*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

1 minute ago, Clark Griswold said:

Aye but he’s worth 5 million likesay 

Pretty sure you're missing a 1 before that. 15 million or no deal.

• Replies 63k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Only time will tell. 

If we finish above Hibs by a point or two then yes it will have been. 

If rangers win the title over us by a point or two then it wouldn't have been. 

:spoton:

Anyone seem a proper angle for Roofes goal? Rangers TV apparently don't have a camera down the line, looked like it was close unless there was a stray hibee playing him on 

Hibs losing is always enjoyable.

But Rangers one point worse off than the same time last season suggests they maybe aren't as poor as some people seem to believe.

Malinga the Swinga

Never a bad result when those ***** from the grotto lose. 

Creepy Jack will be upset which also pleases me.

A_A wehatethehibs
14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Only time will tell. 

What matters is what we do inside our control. Can't do any more than we've done. Unbeaten, 18 points. If we want to be above Rangers we have to go to Ibrox and beat them. That's true irrespective of what time in the season it is. If there's one thing Hearts fans know it's expect no favours from any other fixtures. I always assume the other games will not favour us. But if we win ours, that doesn't matter. 

2 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

But Rangers one point worse off than the same time last season suggests they maybe aren't as poor as some people seem to believe.

They ain't poor they just haven't clicked into gear yet.Hopefully they don't for a while and we can get something against them.How many titles have you seen them ( the old them ) win throughout the years where they haven't looked great.Simple fact is these ****s know how to win games.

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

What matters is what we do inside our control. Can't do any more than we've done. Unbeaten, 18 points. If we want to be above Rangers we have to go to Ibrox and beat them. That's true irrespective of what time in the season it is. If there's one thing Hearts fans know it's expect no favours from any other fixtures. I always assume the other games will not favour us. But if we win ours, that doesn't matter. 

We need to go to Ibrox and have a go  and not park the bus.

If we do, we lose.

Rangers are no great shakes that's for sure.

Massive game for us. 

Time to be philosophical not wonder about how it might affect things 30 games away. Somebody won that was expected to is all that's happened. Sorry if the result didnae  go the way you wanted anyone. Them's the breaks

So, we go to Ibrox with some expectation. We have had this in the past and then we don't turn up. This time we have!! to take the game to them no ifs or buts, go for the throat, all or nothing it has to be....HHGH!!

Harry Potter
3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

If we do, we lose.

Massive game for us. 

The biggest yet, in Bob we trust.

Think this is actually a decent result  tbh, H1b5 getting beat will hopefully knock the wind out of their sails and the pre Xmas h1b5 collapse can come early this year! Realistically as others have said our target is still 3rd but then again, even though sevco won tonight they still needed h1b5 to get a man sent off before they could break them down, which makes me think that if we can keep our composure and discipline at the back through there then getting a result isn't beyond us.

3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

If we do, we lose.

Massive game for us. 

This. But let’s not take a spanking. That would crush morale. Play properly as we have been doing. Defend as well as we possibly can. Get out and attack when we can. Above all take whatever chances come. If we win great. If we rob a point, good. If we lose narrowly - meh. If we get our arses handed to us - potentially damaging.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yip, keep our own house in order and we'll do OK. 

1 minute ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Think this is actually a decent result  tbh, H1b5 getting beat will hopefully knock the wind out of their sails and the pre Xmas h1b5 collapse can come early this year! Realistically as others have said our target is still 3rd but then again, even though sevco won tonight they still needed h1b5 to get a man sent off before they could break them down, which makes me think that if we can keep our composure and discipline at the back through there then getting a result isn't beyond us.

There is actually nothing to fear this season from the arse cheeks.

It's just about having the belief.

Playing the rangers or Celtic is what it is... The way we stay at the top is to ensure we get results playing all the rest... Just like the rangers and celtic

13 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

Anyone seem a proper angle for Roofes goal? Rangers TV apparently don't have a camera down the line, looked like it was close unless there was a stray hibee playing him on 

My first thought was he was OFF, haven’t seen it from any other angle though.

1 minute ago, micole said:

So, we go to Ibrox with some expectation. We have had this in the past and then we don't turn up. This time we have!! to take the game to them no ifs or buts, go for the throat, all or nothing it has to be....HHGH!!

Hearts should be intense in their play but also have confidence to also be relaxed. Got to play on the front foot though from the start cos if you don't its hard to pick it up.

The Premiership is 38 games long.  There are only 8 games against the OF, we have already beaten Septic once.  Win against the rest and it does not really matter about the OF who will drop points.

2 minutes ago, micole said:

This. 

There's no shame going to Glasgow and getting beat. If you're going to go down, at least go down swinging, there is some nobility in that. Get at them from the first whistle, worst case scenario we lose three points and a couple of goals. Best case, giving Der Hun a good skelping.

Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

There is actually nothing to fear this season from the arse cheeks.

It's just about having the belief.

Dundee Utd have set the standard for visiting Glasgow, they were brilliant at Parkhead.

HeartsandonlyHearts
10 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

We must be pretty decent too as we’re 18 points better off. Next game is huge. 2 points ahead or 1 point behind them after that game has to be the goal. Don’t want to be 4 points behind those cheating bar stewards.

13 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

:leveinnaturalorder:

Hearts win, Hibs lose. 

Natural order indeed :smuggy:

7 minutes ago, micole said:

I want to see Neilson giving the players the same speech that Aragorn gave the Men of the West in Return of the King before coming out the tunnel at Ibrox.

As funny as it may be, Hibs' red card was not a foul, never mind a red card. Our shitebag referees will ensure that this league remains a two horse race. 

Just now, AuldReekiee said:

As funny as it may be, Hibs' red card was not a foul, never mind a red card. Our shitebag referees will ensure that this league remains a two horse race. 

It really was. It wasnt in 1985 in 2021 it is. There was no ref bias there. If that was a Hearts player id be ****ed off at him as i said earlier not the ref. 

8 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Agree. Also If hubz had won rangers would be trying even harder in their next home game against us

1 minute ago, AuldReekiee said:

Rangers losing and opponent sent off for not committing a foul.

Think I might have heard this one before.

Would love us to thrash them in front of a proper referee.

We went to Ibrox in the 85/86 season and strolled it on the ice with a JC double.

That attitude needs to be the same for us to do anything.

We have an excellent team like we did back then so there is nothing to fear with the right mindset.

5 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Rangers losing and opponent sent off for not committing a foul.

Think I might have heard this one before.

Would love us to thrash them in front of a proper referee.

Doug it was a red. 

7 minutes ago, sadj said:

It really was. It wasnt in 1985 in 2021 it is. There was no ref bias there. If that was a Hearts player id be ****ed off at him as i said earlier not the ref. 

Nope. He slides in to scoop up the ball and does so without making contact with any player.

Foul? No.

Red card? You must be streaming. 

5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I note that the Hearts FC Twitter team are on the ball this evening.

i like this one from the hearts twitter

kingantti1874
11 minutes ago, AuldReekiee said:

hearts and rangers ? 

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

hearts and rangers ? 

Newco and Celtic.

I'd be surprised if any professional refs would intentionally favour the old firm out of their own preferences but I do think they will bend over to the pressure at ease. It has got worse since Steven Gerrard became their manager, I have no doubt about it. Too many of our referees are spineless.

36 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Only time will tell. 

It's difficult to argue against that viewpoint. The fact is that both The Rangers and Celtic won today. History tells us that it's those two more than any other team dropping points that'll ever give anyone else a look-in.

Aberdeen have lost the plot and yet could've had Celtic dropping 2 points. Similarly, Hibs (who I genuinely believe will drop off and have benefited already via fortunate reffing - that can't last) have just done what they're experts at and totally Hibsed it. If I was Jack Ross then that huddy, grinning Porteous would be getting his ass kicked for the next two weeks. Mind you, thanks to him it almost ended 1-1 which was my prefered outcome.

28 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

☝That also. We can only influence things via our own games. The fact is that if we keep winning then fine. Nowt to fear going to Ibrox.

I'm only (mildly) miffed seeing as thanks to a typical 'Hibsing' we're not top of the SPFL.

14 minutes ago, sadj said:

If this challenge happens against Dundee or Ross Country is he getting sent off for that? I seriously doubt it.

Shitebaggery in its purest form from Nick Walsh.

19 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Hearts win, Hibs lose. 

Natural order indeed :smuggy:

That's always a good weekend!!  FTH

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

It's difficult to argue against that viewpoint. The fact is that both The Rangers and Celtic won today. History tells us that it's those two more than any other team dropping points that'll ever give anyone else a look-in.

Aberdeen have lost the plot and yet could've had Celtic dropping 2 points. Similarly, Hibs (who I genuinely believe will drop off and have benefited already via fortunate reffing - that can't last) have just done what they're experts at and totally Hibsed it. If I was Jack Ross then that huddy, grinning Porteous would be getting his ass kicked for the next two weeks. Mind you, thanks to him it almost ended 1-1 which was my prefered outcome.

☝That also. We can only influence things via our own games. The fact is that if we keep winning then fine. Nowt to fear going to Ibrox.

I'm only (mildly) miffed seeing as thanks to a typical 'Hibsing' we're not top of the SPFL.

Yip. 

100%