Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

No he doesn't, at least quote what Ross actually says.

Ps ... do you mean this?:-

Hibernian head coach Jack Ross "I'm angry at losing the game because of the manner of the goals we concede. Then I'm angry at myself because I've had to be angry at the players.

2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Hibernian head coach Jack Ross "I'm angry at losing the game because of the manner of the goals we concede. Then I'm angry at myself because I've had to be angry at the players.

Or this direct quote 🤣

“I don’t necessarily agree with the decision but I can understand why it was given.”

14 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

That Porteous laddie is a liability. 

And he's a tit. Another in a long line of Hibs tits to be precise. 

1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

He sounds confused. Either don’t bother getting angry or just stop ****ing moaning about it, ya big fud. 

40 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Moore should have been sent off then against Motherwell?

You are just trolling now! 😏

The pressure was on Rangers and if you saw Gerrard's reaction at the end of the match you can see just how much he was feeling it........going all around the stadium looking for cheers from all, fist pumping as he goes

I'd love to see Robbie do the same in the away corner of the stadium in 2 weeks time 🙂..............providing we get tickets which I think we will.

Watt-Zeefuik

Looking narrowly at the moment of the tackle it's hard to say. But looking at it in the flow of the game, Porteus is charging over from the other side of the pitch and his tackle goes straight at the legs of the player. All of his momentum is aimed at the player -- he doesn't even look focused on the ball.

That's not a red card in itself but if the ref is watching that and sees you coming in like that, he's going to watch that tackle very closely. If Porteus keeps the toe pointed, the foot down, and win the ball, he'll probably shake his head a bit but wave play on. But if he comes in with a straight leg, studs out, and come in over the ball, the ref is going to be watching all of that more closely than he otherwise would be cause of the way Porteus charged in.

It's a "look at me" run-up, and the tackle is designed to intimidate. And then he puts the studs high.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

He sounds confused. Either don’t bother getting angry or just stop ****ing moaning about it, ya big fud. 

he will be raging at porteous. He likely affected the outcome through being his usual thug self. He’s not publicly slating him but I’d be surprised if he’s not privately. If your his teammate your raging

1 minute ago, Led Tasso said:

Looking narrowly at the moment of the tackle it's hard to say. But looking at it in the flow of the game, Porteus is charging over from the other side of the pitch and his tackle goes straight at the legs of the player. All of his momentum is aimed at the player -- he doesn't even look focused on the ball.

That's not a red card in itself but if the ref is watching that and sees you coming in like that, he's going to watch that tackle very closely. If Porteus keeps the toe pointed, the foot down, and win the ball, he'll probably shake his head a bit but wave play on. But if he comes in with a straight leg, studs out, and come in over the ball, the ref is going to be watching all of that more closely than he otherwise would be cause of the way Porteus charged in.

It's a "look at me" run-up, and the tackle is designed to intimidate. And then he puts the studs high.

great post and I think you’ve nailed it 100%.  

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Gambo - if Beni gets sent off for that next game we are all absolutely raging at the ref. I don’t care about Hibs but that is harsh as ****.

Correct,  but he gave the ref the opportunity. He knew it as well.

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

he will be raging at porteous. He likely affected the outcome through being his usual thug self. He’s not publicly slating him but I’d be surprised if he’s not privately. If your his teammate your raging

Yep, he made a right shop front of it. Trying to put himself about and be bossy and arsed it up. Hibs could have easily got something out the game before that. They actually think someone will pay millions for that clown as well. 

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

Too true. Cost them the match and (even though Hibsing it is a joy) he cost us top spot.

He went to try and injure the Rangers player. Its a red card and rightly should act as a deterrent to him in the future but I doubt it as he's a coward.

Folk saying its not a red would be on here frothing if he tried the same on Boyce or Beni.

"Speaking after the match the Easter Road boss said: “As it happened, I didn't even think it was a foul but that was from my view.

"I then watched it and the first couple of angles I had the same opinion. From the angle behind the goal it doesn't look great but what I don't quite understand is that the match official’s view must be the same – he’s not watching it from behind the goals" 

Then the other bit above so you have to read whole bit, however Walsh is worst ref going, Porteous got sent off, any old firm player, doing similar in most SPL games never gets a red for that.  

Harry Potter
41 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

That Porteous laddie is a liability. 

he cost hibs points today, doubt the hobos will appeal the red, wont win an appeal imo.

9 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

"Speaking after the match the Easter Road boss said: “As it happened, I didn't even think it was a foul but that was from my view.

"I then watched it and the first couple of angles I had the same opinion. From the angle behind the goal it doesn't look great but what I don't quite understand is that the match official’s view must be the same – he’s not watching it from behind the goals" 

Then the other bit above so you have to read whole bit, however Walsh is worst ref going, Porteous got sent off, any old firm player, doing similar in most SPL games never gets a red for that.  

You are at it , we gave you actual quotes from Ross above two of us did. He understands why it was given. 

Porteous you know that player you advocate would be amazing in defence beside Souttar is a liability and his actions today were yet again a disgrace

7 minutes ago, sadj said:

You are at it , we gave you actual quotes from Ross above two of us did. He understands why it was given. 

Porteous you know that player you advocate would be amazing in defence beside Souttar is a liability and his actions today were yet again a disgrace

Ive had him on ignore ever since his Hibs tendencies came to the fore.

Like many on here his mask has slipped. They just can’t help it.

20 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Ive had him on ignore ever since his Hibs tendencies came to the fore.

Like many on here his mask has slipped. They just can’t help it.

Led to believe Sportscenes three pros all agreed with my take iv had since I saw it pretty much word for word. Ill stick with that rather than change it for a person who thinks Porteous should be in our defence as he is ideal and him and Souttar would be a good combination as hes a big brute no nonsense defender 😑 

Edited by sadj

16 minutes ago, sadj said:

Led to believe Sportscenes three pros all agreed with my take iv had since I saw it pretty much word for word. Ill stick with that rather than change it for a person who thinks Porteous should be in our defence as he is ideal and him and Souttar would be a good combination as hes a big brute no nonsense defender 😑 

Neil McCann also spoke clearly about it.    Objectively,   when you see it from the clearest angle it’s a red.    I get the views about OF bias but putting that to one side,  and that it happens to he a Hibs player…he goes over the ball. at speed,  shows his studs and he is not in control.  Refs  should give these as reds.   Seems a pretty clear cut referring decision.   There are a couple of angles where it looks harsh but we should look at the best angle, not the worst angle to see what actually happened.   This is not evidence of bias anyway,  evidence of bias would be an OF player doing a similar tackle and it not being a red,  which is a separate argument…and does happen at times of course but it seems to be clouding the debate somewhat on this thread.  

10 hours ago, Largo said:

Right I'm off to watch ' The Champions v Spoon Burners ' be back later with a honest reflection on the game 🙄

Difficult one to give an honest opinion on, with the spoon burners getting a player sent off it's difficult to decipher how the game would have panned out .

Are Hibs a decent team  ? : No, Never seen anything to tell me they are anything but a shower of thugs.

Was it a sending off ? : Not seen it on TV only seen it at real time and have my doubts.

Are Rangers playing well ? : No, We are there for the taking .

Would Rangers win the game if Hibs has 11 on the park ? : Debatable

Do HMFC have anything to fear coming to Ibrox ? : Defo NO !!

Will Rangers win the Championship ? : What a stupid question, of course we will 😂  

12 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Neil McCann also spoke clearly about it.    Objectively,   when you see it from the clearest angle it’s a red.    I get the views about OF bias but putting that to one side,  and that it happens to he a Hibs player…he goes over the ball. at speed,  shows his studs and he is not in control.  Refs  should give these as reds.   Seems a pretty clear cut referring decision.   There are a couple of angles where it looks harsh but we should look at the best angle, not the worst angle to see what actually happened.   This is not evidence of bias anyway,  evidence of bias would be an OF player doing a similar tackle and it not being a red,  which is a separate argument…and does happen at times of course but it seems to be clouding the debate somewhat on this thread.  

Weirdly any time i have watched a stream from Rangers TV the commentators have been fair.

Straight red all day long. Ref got it right , slid in with leg straight for up and ankle height , if he connects it’s an ankle breaker. Jack Ross  is having a laugh with his comments, SG was spot on with his .

Here's a stat to chill you on The Rangers: they've went 67 domestic games without a single red card but have had 4  applied retrospectively. Last 7 games in Europe they have rcvd 4 red cards.

Think about how bent our game is. 

Edited by JackLadd

2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Here's a stat to chill you on The Rangers: they've went 67 domestic games without a single red card but have had 4  applied retrospectively. Last 7 games in Europe they have rcvd 4 red cards.

Congrats on having stats that are irrelevant to todays incident 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Congrats on having stats that are irrelevant to todays incident 

I wasn't talking about that incident.

25 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Be interesting to know how many penalties conceded at home as we scored one against them when pressley converted it and it was the first there for 7 years.

Stuff the relevance to today's game, 67 domestic games with Morelas in the team is shocking...

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Largo said:

Difficult one to give an honest opinion on, with the spoon burners getting a player sent off it's difficult to decipher how the game would have panned out .

Are Hibs a decent team  ? : No, Never seen anything to tell me they are anything but a shower of thugs.

Was it a sending off ? : Not seen it on TV only seen it at real time and have my doubts.

Will Rangers win the Championship ? : What a stupid question, of course we will 😂  

👍

1 hour ago, Largo said:

Obviously,with your obligatory 12th man?  
we live in hope around here 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻.    🤞🏻
id like to wish you n yours luck but 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮.    🤮

3 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Did he actually touch him? Watch the second video, it's slowed way down but I can't actually see any contact

Irrelevant…if you swing a right hook, you’re getting sent off whether it’s a fresh air swipe or you break his nose.

studs showing, over the top…red card, contact or not.

6 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Did he actually touch him? Watch the second video, it's slowed way down but I can't actually see any contact

Doesn't matter if he touched him or not - it was dangerous, came flying in out of control, with straight leg, studs up and intent to injure the player!

That is a red!

2 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

Irrelevant…if you swing a right hook, you’re getting sent off whether it’s a fresh air swipe or you break his nose.

studs showing, over the top…red card, contact or not.

Not really what I'm asking though, yes it's serious misconduct or whatever it's called but did he dive as well? People saying there was contact but I can't see any

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

If he catches the player it's a career ender. 

It's a red nowadays, but if that's at the other end and he gets the ball like that it's a yellow imo. 

The Boy is a dafty. 

4 hours ago, part_time_jambo said:

Agree. It looks like he was targeting the opponent. The ball just happened to be in the vicinity.

They (James McFaddden or Richard Foster) said on Sportscene that Morelos had kicked Porteous just before and thought he was looking for revenge. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Shocking tackle! Red all day long!

E87DC15A-92D7-4C29-8DC1-3386EFE89BF8.jpeg

A leg breaker, even Kevin Thomson who tried to defend him said he tries to hurt people in these challenges. Pound shop Yogi Hughes with a style that’s long gone in football. 

33 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Be interesting to know how many penalties conceded at home as we scored one against them when pressley converted it and it was the first there for 7 years.

Stuff the relevance to today's game, 67 domestic games with Morelos in the team is shocking...

Unbelievable isn't it, but they go into Europe and get zero favours, 4 reds in 7 last games.

Just to go back to today, apparently Walsh has "reffed" them 7 times and sent off 6 opposition players. He's old school Dallas Snr, Rowbotham, Kenny Clark... 

Edited by JackLadd

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Doesn't matter if he touched him or not - it was dangerous, came flying in out of control, with straight leg, studs up and intent to injure the player!

That is a red!

Exactly, the sooner ex players, pundits, commentators, fans, players and managers realise this the better, it’s been nearly ten years now. 

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

The Sheep are going to get in a bit of bother here!

4204CEDA-2FD9-43FF-9CB3-1E9A2BDF3D71.jpeg

I think they might ask why Madden didn’t yellow card the already booked Jota for running off the pitch to their fans after scoring. 

On other matters in Scottish football -

Dunfermline rock bottom - Peter Grant Manager.

Pleasing! 😊

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

A leg breaker, even Kevin Thomson who tried to defend him said he tries to hurt people in these challenges. Pound shop Yogi Hughes with a style that’s long gone in football. 

Roofe goal offside also. You can take the hun side now but it will be us next time on the end of this cheating.

a49f8e90287e2ad72e54bf853f29e821.jpg

2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Roofe goal offside also. You can take the hun side now but it will be us next time on the end of this cheating.

The hun side. Are you alright. Apparently McGregor was playing him on as he was deeper by about 2yards - Source a hibs fan at the game. 

As for going back to today. It doesnt matter a **** of Walsh sooks Gerrards balls daily , the decision to red card Porteous was correct despite all the bluster and shite you and several others on here and hobos online have come out with. 

15 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

“us”! 😂

1 minute ago, sadj said:

The hun side. Are you alright. Apparently McGregor was playing him on as he was deeper by about 2yards - Source a hibs fan at the game. 

As for going back to today. It doesnt matter a **** of Walsh sooks Gerrards balls daily , the decision to red card Porteous was correct despite all the bluster and shite you and several others on here and hobos online have come out with. 

Not sure there were any Hibs fans at the game. Shows clear as day it was offside, no buffoon source needed. 

I get the diets here are for them vs Hibs but if that was Halket making that challenge next time out and getting sent off you'd be raging and don't tell me otherwise.   

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

That’s two offside goals worth 4 points that has them top 🤦🏽

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, sadj said:

McGregor is in the photo in front of him.