Boycott Away Grounds.

maroonlegions

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Deevers said:

No coincidence  - he’s obviously crapping himself about the perilous state of his own club and their two faced American owner. Close to going to the wall if the stories coming out of Dundee are correct. 

I'd like us to almost boycott Dens. Turn up, hang out outside the stadium, make noise and cost them police expenses without any away ticket money. Well, maybe a handful of away fans in the ground so they have to police test too. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• communist

• Pasquale for King

• maroonlegions

• Chuck Berry

Forever Hearts
32 minutes ago, Deevers said:

No coincidence  - he’s obviously crapping himself about the perilous state of his own club and their two faced American owner. Close to going to the wall if the stories coming out of Dundee are correct. 

I'll raise a glass the day that rancid club goes belly up. 

1 hour ago, ScoPo said:

The exception to that would be ICT in my opinion.   The only away ground I would attend.

I get that sentiment but I think it has to be blanket. All chairmen have to suffer so that the pressure for change never goes away. Picking and choosing away grounds will also dilute the idea and eventually people will just ditch the idea totally. 

Also before someone says it, if you wanna go support the side, good on you and I have no issue with that. I just think a boycott, a full boycott would send an amazing message to the SFA and the other chairs and owners. 

Bret the Hitman Hearts
35 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'd like us to almost boycott Dens. Turn up, hang out outside the stadium, make noise and cost them police expenses without any away ticket money. Well, maybe a handful of away fans in the ground so they have to police test too. 

I am definitely up for a "picket" of sorts - especially if it causes a headache for Dundee FC

We should be offering no tickets to away fans for tynecastle for the foreseable and making it a bear pit for opposition. If other clubs dont want to offer us tickets then that is up to them.

I am not sure if Budge has got the guts for this type of fight though oppositions players and staff should be afraid to come to tynecastle.

Refs aswell they should be on the top of our list for hatred.

1 hour ago, BobbyCox said:

Throwing all our toys out the pram is a better idea then? I understand that people are hurting, but what good can come of fanning the flames?

Our? Why’s your name Bobby Cox? 

Everything is great about fanning the flames, infact seeing Dens Park being burnt to the ground would be absolutely :glorious:

William H. Bonney
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

‘enjoy the game today love’. 

‘actually, I’m not going to the game, I mean I am going to Dundee but I’m going to stand outside the ground for 90 minutes chanting obscenities at a handful of stewards whilst freezing my bollocks off.’ 

‘have fun then’. 

Nookie Bear
46 minutes ago, Rods said:

We should be offering no tickets to away fans for tynecastle for the foreseable and making it a bear pit for opposition. If other clubs dont want to offer us tickets then that is up to them.

I am not sure if Budge has got the guts for this type of fight though oppositions players and staff should be afraid to come to tynecastle.

Refs aswell they should be on the top of our list for hatred.

Offer the bare minimum and charge them £50 for the privilege.

The Wrinkly Ninja

Strange that all the conciliatory moralistic pleading about working together for the good of all clubs and Scottish football begins after we have been shafted by self interest.

Self interest works 360. If the other clubs do not act in our interests then we are entitled to abandon the greater good.

Nookie Bear
Just now, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Strange that all the conciliatory moralistic pleading about working together for the good of all clubs and Scottish football begins after we have been shafted by self interest.

Self interest works 360. If the other clubs do not act in our interests then we are entitled to abandon the greater good.

True, but our vey own FoH wants to get together with other fans groups to work together for change. Not going to happen, and we should not be speaking to anyone.

Understand why fans want to boycott but how long will this be for?  Away days are one of the best things about being a football fan and although I will back it next season to make a point I’m not going to come out and say I’ll never go to another Scottish ground in my life!

Might not affect us too much in championship but a big hearts away support in the premier is probably worth a good few points in a normal season.

28 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

‘enjoy the game today love’. 

‘actually, I’m not going to the game, I mean I am going to Dundee but I’m going to stand outside the ground for 90 minutes chanting obscenities at a handful of stewards whilst freezing my bollocks off.’ 

‘have fun then’. 

😂 

Every time a chairman from any of the scum clubs pitches up he should be given a seat on his own, a soggy sandwich and a cold cup of tea at half time and sent on his way as soon as the game is over. Our own executive team should refuse hospitality from these clubs as well and sit with the handful of Hearts fans who turn up in the away end. If and when we win the Championship, no celebration, ticker tape etc. After receiving the trophy straight back off the pitch.

Obviously on the pitch the players will have to go through the normal courtesies but our owners should be making a point -every conversation with these club's owners should be a difficult one.

millerjames398
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

This idea was banded about after the extra from league of gentleman chairman of ayr united was chatting shit, i like it👍🏼

25 minutes ago, hunts said:

Understand why fans want to boycott but how long will this be for?  Away days are one of the best things about being a football fan and although I will back it next season to make a point I’m not going to come out and say I’ll never go to another Scottish ground in my life!

Might not affect us too much in championship but a big hearts away support in the premier is probably worth a good few points in a normal season.

Precisely, I don't understand it at all, its all sounding very rangersy and their 'blue pound'.

No one gave a toss apart from the media about they cring inducing threats, and no one will care this coming season as we will be lucky to have any crowds at all allowed. 

It's all just seems a bit knee jerk and embarrassing to me. I can't wait to be allowed to go back to hearts matches, home and away.

Anyone with a good sound system so that the fans can hear what’s going on inside? 

whilst I do like the notion, I’ll likely just throw an extra £20 towards FOH and still save myself money on attending the match. 

Even for games not on TV they should make sure the fans bar (and lounges if numbers demand) are open with the radio commentary blasting out. Even get the bet365 graphic on the big screen. 😂

willie wallace

What if Robbie was to come out and say he understands the anger but could the fans reconsider the boycott plan and come and support the team as we did last time in the championship?

Any takers?

6 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

What Championship clubs voted for reconstruction? Second chances and all that...

Only Dunfermline (and iCT) however theyprobably knew vote would fail as they're on the SPFL Board. Chance to look good in Hearts fans eyes £££ for Dunfermline. Yes I'm cynical.

Just now, willie wallace said:

What if Robbie was to come out and say he understands the anger but could the fans reconsider the boycott plan and come and support the team as we did last time in the championship?

Any takers?

Not for me.

I will be home and away when fans are allowed to enter when I can be. These teams never had us in the division last season so missing out on a couple ££'s won't cause them to vanish. 

If we are playing away but Partick or Stranraer have a home tie then there's an alternative for folk craving an away day.

Be curious if their stances were similar about not visiting any of the self-serving *rs3holes grounds

39 minutes ago, communist said:

Precisely, I don't understand it at all, its all sounding very rangersy and their 'blue pound'.

No one gave a toss apart from the media about they cring inducing threats, and no one will care this coming season as we will be lucky to have any crowds at all allowed. 

It's all just seems a bit knee jerk and embarrassing to me. I can't wait to be allowed to go back to hearts matches, home and away.

Very Rangers? Remember the difference between Hearts and Rangers fans when both clubs were on the brink?

We are a different breed.

47 minutes ago, communist said:

As I have said it is you own personal choice whether to go to away games. My choice is not ( apart for ICT), you can either give £20 to the likes of Ayr ect or give it to FOH ....completely up to you. As to supporting the team, as someone has already said if we cannot beat the likes of Alloa ect without away support then we really are fecked. Still may be all academic as I cannot see any crowds allowed for some time.

Edited by micole

bean counter

I only make about six away games each season so not going will not really effect me that much.

However I would be more than happy to pay £ 20 to FOH or whoever for the Dundee, Dunfermline, Ayr United, Raith games along with Dundee Utd, Ross County, St Mirren and Aberdeen games when we get back. I will go along to Tynecastle and have a couple of pints on these away days

It's been a couple of seasons since I went to Inverness but I will make the effort this year

24 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Very Rangers? Remember the difference between Hearts and Rangers fans when both clubs were on the brink?

We are a different breed.

Rangers were also trying to believe within themselves they were the same club.

heartandsoul
49 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

Any takers?

No chance

SectionDJambo
6 minutes ago, micole said:

As I have said it is you own personal choice whether to go to away games. My choice is not ( apart for ICT), you can either give £20 to the likes of Ayr ect or give it to FOH ....completely up to you. As to supporting the team, as someone has already said if we cannot beat the likes of Alloa ect without away support then we really are fecked. Still may be all academic as I cannot see any crowds allowed for some time.

This is where I am.

If any Hearts fan wants to give any of the clubs, who have been so openly spiteful towards us, their cash, then that is their choice and entitlement. I, personally, cannot stomach the thought of giving clubs like Dundee, Ayr and Raith Rovers any of my cash. Hearts will get my money instead.

The Raith Rovers case is particularly sad to me. They are a club who were heavily involved in the cause to join up for active service, along with the Hearts players and others, during another worldwide crisis. The togetherness of that dark period and the recent joint honouring of those brave lads, hopefully won't be compromised by the spineless and spiteful actions of the current custodians of Raith Rovers.

Whatever emotions Neil Doncaster should have with this shameful episode he helped to create, delight should certainly be way down the list. He and his masters have created a vacuum of trust and togetherness that will take years to repair, if ever.

husref musemic
54 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

Any takers?

nope

3 hours ago, Smithee said:

Don’t think clubs pay for Policing outside the grounds but I could be wrong?

Berra than you
57 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

Any takers?

Has he not effectively said as much already? I'm sure the day he had his media conference he was asked about the boycott and he said he understands but would obviously prefer to have backing as lots of hearts fans away from home makes a difference.  

22 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I believe Arbroath, Dunfermline and Morton voted to relegate us.

**** them.

The key is the original vote. That's what we need to go back to. 

Everything that followed was less important.

We have been demoted by the SPFL resolution as confirmed by the Arbitration Panel. 

22 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

That’s the point though. Say no fans in grounds until Xmas, then January onwards they only get their own fans through the door, that would be financial Armageddon for many of the teams in our league eg Dundee, Pars, Morton. 

Brilliant.

While Hearts go from strength to strength.

manaliveits105
4 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

This is where I am.

If any Hearts fan wants to give any of the clubs, who have been so openly spiteful towards us, their cash, then that is their choice and entitlement. I, personally, cannot stomach the thought of giving clubs like Dundee, Ayr and Raith Rovers any of my cash. Hearts will get my money instead.

The Raith Rovers case is particularly sad to me. They are a club who were heavily involved in the cause to join up for active service, along with the Hearts players and others, during another worldwide crisis. The togetherness of that dark period and the recent joint honouring of those brave lads, hopefully won't be compromised by the spineless and spiteful actions of the current custodians of Raith Rovers.

Whatever emotions Neil Doncaster should have with this shameful episode he helped to create, delight should certainly be way down the list. He and his masters have created a vacuum of trust and togetherness that will take years to repair, if ever.

Anyone who thinks (like Knobhead Doncaster) that this will all blow over is deluded - deep resentment and hatred will be held for many many years - what the spfl did was unforgiveable but Knobhead and the Raith dick gloating is beyond that and there will be consequences sooner or later .

Everybody Loves Baz!
59 minutes ago, Bluesy1874 said:

I will be home and away when fans are allowed to enter when I can be. These teams never had us in the division last season so missing out on a couple ££'s won't cause them to vanish. 

Missing the point completely.

These Pricks that shafted us in the voting, done it because they were budgeting for 3/4000 Hearts fans turning up and eating their pishy pies etc etc.

Not everyone is saying that this effort not to attend will put these teams out the game, but it will impact them greatly financially.

Go if you like superfan, but you'll have that tool I8 for company and you'll all deserve it.

Me, I'll keep pumping what cash I have into Hearts thanks.

Biffa Bacon
22 hours ago, JamboCampbell said:

Can we also assume Ann can now stop giving the old firm and hibs the full roseburn please

Only if we can fill it ourselves. We need as much cash as possible right now. We we play them next and when fans are allowed back.

1 hour ago, communist said:

When you have chairmen voting on what leagues Falkirk and Partick are in due to their support sizes they will bring you can bet your ass it would make a huge difference when we rock up with nothing but a few scabs paying to get in

But I agree with you on the other point. The talk is mostly moot as there will be no fans in grounds for a long time. 

Edited by Homme

19 hours ago, communist said:

How long do people plan on boycotting for? 

Forever? 

I remember laughing like mad when rangers done it. Did anyone care? No. Will people care or beg us to return? I don't think so. The extra money for Hearts is a positive for sure, but I'd still prefer to support the team on the day if and when I can. 

Until clubs go out of business or are harmed so badly they drop down the leagues. 

Btw the Rangers boycott was very successful. Their boycott of home games. Killed the regime and allowed Dave King to take over. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Unknown user
19 hours ago, communist said:

How long do people plan on boycotting for? 

Forever? 

I remember laughing like mad when rangers done it. Did anyone care? No. Will people care or beg us to return? I don't think so. The extra money for Hearts is a positive for sure, but I'd still prefer to support the team on the day if and when I can. 

There are limited avenues for fans to negatively affect other clubs, this seems a realistic option to hit them where it hurts. No one's forcing you to do anything, you do you.

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

There are limited avenues for fans to negatively affect other clubs, this seems a realistic option to hit them where it hurts. No one's forcing you to do anything, you do you.

I shall. Also interesting to see what kind of impact this has on numbers, there's more numbers on here on the pro boycott side of this thread than have been sat beside me at some away days over the last season or 2. 

We've struggled to get more than 300 or 400 to Pittodrie, rugby Park, celtic Park and ibrox to name a few in very recent times without a boycott. 

I'd feel pretty confident in saying some of the loudest on here about boycotting weren't really that involved in most away days anyway. Virtue signalling at its best. 

But yeah, folk can make their own minds up, the posts like 'not a true hearts fan of they choose to attend' really irks me though. 

I blame the players and management that led us into this mess way, way more than I do the spfl or its member clubs for voting for the quick money, but each to their own. 

16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Until clubs go out of business or are harmed so badly they drop down the leagues. 

Btw the Rangers boycott was very successful. Their boycott of home games. Killed the regime and allowed Dave King to take over. 

I think your idea of us having any bearing on clubs dropping down leagues because hearts fans don't go, is pure fantasy. 

We managed to be the worse team in the league over 18months and that was without any team boycotting us as far as I'm aware, its football FFS, let's do our talking on the pitch and get behind the team. 

The best way to get back at the clubs who 'wronged us' is to deprive them of league position by getting above them, not by sitting at home chucking 20 quids at hearts, cos surely after all these years we of all fans, should all realise that despite all the pledges and benefactors it's no guarantee of success on the pitch. 

1 hour ago, willie wallace said:

Any takers?

No.  When you compare our squad to the rest of the absolute guff in the Championship we should be winning every game only playing 10 men.

They shouldn't need help from supporters and should use the lack of supporters to drive them on in any case.

9 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

No.  When you compare our squad to the rest of the absolute guff in the Championship we should be winning every game only playing 10 men.

They shouldn't need help from supporters and should use the lack of supporters to drive them on in any case.

Compare our squad to most of the spfl last 2 seasons and we shouldn't have been where we are/were. 

Squad quality means nothing if they aren't motivated enough. Not sure if you've watched any of the old hearts players on open goal, but they all mentioned the support/kick up the arse they received home and away from the hearts crowds. To say they don't need the support and should win anyway is a bit too easily said and harder to achieve. 

4 hours ago, BobbyCox said:

Hurting Scottish football indirectly hurts Hearts in the end. We as a country need to strengthen our game, not tear it apart.

Hurting Dundee is good for Scottish football. 

End your stupid out of town stadium move for one thing. 

4 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

destroying the diddy clubs that shafted us will have zero effect on Hearts. In fact as I stated earlier the more diddy clubs that fold the better for Scottish football.

Lots of good clubs around to take their place.

Unknown user
9 minutes ago, communist said:

I shall. Also interesting to see what kind of impact this has on numbers, there's more numbers on here on the pro boycott side of this thread than have been sat beside me at some away days over the last season or 2. 

We've struggled to get more than 300 or 400 to Pittodrie, rugby Park, celtic Park and ibrox to name a few in very recent times without a boycott. 

I'd feel pretty confident in saying some of the loudest on here about boycotting weren't really that involved in most away days anyway. Virtue signalling at its best. 

But yeah, folk can make their own minds up, the posts like 'not a true hearts fan of they choose to attend' really irks me though. 

I blame the players and management that led us into this mess way, way more than I do the spfl or its member clubs for voting for the quick money, but each to their own. 

I do get it, there are fans who just have to go, and fair play to them, Hearts fans shouldn't slag Hearts fans for being Hearts fans. If there's a better way to feel like we're kicking them in the nuts I'd like to hear it.

Rick Sanchez

The boycott should only last for this season so the people who voted us down for our money get next to ****all. We should keep all our money in house for this season and try and ride out this pandemic and return as strong as we possibly can.

I fully understand why people might boycott for life but as a fan base, one full season to send a message and mainly to stabilise the damage that's been done.

What was the full championship vote? Only ICT that's acceptable? 

adambraejambo

Tell every club we will not take any tickets . Only do cash at the gate. Then they either say yes or no. If yes  kiosks open,  stewards and police about as well as people on the gates. Only for tiny amount to show up. Say no then makes no difference to us. 

Edited by adambraejambo
Mistake

We'll be one of the clubs hit most with CV due to our season tickets %age v. capacity.

Feck going to a shit hole stadium like Somerset where they can get in all their own season tickets plus the same again from away fans.

The club should take the same numbers of tickets from  the away clubs that Ross County took to their stadiums last time.

If folk want to give their money to clubs that voted to expel us from the league, they should go for it. Seems mental but nowt to do with me. Hopefully it’s just a few hundred tho so the corrupt ***** spend more on stewards and policing than they make from tickets.

The only away games I’ll be at for the rest of my life will be against Rangers, ICT, Partick, Falkirk, Stranraer, East Fife and Edinburgh City. I won’t be at any other Scotland games either. I’ve got better things to do with my money.