Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, sadj said:

Yep , Too many people seem to be taking its not a red because a Rangers player wouldn’t have been red carded for it. Irrelevant

Yeah I thought folk being harsh as a Hibs player but we got there in the end.

Hibs however, didn't.

Just now, Costanza said:

Yeah I thought folk being harsh as a Hibs player but we got there in the end.

Hibs however, didn't.

🤣👍🏻

5 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Definite Red. Pub football type tackle. 

Don't worry. Why? Because that pathetic excuse of a 'top' defender will be joining all of the other supposedly 'great' Hibs players sitting in the pub reminiscing whilst knowing fine well that he's nowt but a huddy.

I honestly cannae decide who is 'top of the list', but O'Connor, for me, takes the biscuit. The list is growing ... 😄

2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Don't worry. Why? Because that pathetic excuse of a 'top' defender will be joining all of the other supposedly 'great' Hibs players sitting in the pub reminiscing whilst knowing fine well that he's nowt but a huddy.

I honestly cannae decide who is 'top of the list', but O'Connor, for me, is the soggiest biscuit. The list is growing ... 😄

Ftfy 😉

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

I honestly cannae decide who is 'top of the list', but O'Connor, for me, takes the biscuit. The list is growing ... 😄

He definitely  takes the biscuit, whole packets of them.

See the source image

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Before the red card 🤣

The internet is quality.

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Ftfy 😉

If Porteous was a Rich Tea biscuit then he'd simply melt. I'm SO, SO happy that he's not on our team.

Now that the dust has settled its been a decent weekend for us .

Imo our mini league is with Hibs, Aberdeen and Motherwell and they all lost.

Got to be happy with that .

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He definitely  takes the biscuit, whole packets of them.

See the source image

Oops! Just choked on my KitKats ... 😁

Ps ... a fine figure of a man. 🤭

Edited by Wee Mikey

part_time_jambo
46 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I don’t think it’s contentious at all, its straight red all day, went in with too much pace ! studs up and he was above the ball.. no he didn’t catch him BUT he could have.  It was dangerous and out of control.. 

the controversial bit is - would a rangers player have been sent off? I think not 

Agree. It looks like he was targeting the opponent. The ball just happened to be in the vicinity.

4 minutes ago, ramrod said:

At last! A sensible comment. You must be sober? 😄

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Probably, but we can all dream a bit more while we are in about the top.

40 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Think it was Maldini who said a defender has already made a mistake if he goes to ground.  

And Csaba Lazlo to Robbie at a Q&A, I was at.

CS, taps RN on the thigh.

'You are no good to me on your arse'

Or words along those lines.

No doubt will be hun out on Sportscene. Amazes me they can have paid Rangers TV employees sat there like Kerr and McCann every week. Not as if they are in dispute with this same mob or anything. 

4 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

We have Bonnar on one side and Richard Gordon on the other.  Sportsound is biased as ****.

Bonnar not actually biased . He is only interested in youknowwho 

Think there should be a colemansballs type thread for him

He had a few ballsups today as well as the ones I mentioned

Doidge/Doig 

Glass need to learn about this league (referencing) comments about Ange not knowing Scottish football 

Probably more 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Straight leg off ground does him imo

Gambo - if Beni gets sent off for that next game we are all absolutely raging at the ref. I don’t care about Hibs but that is harsh as ****.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I appreciate the sending off allows us all to laugh at Hibs but people advocating that sliding tackles are stupidity on the part of any defender in fairly desperate attempts to support the sending off are talking utter shite.

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Thank **** he went on his arse in the cup final. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
10 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Csaba was a pish poor manager. Robbie was of use to us on his arse when stopping a Gretna goal.

Get your head straight man FFS. Yep, whoopee do a Hibee got sent off. Yay! Doesn’t mean you change your whole perspective on football just to rub it in.

13 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Pretty much what Paolo Sergio said to Ian Black. And no coincidence Black then had the season of his life before reverting to type. 

It was probably a sending off. If anything I hope our players are watching because that happens at almost any other ground in Scotland then it's maybe not as cut and dry as it would be at Ibrox.

Porteous has completely ****ed the game for them today IMO and at worse it would have been a draw. 

Nothing to fear in two weeks time but perfect example of what your up against at Ibrox.

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Hearts Ladies came from 2-0 down to beat Aberdeen ladies 3-2 away from home.

Oh well, highlights on Monday at 7pm. As we won, will watch and enjoy.

Jolly good weekend.  Hearts, Hearts women, Hickey.  Snottery tears for Hibernian, Motherwell and Aberdeen.

Not perfect of course because the OF both won but they got thrashed during the week.

Tickety.

11 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I appreciate the sending off allows us all to laugh at Hibs but people advocating that sliding tackles are stupidity on the part of any defender in fairly desperate attempts to support the sending off are talking utter shite.

You dont understand the current rules or are trolling. It was utterly stupid , dangerous , reckless and out of control.

jamboinglasgow

Its a clear red. The goes with his foot up at speed at shin height. It doesn't matter if he got the ball or does not connect with the Rangers player, it is still dangerous. 

But its hardly surprising that its Porteous, he is a clogger of a defender. He is not a skilled defender, he thumps into tackles and challegenges and boots the ball out rather than play it out. Because he wound up Rangers players in a few games a few seasons ago, people confused that with ability.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, sadj said:

You dont understand the current rules or are trolling. It was utterly stupid , dangerous , reckless and out of control.

Moore should have been sent off then against Motherwell?

15 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Gambo - if Beni gets sent off for that next game we are all absolutely raging at the ref. I don’t care about Hibs but that is harsh as ****.

No wed be ****ed off at the dumb brainfart that Beni had to cost us the game. Benis not the same muppet Porteous is though. Jack Ross says yh i get why it was a red and you are still arguing it. Wonder what Sportscenes take on it will be id wager as it’ll be ex pros theyll think red and dangerous.

I’ve watched it a few times and still undecided. What is clear is from the refs angle of view  it doesn’t look that bad. The view from the other side looks a red possibly.

I’d be raging if that’s our player getting a red there though for that.  Hibs were in control and it stinks as per usual.  The 50,000 orcs howling for it when there’s no away fans in the stadia. 
selfishly I’m glad Hibs lost obviously as in the real world we look to be competing with them directly this season for whatever position. But that for me should of been a yellow and a word from the ref.

porteous is a thug though so in that regard it’s hardly surprising and also Hibs we’re going in hard for every ball (which u need to do there)

Edited by 1971fozzy

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Moore should have been sent off then against Motherwell?

Moore didnt make a challenge like that so no. You have lost it

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

I’ve watched it a few times and still undecided. What is clear is from the refs angle of view  it doesn’t look that bad. The view from the other side looks a red possibly.

I’d be raging if that’s our player getting a red there though for that.  Hibs were in control and it stinks as per usual.  The 50,000 orcs howling for it when there’s no away fans in the stadia. 
selfishly I’m glad Hibs lost obviously as in the real world we look to be competing with them directly this season for whatever position. But that for me should of been a yellow and a word from the ref.

Even Ross said he understands why its a red. To go in straight legged , over the ball (his hamstring won the ball) , studs up , out of control etc is a red under the rules now. Its a tackle that endangered the opponent. If he connected thats a leg breaker , if thats on me id be off too for him trying to do me. If its one of my players im going off on him in the changing room. 

Harry Potter
2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Its a clear red. The goes with his foot up at speed at shin height. It doesn't matter if he got the ball or does not connect with the Rangers player, it is still dangerous. 

But its hardly surprising that its Porteous, he is a clogger of a defender. He is not a skilled defender, he thumps into tackles and challegenges and boots the ball out rather than play it out. Because he wound up Rangers players in a few games a few seasons ago, people confused that with ability.

Just watched it 100% sending off, his foot was up, studs showing and he was reckless, out of control.

Cant believe some thinking this was not a red.

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Even Ross said he understands why its a red. To go in straight legged , over the ball (his hamstring won the ball) , studs up , out of control etc is a red under the rules now. Its a tackle that endangered the opponent. If he connected thats a leg breaker , if thats on me id be off too for him trying to do me. If its one of my players im going off on him in the changing room. 

I get what your saying. What’s clear is that he really didn’t need to make that challenge like that and give the ref a decision. That’s porteous though. It’s why he should never play for Scotland either. He makes arsehole decisions that aren’t needed. Yep if that’s my teammate I’m not happy. It happens to often with him. He’s a bombscare that’s for sure 

Geoff Kilpatrick

I've not seen any of it but given that Porteous seems to try and model himself on Yogi Hughes, and is a poor imitation, he deserves all he gets.

As much as I hate them both, especially Hibs, I'm not seeing how that's a red card. He makes a last ditch slide to win the ball, doesn't touch the player.  Maybe the studs being up were dangerous, but if one of our players got sent off for that same challenge, we'd be seething. 

5 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I get what your saying. What’s clear is that he really didn’t need to make that challenge like that and give the ref a decision. That’s porteous though. It’s why he should never play for Scotland either. He makes arsehole decisions that aren’t needed. Yep if that’s my teammate I’m not happy. It happens to often with him. He’s a bombscare that’s for sure 

💯 didnt need to make the challenge. Ross talking him up for Scotland is mental. 👍🏻 Agreed

44 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

At last! A sensible comment. You must be sober? 😄

43 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Probably, but we can all dream a bit more while we are in about the top.

If we are in and around the top at the split we definitely have the squad to dream and challenge for the title but history tells us we will drop of a bit before then .

Malinga the Swinga

Haven't seen any of their game or highlights, but as it is Hibs player, I am 100% convinced it was a deserved straight red.

I'd be raging if a Hearts player got sent off for that...because I'm a Hearts fan and were allowed to be bias.

It's clearly a straight red. People saying other wise maybe have a bias too 🤔

40 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

https://twitter.com/DMcIver22/status/1444683997179785228?s=19

It's an absolute  stone wall red card,  he is out of control and one day he will break somebody's leg. The fact that we would put on our maroon specs next week is irrelevant. 

22 minutes ago, sadj said:

No he doesn't, at least quote what Ross actually says.