Boycott Away Grounds.

maroonlegions

14 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Thanks that’s reassuring (and a refreshing post - thanks) we live in a democracy and should be able to make our own decisions! 

Chrissakes, the overwhelming majority of people who say they will boycott have been accepting of the fact there are those will who will not , as is their right.

Stop being such a drama queen. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• communist

• Pasquale for King

• maroonlegions

• Chuck Berry

Nookie Bear
57 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

It’s been happening all my life, Scottish football is a cesspit and only exists for two  Glasgow clubs. Nobody will take any notice or even care that several hundred don’t turn up to a Hearts away game. 
Anyway the ‘JKB boycott’ will not happen - whereever Hearts play there will be Hearts fans supporting them (COVID allowing) just like it’s always been!

Probably true but if the end result is we take 1000 instead of 2000 then that matters. 

pettigrewsstylist
8 hours ago, BerraBelieveit said:

I honestly think the attitude of folk is ludicrous.

Previously you attended a Hearts away game and were happy to pay £25+ for the pleasure. Did you buy your ticket and think – that’s really nice that a fellow club have got my ticket money and I hope they spend it wisely and I wish them well? No, you did not. Every single one of these clubs owners sat in the stand before all this thinking “superb, look at that away end – money right in our pockets.” You just seem to have all woke up now and are taking the huff that this is the case.

I did not like another fellow Scottish club pre Covid-19, I hated a few which has grown into an almighty list. I’m not going to refuse paying my ticket because it’s going to a club I hate. I’m paying £25 for the pleasure of watching Hearts steamroll them and send all their fans home crying that big bad Hearts hammered them.

Hearts away to Ayr. I’ve to not go because I am in a huff that my ticket money is keeping them afloat. These clubs do not need our money to survive. Hearts not taking a big travelling support is not going to kill any clubs.

I’m absolutely beyond fed up and annoyed at Scottish football and most of its’ clubs. I’m 30 though, not 6 so I will not grudge paying £25 to watch Hearts regardless of who they are playing and what will be done with my money. In 10 years you will not have the same stance and will start attending away again.

The Hearts away end will not empty as long as the clubs accept tickets. It will also not just be forty folk. We will not take thousands but will easily take hundreds.

And bin your – oh check you out super fan. Maybe just giving a bit of reality that your getting everyone to boycott is a nonstarter.

Well get yourself along there then, enjoy the open spaces and save the angst for the event. I personally wouldnt even buy a pie n bovril from these chimps now.

pettigrewsstylist
9 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

So it’s just Inverness that we can go to? Lost count 

Which means all have spare lolly to make a maroon weekend of it!!!!!!

2000 fans

£20 a head

13 away games

£520,000 back into the club

Come on to feck, it’s doable, and helps us during these horrendous financial times.

pettigrewsstylist
3 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

2000 fans

£20 a head

13 away games

Come on to feck, it’s doable, and helps us during these horrendous financial times.

It can be done!

As a regular away supporter and I hate to miss any away games,  then this will break my heart not to go. I like away days more than home days if I’m honest. Fester road 1-3 is testament to that. However by supporting my club then I will not set foot in any away ground and line their pockets except ICT. Partick and Stranraer will see my money before any of the championship  rat clubs. My money will go into our club and the price of tickets will be transferred to FOH. I’ve just told the mrs that any dining out for the foreseeable future will be at Tynecastle or we don’t eat out. Supporting your club does not always entail going to watch them away from home. You may follow your team by travelling away but supporting HMFC means helping it financially as much as you can. My conscience is clear and my motto is ‘Maroon pounds only’ from here on in! 

Edited by Saughton Jambo

37 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Chrissakes, the overwhelming majority of people who say they will boycott have been accepting of the fact there are those will who will not , as is their right.

Stop being such a drama queen. 

Ooooohh you are awful ....

edit:- 
misread. read as drag not drama😂 

Edited by Jambo-Fox

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, One five said:

Did they not vote to expel us in the first place ?

Exactly, and that was the most important vote, not one where they knew it was going to fail.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

As a regular away supporter and I hate to miss any away games,  then this will break my heart not to go. I like away days more than home days if I’m honest. Fester road 1-3 is testament to that. However by supporting my club then I will not set foot in any away ground and line their pockets except ICT. Partick and Stranraer will see my money before any of the championship  rat clubs. My money will go into our club and the price of tickets will be transferred to FOH. I’ve just told the mrs that any dining out for the foreseeable future will be at Tynecastle or we don’t eat out. Supporting your club does not always entail going to watch them away from home. You may follow your team by travelling away but supporting HMFC means helping it financially as much as you can. My conscience is clear and my motto is ‘Maroon pounds only’ from here on in! 

Well said 👍🏽👏🏾

William H. Bonney
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Partick v Airdrie 24 Oct

and 

Partick v Peterhead 19 Dec

are the ones there I'm looking to go to

20200729_224206.jpg

**** going to see another team play the same day hearts are playing. 
That’s just ****ing wrong. 

1 hour ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

Dont follow Hearts.

We don't need stalkers we need supporters.

Help the club. Support it. Open your wallet.

Start an FOH pledge if you dont have one.

Renew your season ticket or get one if you dont have one.

My son has a new Hearts training top. Buying merchandise helps. 

Following us in the newspapers is no help at all.

Serious question - did you deliberately misconstrue that or have you just been on the drink?

On 28/07/2020 at 23:16, CavySlaveJambo said:

Could the two abstentions be counted as no’s? 

I'd say so, if you didn't vote in favour of change, you voted for the status quo.  

Surely refusing to take your wife anywhere but Tynecastle for a meal is a bit much!!?

Some folk need to calm down a bit IMO.

glynnlondon
1 minute ago, hunts said:

Surely refusing to take your wife anywhere but Tynecastle for a meal is a bit much!!?

Some folk need to calm down a bit IMO.

Makes a change from chicken cottage I suppose

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Probably true but if the end result is we take 1000 instead of 2000 then that matters. 

Any more than 800-1000 at Arbroath, or the first away game with crowds if not Arbroath and the boycott will crumble at the first hurdle IMO

Edited by JimmyCant

If we boycott then all that happens is an individual club doesn't see many Hearts fans at their ground a few times in the season... wouldn't be much more of a financial loss to them if it had been Hamilton who went down and typically brought a handful of fans. If ALL the other teams decided to follow suit then we lose ALL away support/income at all our home games, which may not have been much tbf, but still... it's income at a time of great uncertainty. Hypothetically it could hurt us just as bad so what's the point?

It won't happen anyway. Rangers suffered far worse in 2012 and all you heard was boycotts and they ended up bringing more support to away games. Fans want to travel and support the team, look forward to it, use it to brighten up a boring week at work. The team deserve support at every ground we go to, as they should. Boycotts are nonsense and actually just petty and childish. We went down, it's done, **** them all but lets support the team and players and get back up a stronger team.

9 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Heart of Midlothian Football Club have decided to play in SPFL and SFA competitions. If it’s good enough for the club to play then it should be good enough for Hearts supporters to watch and back their team and encourage them to do their best! 

It's also good enough for Hearts fans to decide where they spend their money.  If Hearts fans want to attend away games, then fair enough, that is their choice.  If some would rather not give their money to clubs who shafted us, that is also their choice.  If a lot of those fans decide to donate the money they saved by not attending away games to FOH, then that is also their choice.  I know what my choice is, but I'm not going to try and lecture anyone who makes a different choice.

As to your first point, we've decided to play in SPFL and SFA competitions.  What alternative do we have?  If we don't play in SPFL and SFA competitions, we basically cease to exist as a professional club.

1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Which means all have spare lolly to make a maroon weekend of it!!!!!!

It would be fantastic if we were to take 5,000 fans to Inverness, while taking no more than 1,000 to any other away ground.  Make a huge party out of the occasion.  The meeting of the two capitals, feck all the shiteholes.

ToadKiller Dog

Certainly a point needs to be made by the fans ,so I support an away boycott to certain targeted  clubs for the next two seasons ,

Never again is too big a demand for all and would eventually fall away ,but i can understand individuals not wanting ever to go back .

Those that do chose to go i don't have any complaint with just promise at some point in every game give that Toad Dungcaster some abuse ..

They game will never move on while he is at the helm.

7 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Any more than 800-1000 at Arbroath, or the first away game with crowds if not Arbroath and the boycott will crumble at the first hurdle IMO

The boycott will crumble as soon as we start winning games and folk are allowed to attend

All the people I know and Couple of supporters clubs are unanimously taking a stance and not going, yes there will definitely be fans although this probably won’t be until next year.

Some of the clubs have already admitted that they can’t operate with no fans behind closed doors, little shame is that some clubs may not be with us when we actually can boycott.

we wont see 10k + in Tynecastle or 40/50k in Glasgow anytime soon, public transport and full buses to games won’t be happening- let’s see the drama unfold as this really is going to come apart like never before.

Edited by adam1998

Brighton Jambo
11 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Are you serious? You want to stop Hearts supporters watching Hearts play! What is the official Heart of Midlothian FC position on this matter? If the JKB mob want me to not watch Hearts play ever again away from home in the league (unless they give dispensation) in the SPFL Cup & SFA Cup away or neutral venues then I think it will be hard for many to continue to support Hearts!

I honestly don’t believe you are a Hearts fan.  I can accept you may have a different view about going to away games but your faux level of incredulity that others have a different view means you are at best not a real hearts fan or worst just a troll.  Which is it? 

maroonlegions
10 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Thanks that’s reassuring (and a refreshing post - thanks) we live in a democracy and should be able to make our own decisions! 

Aye shame that so called democracy did not apply to us when Dundee did the sneaky and threw us under a juggernaut with the command of Doncaster.

But if there are fans that want to fill the coffers of those that voted to deplete ours  by visiting their grounds, cos they like a day out,  then is that a  just democratic way in regards to those who are not visiting away grounds and telling those clubs we will never forget.

I could even go as far as suggesting that this is like someone crossing the picket line and not giving a feck about the bigger picture and choosing the selfess  option.

Those clubs gave a clear message that they care only about themselves its time we done the same and roll over no more.. FTH

Edited by maroonlegions

buckhind jambo
On 27/07/2020 at 14:20, pressgang22 said:

As far as the Championship is concerned: Inverness, Arbroath, Dunfermline and Morton all voted FOR reconstruction...

Dundee, Alloa, Ayr, QOTS and Raith voted against. These are the five who should be completely boycotted.

****  Dunfermline they voted to end the season for the scraps off Dungcasters table, they only voted for reconstruction when they found out it wouldnt go through, all to look good for the maroon pound, apart from Inverness on your list the rest did so too......... ****  them all!

Ex member of the SaS

Sorry had to skip a lot of posts. Am I right in thinking we have Dundee twice at home and once away? The simple fact they have us at home to try and break up the boycott should never stop us.

maroonlegions
10 hours ago, Armageddon said:

2000 fans

£20 a head

13 away games

It could pay for our upcoming fine. Get it right up Doncaster, how beautiful would that be. 

56 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I honestly don’t believe you are a Hearts fan.  I can accept you may have a different view about going to away games but your faux level of incredulity that others have a different view means you are at best not a real hearts fan or worst just a troll.  Which is it? 

You can believe whatever you want!

You are backing and promoting the boycott. How long do you believe it’s planned to last, is it indefinite or is there a time limit (years, seasons)?

maroonlegions
Just now, maroonlegions said:

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

You are backing and promoting the boycott. How long do you believe it’s planned to last, is it indefinite or is there a time limit (years, seasons)?

And you are backing a belief that  its ok to roll up to these grounds as if feck all had happened  and jump back in bed with someone that screwed the feck out of bird, no fecking chance,  we are not mugs.

gorgie rd eh11
10 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

You don't seem to be grasping this. There's no plan it's a personal choice. If i feel differently sometime in the future i'll change my mind but at the moment i have no desire to go anywhere other than Tynecastle.

16 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

And you are backing a belief that  its ok to roll up to these grounds as if feck all had happened  and jump back in bed with someone that screwed the feck out of bird, no fecking chance,  we are not mugs.

Boycotts of football matches never works. This boycott won’t work. Some will stay away of course but it will be minimal IMO and drop away pretty quickly. I can see it being more observed for Dundee and Raith away but Hearts will take 1500-2000 to every away game once those sorts of numbers are allowed. Even if we boycott fully, clubs will get over it. They’ve managed without us in that league for 5 years now

Boycotting is a personal choice. Going to games is a personal choice. Do what you like but this bullying and scabbing and intimidation of folk who simply want to go and watch and support the team will need to be knocked on the head.

Our group of 4, as of this moment, feel we want to boycott. However we’ve all laughed knowingly when someone said ‘ So if I call you on a lovely spring Saturday morning and ask if you fancy a day out at Dunfermline (replace with town of your choice) to see the Jambos your going to say NO ‘

Edited by JimmyCant

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Boycotts of football matches never works. This boycott won’t work. Some will stay away of course but it will be minimal IMO and drop away pretty quickly. I can see it being more observed for Dundee and Raith away but Hearts will take 1500-2000 to every away game once those sorts of numbers are allowed. Even if we boycott fully, clubs will get over it. They’ve managed without us in that league for 5 years now

Boycotting is a personal choice. Going to games is a personal choice. Do what you like but this bullying and scabbing and intimidation of folk who simply want to go and watch and support the team will need to be knocked on the head.

Our group of 4, as of his moment, feel we want to boycott. However we’ve all laughed knowingly when someone said ‘ So if I call you on a lovely spring Saturday morning and ask if you fancy a day out at Dunfermline (replace with town of your choice) your going to say NO ‘

Those club haven’t had Covid, games with no fans or season curtailment to deal with in the last 5 years  so that point is irrelevant.

If you’d rather put your day out with the boys lining the pockets of those who done us harm and before making a stand that’s your choice. You certainly won’t be alone but it’s a selfish one. 

5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Our group of 4, as of this moment, feel we want to boycott. However we’ve all laughed knowingly when someone said ‘ So if I call you on a lovely spring Saturday morning and ask if you fancy a day out at Dunfermline (replace with town of your choice) to see the Jambos your going to say NO ‘

No one's being bullied or intimidated. 

But if you think that's the case you should report such posts to the Mods. 

kingantti1874

Just reading that there will be no significant movement on large crowds at sporting events in scotland until significant progress on vaccine.. even if crowds are allowed in some shape of form likelihood to minimise interaction it will be home fans only. 

I don’t think we will get the chance to bite back in 20/21

11 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Incidentally, this should extend to any sort of pay per view when games are behind closed doors. Not a penny to anyone except ICT.

Yes, I was thinking the same, but if you were to stumble across some free stream...  :whistling:

hibsarepants
13 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

JC - I get your last point in particular - we have a group of 8+ and that same question will arise - we all like away trips. But the thought of giving these ****s one penny sticks in my throat. They have on purpose put us in their league - cant be because it increases their chances of promotion - in fact the exact opposite. There is only 1 reason  - they want our money. They wont get mine or any of our "old" team.

maroonlegions
12 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Those club haven’t had Covid, games with no fans or season curtailment to deal with in the last 5 years  so that point is irrelevant.

If you’d rather put your day out with the boys lining the pockets of those who done us harm and before making a stand that’s your choice. You certainly won’t be alone but it’s a selfish one. 

Bang on. A day oot wi tha boys is more important than putting ticket money back into the club. Mental.

maroonlegions
3 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

Yes, I was thinking the same, but if you were to stumble across some free stream...  :whistling:

Free streams are even more of a two fingers up to those clubs streaming it  . Cheers for the stream mugs. LOL>

Pasquale for King
11 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

**** going to see another team play the same day hearts are playing. 
That’s just ****ing wrong. 

We should be in a final on the Sunday that weekend.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Bang on. A day oot wi tha boys is more important than putting ticket money back into the club. Mental.

You could do both, there’s plenty things to do at the stadium any given Saturday?

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Just reading that there will be no significant movement on large crowds at sporting events in scotland until significant progress on vaccine.. even if crowds are allowed in some shape of form likelihood to minimise interaction it will be home fans only. 

I don’t think we will get the chance to bite back in 20/21

This is a lifetime thing, for me anyway.

5 minutes ago, hibsarepants said:

JC - I get your last point in particular - we have a group of 8+ and that same question will arise - we all like away trips. But the thought of giving these ****s one penny sticks in my throat. They have on purpose put us in their league - cant be because it increases their chances of promotion - in fact the exact opposite. There is only 1 reason  - they want our money. They wont get mine or any of our "old" team.

Same conversation we had. It’s not going to be easy to stay away. Dundee and Raith are no brainers. I can’t imagine us going there in any circumstances. Dumfries, Dunfermline, Arbroath ? Good days out and harder to say no, especially if we’re skelping teams off the park like last time. Inverness goes without saying.

24 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

You seriously think hundreds of JKB blowhards are going to stick £25 in twice a month as part of this boycott ?  That sort of high principle talk is really easy. I’ve just been made redundant although I was near retirement anyway. I’ve got an ST and a £20 FOH subscription I’ll keep. That’s an ST for which I’ll probably see less than 5 games but I knew that when I renewed. I’m not chucking in another £50 a month for no return. There’s a limit and that’s it for me, being totally honest.

Edited by JimmyCant

It's been a while since pulling on the jersey, the players could give  a f u c k,  you being there, it is not going to make any difference to the wasterul players We have.

Don't know how to or if we have already, but can we have a poll asking those who would normally attend, boycott yes or no 

maroonlegions
26 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

You seriously think hundreds of JKB blowhards are going to stick £25 in twice a month as part of this boycott ?  That sort of high principle talk is really easy. I’ve just been made redundant although I was near retirement anyway. I’ve got an ST and a £20 FOH subscription I’ll keep. That’s an ST for which I’ll probably see less than 5 games but I knew that when I renewed. I’m not chucking in another £50 a month for no return. There’s a limit and that’s it for me, being totally honest.

You seriously think that no fans will not.

You are basing your argument on assumptions and guesswork work 

How do you know what people are earning .

You are also basing your argument from your own personal financial situation.

And what's this no return  non sense. 

You seriously saying there will be no LONG term return outside of actually going to the game.

The returns could be very good for the club financially and a massive two fingers up to those clubs that screwed us over  and Doncaster. 

Ex member of the SaS

Robbie is being diplomatic in saying he wants large crowds, but understands why fans want to boycott. He also " hopes " for a large fan base at home. Well Robbie the last part I can virtually guarantee. As for giving cash to clubs who are fighting the same league? No chance.

Every club who doesn't have the cash for players or is maybe close to going bust is fine by me.

In fact I really do hope they over spend thinking they can recoup with game money, money that won't be forthcoming.