*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

Not watching the game. This thread is an interesting example of why VAR might not go well in Scotland. Some convinced it was a clear red, others equally convinced it wasn't. Several thinking it is an example of bias from the ref. This in a game that doesn't even involve us.

• Replies 62.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

CloustonHMFC

Red card all day long. If that was against us folk would be absolutely raging if it wasn't red. Double standards for some, either that or folk just feel the need to automatically go against any decision the OF get in their favour.

Just now, Harry Potter said:

could cost his team points now, fool.

That’s no way to talk about Clark.

What’s he ever done to you?  🤷🏿‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

An equaliser then the full-time whistle would do for me.

THIS Captain 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻.    🤞🏻

I didn’t see it. But given that it was that thug, Porteous, that was involved. I’m going to go ahead and say it was a definite red card 😁

1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

I think there was a game where Ross sent Hibs out to kick Rangers off the park. Porteous ragdolled Morelos about all night and Gerrard had a hissy fit about it. 

And according to the Hibs dafties Porteous is a comedy genius because he grinned at Gerrard. They’re a simple bunch. 

Jambo na hÉireann
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Why its a red

7FADCA51-9497-41EE-9AB1-185FDBEDCD00.jpeg

Fair point sadj. Would still need to see again, but that looks a bit worse than I thought 

Салатные палочки
Just now, Tazio said:

And according to the Hibs dafties Porteous is a comedy genius because he grinned at Gerrard. They’re a simple bunch. 

He's the new Scott Brown with that daft smile. 

1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

Not watching the game. This thread is an interesting example of why VAR might not go well in Scotland. Some convinced it was a clear red, others equally convinced it wasn't. Several thinking it is an example of bias from the ref. This in a game that doesn't even involve us.

It didn't look too bad however it's the fact it has shin height and studs out. Thems the rules, correct decision.

Porteous seems to be living in some fictional past where centre half’s spent the whole game crunching forwards and getting away with it. 

1 minute ago, Jambo na hÉireann said:

Fair point sadj. Would still need to see again, but that looks a bit worse than I thought 

Yh first glance it doesnt look as bad as it does when you see the replay but that pic covers why im sure its red. Stupid and didnt need to be done either. Disgusting challenge to make , if i was his teammate id be leathering him in the changing rooms between that and grinning about it then grinning at Gerrard. Boy needs to wake up before hes done

1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

He's the new Scott Brown with that daft smile. 

A big daftie who likes a tackle ken. Perfect

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Why its a red

For those myopic among us.  No VAR for that one.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Salient lesson for our players.

Be competitive but don’t allow the ref to have the choice of sending you off - as he will.

manaliveits105

Porky Porto an absolute clown and hammer thrower yet still talked up by the media and Clarke has had him in Scotland squads - unbelievable 

Jambo na hÉireann
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Be competitive but don’t allow the ref to have the choice of sending you off - as he will.

If only.

The refs will always find a way. 

Just now, manaliveits105 said:

Porky Porto an absolute clown and hammer thrower yet still talked up by the media and Clarke has had him in Scotland squads - unbelievable 

Ross was bigging him up saying he should be starting for Scotland this week

6 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Porteous seems to be living in some fictional past where centre half’s spent the whole game crunching forwards and getting away with it. 

That past wasn’t fictional. 

4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Yep. Bookings galore. Get good odds on one being someone's first challenge

Edited by Riccarton3

Tennant's  6's
8 minutes ago, sadj said:

Why its a red

Dirty, clumsy player.

Much like that prick McGregor in goal, absolutely no thought re the damage that their challenges on an opponent might cause..

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Jambo na hÉireann said:

If only.

The refs will always find a way. 

True - going into that game without a sending off this season makes it seem almost an inevitability - particularly if Hibs don’t lose…

Bazzas right boot

Set up nicely for a 1-1.

Big test for rangers this, if they come back and win then it shows they have something about them. 

If Hibs luck holds  out and they get a result the zombies will be in meltdown mode. 

Hibs will just sit deeper and punt it to Boyle and hope he runs with it so not much of a difference to them- tactical wise. 

manaliveits105
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Ross was bigging him up saying he should be starting for Scotland this week

Which shows the quality of creepy Jack as a manager 

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The game was harder but fouls were still called out. 

Some of them aye 

It was almost impossible to get sent off.

19 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Disagree, if you go to ground with studs showing then you are destined for a red. 

The way the game is reffed these days. Typically I'd prefer to see either yellows or nothing for reckless challenges that fail to make contact. Porteous won the ball and never touched the Rangers player (from memory). Argument to be made that he judged it perfectly and the placement of his foot and studs were irrelevant.

Jambo na hÉireann

I'm not just saying this (not even had a beer yet!) But there is really no reason we can't win the league. Our two rivals playing right now, and both look like they'd struggle to come top three in the league of Ireland 

2 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Looks like he takes the ball there.

We'd be in uproar if given against us

Just seen this. Exactly the point I'm making. 

Kalamazoo Jambo

Deserved a red card. Have seen it from a couple of different angles now.

But as he does regularly he goes in hoping he takes the other player out. He’s a dangerous player who wants to hurt opponents. 

Tough, he plays for Hibernian and therefore  is always deserving of a red.  Hopefully a few more of  them receive  the same before the end.

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

But as he does regularly he goes in hoping he takes the other player out. He’s a dangerous player who wants to hurt opponents. 

I'm not disagreeing that he's reckless but my point still stands the reaction if that was a one of our players getting a red for that.

6 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Whether right or not, I think we all know if you go chucking yourself into tackles like he does, against the OF when they're a goal down, you're being sent off. 

Refs are as bent as they come up here, and getting a result at either Ibrox or Parkhead requires you to not just beat the OF, but also the officials too. 

5 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

The way the game is reffed these days. Typically I'd prefer to see either yellows or nothing for reckless challenges that fail to make contact. Porteous won the ball and never touched the Rangers player (from memory). Argument to be made that he judged it perfectly and the placement of his foot and studs were irrelevant.

Your memory?  Stop supporting the vermin.  It was a red.

Just now, hughesie27 said:

He did launch himself to tackle the player and perhaps if he had made contact with his foot first it might have been possible to claim a hard but fair element to the challenge but he did not and took out the player.

His foot missed the ball and it came off his back thigh but by that time he had gone through with the challenge..........whether you judge it a Red card is of course a matter of opinion but it was at least a booking..............you do have to ask though why is it time and time again players lunge in when the incident is in the middle of the park and not to stop a shot on goal for example