanchez

What exactly is the rule?

I'm sure the rule was changed to include something along the lines of excessive force and/or out of control.

Red card.

1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

That's a yellow for the opposition and a foul.Player lunges at pace.

13 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

What exactly is the rule?

I'm sure the rule was changed to include something along the lines of excessive force and/or out of control.

Red card.

Law 12.

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.