*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

3 minutes ago, AuldReekiee said:

If this challenge happens against Dundee or Ross Country is he getting sent off for that? I seriously doubt it.

Shitebaggery in its purest form from Nick Walsh.

Aye because Ben Banks says he canna understand it it must be a biased ref. Boys a walloper. That is red under the rules , would it be applied against other teams if Porteous made the same challenge I dont know but its irrelevant.

Youve been given so many reasons on the thread why its a red if you cant understand the reasoning pointless continuing

2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

No contact on the boy. I bet we get the same next week, the fix is in the for these *******s no doubt after that.

Contact does not matter , how many times does that need explained today. 

• Replies 63k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Aye because Ben Banks says he canna understand it it must be a biased ref. Boys a walloper. That is red under the rules , would it be applied against other teams if Porteous made the same challenge I dont know but its irrelevant.

Youve been given so many reasons on the thread why its a red if you cant understand the reasoning pointless continuing

You're wasting your breath. I well remember numerous instances of Hearts players getting a straight red whereby there was no contact whatsoever. High tackles (Sow?) Going over the ball with studs up (several).

If a player 'skips' a red card challenge, or isn't caught fully then it's still a red card.

33 minutes ago, AuldReekiee said:

As funny as it may be, Hibs' red card was not a foul, never mind a red card. Our shitebag referees will ensure that this league remains a two horse race. 

When you see it from the clearest angle it is a red.   Foot over the ball, studs showing and no contact with the ball as his foot is over it.   His hamstring or back if his leg hits the ball.    Difficult one to defend,  right decision in my view. 

Rick Sanchez

Lack of contact doesn't make it less dangerous play. He wasn't sliding in to block a ball up the line. He went sliding in at pace, studs up with a straight leg in close proximity to an opponent.

Straight red.

jambo-in-furness
8 minutes ago, sadj said:

9 minutes ago, sadj said:

you just know that Beni or Devlin or both will be yellow carded first tackle they make when we go west.

Hibs we’re the better team today until the ref decided to take his part.

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Probably more disappointing is we know no Rangers player is getting binned for that.  That's  where the issue is.

☝speculation ... based on experience! 👍

17 minutes ago, AuldReekiee said:

If this challenge happens against Dundee or Ross Country is he getting sent off for that? I seriously doubt it.

It looks like a misstimed tackle from porteous even if it doesn't connect with the bun player, we just need to make sure we don't give the ref a decision to make in two weeks time, as I said, keep our composure and discipline especially in defence and we can get a result through there.

1 hour ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Deserved a red card. Have seen it from a couple of different angles now.

After seeing other angles I'm more coming round to your opinion.

On that initial viewing I didn't see he had gone over the ball, so based on letter of the law, can see why given

Let's agree that it was at least contentious.  No surprise that it went new rangers way when they were losing.

I actually think Porteous will be a decent player but he is going to wipe somebody out .

Straight leg studs up and high has been and should be red.

You will get booked anywhere even if the ball is won.

Definite red and someone needs to have a word .

Whether a referee would have sent Rangers player off or not doesnt mean it was wrong to send Porteous off.

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

Let's agree that it was at least contentious.  No surprise that it went new rangers way when they were losing.

Nope.

Dangerous type of tackle.

Porteous has a bad habit of them.

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, AuldReekiee said:

It's a soft red. 

That porteous is shite tho, dives in all the time. Boy is a thug, he'll end some poor lads career with the way he does this. 

Needs slapped. 

8 minutes ago, Costanza said:

On that initial viewing I didn't see he had gone over the ball, so based on letter of the law, can see why given

Straight leg off ground does him imo

1 minute ago, Ked said:

Nope.

Dangerous type of tackle.

Porteous has a bad habit of them.

I don't disagree with that and it was a poor decision by a player with thuggish tendencies.  Instead of flying in like that, all he had to do was block his path.  Or pick his pocket if it was Beni.  🤣

7 minutes ago, Costanza said:

McCann - he's trying to do Aribo there after saying he's gone for the ball? Which is it?

Didn't see any intent from Porteous except to get the ball which he did. We've seen Morelos let off for a kick at an Aberdeen player lest we forget, rescinded by a panel of Rangers supporters.

Edited by JackLadd

6 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

No, let's don't. Straight red with Porteous ham-stringing his team for 45 mins +.

kingantti1874

I don’t think it’s contentious at all, its straight red all day, went in with too much pace ! studs up and he was above the ball.. no he didn’t catch him BUT he could have.  It was dangerous and out of control.. 

the controversial bit is - would a rangers player have been sent off? I think not 

16 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

You're wasting your breath. I well remember numerous instances of Hearts players getting a straight red whereby there was no contact whatsoever. High tackles (Sow?) Going over the ball with studs up (several).

If a player 'skips' a red card challenge, or isn't caught fully then it's still a red card.

👍🏻

15 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Probably more disappointing is we know no Rangers player is getting binned for that.  That's  where the issue is.

Thats a different convo but yep , highly unlikely any OF player would see red for it. 

8 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Fair play, the big points of it are as has been mentioned , out of control , over the ball , straight leg , studs up , endangering the opponent. stupid stupid tackle from him that wasnt needed , i hope each player took a turn kicking him in the changing room

6 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Except it wasnt

4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Hearts Ladies came from 2-0 down to beat Aberdeen ladies 3-2 away from home.

Was an awesome result , was refreshing twitter like **** the last few mins

Kalamazoo Jambo
10 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Thanks for keeping an open mind :thumbsup:

Yours in sport.

Clive

13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

So VAR or no VAR then

Red card not overturned as not clear and obvious error.

If only a yellow given, not overturned either as not clear and obvious.

Porteous is indisputably a 🔔end

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

I don’t think it’s contentious at all, its straight red all day, went in with too much pace ! studs up and he was above the ball.. no he didn’t catch him BUT he could have.  It was dangerous and out of control.. 

the controversial bit is - would a rangers player have been sent off? I think not 

Yep , Too many people seem to be taking its not a red because a Rangers player wouldn’t have been red carded for it. Irrelevant

4 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Didn't see any intent from Porteous except to get the ball which he did. We've seen Morelos let off for a kick at an Aberdeen player lest we forget, rescinded by a panel of Rangers supporters.

Well Hibs can appeal it then.

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

No he won't.

He's a thug, a phallus, a Vermin Cockwomble and a purple faced wank.

☝The correct analysis.

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

No he won't.

😂

I stand corrected

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Maybe Jack can write the appeal - See Ross has said he can understand why it was given as a red. 

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

No he won't.

🤣🤣

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Yep , Too many people seem to be taking its not a red because a Rangers player wouldn’t have been red carded for it. Irrelevant

Hearts player would have been booked for diving/stumbling as Aribo did. And that is not a joke.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

All the angles. Looks like a red. 

If he catches the player it's a career ender. 

It's a red nowadays, but if that's at the other end and he gets the ball like that it's a yellow imo. 

The Boy is a dafty. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Fair point. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

No he won't.

😂😂👍

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

All the angles. Looks like a red. 

Yeah, maybe not as straight forward as I'd thought it was. The first few angles look like a run of the mill tackle; the last angle looks reckless. I guess some times you'll get punished for that, other times you won't.

Time for a well placed:

"We've been practicing with 10 men and Craig Gordon's been working hard on saving penalties" like comment from Neilson.

Fat chance we're getting a fair game on the 16th.

4 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Hearts player would have been booked for diving/stumbling as Aribo did. And that is not a joke.

Na hibs v hearts - porteous does that its a red card but most likely Porteous gets yellowed 

6 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Porteous is indisputably a 🔔end

Which really, really should be part of the pundits' Sportscene analysis. In fact, just show that incident plus the final score, include your comment and show an extra two mins of Hearts dominating 'Well. 

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Agreed he was out of control and only caught his trailing leg. 

9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

They should. Aribo is not even near the ball. Anyway, it sums up how bent the game is up here. No way in the hell he gives that against them. Not looking forward to going there at all btw. Robbie better tell the lads to play it safe and give the cheats no excuse to red card us. The fact they were 1-0 down and struggling when it happened is also pertinent, you have to be super careful with any challenge when beating them there.

Edited by JackLadd

John Findlay

In this day and age its a Red card.

In Scotland its a Red card for all non OF players against OF players, but not the other way round.

How many times did we see Scott Brown commit tackles like that in a Celtic shirt?

A_A wehatethehibs

The primary issue with the red card is, if a Rangers player done that it’s a yellow at best. They and Celtic put in dirty tackles like that all the time. “Play on he got the ball” says the ref. That’s the problem people have with the refereeing. Any time it’s one of those, it’s typically given in Rangers or Celtics favour. So I have some sympathy. But it’s not really much of a defence of that tackle. It was a bad one and justifiable red. The issue is the double standards. 

If that was a Rangers defender is that given a red when he got the ball? ****ing no chance. And that’s why VAR is now a must. Double standards must be eliminated.

16 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I don't disagree with that and it was a poor decision by a player with thuggish tendencies.  Instead of flying in like that, all he had to do was block his path.  Or pick his pocket if it was Beni.  🤣

Think it was Maldini who said a defender has already made a mistake if he goes to ground.  

27 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Porteous in microcosm.

Rash, careless.

He could have had a red 90% of the time ive seen him. Any hobo should be thinking about that and how theyre lucky he and Boyle dont spend half their season suspended rather than moaning about the ref. The sfa do plenty to help them regularly including about 4 non penalties this season already.

12 minutes ago, martoon said:

Time for a well placed:

"We've been practicing with 10 men and Craig Gordon's been working hard on saving penalties" like comment from Neilson.

Fat chance we're getting a fair game on the 16th

And that's what concerns me. Our (free kick/foul) stats v Livi were amazing. I effin' hate it when we get 50/50's against us courtesy of home fan pressure.

36 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Definite Red. Pub football type tackle.