Boycott Away Grounds.

maroonlegions

22 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

You seriously think that no fans will not.

You are basing your argument on assumptions and guesswork work 

How do you know what people are earning .

You are also basing your argument from your own personal financial situation.

And what's this no return  non sense. 

You seriously saying there will be no LONG term return outside of actually going to the game.

The returns could be very good for the club financially and a massive two fingers up to those clubs that screwed us over  and Doncaster. 

Some WILL donate. I don’t doubt it. Some will boycott for a while. I don’t doubt that either. Some may never go to another away game. 

I only know what I earn and what else is coming into my household. And roughly I know how well off or struggling my mates are. In general I’ll chuck some money at Hearts fairly frequently and not expect anything back for it. My mates have done the same to one degree or another.

The whole purpose in supporting Hearts financially, is to have a team we go and watch. Eventually for most people that will override the anger and Ill feeling towards other clubs

There are loads of things that we do daily that we shouldn’t do or Should have a good think about the principle and morals of doing it. Shopping at Amazon, flying with Ryanair, eating at McDonalds, using your car when you could walk or take the bus, illegal streaming. Buying Walkers crisps and keeping Lineker in the manner he is accustomed to.  Cheating on your partner, pulling a sicky at work, the list is endless. Following Hearts away is now just another moral dilemma and the pull of seeing Hearts and having a good day out will triumph over principle. Some will take longer than others but this boycott thing is relatively short term for most, not at all for some, forever for a few. Human nature.

Edited by JimmyCant

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• communist

• Pasquale for King

• maroonlegions

• Chuck Berry

14 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Some WILL donate. I don’t doubt it. Some will boycott for a while. I don’t doubt that either. Some may never go to another away game. 

I only know what I earn and what else is coming into my household. And roughly I know how well off or struggling my mates are. In general I’ll chuck some money at Hearts fairly frequently and not expect anything back for it. My mates have done the same to one degree or another.

The whole purpose in supporting Hearts financially, is to have a team we go and watch. Eventually for most people that will override the anger and Ill feeling towards other clubs

There are loads of things that we do daily that we shouldn’t do or Should have a good think about the principle and morals of doing it. Shopping at Amazon, flying with Ryanair, eating at McDonalds, using your car when you could walk or take the bus, illegal streaming. Buying Walkers crisps and keeping Lineker in the manner he is accustomed to.  Cheating on your partner, pulling a sicky at work, the list is endless. Following Hearts away is now just another moral dilemma and the pull of seeing Hearts and having a good day out will triumph over principle. Some will take longer than others but this boycott thing is relatively short term for most, not at all for some, forever for a few. Human nature.

You really don't need to justify yourself for going to away games.

If we're top of the league and beat Hibs in the semi, we will take thousands to away games when we're allowed to attend. 

Being called selfish for wanting a day out to attend is mental. 

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, hunts said:

Surely refusing to take your wife anywhere but Tynecastle for a meal is a bit much!!?

Some folk need to calm down a bit IMO.

😂😂

11 hours ago, hunts said:

Surely refusing to take your wife anywhere but Tynecastle for a meal is a bit much!!?

Some folk need to calm down a bit IMO.

Part timer  :mad:

:wink:  

12 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Any more than 800-1000 at Arbroath, or the first away game with crowds if not Arbroath and the boycott will crumble at the first hurdle IMO

Just wondering would we get a 1,000 at Arbroath? Mean capacity wise.

9 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

6000 capacity at Arbroath 

10 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

Name
Gayfield Park
City
Arbroath
Capacity

54 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Robbie is being diplomatic in saying he wants large crowds, but understands why fans want to boycott. He also " hopes " for a large fan base at home. Well Robbie the last part I can virtually guarantee. As for giving cash to clubs who are fighting the same league? No chance.

Every club who doesn't have the cash for players or is maybe close to going bust is fine by me.

In fact I really do hope they over spend thinking they can recoup with game money, money that won't be forthcoming. 

Unfortunately that is not in our hands at the moment. We are still in Phase 3 and will be for the next three weeks so the chances of any fans being in grounds in Scotland are well off.

I honestly don't see any crowds even socially distanced ones this year. 

Ex member of the SaS
18 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Unfortunately that is not in our hands at the moment. We are still in Phase 3 and will be for the next three weeks so the chances of any fans being in grounds in Scotland are well off.

You are correct, This supposed pandemic has everyone sh!t sacred to breath in the open air! Some really thick sheep who believe everything the government tell them ,but that's for another thread.

30 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Hasn't she just said from the middle of September? 

Edited by Dazo

21 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

You are correct, This supposed pandemic has everyone sh!t sacred to breath in the open air! Some really thick sheep who believe everything the government tell them ,but that's for another thread.

Along with 4500 dying of some supposed pandemic aye ?

14 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I didn't see it today but I think if that is the case it will only be for the Premiership.

I also undertand that there is going to be some sort ot trial run done before allowing any crowds back and they will still have to socially distance.

A lot could also hinge on how the fans behave themselves in the next few weeks once the league starts. They will be watching in pubs and clubs etc and if they don't behave themselves then that could have a knock-on effect of delaying the return of fans.

Edited by wavydavy

16 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Possibly October but no promises is what she said

Edit. That’s what she said on 2nd July. Didn’t hear an update on that so apologies if she has.

Edited by JimmyCant

spirt of 98

The cup semi v Hibs heard that a few plan to attend outside Hampden and sing but not entering the ground. How funny would it be if we managed to get everyone who lined the streets for our cup winning parade to stand outside hampden having a party but not buying a ticket. 100 thousand Jambos going wild. That would send a message to the GFA. 

Edited by spirt of 98

I get what Robbie says about wanting backing at away games and as the dust settles it will become harder to make the right choices.  BUT if nothing else I would dearly love a completely empty away end on our two visits to Kirkcaldy.   That clown has wound me up more than any other.  

I don’t mind away fans attending and supporting the team but wouldn’t like to see full houses so best of both worlds

24 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Edit. That’s what she said on 2nd July. Didn’t hear an update on that so apologies if she has.

I just had a look online and Dazo was right. They are saying that fans could be able to attend games from 14 September but there will be some test games done first to see how well Social Distancing works. They did not specify venues but suggested it could be some Rugby games as well as football or other sporting events.

38 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

14th September for stadia reopening number restrictions and social distancing 

Raith Rovers chief wants to 'build bridges' with Hearts after 'tainted' relationship - and would be surprised if fans boycott

2 minutes ago, j1964m said:

Raith Rovers chief wants to 'build bridges' with Hearts after 'tainted' relationship - and would be surprised if fans boycott

He should have thought of that before he voted to relegate us Partick and Stranraer.

He was happy to bad mouth us before and during the court/arbitartion process but now that he has what he wanted he expects us to forgive and forget.

The tainted relationship was his doing not ours so he can face the consequences.  I for one will not be paying to enter his Railway Siding Football Ground.

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I thought this was quite funny. Dundee apparantly not getting what they had wanted in terms of home fixtures in these cash strapped times.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/analysis-dundee-have-right-to-feel-aggrieved/

"With money tight at the club due to the coronavirus shutdown, Dundee have the right to feel aggrieved they will have to go with one less home game than others as well as only having one big pay day from a sizeable Hearts travelling support."

🤣🤣🤣  

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I thought this was quite funny. Dundee apparantly not getting what they had wanted in terms of home fixtures in these cash strapped times.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/analysis-dundee-have-right-to-feel-aggrieved/

"With money tight at the club due to the coronavirus shutdown, Dundee have the right to feel aggrieved they will have to go with one less home game than others as well as only having one big pay day from a sizeable Hearts travelling support."

Hopefully there is more of an appetite to celebrate our title at tynecastle than at Raith Rovers but only time will tell.

A lot of these teams will have limited capacity I doubt they are going to let Hearts fans in over their own. The boycott will never happen as we wont be going to away games anyway.

Its up to the club to utilise this situation.

ToadKiller Dog
8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

At least they have the lucrative friendlies that Nelms was promised to fall back on.

6 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

🤣🤣🤣  

:rofl:aye, we’ll tell the jokes. 

will-i-am-a-jambo
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Im assuming you are an expert on virus transmission or in the medical profession judging by your comments? Try telling that to the thousands who have lost their family or friends to this pandemic.

12 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

🤣🤣🤣  

Not so sure about this.

3 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Im assuming you are an expert on virus transmission or in the medical profession judging by your comments? Try telling that to the thousands who have lost their family or friends to this pandemic.

Niece suffered badly for weeks. Only 26 but luckily improving now.

will-i-am-a-jambo
Just now, jr ewing said:

Niece suffered badly for weeks. Only 26 but luckily improving now.

Im sorry for your niece suffering but lm glad she is on the mend. All the best to her and wish her a speedy recovery to full fitness. From the reports l've heard it's an absolutely horrendous infection to have. Thoughtless comments by internet know it alls are not helpful.

will-i-am-a-jambo
26 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

The irony! Nae luck Dundee. Maybe should've thought about it whilst you decided to change your vote to expel three clubs from their division. Looking past the end of their nose isn't in these chairpersons forte.

1 minute ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

The irony! Nae luck Dundee. Maybe should've thought about it whilst you decided to change your vote to expel three clubs from their division. Looking past the end of their nose isn't in these chairpersons forte.

Yep serves them righ in my opinion. I will not be contributing to their gate receipts either albeit I would normally have gone.

Chuck Berry
1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Going by what other nations have been doing capacity wise in allowing fans to return, do not expect anymore than 25% capacity this year.

Czech Republic did have 25% or a maximum of 5,000, they have now cut it back to 500 across the board due to rising cases. Germany won't allow away fans at all this year and terraces to remain closed, seats only.

Get used to the fact there won't be even a half full Tynecastle until some time in 2021.

The SFA want to run a test event for the Israel game on 4th September, that's probably going to be no more than 5,000 in a 50k stadium, it could be less.

Harry Potter
2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

6000 capacity at Arbroath 

Mind up there , i think 1978, going for promotion, concord wine on the bus😏,

vodka and pints in a club in Arbroath, was reekin, 1-0 Hearts due to Bannons goal,

great day.  8389 that day, all hearts.

Edited by Harry Potter

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

I didn't see it today but I think if that is the case it will only be for the Premiership.

I also undertand that there is going to be some sort ot trial run done before allowing any crowds back and they will still have to socially distance.

A lot could also hinge on how the fans behave themselves in the next few weeks once the league starts. They will be watching in pubs and clubs etc and if they don't behave themselves then that could have a knock-on effect of delaying the return of fans.

Yep, crowded pubs and clubs are safer than a half empty stadium!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Who has a game that Monday?

weegie jambo

I just had a look online and Dazo was right. They are saying that fans could be able to attend games from 14 September but there will be some test games done first to see how well Social Distancing works. They did not specify venues but suggested it could be some Rugby games as well as football or other sporting events.

You just can predict that the test games will involve celtic* and they'll screw it up, ignore social distancing, let off a few flares and Nicola will pull the plug leaving us good guys out in the cold again

In two minds about this I’m with a few in terms away games are a good day out but we’ve really to make a point because we get shat on once they’ll do it again so unless we take a stand.....but funny if we do attend away games and they get better attendances than the SPL.....

Harry Potter
4 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

In two minds about this I’m with a few in terms away games are a good day out but we’ve really to make a point because we get shat on once they’ll do it again so unless we take a stand.....but funny if we do attend away games and they get better attendances than the SPL.....

I know what you mean, 

gorgie rd eh11
1 hour ago, j1964m said:

The arrogance of this ****. 

Ex member of the SaS
56 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Like I said, for another thread however I am medically trained and know for a fact that many so called covid deaths are nothing of the sort. There are three possible causes for someone demised on a death certificate. First line is what they died from the second is underlying causes and the third for anything else or a minor contributor. Many people have died WITH covid Ie they had symptoms but that was not what killed them, however covid was still on the certificate thus the numbers quoted by SMSM are false. 

Never before have the healthy been quarantined, in all previous cases it's the sick who get quarantined. 

Ex member of the SaS

B, but I thought they had an arrangement with Doncaster, an assurance they would be looked after when they changed their vote. Tough sh!t, they should know never to trust the SPFL or anyone connected to the corrupt organisation.

That Scumdee article brought a wide smile to my face and almost fell off my chair when I read the "sizeable travelling Hearts support" part. Clueless, do they think our memories are that short? Also might be out of our hands anyway... Either way ... Tick Tock for they rats and well deserved!

Chuck Berry
9 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Like I said, for another thread however I am medically trained and know for a fact that many so called covid deaths are nothing of the sort. There are three possible causes for someone demised on a death certificate. First line is what they died from the second is underlying causes and the third for anything else or a minor contributor. Many people have died WITH covid Ie they had symptoms but that was not what killed them, however covid was still on the certificate thus the numbers quoted by SMSM are false. 

Never before have the healthy been quarantined, in all previous cases it's the sick who get quarantined. 

:callme:

will-i-am-a-jambo
14 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Ok that's fair enough. I've also heard from colleagues at work that some people are having Covid 19 put on their death certificates even though that wasn't the reason why they died so it makes sense what you are saying. I agree it's really a comment for the shed so apologies for going slightly off topic.

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

🤣🤣🤣  

Hearts are the highest seeded team in the league, it is only correct we get two home games against the teams seeded directly below us.

:greggy:

3 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I'm agreement with you. That's why I find it a bit sad we have people apparently getting so angry at or vicious in their words with fellow supporters here, who are making a personal choice, on both sides of the arguement. Come on folks we can and should be better than that.

Ex member of the SaS
13 minutes ago, Jumper said:

I'm agreement with you. That's why I find it a bit sad we have people apparently getting so angry at or vicious in their words with fellow supporters here, who are making a personal choice, on both sides of the arguement. Come on folks we can and should be better than that.

Reports that fans will be allowed, are in the media, But I have said before, fans will be back before Christmas as Celtic will be in deep financial trouble if they can't get fans in. They are desperate for fans to be allowed for their bigot fest and Lawwell is in contact with the Scottish Government behind the backs of the GFA so it's clear they will be in the vanguard of any experiment. Far better to allow smaller clubs who don't have a huge fan base to be the ones who trial it.