Boycott Away Grounds.

maroonlegions

Let’s not forget to boycott any home games in League and Scottish cup games. Donate ticket cost as one off donation to FOH

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• communist

• Pasquale for King

• maroonlegions

• Chuck Berry

9 hours ago, Zico said:

If folk want to give their money to clubs that voted to expel us from the league, they should go for it. Seems mental but nowt to do with me. Hopefully it’s just a few hundred tho so the corrupt ***** spend more on stewards and policing than they make from tickets.

The only away games I’ll be at for the rest of my life will be against Rangers, ICT, Partick, Falkirk, Stranraer, East Fife and Edinburgh City. I won’t be at any other Scotland games either. I’ve got better things to do with my money. 

spot on! Liked an away day, but **** the majority now, only Hearts matter 👍

15 hours ago, BobbyCox said:

Hurting Scottish football indirectly hurts Hearts in the end. We as a country need to strengthen our game, not tear it apart.

What a load of bollocks. The game as it currently stands is broken beyond repair.

It needs absolute dismantling and rebuilding from the very bottom up.

We need to 'nurse our wrath to keep it warm...'

Bazzas right boot

If 1000 "normal" away fans put the £20 into foh, it would generate another £340k.

If it was doubled as folk thought i'll throw the price of travel and food in, then it's £680k straight into Hearts. 

If it was an average of 1.5k fans it's about £1m over the 17 games. 

15k fans firing in £40 at the sf would raise £600k

I normally spend about £200 when I go through to hampden. 

Buy a top, buy more merchandise as well. 

It may be difficult to keep up longer term ( emotions fade and folk might want to support the team and get an away day) , but we should make everyone pay this year At least, it would hurt clubs this year more as well. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

I’ve never been a fan of boycotting games. However this is different. Would be fantastic to see totally empty spaces where jambos should have been meaning the attendance might just hit 2000 - if at all. Would be some statement. 

Deans Jambo
5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

If 1000 "normal" away fans put the £20 into foh, it would generate another £340k.

If it was doubled as folk thought i'll throw the price of travel and food in, then it's £680k straight into Hearts. 

If it was an average of 1.5k fans it's about £1m over the 17 games. 

15k fans firing in £40 at the sf would raise £600k

I normally spend about £200 when I go through to hampden. 

Buy a top, buy more merchandise as well. 

It may be difficult to keep up longer term ( emotions fade and folk might want to support the team and get an away day) , but we should make everyone pay this year At least, it would hurt clubs this year more as well. 

Won't be 17 away games this season. Are we not only playing 3 rounds of fixtures in the championship?

.....your ideas good though. 

11 hours ago, Cade said:

Has to be fan-led.  

Don't give the suits another chance to charge us with something.

HMFC should not refuse tickets, but encourage fans to come to Tynie instead for beam-backs.

What are these beam backs people mention?

Not picking on you @Cade, just that they get mentioned a lot.

Surely only works if game shown on TV?

This needs to be coordinated if a boycott is to work and not just look like our away support has dwindled due to league we are in etc. I’d make it public in some way and go for an all out boycott on away games except ICT (and Falkirk). 
Different circumstances but Blackpool organised a very successful boycott of all their games , Not A Penny More, due to unhappiness with their owner. A boycott of away games would need a focus , publicity  and coordination. 

Off topic a bit, with most away games likely to have little Hearts fans, maybe towards the end of each home game we should have a rendition of “bring on the (insert next away game)” to let the players know it still matters although they won’t have a large following on the day. In the style of “bring on the hibees” the game before a derby 

complete control
8 hours ago, Jambo Mac said:

Let’s not forget to boycott any home games in League and Scottish cup games. Donate ticket cost as one off donation to FOH

correct + away cup games obviously 👍

11 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

Don’t shoot the messenger:

Celtic – No

Rangers – Yes

Motherwell – No

Aberdeen – No

Livingston – Yes

Hibs – No

St Johnstone – No

Kilmarnock – No

St Mirren – No

Ross County – No

Hamilton – No

Hearts – Yes

Dundee Utd – No

Inverness – Yes

Dundee – No

Ayr – No

Dunfermline – No

Arbroath – No

Morton – No

Alloa – No

QOS – No

Raith – No

Partick Thistle – Yes

Falkirk – Yes

Airdrie – abstained

Montrose – No

East Fife – Yes

Dumbarton – No

Clyde – No

Peterhead – No

Forfar – Yes

Cove – No

Stranraer – Yes

Edinburgh – Yes

Elgin – No

Cowdenbeath - No

Queen’s Park - abstained

Stirling Albion - No*

Annan – Yes

Stenhousemuir – Yes

Albion Rovers – No

Brechin – No

I thought Doncaster said 16 clubs supported the recon proposal? Peterhead were a yes, Morton were a yes and I think Dunfermline said yes at the final opportunity after voting against us in earlier votes. I think Hamilton were also a yes. 

8 hours ago, Jambo Mac said:

Even more important to boycott all away cup games, that way the clubs still have to give us 50% of the gate receipts. 

husref musemic
1 hour ago, munro9 said:

This needs to be coordinated if a boycott is to work and not just look like our away support has dwindled due to league we are in etc. I’d make it public in some way and go for an all out boycott on away games except ICT (and Falkirk). 
Different circumstances but Blackpool organised a very successful boycott of all their games , Not A Penny More, due to unhappiness with their owner. A boycott of away games would need a focus , publicity  and coordination. 

Good point. This needs focus as coordination over the longer term. federation or a fans representative to get the message over & KO a campaign heading up to October would be good.

"not a penny more" has a good ring to it.

13 hours ago, McCrae said:

Clubs can’t stop us. They don’t control the streaming rights for games.

Ok, I obviously don't understand how it would work. I assumed that the home club would have to allow us to install a camera to start with and can't see why anybody would agree to it, even for a fee, if it helps keep our fans away. What am I missing?

ford donald
9 hours ago, Jambo Mac said:

It will be a great thing,donate your away ticket cost to the one and only FOH.

13 hours ago, Cade said:

Has to be fan-led.  

Don't give the suits another chance to charge us with something.

HMFC should not refuse tickets, but encourage fans to come to Tynie instead for beam-backs.

Can they do anything if we refuse tickets ? Surely we are under no obligation to sell tickets for the home team, I’d assume this was done as a courtesy and agreement between the clubs to make it easier for all. Those clubs don’t deserve or courtesy or agreements any more. 

redtipsjambo

Haven’t been to away games  for years now but going to start boycotting them 😂 and send the cash to FOH

If we want an away day out we should all head through for a Partick or Stranraer home game this season. Would be nice if we are playing Ayr away and there are more fans in Stranraer than at that Fat fukkers place.  Burn the lot down except Inverness. Hope we draw Inverness twice away from home, RRvand Dundee. One ground bursting at the seams and not one fan in the other grounds  Just to show what strength in numbers and solidarity mean. 

Boab Mugabe

It should be very easy for the Club via etickets or the FoH to set up a ‘donate a ticket’ event or page on their website which can then be easily promoted over various platforms.

We need all supporters clubs to be on the same page for this to work and to ensure this message is made very clear. Vital that we stick with it when fans return.

14 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Someone needs to get hold of exactly which Championship Clubs voted us down and voted no to reconstruction. Would really like to see a massive contrast in the numbers at the likes of Falkirk & ICT vs  Raith Rovers & others...It would send such a strong message.

The original Resolution to demote us was voted for by every current Championship club except Inverness.

In the original vote Patrick also voted against. 

This is the vote that denoted us and found to be correct by the Arbitration Panel. The main reason we are now in Championship without compensation. 

2 hours ago, 1953 said:

Ok, I obviously don't understand how it would work. I assumed that the home club would have to allow us to install a camera to start with and can't see why anybody would agree to it, even for a fee, if it helps keep our fans away. What am I missing?

It's the TV companies that control the distribution of game coverage and provide the cameras. All clubs have to comply as part of our TV deal.  Hearts would need to reach agreement with the TV company to stream footage. Clubs couldn't stop it.

3 minutes ago, McCrae said:

It's the TV companies that control the distribution of game coverage and provide the cameras. All clubs have to comply as part of our TV deal.  Hearts would need to reach agreement with the TV company to stream footage. Clubs couldn't stop it.

But would streaming still apply once fans are allowed back into grounds which is what a boycott is all about obviously. I thought streaming would only be when games were BCD.

Any official streaming - whether BBC or HeartsTV would involve a payment to the home team. So it would either be an unofficial (someone with a lot of data and a decent smart phone!) or the home club would still get some money out of it.

I like the ideas of (1) putting my away cash to Hearts and then just having a day off football (apart from ICT games); (2) piling down the road when Ayr host Hearts, but going instead to the Stranraer home game; (3) watching Hearts at home then Hearts reserves at home week about.

No longer active
4 hours ago, munro9 said:

I agree ! It would almost be a slap in the face of the opposition that a group of our fans was to travel and just stand outside the grounds, with banners, handing out a boycott fanzine and encouraging those fans who intent to go into the match to reconsider.

Coordination of such “picket lines” would need some organising but it would send a message of support to us all that we still travel to support Hearts but not to bolster the coffers of the Egocentric 31.

3 minutes ago, George Cowie said:

I agree ! It would almost be a slap in the face of the opposition that a group of our fans was to travel and just stand outside the grounds, with banners, handing out a boycott fanzine and encouraging those fans who intent to go into the match to reconsider.

Coordination of such “picket lines” would need some organising but it would send a message of support to us all that we still travel to support Hearts but not to bolster the coffers of the Egocentric 31.

This just isn't going to happen and while some of us will stay away there will be others who will go (fair enough).

The point is , I'd like the club to take a stance that they will not support other clubs by selling tickets for away games. Let the tin pot outfits have the hassle of doing this for themselves and no loyalty points either (thus

de-incentivizing the  "away days"). 

8 minutes ago, George Cowie said:

As well as boycotting everyone could make a big effort to have an away day at ICT and Falkirk. Pack the stands to make a point to others. It needs coordinated and a name such as Blackpool’s “Not A Penny More” which eventually forced Royston out off the club. I met a group of guys from that campaign in Aviemore. They had taken up hillwalking to give them something to do ( they boycotted all games/merchandise etc) , they also organised a trip to a different German team every couple of months. 

Pasquale for King
13 hours ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Could the two abstentions be counted as no’s? 

They were 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, munro9 said:

As well as boycotting everyone could make a big effort to have an away day at ICT and Falkirk. Pack the stands to make a point to others. It needs coordinated and a name such as Blackpool’s “Not A Penny More” which eventually forced Royston out off the club. I met a group of guys from that campaign in Aviemore. They had taken up hillwalking to give them something to do ( they boycotted all games/merchandise etc) , they also organised a trip to a different German team every couple of months. 

It’s a good idea, we should be playing them in friendlies before the season and loaning them players if we can too. 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

This just isn't going to happen and while some of us will stay away there will be others who will go (fair enough).

The point is , I'd like the club to take a stance that they will not support other clubs by selling tickets for away games. Let the tin pot outfits have the hassle of doing this for themselves and no loyalty points either (thus

I’ve said that a few times, it will cost them money to do this too, less than it does to sell them tickets for games at Tynecastle when it’s allowed. We could say there’s no guarantee that we would get the money from these to our clubs who might go bust 🤞.

We need to get a large banner into the away section of each ground which says something along this lines of:      'Time to take your medicine' 

Rogue Daddy

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-fans-will-you-be-boycotting-certain-grounds-next-season-poll-2927015

Evening News running a poll on us boycotting away games next season. Currently 78% saying yes (Boycotting all games + Boycotting just teams that voted against), 64% (Boycotting just teams that voted against).

Of course, not everyone will want to follow the link... but I think the point is getting across.

26 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

All we need to say is that we don't have the staff to process away tickets as we're having to watch every penny.

Oh dear. How sad. Never mind.

1 minute ago, Boof said:

All we need to say is that we don't have the staff to process away tickets as we're having to watch every penny.

Oh dear. How sad. Never mind.

I had this pointed out yesterday. Would be nice to hear AB say "due to staff cuts imposed by relegation we won't be selling tickets on behalf of 3rd parties at our expense. No hard feelings. " 

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I had this pointed out yesterday. Would be nice to hear AB say "due to staff cuts imposed by relegation we won't be selling tickets on behalf of 3rd parties at our expense. No hard feelings. " 

No loyalty points would be good.

The loyal supporters are the ones boycotting.

Sure the fans going to games won't mind.  

Edited by Mikey1874

1 hour ago, McCrae said:

I reckon they could if they weren't given a slice (50%?) of the revenues.

Which negates the whole boycott idea.

Gordon Ramsay
8 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-fans-will-you-be-boycotting-certain-grounds-next-season-poll-2927015

Evening News running a poll on us boycotting away games next season. Currently 78% saying yes (Boycotting all games + Boycotting just teams that voted against), 64% (Boycotting just teams that voted against).

Of course, not everyone will want to follow the link... but I think the point is getting across.

Do you need to subscribe to vote/see results? 

5 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

The sad thing is - it's true. :( 

Rogue Daddy
1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Do you need to subscribe to vote/see results? 

No, I just opened up the link via 'NewsNow' website on my phone, and it let me click on the poll. Oddly, my computer won't let me!?

Gordon Ramsay
3 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

No, I just opened up the link via 'NewsNow' website on my phone, and it let me click on the poll. Oddly, my computer won't let me!?

Works on laptop but not phone for me 😂

kingantti1874

Don’t think list is quite correct, Dunfermline voted yes to reconstruction “albeit Because they knew it would fail and tried to salvage the away gate money” Sneaky *******s 

BerraBelieveit

Hearts have a core away fan base of 1,000 I would say - people who will go to 90%+ of away games. I would be surprised if more than half of that group boycott Hearts away games.

For it to be successful, the club would need to not accept tickets. If there are tickets on sale, fans will buy them.

I'm in the above group and I am disgusted at the whole thing but I will still go home and away. I have never once attended a Hearts fixture away from home & thought "the £25 is going to _________". I pay my money to go and support the team on the park. That will not change.

I find it quite depressing that for games like Morton, Ayr, Dunfermline away we would've took thousands and now could be lucky to break 1,000.

kingantti1874
Just now, BerraBelieveit said:

Hearts have a core away fan base of 1,000 I would say - people who will go to 90%+ of away games. I would be surprised if more than half of that group boycott Hearts away games.

For it to be successful, the club would need to not accept tickets. If there are tickets on sale, fans will buy them.

I'm in the above group and I am disgusted at the whole thing but I will still go home and away. I have never once attended a Hearts fixture away from home & thought "the £25 is going to _________". I pay my money to go and support the team on the park. That will not change.

I find it quite depressing that for games like Morton, Ayr, Dunfermline away we would've took thousands and now could be lucky to break 1,000.

Last time in the championship it was more like 3-4K.. I think you will be lucky to see 300 for most away games.. which will dwindle because there will be no atmosphere and no point

OmiyaHearts
4 minutes ago, BerraBelieveit said:

Depressing for the other clubs, not depressing for us. Deny them their oxygen and watch them die.

bean counter

I agree with donating the price of an away ticket to FOH or whoever but a boycott is a passive action what we need is a positive action.

If 300 fans go to each match we want to be able to get more than that to turn up at Tynecastle on away match days. That would be news worthy.

Let's spend our money in the 1874 or the Gorgie Suite, sell tickets £ 5 a pop first pint free.

Then get it in the media

That will send a strong message to clubs on what they are missing out on

6 minutes ago, BerraBelieveit said:

Well done! I hope you are rewarded with loads of wins and knowledge that your support did make a difference to the teams performance!

Whilst I accept there will be some who will go to the away games, I’m flabbergasted that anyone would even think of going to Dundee, Raith or Ayr.

when crowds are allowed back and fixtures are known there needs to be major social media boycotting threads

SectionDJambo

I would love to use my new found freedom, due to retirement, to resume my habit of going to see Hearts away. But I just have so much bad feeling in me, as a result of this morally corrupt affair, that I am happy to give Hearts my money and go along to see a local lower league team instead.

Those clubs who consistently blocked any attempt to avert us, Partick and Stranraer from suffering unnecessarily huge financial loss, through spite and self interest, have to be made aware of the consequences of shafting us.

Hearts, as a member club, have some restrictions on what they can do. We as fans have no such restrictions on the financial harm that we can do to these clubs, whilst at the same time, diverting our cash away from those clubs to Hearts. Some say it will do us no good. I think it will give me the satisfaction of knowing that I have kicked back, when others have kicked me. It will also help Hearts cope with the financial burden this shameful episode has been designed to hit us with.

They need to know that, next time, they need to think again before being happy to join the lynch mob of the SPFL and Scottish sports media.

Honestly if people want to go I understand that, if people want to boycott I also understand that. Both groups are still Hearts supporters and I think their choices should be respected.