Boycott Away Grounds.

maroonlegions

1 hour ago, williamgerrard said:

Any hearts fan that steps into a team thats screwed us over aint a real hearts fan simples ps im also one of the fans who use to go to all home and away and now only going to home games they can ram there semi finals up the corrupt backside

So a fan that wants to go and cheer on Hearts in every game next season is not a Hearts fan?

:wtfvlad:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• communist

• Pasquale for King

• maroonlegions

• Chuck Berry

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

So a fan that wants to go and cheer on Hearts in every game next season is not a Hearts fan?

:wtfvlad:

It won’t affect you home or away.

1 minute ago, obua said:

It won’t affect you home or away.

I plan to go to a fair few away games.

35 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It fills me with anger that since Budge came in Hibs fans and players have been more at home at Tynie than we have.

They've certainly been more at Tynie than you have

Dagger Is Back
49 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It is all sounding so Old Firm now.

We have to be better than that. People are full of shite.  We will travel in vast numbers as usual. Just like the Huns did 7 years ago after saying the same.

Why do we have to be better than that when a season was called with 20% of the games still to play.  A mate of mine is a Villa fan. He gave them zero chance of staying up. He's still on the lash now!

If folks want to go to away games and support Hearts that is up to them. I won't think any less of them for doing so as we all know how big a part Hearts play in folks lives.

I won't be going to any of their grounds though, that is my choice and that needs respecting as much as I'll respect others choices in going away. How long will that be? For as long as I choose and if it's till the end of my days I'l be happy with that decision. FOH and Hearts will see the benefit

Now is the time for unity not division

maroonsgotop
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Boycotting is too leftie and Celtic for me. I am going to make an effort to go to a lot of away games. I feel more comfortable away than I do at Budge's stadium.  Imo the only people who feel comfortable at Ann's ground are the opposition.

yup that's what those scum clubs expect. Shaft us and yet still bank our fans money whilst laughing all the way to the bank whilst their fans laugh at those who attend. They wont get a penny of mine at their tinpot grounds 

TheGoodLord
49 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

There will never be an empty away end sadly. However, ensuring that we badly effect numbers going to the game is a win, particularly Dundee, Ayr and Raith.

For sure there will be some who will always attend and I’d defend their right to do so but it would be better to make an example of 2/3 clubs in a meaningful coordinated boycott and make a proper statement  

I want to see as much disruption to the game from both our fans and the club.  Siege mentality, make attending tynecastle as an away fan as horrendous an experience as possible.  Remember those from the press and clubs that have wronged us as make their lives as difficult as possible.  The club should be as unaccomodating as possible to all clubs that have wronged us.  Treat the Mickey Mouse competitions with contempt and put out a boys team.  When we play Celtic before their major European games give them a real battle such that they limp in to these games.  Basically become a continued nightmare for the game.

Birregrande
8 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Why do we have to be better than that when a season was called with 20% of the games still to play.  A mate of mine is a Villa fan. He gave them zero chance of staying up. He's still on the lash now!

If folks want to go to away games and support Hearts that is up to them. I won't think any less of them for doing so as we all know how big a part Hearts play in folks lives.

I won't be going to any of their grounds though, that is my choice and that needs respecting as much as I'll respect others choices in going away. How long will that be? For as long as I choose and if it's till the end of my days I'l be happy with that decision. FOH and Hearts will see the benefit

Now is the time for unity not division

This is where I'm at.  I'm not going to tell anyone what to do, but for me?  It's Gorgie spending.  Tynecastle itself and also the local businesses. 

32 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I think this would mean more coming from someone who doesn’t fly in to an impotent rage over things like womens’ football, benefits, Scottish Independence, getting up in the morning... the colour of grass... birds singing... 🙄

Not to forget his getting uptight at the prospect that donations to food banks on here might end up in the mouths of hungry Hibs children, only Jambo families were to benefit.  He's actually been quite quiet recently, but as you'd expect, the minute we lose our arbitration case, he's all over the forum criticising Ann Budge.

The boycott is a myth for next season there is going to be limited chances to go to away games. The ethos for everyclub will be there own supporters. It will be the following season we will have to protect the club. The club should be making it known that Tynecastle will only have Hearts fans. 

Edited by Rods

Birregrande
1 minute ago, Rods said:

The boycott is a myth for next season there is going to be limited chances to go to away games. The ethos for everyclub will be there own supporters. It’s next season that will count we need to protect our club. 

Of course.  Good reminder to all.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

at least social distancing will be possible for those choosing to go to away games if the majority are boycotting

of those suggesting a boycott I’m wondering how many travelled to away games normally - let’s not do something that I wasn’t doing anyway and call it a stance (for some)

4 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Not to forget his getting uptight at the prospect that donations to food banks on here might end up in the mouths of hungry Hibs children, only Jambo families were to benefit.  He's actually been quite quiet recently, but as you'd expect, the minute we lose our arbitration case, he's all over the forum criticising Ann Budge.

Maybe Mariah was due to play in Glasgow. :( 

vladisacoward

Big, big turnout at one or two grounds. ICT being a good example. As low as possible at the rest. Simple as that. Hopefully the club refuses to deal in as many ways as we can with any club bar the 16 in favour of the last joke spfl vote.

The Hogfather

I remember having a right good laugh when Rangers fans talked about the 'Blue Pound", thinking it was pompous and childish. I'm sure many others on this thread were thinking the same at the time.

portobellojambo1
5 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Daft analogy. Why would we care if it was somebody else

Is that not the whole point though. In terms of how things did eventually turn out other teams voted for what they felt was best for them and other teams fans probably didn't have any care about our position or the position of Partick Thistle, if it didn't negatively impact on them, irrespective of the fact it was wrong to call the season when it was. And I don't think for one second that if we had been middle of the table we would have voted to try and save whoever had been bottom at the time, even if the difference was only 4 pointsand the situation was saveable.

What it has all really brought to a head is that all the teams play the same game, football, at different levels, but in terms of an association of clubs that is where it ends. Everyone might be part of the same association but associated in terms of decisions and benefiting/changing the game, nah, not even close.

Gorgie_Rules

Of the 9 teams in our league do we know how each of them voted? We should sell out ICT. I believe Raith and Dunfermline were against? Two of which would usually benefit massively from big Hearts away supports.

For those that do attend i’d hope they’d have the brain to not spend a penny in the grounds. 

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

47 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I plan to go to a fair few away games.

Another reason for people not to attend these games then. 

Spitonastranger
30 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

at least social distancing will be possible for those choosing to go to away games if the majority are boycotting

of those suggesting a boycott I’m wondering how many travelled to away games normally - let’s not do something that I wasn’t doing anyway and call it a stance (for some)

I go to most away games and to all but One in the Championship. I will not be going next season. You

7 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Another reason for people not to attend these games then. 

Would sum up our club and fanbase to be fair.

Usually make it to a handful of away games in a season. I'll be going to none next season. It's a shame because I like to support my club away from home if I can but not anymore.

Nookie Bear
39 minutes ago, Rods said:

The boycott is a myth for next season there is going to be limited chances to go to away games. The ethos for everyclub will be there own supporters. It will be the following season we will have to protect the club. The club should be making it known that Tynecastle will only have Hearts fans. 

A fair point. 

Hopefully we will get the chance to open the champagne for when a few clubs go to the wall. 

All these clubs survive most seasons without Hearts fans going to their ground twice a year. Why do people think they will go under this year?

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

All these clubs survive most seasons without Hearts fans going to their ground twice a year. Why do people think they will go under this year?

Because they are almost without exception on the brink due to lockdown and closed door games. Us not going is another kick in the teeth for them. 

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You do realise we are playing until October due to the fact teams can’t afford it? 

As I said earlier we won’t be traveling in numbers anywhere anyway. Especially if a 2nd wave hits. 

RedStarRiot
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I suppose it's really down to 2 things:

1) They heavily rely on income from the gate. Any teams boycotting would have some impact and regardless even without a boycott Covid has put those clubs in difficult circumstances.

2) Some have been rubbing their hands at the prospect of big away crowds from Hearts. Potentially budgeted for this? 

gorgieheart

Instead of chat about not travelling to away games (which wont be happening anytime soon anyhoo)

How about, we support the club before a ball is kicked in anger ?

Merchandise,  new tops, season tickets, FOH contributions,  booking into the Gorgie suite for beers, eating in the Skyline... all money straight to the club..

Get the pockets emptied... 

FTH

11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

What’s better for businesses? More money or less money?

its not tricky this.  

Jamstomorrow
12 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

They may survive, but won't get the revenue they thought they would get by voting Hearts down!

Byyy The Light

How anyone would want to give that Raith chairman a single penny is beyond me. Can’t comprehend it. Stockholm syndrome. 

Felix Lighter

I look forward to the SMSM "squealing like pigs" when Hearts fans, en masse, exercise their right to vote with their feet and refuse to fund the clubs that shafted HMFC.

FTSPFL FTSFA

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
34 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

I go to most away games and to all but One in the Championship. I will not be going next season. You

normally go to all - might go to some :)

I don’t know why multiple people are engaging an obvious troll poster who will always argue the opposite of the crowd.

FWIW I wasn’t sure about the whole boycott concept right at the start however having seen the comments from multiple clubs and fans there’s no doubt in my mind I would want to travel to any stadium next year out with Caley. 

It would be nice if as fans we could send out a message however as others have mentioned there will be those who will travel regardless. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, RobNox said:

So you liked three men who left the club in a far worse position than when they arrived, but you despise a woman who has put us on the firmest financial footing we've been in in over half a century?  

the club was hours from closure with kenny Waugh circling until Wallace Mercer dragged what was a completely broken entity back to where it belonged - gave it back its self-respect

he made mistakes but to suggest he left the club in a worse state than he took over is the most ridiculous piece of nonsense I have seen for quite some time

just rubbish written on the internet - it’s an easily acquired skill

Edited by MoncurMacdonaldMercer

williamgerrard
1 hour ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

The answer to that is ive been to all away games last season and you my freind ?

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 minute ago, williamgerrard said:

The answer to that is ive been to all away games last season and you my freind ?

well done - that’s why I wrote the word “some” to allow for folk like your good self

i go to most away games

6 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

the club was hours from closure with kenny Waugh circling until Wallace Mercer dragged what was a completely broken entity back to where it belonged - gave it back its self-respect

he made mistakes but to suggest he left the club in a worse state than he took over is the most ridiculous piece of nonsense I have seen for quite some time

just rubbish written on the internet - it’s an easily acquired skill

Oh, I don't dispute that Wallace was a god send to us when he took over, we were very much on the brink, but he left us back on the brink before Robinson and Deans took over, and after Deans left, Robinson took us very much back the brink, only for Vlad to save us, then leave us even closer to the brink than we'd ever been.

My point was that all of these guys came in at a time when the situation looked dire, got us back into play, but eventually left us in even more dire circumstances, or maybe in Wallace's case, in a less dire situation than when he took over, but still dire, I'll concede that point.

As a Hearts fan of almost 50 years, I think we are in the most stable financial situation we've been in my lifetime.  You're obviously a Hearts fan who goes back a long way as well.  My whole life as a fan seemed to see us jump from one financial crisis to another, with some good years in between.

This current period under Ann Budge seems to me to be the most stable period we've had in financial terms since I first rocked up to Tynecastle, which unfortunately happened to be a certain New Years derby which we would all prefer to forget but which the wee team like to keep reminding us about.  Still, at least it was only a league game, not a cup final or semi-final.  

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Of the 9 teams in our league do we know how each of them voted? We should sell out ICT. I believe Raith and Dunfermline were against? Two of which would usually benefit massively from big Hearts away supports.

For those that do attend i’d hope they’d have the brain to not spend a penny in the grounds. 

ICT were the only team that voted against denoting us. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Oh, I don't dispute that Wallace was a god send to us when he took over, we were very much on the brink, but he left us back on the brink before Robinson and Deans took over, and after Deans left, Robinson took us very much back the brink, only for Vlad to save us, then leave us even closer to the brink than we'd ever been.

My point was that all of these guys came in at a time when the situation looked dire, got us back into play, but eventually left us in even more dire circumstances, or maybe in Wallace's case, in a less dire situation than when he took over, but still dire, I'll concede that point.

As a Hearts fan of almost 50 years, I think we are in the most stable financial situation we've been in my lifetime.  You're obviously a Hearts fan who goes back a long way as well.  My whole life as a fan seemed to see us jump from one financial crisis to another, with some good years in between.

This current period under Ann Budge seems to me to be the most stable period we've had in financial terms since I first rocked up to Tynecastle, which unfortunately happened to be a certain New Years derby which we would all prefer to forget but which the wee team like to keep reminding us about.  Still, at least it was only a league game, not a cup final or semi-final.  

Only due to nearly £20m from fans and benefactors. If the £8m figure is correct how much has Budge sticking with Levein going to end up costing us in total. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

I fall into that category, I’m sure many don’t though and our hardcore 1500-2k that go to away games will be smaller than  usual when we are allowed back into grounds, that can take that amount. 

Fourcandles

Ideally. - a united fan base giving a financial boot in the groin to those who’ve done this to us. 

In reality. - Unfortunately not a chance,  people have ridiculously short memories.

Me , I’ll  just up my monthly £ to FOH.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
13 minutes ago, RobNox said:

well that’s not such an easy skill you have - conceding a point on the internet - a rare skill indeed :)

didnt have such a traumatic first game but the most sung hearts song when I started going was “Parker must go”

as another poster has pointed out already the backing ann budge has had from the fans financially and the fact she saw evidence of this before she was deeply involved financially puts her at a clear advantage 

that’s not to say she hasn’t  done good things and been well intentioned but overall I think she’s made a right ar$e of it unfortunately

plenty including you disagree

51 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

well done - that’s why I wrote the word “some” to allow for folk like your good self

i go to most away games

I went to some of the away games last time we were in the Championship for the novelty value. Some dire grounds out there so I'll pass this time around. Not getting a penny of my money. Maybe they'll start falling down. 

Cairneyhill Jambo
2 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Dunfermline voted for us but their fans were against so stuff them. I used to go to a few of their games but not anymore. 

I can remember when we were in the championship and they were in financial trouble so we played them in a pre-season friendly and let them keep the gate money. Their fans forget about that. 

Edited by Cairneyhill Jambo

I look forward to the handful of idiot Hearts fans who attend these away games. The cameras for every match will be trained on them before kick off and at goals. 

William H. Bonney
12 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I look forward to the handful of idiot Hearts fans who attend these away games. The cameras for every match will be trained on them before kick off and at goals. 

idiot hearts fans? For supporting their team. Don’t talk shite.